• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

25573674564_a23335ae33_z.jpg

I do like the others!

i guess me, but if no one helps then i'll either pvp or call it a night.

Yeah unfortunately I don't see any other helpers around so we may be out of luck for another run tonight. Hopefully we'll have more time later this weekend. Realistically unless more helpers can grab people on that list then I definitely won't be able to run enough games to get to everyone this weekend. Regardless of whether or not we actually make it through.

But it's not a big deal. We'll just do the best we can with the people we have.

Elmo doing a double carry today, if he had his trials partner Lucky, it might have been a different story :p

Nice job getting Turtle to mercury.

Eh, both games look more like singles to me. He had a 1500+ guy first game and a ~1800 guy second game, only one guy was sub-1200 each time. First game wasn't fair since we weren't carrying, but second game their team had higher average elo. He went 12-15 combined k/d and I went 26-8.

Calling it a single/double or comparing stats isn't what's important. Every good player has games when they go off and games when they struggle. I've lost matches despite outplaying the other team's slayer, and I've won matches while going negative because our teamwork was on point. Bottom line is you play to win the game; if you offer to help less skilled people win that means you can't blame them if you lose. The slayers have to slay and the supporters have to support.

///
Disclaimer for the record: these kinda posts use specific examples to illustrate general points. It's never about drama, nothing against Elmo or anyone else. I have mad respect and appreciation for anyone that does carries and spends their time+energy to help others. It's the lifeblood of a healthy community.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope they give all weapons a standard numeric or more accurate statistics. Can't really tell which weapons have more so and so unless you look up a guide and know from actually using it.

Grave is having the time of his life.

aarcane

Couldn't get past four wins* last night on Xbox. Either lag or getting matched with super-high skill opponents shut us down. Sunsingers everywhere.

Anyway, how's the trials rocket launcher? I got one with grenades & horseshoes from the gold package.

*Not that this means much, my best is six wins.

Couldn't get past four wins* last night on Xbox. Either lag or getting matched with super-high skill opponents shut us down. Sunsingers everywhere.

Anyway, how's the trials rocket launcher? I got one with grenades & horseshoes from the gold package.

*Not that this means much, my best is six wins.

It's nice, definitely a solid legendary RL option. Base stats like velocity and blast radius are a bit lower than a well-rolled gunsmith Suros RL or the Vertigo RL you can buy from FWC. But afaik those launchers still glitch out and only give you 2 rockets even if you have extra RL ammo boots. The Trials launcher will give you 3 rockets with extra ammo boots, which is more valuable imo than slightly better stats.

It's good to have grenades and horseshoes but they nerfed the detonation radius so hard that it rarely proc's nowadays. You really have to aim your rockets well which is another reason the stats aren't critical. Personally I use the Trials RL whenever I want a legendary one, although I usually run Truth since I've been maining Doctrine as my primary.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Somehow I got legendary marks twice from daily crucible. Have video to prove it.

Thorn putting in work.

So did I, was weird, jumped 30 LM and got 2 passage coins

Only frustrating thing about snipers is if you have them dead to rights and putting bullets into them, they should not be able to shoot a perfect shot, I mean come the fuck on

I tag you their 3/4ths dead, yet you can just shoot your sniper in the vicinity and get the AA to just hit you
Suppression needs to be added to combat snipers
If you dome me from a lane because I've not learned the map lanes yet, OK my fault, but no way should you be able to to get off perfect shot while getting hit

Seriously I ran with Kadey and her train calling out everything, I'm getting used to maps and adjusting
Slowly I climbed the group leaderboard placing second many times

Got my guys close to Crucible level up
Come Tuesday I'll be set with most faction leveling and hope for good loot, who am I kidding it will be some bullshit

aarcane

It's nice, definitely a solid legendary RL option. Base stats like velocity and blast radius are a bit lower than a well-rolled gunsmith Suros RL or the Vertigo RL you can buy from FWC. But afaik those launchers still glitch out and only give you 2 rockets even if you have extra RL ammo boots. The Trials launcher will give you 3 rockets with extra ammo boots, which is more valuable imo than slightly better stats.

It's good to have grenades and horseshoes but they nerfed the detonation radius so hard that it rarely proc's nowadays. You really have to aim your rockets well which is another reason the stats aren't critical. Personally I use the Trials RL whenever I want a legendary one, although I usually run Truth since I've been maining Doctrine as my primary.

Nice, I'll probably give it a test run later. I usually go with Truth as my heavy in PvP (Finnala's Peril as my primary) so at least I have the scumbag tracking as an option for more open areas, as well as grenades & horseshoes and the blast radius doing the business elsewhere.

I'll be trying out Suros Regime as my primary after the update, so I'm looking at decent legendary RL options. I've got a vendor Vertigo and a pair of good JLB-47s, one with tracking, the other with G&H, but the 2 rocket limit annoys me. I haven't even had a bad roll Ash Factory drop for me in Y2 yet (same deal with Party Crasher, but that's RNG for you).

I can >.>;

You're only kind of a virgin! Honestly this weekend I'm trying to focus on people who don't have the Hic Jacket emblem since this is the last chance for it. There'll be plenty of chances for a legit Driz+Grave Lighthouse run as opposed the earlier Driz-as-Grave runs.

I guess if no one else is around we might still be able to run it, but realistically I probably need to save my energy for that long list of folks. We can play it by ear depending on whether anyone else posts soon and if Inapp is up for it.

edit: you sneaky Pete.... we'll get you there soon dude, no worries.

Yeah unfortunately I don't see any other helpers around so we may be out of luck for another run tonight. Hopefully we'll have more time later this weekend. Realistically unless more helpers can grab people on that list then I definitely won't be able to run enough games to get to everyone this weekend. Regardless of whether or not we actually make it through.

But it's not a big deal. We'll just do the best we can with the people we have.
It's appreciated, regardless.

Gammacide

We just deflowered virgin #2 for the week, huzzah! Inapp said he's down to help with another run if you want to fire it up.
You and Inapplicable were awesome. Great great plays. Glad I could support where I could. Year 2 Mercury done. Feels amazing. Thanks again.

You and Inapplicable were awesome. Great great plays. Glad I could support where I could. Year 2 Mercury done. Feels amazing. Thanks again.

Congrats and GGs to you, sir! We had some incredibly bad luck with me getting DC'ed one game then Inapp getting DC'ed another game, but we still managed to clutch out the Lighthouse trip. You could tell how good our teamwork was when we matched that same team for our last two games. They made a valiant comeback attempt in the first game but we shut them down 5-1 in our final game to stamp our cards for Mercury. It was such a relief that the disconnection bullshit didn't cheat us out of a flawless.

darknil

What is the requirement for the Hic Jacet emblem? It is not guarenteed to drop on Mercury? I was carried by Drizz on Y1 but I don't have it unlocked.

What is the requirement for the Hic Jacet emblem? It is not guarenteed to drop on Mercury? I was carried by Drizz on Y1 but I don't have it unlocked.
It's guaranteed. The reason you don't have it is because it is a y2 emblem, y1 Mercury had a different emblem.

Update list in order of replies:

Mercury Virgin:
Light_Knight_Sky (Sat and Sunday)
LooneyMD
Shiv47
MutenTurtle
tp_Drewz (Australia timezone)

Year 2 Virgin:
FyreWulff
Gammacide
Dr_LawyerCop (All weekend)
Spyder_ur
ErnieMcCracken (Monday Night)

Add me to the Year 2 Virgin list please. I am around all weekend except tonight. Really want that emblem before its gone. psn: kreepmode

Gammacide

Congrats and GGs to you, sir! We had some incredibly bad luck with me getting DC'ed one game then Inapp getting DC'ed another game, but we still managed to clutch out the Lighthouse trip. You could tell how good our teamwork was when we matched that same team for our last two games. They made a valiant comeback attempt in the first game but we shut them down 5-1 in our final game to stamp our cards for Mercury. It was such a relief that the disconnection bullshit didn't cheat us out of a flawless.
Ugh, I know. Bad enough when you get dc'ed and Inapp and I have to 2v3 a pretty scrubby team, but to lose him when you and I have to face a pretty competent team is another thing. We (you) were almost able to do it too which is crazy. Rough, but such a fun ride. :)

Top Bottom