• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

1fO8ZYq.jpg

It took 3 cards (one run was ruined by a disconnect), but we got Kreepmode's Hic Jacket just before time expired. The games were obscenely competitive, but it felt great to clutch out one last trip. Finished 3 runs playing with first timers (MutenTurtle, Gammacide, Bombastico), and another two runs with me playing on their accounts (Saithan, Kreep). We got 3 virgins to 8-0 (Looney with Inapp, Macello's friend JBH with Igor, and Dr LawyerCop with Igor and X), plus Light would have made it if not for the boon snafu.

Of course it hurts to have been that close to 9 virgins instead of 5, but considering how sweaty Trials is nowadays we should feel damn good. There are no easy runs, so every success is a cause for celebration. Congrats and GGs to all the newbies, whether we made it or not. Hopefully even the losses were a valuable learning experience. Many thanks to the helpers (Igor, Inapp and Xplicit) for your time, energy and MLG skills.

For everyone we didn't get to, including people who sent me their info, there's always next week! Someday all DGAFers will bask in the sun's warm glow.

///
Bonus scoreboard screenshot: Kreep is a beast! My best game of the night, against a couple guys with ~2.4 k/ds

phen0m24

It took 3 cards (one run was ruined by a disconnect), but we got Kreepmode's Hic Jacket just before time expired. The games were obscenely competitive, but it felt great to clutch out one last trip. Finished 3 runs playing with first timers (MutenTurtle, Gammacide, Bombastico), and another two runs with me playing on their accounts (Saithan, Kreep). We got 3 virgins to 8-0 (Looney with Inapp, Macello's friend JBH with Igor, and Dr LawyerCop with Igor and X), plus Light would have made it if not for the boon snafu.

Of course it hurts to have been that close to 9 virgins instead of 5, but considering how sweaty Trials is nowadays we should feel damn good. There are no easy runs, so every success is a cause for celebration. Congrats and GGs to all the newbies, whether we made it or not. Hopefully even the losses were a valuable learning experience. Many thanks to the helpers (Igor, Inapp and Xplicit) for your time, energy and MLG skills.

For everyone we didn't get to, including people who sent me their info, there's always next week! Someday all DGAFers will bask in the sun's warm glow.

///
Bonus scoreboard screenshot: Kreep is a beast! My best game of the night, against a couple guys with ~2.4 k/ds

Nice work Drizz - beast mode
If anyone wants someone to lower their ELO or kd I'm available hahaha

I'm dumb. For some reason I thought the OTs stop at 100 pages. And kept wondering why no one was interested in new titles for the next one.

Brain fart I guess.

WeTeHa

Anybody have any ideas what the best way to progress is after the update?

3x nightfall? lvl 41 PoE? Court of Oryx? Challenge of the Elders? Crucible Nightfall?

Don't do the raid until the hotfix hits, I guess.

Number45

Personally just going to check out the reef and tower for new quests (and see if the vanguard level up I have waiting will net me new gear) and take it from there. Going to leave the raid (assuming challenge mode is intact after the update?) for Friday night by which time hopefully the April update update will be up.

Anybody have any ideas what the best way to progress is after the update?

3x nightfall? lvl 41 PoE? Court of Oryx? Challenge of the Elders? Crucible Nightfall?

Don't do the raid until the hotfix hits, I guess.

I don't think anyone will know the "perfect" way to progress until the update drops and we all play it. Maybe start with the new quests and have fun. We're part of DGAF. No need to rush through everything. Everyone here plays enough that we will get all that loot soon enough.

Edit: Personally, my plan is to clean out my vault(I have a bunch of exotic engrams and such), spend about
$20+
on Silver so I can get the Taken emote ASAP(Sorry Breezy), get my faction packs, rank up my NM with Heavy(so my Hunter can get his second faction exotic), do any new quests on my main, and maybe NF. Tomorrow my raid group is all ready for 3X HM clears.

Homeboyd

///
You did some fkn work yesterday and this past weekend. GGs man.

WeTeHa

I don't think anyone will know the "perfect" way to progress until the update drops and we all play it. Maybe start with the new quests and have fun. We're part of DGAF. No need to rush through everything. Everyone here plays enough that we will get all that loot soon enough!

Oh right, we get a new questline. That'll be the first thing I do then.

Magik

1st thing I'm going to do is turn in all my engrams to free up space and maybe do all faction rank ups considering I have a 1000 Heavy ammo packs on two of my characters lol.

aarcane

Someday all DGAFers will bask in the sun's warm glow.

Will this include Xbox DGAFers? At least, you'd get to laugh at my scrubbiness.

Anyway, looking forward to the update. It's going to be nice to clear my vault of all the "halfway there" infusion fodder and just go straight to all the high level stuff. Can't decide which new/old exotic to get first.

Will this include Xbox DGAFers? At least, you'd get to laugh at my scrubbiness.

Anyway, looking forward to the update. It's going to be nice to clear my vault of all the "halfway there" infusion fodder and just go straight to all the high level stuff. Can't decide which new/old exotic to get first.

Yeah, gonna be great to get rid of all the half measures.

1st thing I'm going to do is turn in all my engrams to free up space and maybe do all faction rank ups considering I have a 1000 Heavy ammo packs on two of my characters lol.

I've got 36 Exotic engrams ready to go, including one solitary special for that sweet Zen Meteor

Turn in bounties to rank up with Crucible/Vanguard no doubt shard the rewards for 6 marks, pump some heavy ammo into my factions, cash exotics, hit PvP to see what Hawkmoon's like and be rewarded with a PC+1 every other game

I can't wait for the patch.

I have 13 exotic engrams, crucible and cryptarch packages on each character, and a dead orbit package. I have three weekly Shaxx bounties and Trials gold packages.

I have enough mats to get my last two factions up to 25 and have all nine factions at 25 (hooray for the 29 heroic strikes I'll need to do!)

X-Frame

I would love it if Hawkmoon was in the new meta and the top handcannon, though even with Thorn's nerfs it may still be able to 1 headshot / 2 bodyshot most armor builds but with a higher RoF than other handcannons, including Hawkmoon.

That is with Accurized, not even Aggressive Ballistics. Aggressive on Thorn should 3 shot every build.

Plus it'll still have more range than Hawkmoon. Hawkmoon's advantage will be two-shotting possibilities, but only with Aggressive Ballistics. And a much larger magazine.

///

Drizz, mucho aprecio, I was sweating just watching some of those games. Passed out before 2AM so I missed the disconnect game, that really sucks. Also thanks to Inapp and X, you guys all put in some serious work considering the player base last night was so fierce.

I hope Trials gets less sweatier and more accessible in the future but maybe this is exactly how Bungie wants it to be.

Magik

Trials is going to be interesting with all the changes to revives and the lack of any changes to the Firebolts.

Dying is going to hurt teams a lot more now since revives take 2 extra seconds and the radius of the revive is a lot smaller.

I think you will either see matches end super quickly or drag on for longer periods as teams will be cautious of pushing to avoid dying because of the changes to revives.

I can't wait for the patch.

I have 13 exotic engrams, crucible and cryptarch packages on each character, and a dead orbit package. I have three weekly Shaxx bounties and Trials gold packages.

I have enough mats to get my last two factions up to 25 and have all nine factions at 25 (hooray for the 29 heroic strikes I'll need to do!)
Only 13? What a casual.

WeTeHa

I have a bunch of engrams saved up as well. but I'm not going to decrypt them until we know more about the light level stuff. 6 primaries, 3 specials, 7 heavies and a bunch of armor engrams including 5 gloves. I was hoping for them to add the skip nade gloves, but I have a bad feeling about that.

Looks great. Problem is, I already have the ideal PvP rolls/leveled up on all my gear. My goal will be to get that gear to 325 so I am ready for Friday.

As do I. I have T5 INT/DISC for my Striker, T5 DISC/STR for my Defender. And in sets that look good (Trials theme). But! They don't look as good as this.

This is my goal by September. Remember, we have 5 (FIVE!) months with this content. Slow your roll, Ape. ;)

As do I. I have T5 INT/DISC for my Striker, T5 DISC/STR for my Defender. And in sets that look amazing.

This is my goal by September. Remember, we have 5 (FIVE!) months with this content. Slow your roll, Ape. ;)

I learned my lesson last time. September's Titan armor will be even more dope.

I can't slow my roll. I'm part of DGAF! I was supposed to have everything in today's update yesterday!

Kappa. That's also not a knock at anyone either.

Edit: Also, are we expecting another TTK sized drop in Fall?

gspec

I learned my lesson last time. September's Titan armor will be even more dope.

I can't slow my roll. I'm part of DGAF! I was supposed to have everything in today's update yesterday!

Kappa. That's also not a knock at anyone either.

Edit: Also, are we expecting another TTK sized drop in Fall?

What do you mean by september's titan armor. Is there supposed to be another destiny update in september?

Top Bottom