• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Kyne

That's a patch preview. I think there'll be more in there than we got Thursday, specifically things like multipliers for PvE damage. That's how it usually is anyway.

right, I think Deej said during the stream last week that we'd be getting the full notes before the update hit.

Edit: Also, are we expecting another TTK sized drop in Fall?
What do you mean by september's titan armor. Is there supposed to be another destiny update in september?

Destiny 2 was delayed to next year, so Bungie said to expect another large expansion this fall. What "large" means is anyone's guess.

right, I think Deej said during the stream last week that we'd be getting the full notes before the update hit.

Patch notes for Destiny always go up simultaneously with the Patch itself. I used to think that was ridiculous since every other game company can get them up early, but after the 0.004% fiasco, I don't begrudge DeeJ taking every second he can get to make certain the patch notes are accurate.

Axoman

Has there been any mention of gunsmith rank up packages dropping higher light weapons?

I'm planning to get all the gunsmith weapons done today before they change tomorrow so I think I'll be able to get 2 gunsmith packages on each character this week. But, if they aren't giving higher light weapons, I won't bother.

Nothus

Has there been any mention of gunsmith rank up packages dropping higher light weapons?

I'm planning to get all the gunsmith weapons done today before they change tomorrow so I think I'll be able to get 2 gunsmith packages on each character this week. But, if they aren't giving higher light weapons, I won't bother.

If I had to guess I'd say no, but then the 1:1 infusion kind of negates this problem now.

Destiny 2 was delayed to next year, so Bungie said to expect another large expansion this fall. What "large" means is anyone's guess.

Patch notes for Destiny always go up simultaneously with the Patch itself. I used to think that was ridiculous since every other game company can get them up early, but after the 0.004% fiasco, I don't begrudge DeeJ taking every second he can get to make certain the patch notes are accurate.

I'm going to guess the remaining year 1 content. Maybe they'll even bring back all exotics if nothing carries over to Destiny 2.

Homeboyd

Any xboners want to run some PoE later, holler at me: Homeboyd903

Will be running on Xbone until I get a ps4. Then RIP ~1000 hours.

NullMoon

Neo Member
So, with this update we get 1:1 infusion right? So for example I have a 280 LL Handcannon and infuse it with a 320 LL said Handcannon would intantlly be at 320 instead of having infuse a ton weapons to get there. Or am I wrong? Also would Exotics fall under the same 1:1 infusion category?

So, with this update we get 1:1 infusion right? So for example I have a 280 LL Handcannon and infuse it with a 320 LL said Handcannon would intantlly be at 320 instead of having infuse a ton weapons to get there. Or am I wrong? Also would Exotics fall under the same 1:1 infusion category?

Correct

Daemul

Any xboners want to run some PoE later, holler at me: Homeboyd903

Will be running on Xbone until I get a ps4. Then RIP ~1000 hours.
chosen-one.gif

Add me, GT:Daemul33

Daemul

I blame Activision.

And the 10 pages of grey, offline friends on Xbone every time I boot up Destino.

I understand your pain, I stopped playing the game entirely because all my friends got tired of it. I wouldn't move over and start again on PS4 though, I refuse to invest another 1000 hours into this damn game, I have betters things to do, like teabagging people in Halo 5.

Frenden

Banned
With how complete the gear resets are and how often that happens, restarting isn't as terrible as it might seem. The biggest grinds are the subclasses and faction ranks (only a subclass booster and some silver chests away, really,
kappa
).

Homeboyd

I understand your pain, I stopped playing the game entirely because all my friends got tired of it. I wouldn't move over and start again on PS4 though, I refuse to invest another 1000 hours into this damn game, I have betters things to do, like teabagging people in Halo 5.
I stopped playing for about 5 months until last week. Mostly because I hated a lot of things TTK did with investment/progression, but yeah Xboners dropping like flies didn't help. Figured now was as good a time as any to switch consoles. Don't have a PS4 yet though so I'm still kickin it on xbone. I'm leaving a fuckin treasure chest behind with my characters, so that sucks.

Axoman

I blame Activision.

And the 10 pages of grey, offline friends on Xbone every time I boot up Destino.

Just because Trance is set to offline, doesn't mean we all are!

There is no way I could start over.

I stopped playing for about 5 months until last week. Mostly because I hated a lot of things TTK did with investment/progression, but yeah Xboners dropping like flies didn't help. Figured now was as good a time as any to switch consoles. Don't have a PS4 yet though so I'm still kickin it on xbone. I'm leaving a fuckin treasure chest behind with my characters, so that sucks.

Sell your Xbox profile on eBay.

With how complete the gear resets are and how often that happens, restarting isn't as terrible as it might seem. The biggest grinds are the subclasses and faction ranks (only a subclass booster and some silver chests away, really,
kappa
).

My wallet is ready. I'm sorry. I really want the Taken emote and Titan armor ASAP.

LifEndz

I think the new Infusion system is what I'm most excited about.

It's a big reason why I'll be playing more than I was prior. The old system was almost punitive in terms of leveling up an exotic. So many shards now gone :(.

But now once I get patience and time year 2, I can get it to high light in no time. Great change.

Axoman

Axoman you on XBO too? If so what's your GT?

How much do Xbox profiles go for anyway?

Yes, I'm on xb1, Axoman909.

I don't know what they go for now, but year one you could make a pretty penny if you had fully leveled characters and a gjallarhorn.

Kyne

coming back from a long break. Stopped playing in November last year. Never made the grind past 310.. looks like I made the right choice. Time to get to 335 w/o any real struggles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't really been paying attention (at all) but it sounds as though this update has something to do with PoE and that Hawkmoon is getting a range buff and I like PoE and I like Hawkmoon so I declare this to be a Hawkian-friendly update.

coming back from a long break. Stopped playing in November last year. Never made the grind past 310.. looks like I made the right choice. Time to get to 335 w/o any real struggles.

Same here. Logged in yesterday and I still need to kill Atheon for the NTTE pulse rifle :D Patch in 1 hour 30 mins yeah?

Lnkn52

I haven't really been paying attention (at all) but it sounds as though this update has something to do with PoE and that Hawkmoon is getting a range buff and I like PoE and I like Hawkmoon so I declare this to be a Hawkian-friendly update.

Bungie needed to find a way to get you back to playing, obviously.

FyreWulff

oh fuck it's a zombie

Is there a new system for exotics? Like, right now if you're between 300-310, the exotic engram has a chance to be 310, and 320 if you're 310-320. Is it still the same, and to get a 330 exotic you have to be 320-330?

Lee

Is there a new system for exotics? Like, right now if you're between 300-310, the exotic engram has a chance to be 310, and 320 if you're 310-320. Is it still the same, and to get a 330 exotic you have to be 320-330?

Exotics are guaranteed to give items higher than your current light level. So if you're 320, exotic engrams will drop at 321.

This might not apply for engrams you have currently. But it might.

Shito

Hmmm, I'm liking what I'm seeing about NF or PoE allowing a path to 335 (I've always been vocal about how I never really liked KF as a raid, and I'm not really a pvp player ^^), and the 1:1 infusion system, but this patch comes at a wrong time for me, with DS3 hitting just the same day, and SF5 still taking a great part of my gaming time...
This is the first time in months I've had the desire to boot the game up again, though, so it'll probably happen at one point, but I think I'm really waiting for the paying extension at the end of the year to fully make a come back.

Still, it's nice to recognize some names in here! :D
I'm looking forward to the real family reunion later this year... ^^

Somebody on Crucible Playbook is saying that the nerf to flameshield will make it hard to be aggressive as a Warlock.

Bitch, please.

You have a melee 3x larger than mine, one that isn't a lunge like with a Hunter, still get an oversheild on hit and the melee applies a burn which denies health regen, even to supers like bladedance.

"Hard to be aggressive" Not gonna even mention Firebolts.

smh.

Top Bottom