• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LTWood12

I haven't really been paying attention (at all) but it sounds as though this update has something to do with PoE and that Hawkmoon is getting a range buff and I like PoE and I like Hawkmoon so I declare this to be a Hawkian-friendly update.

Bungie needed to find a way to get you back to playing, obviously.

oh fuck it's a zombie

Hawkian has been a strong constant in our weekly reset crew since challenge modes launched. Sometimes he doesn't use a mic. Sometimes he speaks in tongues. But he never lost that Hawk swagger or his love of adequate fusion rifles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie needed to find a way to get you back to playing, obviously.

My backlog is just silly at this point. I don't mind missing the launch frenzy for Dark Souls III, always figured I probably would, but hell I haven't even done the Bloodborne DLC yet. I think I'm relatively done with Fallout 4 at least.
TehGoomba said:
Could I jump in on this? Not done VoG in quite some time and I need the Atheon kill for my NTTE quest.
Yes, please sign up. :)
Hawkian has been a strong constant in our weekly reset crew since challenge modes launched. Sometimes he doesn't use a mic. Sometimes he speaks in tongues. But he never lost that Hawk swagger or his love of adequate fusion rifles.
that's true 8)

phen0m24

I haven't really been paying attention (at all) but it sounds as though this update has something to do with PoE and that Hawkmoon is getting a range buff and I like PoE and I like Hawkmoon so I declare this to be a Hawkian-friendly update.

So it is written

Greetings amigo

Matt Frost

Destiny 2 was delayed to next year, so Bungie said to expect another large expansion this fall. What "large" means is anyone's guess.

I heard that it is going to be bigger than The Taken King. And if what I heard is true, we are for a treat with Destiny 2 and how the story unfolds with the visitor (the little planet in front of the Tower). Cant wait for both, the true expansions (of course, they are paid xD)

Lnkn52

I heard that it is going to be bigger than The Taken King. And if what I heard is true, we are for a treat with Destiny 2 and how the story unfolds with the visitor (the little planet in front of the Tower). Cant wait for both, the true expansions (of course, they are paid xD)

Heard from who?....

Matt Frost

Heard from who?....

From a couple of sources, like some big time top players, Bungie interviews and their stockholders reunions resumes.

The september update should be huge, even bigger than The Taken King, with way more stuff to do and probably a cabal raid.

And Destiny 2
should be (what I heard, dunno if it will be what they do or not) is that the little planet used us to get rid of its enemies, and when they are weak or gone, it will come after us... but, I dont know... sounds legit but who knows.

Does anybody at Destiny GAF do Scarab runs? I suck really bad at PvP and i want the scarab emblem, i need it, my collection is incomplete :(

I don't think anyone here explicitly does Scarab runs. We have a select few here that offer to do Mercury trips every now and then, but the Scarab is a whole other ball game even with an experienced team.

Deku Tree

From a couple of sources, like some big time top players, Bungie interviews and their stockholders reunions resumes.

The september update should be huge, even bigger than The Taken King, with way more stuff to do and probably a cabal raid.

And Destiny 2
should be (what I heard, dunno if it will be what they do or not) is that the little planet used us to get rid of its enemies, and when they are weak or gone, it will come after us... but, I dont know... sounds legit but who knows.

This has all been publically speculated except what you are saying about the size of the fall 2016 expansion. It's not insider information. And it could be fan fiction.

So $60 fall 2016 expansion? Or $50?

FyreWulff

No

If you're going to make up rumors at least google the name of the Traveler

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Patrols
Kill and Collect Patrols
40 Vanguard reputation
20 reputation with your aligned Faction
Scan, Scout, VIP, and Taken patrols
50 Vanguard reputation
25 reputation with your aligned Faction
Hey that rules!

Will make getting the last 17 stupid rare sword mats I still need a little more tolerable.

Deku Tree

No

If you're going to make up rumors at least google the name of the Traveler

He is stating the old Reddit pre vanilla Destiny rumor that claimed this was where Bungie wanted to go with the story and it was pretty far into development and Activision vetoed it.

Also Matt Frost is not a native English speaker. So he may not have been making up as much as mistranslating into English.

all-over-the-world-the-very-best-of-electric-light-orchestra-51e9e179baa92.jpg
lol nice. Reason #1282 to not give a damn about ELO. At least mine was "set in stone" just over 2k, so that's something nothing.

X-Frame

He is stating the old Reddit pre vanilla Destiny rumor that claimed this was where Bungie wanted to go with the story and it was pretty far into development and Activision vetoed it.

I thought I read some recent grimoire revealed that the Traveler indeed had been fleeing from the Darkness whenever it caught up with [her], including Earth, except it decided to return and then help fight it off. I can't remember if this was in the Book of Sorrows though, or TTK grimoire. I could've sworn the Traveler got as far as the Moon then turned around to help fight.

I personally hope that the whole "Traveler is actual evil" plot doesn't come to fruition.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Has it been said what time we should expect this update to roll out?

I'm guessing around a similar time as when Iron Banner usually starts.
Yeah?

GhaleonEB

Has it been said what time we should expect this update to roll out?

I'm guessing around a similar time as when Iron Banner usually starts.
Yeah?

At 10AM PST on Tuesday April 12th, Destiny players may be asked to login again upon returning to orbit to download a patch.​
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/719666085708967936

Like most Destiny Updates, the April Update will be available for download sometime between 10AM and Noon Pacific. Tomorrow...​
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/719580002535215104

LTWood12

I'm not even sure what the point is for a website to reset it's ELO.

I could see a developer resetting it to restore search times, but for a site that is basically doing it for funsies in the first place...

Isn't that number coming from Bungie though? I imagine it's not them resetting it but Bungie.

Haha. I was so close to 2k Elo at one point. Here's to a new season boys. You still good for a reset run Friday right?

Yeah, afaik right now I should definitely be up for it. Excited for the meta changes, new emblem and new loots. Haven't heard any confirmation of what exactly the Mercury chest will be dropping, but we'll find out eventually.

Did you get a chance to look what I sent you?

Yessir! It looks amazing. I'll drop you a line back in a bit. Had lots of Trials PMs to sort through this weekend, haha.

Lee

I thought I read some recent grimoire revealed that the Traveler indeed had been fleeing from the Darkness whenever it caught up with [her], including Earth, except it decided to return and then help fight it off. I can't remember if this was in the Book of Sorrows though, or TTK grimoire. I could've sworn the Traveler got as far as the Moon then turned around to help fight.

I personally hope that the whole "Traveler is actual evil" plot doesn't come to fruition.

I like the theory that Rasputin detected the Traveler preparing to flee and hit it with everything we had. That's why the damage is on the bottom of the Traveler and all.

This card is the best evidence for that read: http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-rasputin-5#rasputin

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I'm ready
So who is ready for activities?

Wanna do NF x3
Daily
Then run PoE until I get tired...

Anybody interested?

Logged into Destiny, prompt banner popped sying Game World will be rebooted soon... Excited!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I heard that the guy with the mask is actually the bad guy. You know, the Talker.

The Talker is mysterious. I've always wondered if the Talker and the Blind Emo Lady had something secretly going on.

*** thanks for the update release time info peeps.

Top Bottom