• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Frenden

Banned
Holy shit. PSN's actually saturating my bandwidth. I'm at eighteen minutes. That can't last.

tumblr_n8kw8kpcSb1sg6cg8o1_500.gif

sono

Gold Member
Preparing to download 66% here (UK)

Sony: why do we need to prepare to download phase - just get on and download it !!!!

GhaleonEB

I feel like all future game developers who plan on going to college should take a free, mandatory class dealing with weapon balancing, only.

Reading through the sandbox update section is kinda depressing. Nerfs really outweigh horizontal balancing or buffs by a large margin, at least on initial read. From my vantage point as a PvE player, it's discouraging.

Cf29TwJUkAAx3kf.jpg:large

Mindlog

Reading through the sandbox update section is kinda depressing. Nerfs really outweigh horizontal balancing or buffs by a large margin, at least on initial read. From my vantage point as a PvE player, it's discouraging.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf29TwJUkAAx3kf.jpg:large
I was about to post the very same thing at this very instant lol.
Mind reader. Awful lot of 're' in those notes.

Even that 'increase' is part of the global nerf.
Not great.

Shito

No, the rewards can drop up to 330. The NF difficulty is 320.
Yeah, sorry, was commenting on the drops going up to 330 instead of 335 as was stated in the preview video.
Yet the weekly crucible gives 335 gear, even though it was supposed to be the pvp version of the NF...

Yeah, it always was.
First real PVE patch ever since TTK, and I can't say I'm feeling very welcomed to come back at the moment. ^^

Preparing to download 66% here (UK)

Sony: why do we need to prepare to download phase - just get on and download it !!!!
Because they need to first scan which files you already got from previous updates to know which ones you need to download.
And given the time it takes to browse them, I can only guess Bungie love using A LOT of files. :D

Cf29TwJUkAAx3kf.jpg:large

Its not just this game. The only two other games I play are Division and PvZ:GW2, and both of those are having everything neutered as well. I think Halo is the only game were weapon balance is near perfect (at least to the point where its subreddit isn't filled with nerf/buff requests/complaints).

CLBridges

Just when I was getting into the flow of the division, Destiny brings me back. I can do both but I think I'm gonna retire from ffxiv for a bit. Looking forward to playing the new strike and POE. I really need to order a new mic for my ps4 so I can team up and communicate with dgaf more.

Dez_

What's up with the 5-7 rounds on Snipers and Shotties?

Was that ever an issue?

This along with the increased time to special ammo and heavy ammo popping up once per match is their way to encourage more primary pvp battles. Not happy to see that move over PvE side, but I am curious to see how matches will play out now.

Edit: Those huge maps are out of control? Good riddance.

Frenden

Banned
I had a 1KYS roll that was middling, but might be better now, post nerf.

Viewtac SLH20
Injection Mold
Hidden Hand

The Viewtac is that new RDS scope with a relatively low zoom. Untouched by the new changes. Injection mold wasn't as good as Snapshot, but I wonder if it beats it after the nerf. Hidden Hand is just always good.

I have two other 1KYS's with Quickdraw and Shortgaze, so it'll be interesting to see what of these all is the one worth using.

Top Bottom