• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lnkn52

Some fairly generous updates here from a company who notoriously HATES player progress:
  • Legendary and Exotic drops from many sources now attempt to drop with Attack or Defense greater than your current character light level <-- RNG gonna RNG
  • Infusion will now grant 100% of the Light from the infused item
  • Reputation gains have been increased for completing Strikes
  • Eververse drops will no longer replace the normal Nightfall rewards but will be an additional reward when received
  • Increased the drop rate of armor and weapons inside the King's Fall raid for both Normal and Heroic difficulties
  • Reputation gains have been increased for completing Patrol objectives
  • Increased Legendary item drop rate for completing Crucible matches
  • Increased Reputation gains completing Crucible matches
  • Iron Banner Armor and Weapons can now be earned at Rank 0 at the end-of-activity
  • Fixed an issue where players below Rank 5 could roll a reward they were ineligible for, resulting in no reward being given
  • "His Eye Upon You" bounty may now be repeated daily with easier requirements: <---- HOLY CRAP!

Looks like Crucible is the only place getting more legendary drops. I think across the board, there need to be more drops, but Crucible was the worst, so okay. With increased faction rep & faction boosters, it should equate out.

Would also have loved to have seen reduced Armor XP requirements.

I hope these new generosity carries over to the other expansions.

shenze

Banned
319 LL, decrypted an exotic special weapon engram, got 321 Patience and Time. Also got a shader from leveling the cryptarch.

border

Are there any new standout weapons from the faction vendors? Just browsing over them, it seems like they added either Life Support or Third Eye to everything.

I logged in with my Hunter and didn't get a free sterling treasure box. Had to log off to go back to work. Not able to check if it appeared in one of my other character's postmasters.

My Hunter does have a lot of crap in the postmaster though, I'm wondering if you need a completely empty postmaster to get the free box. If so, that's dumb.

I hope these new generosity carries over to the other expansions.

I still can't believe that they're going to have a daily activity that's completion based that will reward a guaranteed legendary up to 330. For comparison, the Nightfall can only be completed once per week for a chance at a 330 legendary.

Really?

Jafku

smh. Out of all the engrams I saved up I only got 2 new exotics. Purifier Robes and ATS/8 Arachnid Hunter Helmet. RIP the dream

Daemul

Are there any new standout weapons from the faction vendors? Just browsing over them, it seems like they added either Life Support or Third Eye to everything.

I went over all the vendor weapons and didn't find anything that screamed "must buy", though that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

EDIT:Ah shit, I forgot the Vacancy. Yeah, that looks nice.

stay gold

The Vacancy (FWC Fusion) - Rangefinder, Braced Frame, Hot Swap.

The Hawksaw posted above is real nice too.

So will the over shield being able to take precision damage mean my Force Barrier just got a nerf?

Also, High ROF auto rifles getting a nerf probably means that Fabian Strategy got another nerf.

Finally, having read through the Warlock changes, I'm prepared to say they got an overall buff.

SaganIsGOAT

THAT ELAINE DANCE

OMG &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;
giphy.gif

Mindlog

My drops don't get higher than 324. Bummer.
Clearly I'm going to have to replace the Harrowed Qullim's Tremii on my alts with more Baron's Ambition.
Who is the Tier 3 CoO boss this week? If it's the Ogre and Witch I'll attempt to solo it.
I went there just to get a quick taste and it was crowded.

Top Bottom