• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

maomaoIYP

Looks like we've got a full main roster.

If anyone else wants to join, there's still spots for subs. Timing is TBC but it will most likely be on the 26/3/16 around 2000-2100 GMT. I'll keep you guys posted

That's 4am Sunday morning for me, LOL.
Can't see this happening.

So you're dropping the Division?
Not sure. It's really only a filler game for me. There's a bunch of games coming out soon plus the update. Without dedicated pvp I feel no need to play it as much as I did for Destiny. Plus no raid type missions for a couple weeks is terrible. Tho I expect more of the same in terms of mission mechanics. Can't really expect anything crazy with a world based on real life. I find division to be a bland game. It just feels....uninspired.

Anyway dropping the game is too harsh to say. It's not a bad enough game that I wont pick up to play once in awhile.

PLEASE BE RUMORED WEAPON SHADERS FOR DESTINY BE TRUE. PLZ HAPPEN.

Come play on Xbox with me!

haha yeah I'd definitely be up for that sometime. Usually I reserve my Destiny time for weekend Trials grinding but it'd be nice to switch it up if you guys play normal Crucible during the week. I'll definitely be around this week if we can find time to run another Trials card.

Feel free to do any PVE content on there when it comes out ;)

I mean.... I've been planning to only run PvP on your character since he already has almost everything I'd want for Trials. I guess once the light level goes up it'd be nice to have some infusion material so that might not be a bad idea after all....
The Jigga-creep is real

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Since I've been back 0 KF, either its too late or every1 grouped up

Seriously detesting this fucking game
Nothing interest to jump into

Even this piece of shit update is a patch up job
Jesus fuck, fix the things needing fixing for fuck sakes, yay let's keep churning the archaic RNG on RNG with a carousel RNG with a RNG numerical factor as the cherry on top

Seriously, so now let's chase 335, not say hey with this we'll be adjusting LL drops, always enticing the number to be a forward momentum
How about streamlining old content to match up so new comers and old guard get tiered in
So now anyone who hasn't participated PoE at all is at such a huge disadvantage

Jesus fuck does this company even fucking care how to deal with its own clusterfuck
Hey let's put a few bandages on that shotgun blast, I think it will stop the bleeding

Right now MOTHERFUCKING PLANTS vs ZOMBIES GARDEN WARFARE 2 is doing an amazing job of keeping up content
I shit you not
You get rewarded, no area of the game is dead
Yes the MT is a little iffy, but compared to Destiny its fulfilling an itch

I can hop in and not be held hostage by the game forcing me to seek content I missed, then get cock blocked by arduous reasons and the piss poor rewards for effort put in

This is just a fresh coat of paint that covering the shit smeared on the wall, hey let's not clean up that stuff, just overlay with a new layer
It will kill the smell and look clean and new

Salty...Salty...Salty.
mZHelbw.jpg

Kinda strange to get that mad against a video game. But whatever floats your boat.

the_id

"Expect nothing, accept everything and you will never be disappointed"

This is what I fell about the game which I've but 500 hours into.

Dez_

Ah man, I accidentally redeemed the wrong package (Dis-47) from the gunsmith. Thought this thing was hold x. Don't know what I was thinking.

I'm
kind of
excited for the April Update. Is it everything I wanted? Nowhere close. But I love this game and am glad to have something to do.

Good old Grave, haha.

I wasn't too hyped about the update so no disappointment from me. I am holding judgement until we see what the new update brings pvp side.

Other then that POE 2.0 will be good for a few months then new expansion in fall with raid and they will probably milk that with small updates like they did with TTK.

Destiny 2 in 2017 seems so far away :(

Poor Grave all those hopes and dreams smashed, he's the real victim in all this :(

Lets just play it by ear, tomorrow at some point could be viable as its good friday

Lol, wot. I've never even looked at an overwatch stream. It was probably someone thinking they're funny by posting my name for trials carries (i've unleashed a monster)

Jinjo

I'm
kind of
excited for the April Update. Is it everything I wanted? Nowhere close. But I love this game and am glad to have something to do.

Same man. Hopefully they bring some more exotic gear to chase too. Get rid of the damn 3 of Coins though. Those make Nightfalls obsolete. Updated Gjallarhorn would make this the hypest of updates lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that in there just to garner some positive response.

Either way, I'll be playing PoE in the next few weeks in order to get the Variks shaders before they disappear.

FiraB

Banned
Finally watched the update, thought it was pretty good but boy did it look easy on challenge mode. Heck I can't complain though I still have a 295 ghost shell which I'm stupidly unlucky and have never managed to land myself a taken ghost shell, hopefully this weekend that will change and I'll be set for the update.

Finally watched the update, thought it was pretty good but boy did it look easy on challenge mode. Heck I can't complain though I still have a 295 ghost shell which I'm stupidly unlucky and have never managed to land myself a taken ghost shell, hopefully this weekend that will change and I'll be set for the update.

They were all 335 LL. It won't be a cake walk right away for us like it was them.

Also, Grave, they haven't announced everything yet! We have two more streams to go. Both of them could address any number of those issues!

I'm excited for this update!

WeTeHa

Either way, I'll be playing PoE in the next few weeks in order to get the Variks shaders before they disappear.

Just a heads up because I posted about that stuff yesterday: I have no idea if the shaders/ships will disappear or not, all I know is that in the reveal stream variks did not sell them anymore. Can you get them another way? Probably. But I didn't want to take that chance.

Edit: Anybody interested in crota HM runs (x3) today? Won't be able to play over the weekend, so I'd have to do it today. To save time we can just save the deathsinger CP (or do full runs, I don't care).
Probably some time between 8 pm and 2 am CET.

1. WeTeHa
2. Auctopus

Auctopus

Just a heads up because I posted about that stuff yesterday: I have no idea if the shaders/ships will disappear or not, all I know is that in the reveal stream variks did not sell them anymore. Can you get them another way? Probably. But I didn't want to take that chance.

Edit: Anybody interested in crota HM runs (x3) today? Won't be able to play over the weekend, so I'd have to do it today. To save time we can just save the deathsinger CP (or do full runs, I don't care).
Probably some time between 8 pm and 2 am CET.

1. WeTeHa
2. Auctopus

I'm in.

Nuszka

There was a spark of hope that I would be back for this update- but on April 12th my soul will belong somewhere else. Still fighting the urge of getting the Japanese version.

Jinjo

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion from the stream yesterday. At first I was like: yes finally a less boring way to earn HoJ rep to get those shaders. And then they weren't there anymore with Variks. So I'm taking no chances. If I do all weekly PoE's I will get them. Still have 3 resets to go, that's 2400 rep.

noomi

Same but updated PoE just isn't doing it for me. Will do the new questline and maybe Challenge of the Elders just once. Then back to playing some new games.

I might pop in for a few to check it out, but I was never a fan of PoE to begin with. Any changes to that whole encounter don't really excite me.

I hate to be a pessimist, but this is just a lot of old content with a mask over it.

There was a spark of hope that I would be back for this update- but on April 12th my soul will belong somewhere else. Still fighting the urge of getting the Japanese version.

Oh Nuszka! Greater things await you in April :)

WipedOut

haha yeah I'd definitely be up for that sometime. Usually I reserve my Destiny time for weekend Trials grinding but it'd be nice to switch it up if you guys play normal Crucible during the week. I'll definitely be around this week if we can find time to run another Trials card.

I mean.... I've been planning to only run PvP on your character since he already has almost everything I'd want for Trials. I guess once the light level goes up it'd be nice to have some infusion material so that might not be a bad idea after all....
The Jigga-creep is real
Well the account is yours to do what you want, not sure when I'm buying another Xbox. Got rid of the broken one. Waiting on a spectacular deal or a must own game before I dip back in.

WeTeHa

Any staple guides on the differences between hard mode and normal. I've run normal a bunch of times, but never hard.

dunking: timer is shorter I guess, not much difference though
jumping: no halfway checkpoint
totems: major knights spawn in middle
warpriest: shorter timer till "initiate rejected", he absorbs powers from the monoliths: left = taken centurion bolt, middle = taken hobgoblin retaliation bolt, right = taken captain darkness bubble
golg: he shoots 4 orbs, random debuff "unstable light" in the puddle
jumping: nothing
sisters: timer for second sister starts immediately
oryx: light eater knights spawn across the map when you kill the ogres

dunking: timer is shorter I guess, not much difference though
jumping: no halfway checkpoint
totems: major knights spawn in middle
warpriest: shorter timer till "initiate rejected", he absorbs powers from the monoliths: left = taken centurion bolt, middle = taken hobgoblin retaliation bolt, right = taken captain darkness bubble
golg: he shoots 4 orbs, random debuff "unstable light" in the puddle
jumping: nothing
sisters: timer for second sister starts immediately
oryx: light eater knights spawn across the map when you kill the ogres

Cool, thanks!

Kor didn't mention that KF NM and HM is getting a LL difficulty bump too. I read that somewhere IIRC.

NM drops 320 loot
HM drops 330 loot

So maybe NM is LL 300 (310 at Oryx) and HM is LL 320 (330 at Oryx) or something?

What 'chu talking 'bout?

It's item number 10 and 11 on my list.

WipedOut

OT title should have been "Killed by the Salt" IMHO

I had no expectations about this update. I am going to wait and see what QOL updates, Sandbox balance, nerfs and buffs are made before making the salt real.

Changes that have to be made:
LL - Get rid of this x11-x19 infusion fodder, Bring back static numbers, allow us to infuse lower weapons to the max LL of the weapon/armor we are using as infusion fodder.

Armor Mats: Why are these still not available for purchase

Armor XP: Make this more in line with the weapons XP (How many xp or motes you have to pump in. (Better yet, get rid of XP grind and let us use the weapons and armor once we have them, Get rid of all mats, won't happen though)

Ghost and Class Items: Get rid of the LL values on these, go back to being vanity items. Keep the perks though.

Unless gjally/icebreaker makes a comeback majority of my time will be spent on other games until the fall expansion. I wasn't a big fan of PoE.

Hey destiny GAF. I rocked this at launch for a solid month with friends, got to light level 29 I think before I moved on. Looking to get a second ps4 and jump back in with taken king with wife and friends. Kinda intimidated with all the browsing I've been doing here and also thinking about the division.

Should I wait for destiny 2 or jump back on now? I don't know how the expansion system works but Taken King is uptodate right?

Also is this really the 40th OT? OMG

After watching half the stream and finally playing endgame Division content I can safely say I'm not too happy with the direction Bungie has taken Destiny.

First off, Bungie, stop stretching 15 bullet points into 4 weeks of bwu and streams. Massive laid out their entire year1 content schedule already. Just tell us what we are getting.

Good on bungie for at least tweeting no vog or CE though. Doesn't make it any less stupid that it's not coming forward. I mean how long could it take to bump LL up on vog? They bumped LL and gear LL on Kings Fall. Seems like a variable you change in the engine on an asset. What like 2 days to do?

At this point it looks like the next dlc in fall will be some ttk level or worse content. And then Destiny 2 probably has 80%+ of the dev team resources. I'm not expecting any thing now.

It's like I only post in here to rant now. Forgive me DGAF.

Not this part: NM and HM are both getting a LL difficulty bump.

Ahh. That makes more sense.

Also, I'm surprised so many of you guys are so upset by this update. I tend to be pretty judgmental for this stuff, but so far everything has been hitting the right spots.

While I don't agree with spreading out information over 3 weeks, a lot of you guys seem to be getting upset over things that haven't been talked about yet.

I've realized that as of this update, end game content will be accessible in the best way.

A small group PvE method (PoE)
A large group PvE method (Raid)
A small group PvP method (Trials)
A large group PvP method (Iron Banner)

As far as I'm concerned, there should always be these 4 segments of the game to obtain end game items. I'd argue Iron Banner needs to be a bit more consistent, to be more comparable to the Raid, but even just once every 3 weeks, instead of every 4-5 would be nice.

Top Bottom