• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lnkn52

Will iron banner/trials even drop end game armour as it is you need a miracle to get anything above 310

Why do they do this to the community. We have to wait another whole week before we get anymore news. Why cant they set up a back to back twitch streams relaying all this new content.

This just makes the community more toxic since we live in a world where we want our information NOW.

WipedOut

Why do they do this to the community. We have to wait another whole week before we get anymore news. Why cant they set up a back to back twitch streams relaying all this new content.

This just makes the community more toxic since we live in a world where we want our information NOW.

Because they are clueless or arrogant, either one is as bad as the other.

X-Frame

Is this Nightfall solo-able? Just curious. Seems like a high-impact Scout will do work, something like a Jade Rabbit/Cocytus. Or No Time To Explain.

WeTeHa

Anybody interested in crota HM runs (x3) today? Won't be able to play over the weekend, so I'd have to do it today. To save time we can just save the deathsinger CP (or do full runs, I don't care).
Probably some time between 8 pm and 2 am CET.

1. WeTeHa
2. Auctopus
3. Der_Pate
4. Light_Knight_Sky

repost for new page :O
Edit: to maybe get a couple more people on board: I just solo'd the abyss and bridge to get the deathsinger checkpoint, so we only have to kill deathsinger and crota x3!

Is this Nightfall solo-able? Just curious. Seems like a high-impact Scout will do work, something like a Jade Rabbit/Cocytus. Or No Time To Explain.

Definitely yes.

Deku Tree

Ahh. That makes more sense.

Also, I'm surprised so many of you guys are so upset by this update. I tend to be pretty judgmental for this stuff, but so far everything has been hitting the right spots.

While I don't agree with spreading out information over 3 weeks, a lot of you guys seem to be getting upset over things that haven't been talked about yet.

I've realized that as of this update, end game content will be accessible in the best way.

A small group PvE method (PoE)
A large group PvE method (Raid)
A small group PvP method (Trials)
A large group PvP method (Iron Banner)

As far as I'm concerned, there should always be these 4 segments of the game to obtain end game items. I'd argue Iron Banner needs to be a bit more consistent, to be more comparable to the Raid, but even just once every 3 weeks, instead of every 4-5 would be nice.

I'm not upset. I'm bored with the game. I'm a PvE player and the PoE slight refresh is not doing it for me. All the content on your list is very stale. And I think all of the PoE difficulty levels need MM. They look really easy.

So now I play other games.

WipedOut

I'm not upset. I'm bored with the game. I'm a PvE player and the PoE slight refresh is not doing it for me. All the content on your list is very stale. And I think all of the PoE difficulty levels need MM. They look really easy.

So now I play other games.

I'm trying that now, I finally hit the wall with Destiny. (AKA, my socks are full)

I'm OK with this update. Maybe they're focusing their efforts on updating their tools and/or Destiny 2. I just really hope there are new PvP maps and custom games. Is that too much to ask?

snip endgame Division content I can safely say I'm not too happy with the direction Bungie has taken Destiny. Snip

End game division content? Running the same missions over and over to try to get Phoenix Creds?

I mean there are no mechanics in any of those missions do far. Once you have a piece of HE gear you're semi satisfied with for each slot, there's nothing left.

WipedOut

End game division content? Running the same missions over and over to try to get Phoenix Creds?

I mean there are no mechanics in any of those missions do far. Once you have a piece of HE gear you're semi satisfied with for each slot, there's nothing left.

I'm just hitting up the missions once a day now. I only have two HE armor pieces so I have a way to go. I'm not going in all autsy in this game like I did with Destiny.

Unless IB comes back next week I'm taking a hiatus from the game. Just not having as much fun as I used to and it's mostly due to grinding 3 new alts on a new console.

Also I have nothing left to chase, Trials done, all challenges done, most exotics acquired. I don't feel like doing the gunsmith and remaining quest exotics at this time.

E92 M3

Since I've been back 0 KF, either its too late or every1 grouped up

Seriously detesting this fucking game
Nothing interest to jump into

Even this piece of shit update is a patch up job
Jesus fuck, fix the things needing fixing for fuck sakes, yay let's keep churning the archaic RNG on RNG with a carousel RNG with a RNG numerical factor as the cherry on top

Seriously, so now let's chase 335, not say hey with this we'll be adjusting LL drops, always enticing the number to be a forward momentum
How about streamlining old content to match up so new comers and old guard get tiered in
So now anyone who hasn't participated PoE at all is at such a huge disadvantage

Jesus fuck does this company even fucking care how to deal with its own clusterfuck
Hey let's put a few bandages on that shotgun blast, I think it will stop the bleeding

Right now MOTHERFUCKING PLANTS vs ZOMBIES GARDEN WARFARE 2 is doing an amazing job of keeping up content
I shit you not
You get rewarded, no area of the game is dead
Yes the MT is a little iffy, but compared to Destiny its fulfilling an itch

I can hop in and not be held hostage by the game forcing me to seek content I missed, then get cock blocked by arduous reasons and the piss poor rewards for effort put in

This is just a fresh coat of paint that covering the shit smeared on the wall, hey let's not clean up that stuff, just overlay with a new layer
It will kill the smell and look clean and new

Driz put a lot of work into your account, try to at least do 1 KF :)

Homeboyd

I'm trying that now, I finally hit the wall with Destiny. (AKA, my socks are full)
Unless IB comes back next week I'm taking a hiatus from the game. Just not having as much fun as I used to and it's mostly due to grinding 3 new alts on a new console.
Putting ~2000 hours into a game will do that to you. I'd chalk that up as a win for your wallet and for the game keeping you occupied for that long.

Hey destiny GAF. I rocked this at launch for a solid month with friends, got to light level 29 I think before I moved on. Looking to get a second ps4 and jump back in with taken king with wife and friends. Kinda intimidated with all the browsing I've been doing here and also thinking about the division.

Should I wait for destiny 2 or jump back on now? I don't know how the expansion system works but Taken King is uptodate right?

Also is this really the 40th OT? OMG

please take the comments in the OT (yes, this is the 40th OT) ^_^ with a grain of salt...
see what I did there? lol
this community is devoted to this game, and have literally thousands of hours played. If you're looking for a great shooting game with friends, you've found the right place. I can't comment on the Division, as I've not purchased it, but after playing the closed beta, I didn't bother playing the open beta. *shrug*
the complaints that you see here are the complaints of those who have nothing else left to do in the game for the most part, and just play for min/max'ing, and know so much about the game, that they probably know more than the playtesters/live team do and are frustrated with the current state of various aspects of the game.
it's definitely worth playing, especially considering you haven't experienced the Dark Below, or House of Wolves content.

phen0m24

I have come up with a new weapon for Luke to consider. Hear me out, Bungie overlords.

GjallarTHORN

It fires dark dart projectiles that lock on to targets and apply 10 seconds of 9 DoT damage.

Soooooooo not OP Bungie please buff

Where Mah Breezy at?????

I have come up with a new weapon for Luke to consider. Hear me out, Bungie overlords.

GjallarTHORN

It fires dark dart projectiles that lock on to targets and apply 10 seconds of 9 DoT damage.

Soooooooo not OP Bungie please buff

Where Mah Breezy at?????

I just really really want a rocket launcher that is all about shit damage, but crazy push.

Like, hitting a target head on wouldn't kill it, but instead cause it to launch backwards either off the map, or into a wall for a collision death.

Axoman

haha yeah I'd definitely be up for that sometime. Usually I reserve my Destiny time for weekend Trials grinding but it'd be nice to switch it up if you guys play normal Crucible during the week. I'll definitely be around this week if we can find time to run another Trials card.

Yeah, if you want to play some chill crucible during the week, I'm normally on most evenings after kids go to bed and I spend some time with the wife. Lately, I've been the only one on my friends list playing Destiny. Most of the time I'm just playing a few matches in the daily crucible playlist as that seems to have the highest population for quick matchmaking.

I don't know of my availability this weekend, as I'm most likely going to be out of town for Easter weekend. We need to grab DMH and give it another go for Mercury, I think we could make it (we should have made it last week, we should have beat those two teams we lost to).

In terms of the update, do we know for sure if they are still going to be ranged drops? I checked the info page on bungie.net and it says "Kingsfall Normal drops increased to light level 320. Kingsfall Hard drops increased to light level 330. Court of Oryx Artifact Drops increased to light level 335."

Doesn't say drops "up to."

I'm just hitting up the missions once a day now. I only have two HE armor pieces so I have a way to go. I'm not going in all autsy in this game like I did with Destiny.

Also I have nothing left to chase, Trials done, all challenges done, most exotics acquired. I don't feel like doing the gunsmith and remaining quest exotics at this time.

There's always practicing and improving in PvP, at least. That's all I've been doing in Destiny for at least 2 months now. With Division, there isn't dedicated PvP so it's obvious it wouldn't have that hold. We always had PvP to hold us over content drought. The problem is with Destiny, imo, 6s isn't fun anymore. 3s can be meh too with bad connections/lag.

Personally, the biggest issue I have with the update is them upping the light values in KF. I kind of don't want to play KF anymore lol

Especially now that HM will drop 330 stuff...

Rewards for doing the Sigil high score and cumulative score are NOT guaranteed 335 light.

https://twitter.com/negabyte35/status/712757479856148480

Whoever decided that the reward on stream demonstration should be 335 is an idiot. Totally sets the wrong expectation. Seriously the whole PR plan for this April update is incredibly obtuse.

This is the worst goddamned part of Year 2. Ulgh. RNG on RNG on RNG. Non guaranteed rewards.

Remember fun for fun's sake, Bungie?

Bungie games didn't use to have grind, but my God in heaven, they seem terrified of a game without it.

The problem with Destiny is Bungie.

Deku Tree

Rewards for doing the Sigil high score and cumulative score are NOT guaranteed 335 light.

Whoever decided that the reward on stream demonstration should be 335 is an idiot. Totally sets the wrong expectation. Seriously the whole PR plan for this April update is incredibly obtuse.

Yeah not interested in that at all lol. So tiring. Other games. Other things to do for fun.

Personally, the biggest issue I have with the update is them upping the light values in KF. I kind of don't want to play KF anymore lol

Especially now that HM will drop 330 stuff...

It seems extremely lazy to me. That shows they could have easily upped the min values of normal and hard but no, they left it 300 and 310.

I dont have any desire to replay those raids unless the weapons were reworked or new weapons can drop. Something different other than, "Here's the same shit weapons but with higher light!"

I'll also be upset if we get no new PvP maps. Without that, I don't know if I can be really care about things like subclass changes and new weapons/gear. All year 2 maps are made for Rift and shouldn't be for other modes. Trials needs some new maps dangit

The dude sitting with Deej said "Up to 335" light several times during the stream. I didn't realize this was considered unknown.

Honestly, I was more concerned with what the min LL can be for these items.

Deku Tree

Destiny is like my old Comcast internet that was called "up to" 100 Mbps, yeah I never got that.

The dude sitting with Deej said "Up to 335" light several times during the stream. I didn't realize this was considered unknown.

I didn't listen to the stream, and I didn't see any "up to" remark in your summary, or read it in any articles. Funny that they had forced 335 LL drops on stream.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm currently at post-The Dark Below HM levels of engagement with this game, i.e., zero.

PoE was my least favorite part of any of the expansions. Loathed it. And chasing arbitrary LL's when I don't feel like a badass once I'm a higher level than enemies isn't remotely satisfying.

So, yeah. At this point my only compulsion to play this game is to get the new loot and items just in case I might regret not picking them up. There's nothing fun about grinding for stuff that might be worth picking up. At that point it's a chore and I move on to more enjoyable games.

Ugh.

The fact that they didnt drop this RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG bullshit makes me think that they are not listening to the community AT ALL.

E92 M3

Ugh.

The fact that they didnt drop this RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG bullshit makes me think that they are not listening to the community AT ALL.

They don't have the resources to make any drastic changes. This update is barely getting put together. All efforts are on the future lol.

LTWood12

That was very easy to miss, and the demonstration showing:

A: All 3 participants at maxed 335 overall light
B. The reward being a 335 light weapon

gave the impression to me that it was guaranteed. It's conflicting messaging. Bad communication.

It seems extremely lazy to me. That shows they could have easily upped the min values of normal and hard but no, they left it 300 and 310.

I dont have any desire to replay those raids unless the weapons were reworked or new weapons can drop. Something different other than, "Here's the same shit weapons but with higher light!"

I'll also be upset if we get no new PvP maps. Without that, I don't know if I can be really care about things like subclass changes and new weapons/gear. All year 2 maps are made for Rift and shouldn't be for other modes. Trials needs some new maps dangit

I'll probably just to the CM 3X each week and the new PoE stuff. There's no way I can convince my old raid buddies to run KF full 3X again.

Deku Tree

That was very easy to miss, and the demonstration showing:

A: All 3 participants at maxed 335 overall light
B. The reward being a 335 light weapon

gave the impression to me that it was guaranteed. It's conflicting messaging. Bad communication.

They should have showed one guy getting a 335 drop and his friend getting a 310 drop, and asked both players how they felt about it.

LTWood12

They should have showed one guy getting a 335 drop and his friend getting a 310 drop, and asked both players how they felt about it.

There's going to be so many 320/321 drops on that first day. So much salt.

Praying that at least the sniper rifle (being cool looking, good archetype, good perks) is a sign that the loot will at least be good.

I'm actually excited about the new quest and strike and the Prison of Elder stuff.

Looks great!

What sucks is that I can't play just how much I want to for fun. No. If I want to continue to stay at light cap, then I have to GRIND these things to get to 330/335/whatever. And since King's Fall will give 330 and Court of Oryx will give 335 artifacts, there's no way that drop rates will be enjoyable.

I played fucktons of Halo and never complained about "content" or "rewards" because it was just fun. I didn't need weekly lockouts or gear scores or RNG.

Does Bungie consider the reward system at all rewarding? I guess we'll get more details next week in the "What You'll Earn (and Pay for)" twitch stream.

If Bungie is fine with us playing other games, then why do they make it impossible to hit the goals we want before we leave?

What I was really hoping was that this update was going to be a slight course correction to the Light System before a total reboot this fall. But no. This is incredibly demoralizing.

Ugh.

They don't have the resources to make any drastic changes. This update is barely getting put together. All efforts are on the future lol.

I disagree.

I mean I bet this game has millions of lines of code, but I bet they didn't make it hard coded everywhere or really hard to modify (that'd be bad programming practice and I highly doubt this game has those).

Like there's a range function which is probably just a random number.

C++ it's:

// Normal KF, Random value between 300 and 310.
LightRNGValue = rand() % 11 + 300;

Just change that to LightRNGValue =310 if you want guaranteed. Just like challenge mode gives. Or up the range so it only gives 305-310 instead of 300-310.

A 2nd semester programming student can make these changes so that part takes 0 work.

To use their tools and make a production ready patch however, seems to take the longest time.

Ugh.

Slow down, we don't know how many RNG layers there are right now.

The weapons from CoE could have set perks, or at least 1 set perk like how Cocoon is on all the Raid gear.

when it rains...
MortonSalt_Logo.jpg

I concur, they should have had a variety of LL drops, because you know that there will be some people expecting 335 drops across the board because, well, people.

I'm actually excited about the new quest and strike and the Prison of Elder stuff.

Looks great!

What sucks is that I can't play just how much I want to for fun. No. If I want to continue to stay at light cap, then I have to GRIND these things to get to 330/335/whatever. And since King's Fall will give 330 and Court of Oryx will give 335 artifacts, there's no way that drop rates will be enjoyable.

I played fucktons of Halo and never complained about "content" or "rewards" because it was just fun. I didn't need weekly lockouts or gear scores or RNG.

Does Bungie consider the reward system at all rewarding? I guess we'll get more details next week in the "What You'll Earn (and Pay for)" twitch stream.

If Bungie is fine with us playing other games, then why do they make it impossible to hit the goals we want before we leave?

What I was really hoping was that this update was going to be a slight course correction to the Light System before a total reboot this fall. But no. This is incredibly demoralizing.

I still think it's worth waiting before getting to emotional about some of this.

Bungie has to know that the current Light Level and/or Infusion system is considered garbage by the entire playerbase.

I'll give them a chance to address it next week before I get discouraged.

I'm not wrong in thinking that rift is the most POS crucible mode right?

Thank god I finished my quest.

Rift sucks unless you're going in with a full team.

I'm of the opinion that Rift needs to be thrown into an "Objective" playlist where players don't know exactly what mode they're getting into.

Games just have a chance of being Control, Rift, or Zones.

Honestly, I think Iron Banner needs to do this, too. Except you can throw Clash in there as well.

The perfect Iron Banner would be

23% chance to play Clash
23% chance to play Control
23% chance to play Zones
23% chance to play Rift
8% chance to play Mayhem

Top Bottom