• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

So many 5-4 losses today. Man these hurt so much.

First card they were both 5-4 but last card they were both 5-3. They were all so close that it's basically the same difference anyway. I probably need to take another break from Trials help, games like tonight just take too much out of me.

the_id

Thanks for the Trials cards Igor and Drizz. I realise I'm not ready for those 8 and 9 wins yet and getting chalked up is my greatest weakness. Need to work on that. Playing with you guys is more like going training and listening to Drizz critique my play style has been really helpful. Only wish I could record it.

Need to get better and hope to play with you guys again.

Dthomp

Got any openings? Psn: rcmDez

Edit: This First Curse crucible quest is awful. I can barely make kills with this hand cannon, much less trying to get 7 headshot kills with it.

If you don't complete it by next week I'd be willing to team up with another gaffer and you to farm this in whichever classic 6 on 6 free for all works cause I need this quest as well.

I know it's hard to but try to not sweat it too much.

Playing for long consecutive hours takes a toll, especially when it's the same map everytime. Breaks are definitely needed.

Dez_

If you don't complete it by next week I'd be willing to team up with another gaffer and you to farm this in whichever classic 6 on 6 free for all works cause I need this quest as well.
That actually sounds pretty good. I tried clash, control and rumble, but the most I can get are 3 precision kills a match. That low stability is killing me. A lot.

Don't know when you're available, but I'm free tomorrow if that works.

I watched Murdaro and he does that shit all the time. I got way more respect for krafty.

Using the bridge is stupid, its bad enough you have to watch a million and one snipe lines without having to keep an eye on two cheese spots as well

Speaking of Krafty, I was watching Ngthly last night and he said everytime he matches him he boots to orbit giving them the free win, as why would he beat him when he's carrying which I thought was really cool/nice, Hovey does the same as well

Dthomp

That actually sounds pretty good. I tried clash, control and rumble, but the most I can get are 3 precision kills a match. That low stability is killing me. A lot.

Don't know when you're available, but I'm free tomorrow if that works.

Possibly, not sure I'll be around much the next 2 days but you never know. PSN is Dthomp so you can send me a FR if you like. Maybe somebody else also needs this and we can trio it to a corner and murder eachother

Using the bridge is stupid, its bad enough you have to watch a million and one snipe lines without having to keep an eye on two cheese spots as well

Speaking of Krafty, I was watching Ngthly last night and he said everytime he matches him he boots to orbit giving them the free win, as why would he beat him when he's carrying which I thought was really cool/nice, Hovey does the same as well

Damn that's pretty nice of them. I mean they're all top tier players so they aren't worried but that's super respectful of them knowing Kraftyy does the double carries.

Dez_

Possibly, not sure I'll be around much the next 2 days but you never know. PSN is Dthomp so you can send me a FR if you like. Maybe somebody else also needs this and we can trio it to a corner and murder eachother
Sounds good. I'm usually open in the evenings pacific time. I sent you an invite. Psn is rcmDez.

Thanks for the Trials cards Igor and Drizz. I realise I'm not ready for those 8 and 9 wins yet and getting chalked up is my greatest weakness. Need to work on that. Playing with you guys is more like going training and listening to Drizz critique my play style has been really helpful. Only wish I could record it.

Need to get better and hope to play with you guys again.

Yeah, GGs man! You definitely got thrown into the deep end of the year 2 Trials MM. Most of the early games were easy street, but once we hit 5+ wins it got real and then 7+ is often super laggy and/or sweaty teams. That last team on our first card was some of the worst I've ever seen, their whole team was teleporting around my screen. Those other three games were classic Trials heart-breakers where the smallest thing could have titled the result in our favor.

You were definitely picking up a lot of the advice and starting to get a feel for how to support your team. One of the biggest issues for newer players in Trials is the "panic factor" and experience is the only remedy for that. Like you said, those were the furthest cards you'd ever run so it's natural to feel some tension. But the more sweaty games you play, the more comfortable you'll feel in those situations. My advice can only go so far since every game and every team is different. Eventually you'll internalize good behaviors and be able to play freely instead of thinking/worrying too much.

Play with other people, especially teams where there isn't someone making all the call outs so you're forced to make more decisions and plays yourself. Talk about strategy, keep communicating a lot and think about a playstyle that fits your personality. If you don't like sniping, then running a shotgun-Sunsinger can be really strong for pushing hard on picks and denying revives. Firebolt, slap and shotgun the hell out of everyone in those close quarter battles.

There's nothing I hate more than getting someone that close without closing the deal, so ideally I'd love to run another card sometime. I'll feel better tomorrow but right now I'm super burned out and may need to take a little time off again. Whether it's sooner or later we can absolutely run some more games and hopefully get you over that last hump.

Fear factor is the biggest thing, whenI started playing trials I was always torn between playing my own (bad) game or just blindly following people about, usually resulting in being an orb which doesn't help anyone

Ionic Blink v Golden Gun

cd94db426af0339e3e16eeb4c5814f34.gif

I also had an amazing Landfall on Optimus, Light and Nothus when they were camping the top room in Asylum and got them from the other side of the door but, it never saved

Playing with 2 LFGers and 1 guy is taking Igor to another level. Not only is he yawning constantly, but he's using NLB since he's been to Merc 3x this week -_-

Then, he said this team we're facing only has 1 good guy since they had 2 people @ around 1.01kd and only 1 good guy @ around 1.5kd and I told him nah they're good too, you can't underestimate just from KD....... and we lost 1-5.

Either people judge solely on ELO or solely on KD, the number they see. It's like < 1200 and > 1700 you can pretty much tell. But in between, you can't judge that hardly at all. Also have to take into account Year 2 and this week stats when you hover over their KD.

Playing with 2 LFGers and 1 guy is taking Igor to another level. Not only is he yawning constantly, but he's using NLB since he's been to Merc 3x this week -_-

Then, he said this team we're facing only has 1 good guy since they had 2 people ~ 1.01kd and ` ~ 1.5kd and I told him nah they're good too, you can't underestimate just from KD and we lost 1-5.

You have some balls playing Trials with LFGers ;)

To make matters worse, all 5 of my videos of cool shit didn't take the last 30 seconds. It started like 15 seconds before that and took that instead. So from 45-15 seconds before instead of going to 0 where all the cool stuff happened. Damn you XBOX

What's the nightstalker shadestep for default controls?

It's double tap Circle (ps4) / B (Xb1) for Bumper Jumper and I don't like it there!

This one guy that grabbed me was pretty good but his callouts were terrible.

Him: "he's sniping me from the back" me: what's back?
Him: "got him by the bridge. " me: "by their spawn, left, middle or right, top or bottom of bridge?"
Him: "damnit he got me from the rock" me: "what rock?"

I'm way too addicted right now. I just want revenge everytime. We lost semi final boss and it was 345am and I wanted to find yet another group. I briefly looked then said no, I need to go to bed. But this competitive stuff really gets to me because I'm way too competitive and I hate losing. I hate it no matter how it is. Losing to a really great team 0-5 or 1-5 sucks and it's not as bad as losing 4-5, but I still hate it because I feel like I could have done something different to give us a better chance as a team. And even in games we win or are close there are many times I know I could have done better or did thks move instead of that.

That's the fun part about trials, it's like a chess match but with only different pieces against different pieces each match. When you play with good people and have good chemistry, you basically have a Queen, rook and a bishop.

I'll definitely run a couple more cards tomorrow to try to seek revenge.

I've also come to the conclusion that Drizz lives near Kraftyy. I mean it's no coincidence I've been matching against lupo 3x now. Drizz got Kraftyy 4x now I think.

This one guy that grabbed me was pretty good but his callouts were terrible.

Him: "he's sniping me from the back" me: what's back?
Him: "got him by the bridge. " me: "by their spawn, left, middle or right, top or bottom of bridge?"
Him: "damnit he got me from the rock" me: "what rock?"

I'm way too addicted right now. I just want revenge everytime. We lost semi final boss and it was 345am and I wanted to find yet another group. I briefly looked then said no, I need to go to bed. But this competitive stuff really gets to me because I'm way too competitive and I hate losing. I hate it no matter how it is. Losing to a really great team 0-5 or 1-5 sucks and it's not as bad as losing 4-5, but I still hate it because I feel like I could have done something different to give us a better chance as a team. And even in games we win or are close there are many times I know I could have done better or did thks move instead of that.

That's the fun part about trials, it's like a chess match but with only different pieces against different pieces each match. When you play with good people and have good chemistry, you basically have a Queen, rook and a bishop.

I'll definitely run a couple more cards tomorrow to try to seek revenge.

I've also come to the conclusion that Drizz lives near Kraftyy. I mean it's no coincidence I've been matching against lupo 3x now. Drizz got Kraftyy 4x now I think.

Kraftyy is in Idaho and Drizz is in Indiana, not very close at all, player pool is thin.

edit: ^ yeah Dan is correct on the geography there. Match making is just random luck. Sometimes you hit the scrub jackpot, other times it's pro-mode-bust.

There's a good reason Krafty is the most popular Trials streamer. You have to be good enough to double carry since watching two pros single carry is boring 95% of the time. Blade is also a fast and fun subclass to watch without cheesy stuff like shadestep i-frames+glitches or firebolts+melee overshields.

He never t-bags or spams goofy emotes or abuses dumb stuff like jumping on the top bridge kill zone. The worst you could say is he uses Icebreaker/sidearms for special ammo but practically everyone does that. That's on Bungie for the poorly thought out special ammo nerf. He's earned all his success for carrying so many people so hard for so long.

And it made me appreciate folks like Drizz who can jump in and perform no matter their enemies, and, lol, no matter their teammates..

Speaking of Krafty, he inspired me to play with anyone. I used to only be willing to play with experienced folks but there are so many people looking for help I had to get over it. It's more important to at least try helping even if it doesn't always work out since I'm nowhere near his skill level. It also forces me out of my comfort zone which helps me improve, instead of only cruising with good players.

And I'll definitely be up for finishing that card tomorrow, whether or not I do more full runs.

Fear factor is the biggest thing, whenI started playing trials I was always torn between playing my own (bad) game or just blindly following people about, usually resulting in being an orb which doesn't help anyone

Yeah, exactly. It's really hard to find that balance between being with teammates but not so close that you're bumping into them and not watching any other angles. Knowing when to be passive (and how not to get picked), then when to switch on the aggression to rush people down is a huge part of Trials. It's so crucial to have everyone contributing when you need to deny revives to finish off a round.

Yay Birthday. Going to spend it
not
playing Destiny!

Yooo, happy b-day Mr. Oak! Hope you have a great
lag-free
day!

Damnit. Lost to DrLupo again this time at Final Boss with no mercy. At least I got Ninja a few times, but yea I played like ass.

Ninja went on both Cheese spot and on top of bridge, though, like is that necessary? :/ But the motto of Destiny is do whatever you can (in game) to win. [not messing with connections, obviously]

Ugh, that's so annoying. Frontier is a tough map on its own. Having additional cheese spots takes the cake.

Damnit. Lost to DrLupo again this time at Final Boss with no mercy. At least I got Ninja a few times, but yea I played like ass.

Ninja went on both Cheese spot and on top of bridge, though, like is that necessary? :/ But the motto of Destiny is do whatever you can (in game) to win. [not messing with connections, obviously]
It's sad that a super pro player has to win games by using super dumb cheese spots, I mean I sometimes go on top of the bridge, but only in the heavy round and it usually doesn't work so I'll probably stop doing that from now on, I don't really see the advantage of the bridge since you can only be there for 5 seconds, but the ledge needs to be fixed soon.

First card they were both 5-4 but last card they were both 5-3. They were all so close that it's basically the same difference anyway. I probably need to take another break from Trials help, games like tonight just take too much out of me.

Its an interesting double edged sword. Just as that moment with fox is one of the greatest moments this game will ever offer, losing a super close game at 8-0 and no mercy (like fox's was) is one of the worst feelings this game can offer as well. It can take way too much out of you.

Its an interesting double edged sword. Just as that moment with fox is one of the greatest moments this game will ever offer, losing a super close game at 8-0 and no mercy (like fox's was) is one of the worst feelings this game can offer as well. It can take way too much out of you.

You and Drizz around for a run right now? I have about 4 hours to play

Laffer

So...
I've been playing Destiny for about 6 months and I'm addicted. My goal is to collect all the trophies in the PS4 version.

So far I have not been able to participate in any Raid. As always, GAF is here to help, with the Weekly Newbie Raids. I can only play on Sundays and these are held on Sundays every 4 weeks.

Do you guys know when it's the next Sunday that will have Newbie Raids so I can join?

THANK YOU! :)

So...
I've been playing Destiny for about 6 months and I'm addicted. My goal is to collect all the trophies in the PS4 version.

So far I have not been able to participate in any Raid. As always, GAF is here to help, with the Weekly Newbie Raids. I can only play on Sundays and these are held on Sundays every 4 weeks.

Do you guys know when it's the next Sunday that will have Newbie Raids so I can join?

THANK YOU! :)

I'm in the same boat. I've gotten addicted to destiny over the last while but I haven't had a chance to try the raids yet. If there's a beginner-friendly run going on I'd love to join.

Devil

Hi Destiny-GAF!

I've been away since vanilla and tried to get back in just yesterday with the complete TTK package. And I'm a little confused. I knew about the light level change etc, but most of the other stuff is new to me, while I also forgot a lot from vanilla. Also note that I actually am one of those who played like 75% versus MP and 25% all the rest.

I'm not playing the english version of the game so bare with me when I use different terms, I'll try to make myself clear.

1. Sooo. Where are the dailies again? Those on the bottom-left? Because I have one "Search" active which requires to do a Crucible (?, versus MP) daily and I did a few games from the bottom-left playlist and I got no further with that Search. Can't find anything else. I win those legendary marks through the dailies only, right?

2. Also, in what order should I be doing all those DLC missions? Are they easily found through the galaxy map? I think there was one DLC mission on some planet which wasn't highlighted at all, looked as if I had done it already, which I haven't. Can I do most of them alone (except strikes etc which pair me up with others automatically) at Level 30 / Light ~145?

3. My year 1 gear seems to be worthless now, is it so? What shall I do with that stuff? I think I saw some exotic weapon at a vendor which had like double the damage my weapon (fully upgraded) of the same kind had... I don't get it. I loved my Ice Breaker, should I go and scrap it for parts if I get the chance to get the year 2 Ice Breaker for example?

4. There also seem to be a lot new resource items I won't list now.. What are the most important ones, what has changed?

5. The Addon would added new subclasses, yeah? When and how will I get access to them?

6. Any tips on what weapons to buy / save for? I don't know which ones are popular at the moment. Especially for versus, but also for strikes and missions (I don't do raids).

7. I'm sure I forgot something, so feel free to tell me what else I should know.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer =)

WeTeHa

Anyone want to do a fresh Kings Fall HM from beginning to end?

I still need to experience this, someday...

I can join for this as well, though I won't be able to play until after the weekly reset, as I'm visiting family over easter. Can also run PoE 32+ with you.

just shoot me a message when you see me online and need a body.

LTWood12

I can join for this as well, though I won't be able to play until after the weekly reset, as I'm visiting family over easter. Can also run PoE 32+ with you.

just shoot me a message when you see me online and need a body.

You are a good dude. Glad you're so active in this community now.

Top Bottom