• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Guess I'll log on *yawn*

Too bad I can't kill ji66a and steal his loot in this game
wtzgU.gif

GGs John! Hold onto that 7-0 card and hopefully we can find time to finish it off before reset. Not so much for crappy Mercury loot but just for practice (hopefully) beating teams at the end of a card.

The silver lining of that game we lost 5-4 is that not one but two of the enemies sent me GG messages, lol. Honestly I get more nice messages than hate mail. Been awhile since I got any fun salty messages.

edit: if there's anyone around that wants to play Trials I think me and Igor are up for another run in a bit here.

I thought I got a salt message, but it a nice message 😖

"How do I practice sniping? Good shit man."

make a friend

tell him to give up any hopes of sniping and to pick up the Thorn

I'm joking don't tell him that but teach him the ways of the 360 no scope

the_id

GGs John! Hold onto that 7-0 card and hopefully we can find time to finish it off before reset. Not so much for crappy Mercury loot but just for practice (hopefully) beating teams at the end of a card.

The silver lining of that game we lost 5-4 is that not one but two of the enemies sent me GG messages, lol. Honestly I get more nice messages than hate mail. Been awhile since I got any fun salty messages.

edit: if there's anyone around that wants to play Trials I think me and Igor are up for another run in a bit here.
I'd like to join if you. I'm terrible though but it'll be good to get some experience with top tier players.

I'd love a Mercury carry sometime just for some better gear to get me above 300...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think id is due for a mercury run.

I'll be up for IB practice in a little bit.

Trails with Mace is always sweaty. More sweaty than Stable, General, Wicked, etc, combined.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So I'm back in the game after a loooong hiatus , why am I not earning any legendary marks for my faction gear?

How can I bring my exotics and legendaries up in level from year one? As it stands some rares have more armor than my freaking exotics!

So I'm back in the game after a loooong hiatus , why am I not earning any legendary marks for my faction gear?

How can I bring my exotics and legendaries up in level from year one? As it stands some rares have more armor than my freaking exotics!
Y1 legendaries will remain Y1, there is no way to being them forward and the only way to get a Y2 version of an exotic is to buy it from Xur, nightfalls, Kings fall, or three of coins (which you buy from Xur).

I thought I got a salt message, but it a nice message 😖

"How do I practice sniping? Good shit man."

Heh. I got a so and so salty message from one of my own team mates this week. Apparentely i was stealing all is kils.
Next game (this was on elimination) i got paired against him, and i got wrecked (and teabaged). Got a few gloating messages. Wished him a good easter, and then he sent me a friends request.

Go figure.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Y1 legendaries will remain Y1, there is no way to being them forward and the only way to get a Y2 version of an exotic is to buy it from Xur, nightfalls, Kings fall, or three of coins (which you buy from Xur).

Wow, that's fucking bullshit. So all my exotics are basically useless ?

Trials MM had that Year 1 feel tonight with Drizz, Igor & Me: played 1/2 a card where every match was sweaty. Played the next card to 7 wins and it was a cake walk.

Trials MM had that Year 2 feel tonight with Drizz, Igor & Me: plenty of red bars and laggy shots on green bars.

Trials had that all time Destiny feel tonight with Drizz, Igor & Me: getting screwed by sprint cool down.

This was the first card in 2 months I've played with someone other than Igor & Ape as my teammates. I really took for granted how big an impact playing with the same two folks every week makes. (It's a lot easier as a weaker player to contribute when you have fewer variables, including friendly variables.) Drizz's advice to me last year after my first Mercury carry was to find a consist my team if I want to get succeed. Too true.

Really made me appreciate having a steady team in Year 2. And it made me appreciate folks like Drizz who can jump in and perform no matter their enemies, and, lol, no matter their teammates.

I do want to try to finish it out with y'all two, Igor & Drizz. My card is 7 wins, mercy intact, shouldn't take more than 30-45 min. But even if it doesn't work out, I've been to Mercury enough times that while the Lighthouse remains magical, it's more about the journey getting there. (I don't need any loot. I just like visiting the Caloris Spires and know that I achieved something.) I don't know my schedule now, but maybe 1:30pm Est tomorrow?

In any case: I enjoyed our run and, as with every card, I learn a bit more, hopefully improve a bit more.

todd360

Heh. I got a so and so salty message from one of my own team mates this week. Apparentely i was stealing all is kils.
Next game (this was on elimination) i got paired against him, and i got wrecked (and teabaged). Got a few gloating messages. Wished him a good easter, and then he sent me a friends request.

Go figure.

Lol

Anime Body Pillow? RIP.

I should be around tomorrow for a card hopefully. I was driving most of the day.

I don't actually have one. T'was a joke. I might be down for a card tomorrow.

Welp, I'm gonna go watch the new one piece episode.

Wow, that's fucking bullshit. So all my exotics are basically useless ?

Y1s essentially are unless you are running Y1 content like the original raids or Crucible. There are a decent amount of Y2 conversions you can buy from the blueprint kiosks in the Vanguard area of tower but can can cost between 125-150 marks.

BiGBoSSMk23

If there's a Y2 version available it can be "purchased/upgraded" with Legendary Marks.

Y1s essentially are unless you are running Y1 content like the original raids or Crucible. There are a decent amount of Y2 conversions you can buy from the blueprint kiosks in the Vanguard area of tower but can can cost between 125-150 marks.

Ugghhh, ok.

Shall keep for crucible.

Edit:

Actually when I stopped playing there was talk of VoG gear being upgraded with HoW expansion, so people were hoarding them IIRC.

Any if that worth a damn?

Love my Kabr armor :(

Ugghhh, ok.

Shall keep for crucible.

Edit:

Actually when I stopped playing there was talk of VoG gear being upgraded with HoW expansion, so people were hoarding them IIRC.

Any if that worth a damn?

Love my Kabr armor :(

Wasn't upgraded for year 2. Still OK for crucible or any earlier raids (at least the weapons).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone want to do a fresh Kings Fall HM from beginning to end?

I still need to experience this, someday...

Yesterday went 4-0 on Trials card with Driz/Igor for shits n' giggles, need 5 to see Mercury

Dreamgazer helped me lose my PoE 28 cherry...

Also spent an ungodly 3.5 hours cleaning vault and characters
Now I can play!
Removed 96 Armor pieces, 120+ weapons, came away with 500-600 Legendary marks

Now my vault is empty!

Dez_

Yesterday went 4-0 on Trials card with Driz/Igor for shits n' giggles, need 5 to see Mercury

Dreamgazer helped me lose my PoE 28 cherry...

Also spent an ungodly 3.5 hours cleaning vault and characters
Now I can play!
Removed 96 Armor pieces, 120+ weapons, came away with 500-600 Legendary marks

Now my vault is empty!
I know it's been really quiet around here for a bit, but if there are other people in and you need another, I'd be happy to join in for HM KF. Honestly, I've still never finished it. I always get up to Oryx at least.

Ballistic

I know it's been really quiet around here for a bit, but if there are other people in and you need another, I'd be happy to join in for HM KF. Honestly, I've still never finished it. I always get up to Oryx at least.

I can run it, if there's enough.

ocean

Banned
I'd love to see a tryhard DGAF group chart among the quickest Mercury runs any given week. I hadn't paid it much attention until I heard Lumi talk about it yesterday (his team was #3 to reach Mercury this week, but it was a ridiculously, absurdly good team). It's part skill part luck - if you manage to get a good 4-5 games in the beginning of your card just stomping 5-0 it's way easier than if you get unlucky and match scarabs on game 2 (which is a pretty common occurance if you are playing right at reset)

LTWood12

Well, DGAF, I may be awol more often. The MST3K gig is done (after two years) and it looks like I might be tag-teaming with Tommy Refenes (the programming half of the Super Meat Boy team) to make a game.

I'm pumped--a two man indie studio is high atop my list of near future goals and I can't think of a better dude to do that with. Mum's the word--small chance it might not happen.

I desperately want to do more game work (and less film/TV/vis dev stuff), so yay!

Late to the party here, but that's incredible. Best of luck to you! Glad to have gotten to know you a little bit.

Ji66a-Man

If you still need to fill spots, I know ruffles and thingonthefloor haven't run yet. I can bring my hunter or titan too. I'll be on the bone doing bounties and weekly 3 mark strikes in the meantime.

Magik

Got any openings? Psn: rcmDez

Edit: This First Curse crucible quest is awful. I can barely make kills with this hand cannon, much less trying to get 7 headshot kills with it.

I did it in rumble but yeah, that 7 headshot kills in one match is brutal when half the shots disappear in thin air.

Got any openings? Psn: rcmDez

Edit: This First Curse crucible quest is awful. I can barely make kills with this hand cannon, much less trying to get 7 headshot kills with it.
1) That part of the quest sucks.
2) Finally pulling it off feels so good (it took me quite a while)
3) The First Curse is one of my top 3 primaries in the game and a ton of fun, keep at it

I'd love a Mercury carry sometime just for some better gear to get me above 300...

For sure. We got Id in here right now but we're down to play with anyone. Have you played much Trials/how many passage coins do you have? We'll definitely try our best but competition is fierce, so we may have to reset the card to try a few times.

Damnit. Lost to DrLupo again this time at Final Boss with no mercy. At least I got Ninja a few times, but yea I played like ass.

Ninja went on both Cheese spot and on top of bridge, though, like is that necessary? :/ But the motto of Destiny is do whatever you can (in game) to win. [not messing with connections, obviously]

Damnit. Lost to DrLupo again this time at Final Boss with no mercy. At least I got Ninja a few times, but yea I played like ass.

Ninja went on both Cheese spot and on top of bridge, though, like is that necessary? :/ But the motto of Destiny is do whatever you can (in game) to win. [not messing with connections, obviously]

I watched Murdaro and he does that shit all the time. I got way more respect for krafty.

Top Bottom