• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Reading through my old Facebook message group with 2 other IRL friends that hasn't been active for 487 days (sad face)

Good times when we were excited for Xur, the weekly and daily, and Atheon Hard cheese on October 2014.
We got him to fall and I ended up with 2 kills and 150+ deaths Hahaha.

Also, my friend got Helm of Saint 14 and was upset since he has to use defender instead of striker and thought the Blind was only useful for confluxes and would rather have raid helm Hahaha. Good times.

See, stuff like this is why I think it's sad that Bungie did away with elemental primaries with strong burns and the like. Flying through weeklies and Nightfall using different weapons than I normally used and watching stuff melt was a ton of fun. I don't care if it wasn't "balanced." I did Nightfall almost every single week in Year One. In Year Two I've done it like twice because it just isn't fun anymore and the rewards aren't worth it.

I'd say the same thing about cheese spots. Yes, they're not playing the game as intended but they were challenges in their own right and made things varied and different. While giving Nightfall checkpoints was a good move in my opinion, all the other changes for Year Two were in the wrong direction. Same with changes to the weapon sets in general. There just aren't a lot of fun Year Two guns in the game right now because Bungie tried tone things down but really just ended up making everything stale, white bread.

Too many people kept running sunbro and nobody used shock city. So of course Bungie has to nerf Sunbro. "No fun allowed" as usual.

It's fucking weird. It's just, fuck off Bungie. If someone uses only one class over the others, it's not because that class is over powered, but it's because the other classes are weak. Because they aren't worth speccing into.

Once again, it's Bungie making up a problem and then pretending that they're fixing it, instead of actually bandaging the problem.

Literally have never heard anyone complain about Radiance's duration.

Trakan

If the Radiance nerf even happens (it could just be a test environment thing) then I don't think it's that big of a deal. It should not be nerfed for PVE, that's true but it's 3 seconds. I get that it shows Bungie's incompetence more than anything. I'm just hoping if they're changing that it leads to Firebolt/Viking Funeral/Scorch changes.

I will never understand why people like Nightstalker for PVP outside of abusing the Shadestep glitch. Nightstalker is ass for PVP IMO. The Super sucks, the grenades suck and like WeTeHa mentioned you have to use two abilities and both have to hit. I can probably count the times I've been killed by it (the wombo combo) on one hand. It's more annoying that anything.

With Bladedancer, I have so many bad Y1 flashbacks that I really want the subclass to just die off. Arcbolt grenades ran rampant for so long and Quickdraw is still as broken as ever. Even now after the blink nerf and the agility of the subclass trying to kill a bladedancer is still a pain in the ass. It also doesn't help that the majority of people with shit internet tend to run it.

See, stuff like this is why I think it's sad that Bungie did away with elemental primaries with strong burns and the like. Flying through weeklies and Nightfall using different weapons than I normally used and watching stuff melt was a ton of fun. I don't care if it wasn't "balanced." I did Nightfall almost every single week in Year One. In Year Two I've done it like twice because it just isn't fun anymore and the rewards aren't worth it.

I'd say the same thing about cheese spots. Yes, they're not playing the game as intended but they were challenges in their own right and made things varied and different. While giving Nightfall checkpoints was a good move in my opinion, all the other changes for Year Two were in the wrong direction. Same with changes to the weapon sets in general. There just aren't a lot of fun Year Two guns in the game right now because Bungie tried tone things down but really just ended up making everything stale, white bread.

I was always upset at taking away Elemental Primaries. I understood why, but I always thought it was a an easy way out for them to try to balance PvE, instead of working through the perks between them and Kinetic primaries.

No carrots = way less fun.

If true, that's an odd nerf. I rarely get multi-kills with Radiance so I'm not sure why its duration would up for change. We will just have to wait for the stream in two weeks and find out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the natural duration of Radiance was nerfed, while Radiant Will was buffed to cancel it out.

Thus, tempting more people away from using the obvious choice of Viking funeral.

Axoman

No worries man. It's not a good map for Trials. The more I play it the more I don't like it. Unlike most year 1 non Rift maps, that grew on me each time. I can only hope they design more trials / skirmish 3v3 maps in the future.

I had fun. I played for like 6 hours with 2 different lfg groups all night yesterday and it's refreshing to play with our community again. I'm not sweating this map anymore since I know how bad it is so now just hoping for a better one next week.

And we beat some pretty good teams today.

GGs gentlemen! They were fun games, but I'm super over this map. Like X said, it was decent at first but my opinion has gone down the more I played it. I played a bunch Friday, medium amount Saturday and a little bit today so 0 games Monday sounds about right. Fingers crossed for a good map next week.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully we'll get a good map, would like Cauldron or Exodus Blue
it will be Momento

Hopefully I can redeem myself!

I'll create a google form for newbie raid when I get home.
People who want to try KF NM can sign up and list their preferred time.
Should be easier to organize then.

When is the Doctrine scheduled to be the Trials reward again?

Not soon enough. I'd love another Doctrine Train weekend before April 12th but sadly it's not going to happen. Who knows what the Trials rewards will be come that update.
It'll be the exact same rewards but @ 320-330 for 5 and 7 wins and 330 to 335 for Mercury

WipedOut

Not soon enough. I'd love another Doctrine Train weekend before April 12th but sadly it's not going to happen. Who knows what the Trials rewards will be come that update.
It'll be the exact same rewards but @ 320-330 for 5 and 7 wins and 330 to 335 for Mercury

And the Doctrine might get a nerf. - No Fun Allowed.

Ghazi

This isn't a dig at Tyler but he rarely played the game post TTK, they really need to have open Beta weekends but that would mean they stop the drip feed of information. Or actually update the game regularly instead of this bi-annual nerf/buff cycle nonsense
Who cares? If he knows people at Bungie and they want his feedback that's his business, not yours or mine. There is zero reason to put him (and others playing test builds) in the spotlight like this. You seriously come off salty with this post.

I don't want to imagine the whining that would happen during open betas if they had them and the number of armchair game designer posts would be atrocious (we already get so many now).

LTWood12

Who cares? If he knows people at Bungie and they want his feedback that's his business, not yours or mine. There is zero reason to put him (and others playing test builds) in the spotlight like this. You seriously come off salty with this post.

I don't want to imagine the whining that would happen during open betas if they had them and the number of armchair game designer posts would be atrocious (we already get so many now).

Hey it's Ghazi!

Tyler is a good dude. Glad he's getting some insider access. Maybe he can give them feedback that'll help.

Mindlog

Anyone wonder if Bladedancer Quickdraw will finally be nerfed? That's been the single biggest unaddressed class issue since the beginning. "Hey, let's give this class one of the most desirable weapon perks in the game for free."

I'm frequently using my Radiance in PvE to make orbs. Please don't Bungie this up.
I was always upset at taking away Elemental Primaries. I understood why, but I always thought it was a an easy way out for them to try to balance PvE, instead of working through the perks between them and Kinetic primaries.

No carrots = way less fun.
I hate carrots! Unfortunately the game is schizophrenic on whether or not you need better loot to complete certain activities. Instead of elements on KF primaries I'd rather see them buff cocoon. Cocoon on primaries and perhaps even secondaries should proc as fast as hot swap. In year 2 I've come to prefer small arms over the old year 1 elemental burns. With weapon class based buffs every weapon in that class is in play instead of a select few. Clearing a Nightfall with 75%+ headshot kills on Bad Juju or even Monte Carlo is fun.
Must be the same person that thought Golden Gun duration while wearing the Symbiote helmet required a duration nerf.
Can't remember the last time I've seen that helmet being used.

Its an app.
TBH hell if I know, I bought an xbone and its been collecting dust ever since Halo 5...

Hahaha I think you're right. I'll check that out when I get home from work :X

Anyone wonder if Bladedancer Quickdraw will finally be nerfed? That's been the single biggest unaddressed class issue since the beginning. "Hey, let's give this class one of the most desirable weapon perks in the game for free."

I'm frequently using my Radiance in PvE to make orbs. Please don't Bungie this up.

I hate carrots! Unfortunately the game is schizophrenic on whether or not you need better loot to complete certain activities. Instead of elements on KF primaries I'd rather see them buff cocoon. Cocoon on primaries and perhaps even secondaries should proc as fast as hot swap. In year 2 I've come to prefer small arms over the old year 1 elemental burns. With weapon class based buffs every weapon in that class is in play instead of a select few. Clearing a Nightfall with 75%+ headshot kills on Bad Juju or even Monte Carlo is fun.

Can't remember the last time I've seen that helmet being used.

Must be the same person that thought Golden Gun duration while wearing the Symbiote helmet required a duration nerf.

That makes me so sad. The duration is sooooo short yet Storm Caller is like 11x longer -_-

Played two 2.0+ k/d players with Grasps of Malok that each had two stability upgrades on them and you couldn't even Doctrine them to death in time from nearly point blank.

When Blighted Chalice is the Nightfall and Malok is confirmed to drop them, it will be insane.

Played two 2.0+ k/d players with Grasps of Malok that each had two stability upgrades on them and you couldn't even Doctrine them to death in time from nearly point blank.

When Blighted Chalice is the Nightfall and Malok is confirmed to drop them, it will be insane.

You can outshoot a Grasp with a Hawksaw or PDX when you hit your shots. Usually I am left with a sliver of health after, but it is do-able. I think it speaks more to their gunskill than the gun tbh

Edit: Consider a streamer like Wish, he uses the Vendor Hawksaw and dominates people. I have arguably two god roll Hawksaws and I am nowhere near his level.

I care because despite its faults I love the game.

You have a community manager who hates playing the game, the guy whose in charge of Trials (and forced yr2 matchmaking on us) doesn't even play it in the real world, Fusion rifles and Hawkmoon are nerfed into the ground because "Greg from the office" is wrecking everyone, they broke normal crucible by needlessly fiddling with SBMM and they were surprised at how OP Sunbreakers were.

The way the game is its like we're in a constant beta anyway as nothing is properly tested and we have to play the changes until they can be bothered to force another "age" of weapons on us. You also have a great "sweaty" community whose feedback/existence is ignored in favour of Reddit crying

As I said it wasn't a dig at him but if the only way you get to have a say about the game is to be a friend of someone at Bungie theres something wrong

Edit nor am i saying he won't be giving good feedback, its just the whole system isn't working

I care because despite its faults I love the game.

You have a community manager who hates playing the game, the guy whose in charge of Trials (and forced yr2 matchmaking on us) doesn't even play it in the real world, Fusion rifles and Hawkmoon are nerfed into the ground because "Greg from the office" is wrecking everyone, they broke normal crucible by needlessly fiddling with SBMM and they were surprised at how OP Sunbreakers were.

The way the game is its like we're in a constant beta anyway as nothing is properly tested and we have to play the changes until they can be bothered to force another "age" of weapons on us. You also have a great "sweaty" community whose feedback/existence is ignored in favour of Reddit crying

As I said it wasn't a dig at him but if the only way you get to have a say about the game is to be a friend of someone at Bungie theres something wrong

Edit nor am i saying he won't be giving good feedback, its just the whole system isn't working

I doubt they ask everyone in the friends and family list for specific balancing critiques. Likely bungie just wants a certain population number so people on the test realm can actually do things like strikes with three people. Otherwise they'd be running solo non stop.

stay gold

Bladedancer useage would drop off a cliff if they nerfed Quickdraw. It's already a dead class at the highest level.

The perk is fine imo, and Warlocks are getting it soon anyway.

Wait, nerf Blade? LOL. It needs to be FIXED!

Nightstalker also needs to be fixed; Shadestep cancel should not work come Subclass Balance patch or that would look really bad.

Here's what I'm curious about.

April 6 - Sandbox and Crucible Updates​

What are they going to have in that hour?

It's not like they can show a bunch of nerfs for an hour. Deej billed the subclass changes as "tweaks to a couple subclasses". More Fusion Rifle nerfs? Maybe private PvP Matches? Even that, I just, don't get what would they could show for an hour here.

Lnkn52

It's not like they can show a bunch of nerfs for an hour. Deej billed the subclass changes as "tweaks to a couple subclasses". More Fusion Rifle nerfs? Maybe private PvP Matches? Even that, I just, don't get what would they could show for an hour here.

Alot of Sea Salt.

I wish we can jump to that day.

But yea, that's why I also wished they would have showed it all in 1 stream. We didn't need to see them playing CoE that long imo.

Tri4

What's this about nerfing bladedance? QuickDraw is practically carrying that class right now, along with blink to a lesser extent. If anything they need to buff the class, the hit detection is horrible and blink strike is useless.

What's this about nerfing bladedance? QuickDraw is practically carrying that class right now, along with blink to a lesser extent. If anything they need to buff the class, the hit detection is horrible and blink strike is useless.

Nerfing Bladedance is a joke, because it's already so bad.

Idea for that one hour twitch of sandbox/ crucible changes: one hour of melee hits connecting and no lag in cross-continent play.

X-Frame

I still wish the Sunbreaker's skill tree was tweaked to improve its neutral game, even at the expense of its super. There are too many perks that augment Hammer of Sol whereas Nightstalker and Stormcaller have strong neutral games (Wombo, Shadestep, Keen Scout, Pulsewave, Perpetual Charge, Amplitude, etc.)

Flameseeker is now quite pointless since it was nerfed even after it was shown it barely did anything before. Replace with a new perk.

I'd like Fleetfire to be changed where instead of enemies killed by fire increase and stack Agility and Reload Speed to simply damaging them by your fire. I don't think that would be OP.

Not sure if I'd recommend anything changed to Sunstrike -- I think it has good perks that benefit PvP and PvE well enough.

Mindlog

Bladedancer useage would drop off a cliff if they nerfed Quickdraw. It's already a dead class at the highest level.

The perk is fine imo, and Warlocks are getting it soon anyway.
Which would force their hand with the rest of the class. Raw out of context outliers have proven to be very important when it comes to Bungie balance. All of the classes should get a quick draw exotic or none. The perk is too strong otherwise.

They're probably show off the next batch of year 1 exotics that are being brought up. As well as the remaining 4 new exotics we already know about.

Magik

Considering he's doing carries for his viewers I can't blame him for doing anything and everything to help them. Gotta please his viewers.

Top Bottom