• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Drizzay get in here.

Okie doke, gimme 2 min

I'm back, Drizz before we start, I need a bit of a heads up concerning lines of sight. Middle bridge has a lot of openings, vulnerable to sniping. This map has been pretty tough for me.

haha yeah everybody has the same problem on this map. It's just so damn open. It's more like planes of sight instead of lines of sight. I mean Frontier is a Rift map so I'm not sure why they keep using it in Trials, but there are still some tips to learn. We can talk about it more in a bit, I'll try to finish off this card with John first.

I'm not online at the moment,but I'm able to get on whenever if you want to play some on the bone. I've got couple hours before I'd have to call it a night. Long day off traveling and have to get up early for work tomorrow.

Right on, that sounds good. Haven't seen X or anyone else respond so not sure if we'd have a 3rd. If it gets too late and you're tired from the travelling then no worries, we could always run some tomorrow night if schedules work better then. We can play it by ear for now.

You know I realized I still don't have you or Ape added. Mind if I add you on PSN? And I can play Trials for a bit.

Of course! Anybody around here is welcome to add me. PSN is DrDrizzay101. Sometimes it's tricky to coordinate schedules for Trials but I'm down to play with anyone and I'm sure timing will work out eventually.

Okie doke, gimme 2 min

haha yeah everybody has the same problem on this map. It's just so damn open. It's more like planes of sight instead of lines of sight. I mean Frontier is a Rift map so I'm not sure why they keep using it in Trials, but there are still some tips to learn. We can talk about it more in a bit, I'll try to finish off this card with John first.

Right on, that sounds good. Haven't seen X or anyone else respond so not sure if we'd have a 3rd. If it gets too late and you're tired from the travelling then no worries, we could always run some tomorrow night if schedules work better then. We can play it by ear for now.

Of course! Anybody around here is welcome to add me. PSN is DrDrizzay101. Sometimes it's tricky to coordinate schedules for Trials but I'm down to play with anyone and I'm sure timing will work out eventually.

I'm game to run Axo tonight

I'm back, Drizz before we start, I need a bit of a heads up concerning lines of sight. Middle bridge has a lot of openings, vulnerable to sniping. This map has been pretty tough for me.

There's not enough tips for this map. Fucking krafty did single carries today for the first time since trials LAUNCHED because this map is so open and even he cant control angles like that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So anyone want to do anything, I'm bored...

4-0 Trial Card
Need KF x3
Need NF x3

Anyone ;(

Woof. 8-1. Frontier is a tough map & that was by far the sweatiest card I've ever run. Those 13 games over 1.5 cards had the highest ELOs I've ever seen outside of final bosses. (And the single lowest, a team average of 897.)

Didn't reach Mercury, but Drizz put the good spin on it. The more often you're in the sweaty matches, the better you get. And that's what I want.

Thanks for running it with me, Drizz & Igor. Praying for a better map next week.

No worries, I'm just chillin', watching GG Xrd stream..

Hey dude, sorry to bail but I really don't think this is a good map to help with first timers. Like you posted before it's just so damn open and exposed everywhere it's really hard for me to give good call-outs or advice about positioning because you can get shot from so many different places. We'll definitely get you in there again soon though. Hopefully next week gives us something a little more moderate to work with, not as cramped as Asylum but not as open as Frontier. Sorry again.

Axo and I are ready and we're just warming up on the pvp daily

okie doke, gimme a few min. Just finished three sweaty ass games, two of which were 4-5 losses so I need a minute to process the rage, haha.

Dthomp

Don't believe Drizzay Light Knight, he's been telling me that for weeks, you're never getting help ;)

JK Drizzay, love your work

You are right drizz, Frontier is like the opposite of Asylum which is cramped and grenade spam reigns and instead is super open so you can get shot from literally any spot of the map. Both are super bad maps for trials for those reasons. Frontier is just marginally above Asylum for me. Ugh cant we have a good map Bungie please.

Axoman

Thanks for the games Drizz and xplicit!

I am the designated aggro puller! In other words, I'm good at getting the other team to focus on (and kill) me while drizz and x get the kills.

I am the designated aggro puller! In other words, I'm good at getting the other team to focus on (and kill) me while drizz and x get the kills.

No worries man. It's not a good map for Trials. The more I play it the more I don't like it. Unlike most year 1 non Rift maps, that grew on me each time. I can only hope they design more trials / skirmish 3v3 maps in the future.

I had fun. I played for like 6 hours with 2 different lfg groups all night yesterday and it's refreshing to play with our community again. I'm not sweating this map anymore since I know how bad it is so now just hoping for a better one next week.

And we beat some pretty good teams today.

Tyler knows people at Bungie. He probably has a friends and family code for early access to the April 12 update.

This isn't a dig at Tyler but he rarely played the game post TTK, they really need to have open Beta weekends but that would mean they stop the drip feed of information. Or actually update the game regularly instead of this bi-annual nerf/buff cycle nonsense

Thought I would post this here as well as on the gaming side:

Marty O'Donnell, composer of Destiny, Halo, and Myth, is developing a musical "prequel" to the upcoming PSVR title Golem. Really cool project. I'm hoping this project meets the $45,000 goal. Marty's music is fantastic and helped shape both Halo and Destiny. I thought GAF might be interested in this project.

Kickstarter Link

Golem - Highwire Games

This isn't a dig at Tyler but he rarely played the game post TTK, they really need to have open Beta weekends but that would mean they stop the drip feed of information. Or actually update the game regularly instead of this bi-annual nerf/buff cycle nonsense

Have you given a thought to what will you do once they nerf firebolts and stormcallers? :p

Thought I would post this here as well as on the gaming side:

Marty O'Donnell, composer of Destiny, Halo, and Myth, is developing a musical "prequel" to the upcoming PSVR title Golem. Really cool project. I'm hoping this project meets the $45,000 goal. Marty's music is fantastic and helped shape both Halo and Destiny. I thought GAF might be interested in this project.

Kickstarter Link

Golem - Highwire Games

I'll check this out tomorrow, thanks

Have you given a thought to what will you do once then nerf firebolts and stormcallers? :p

Like all great players we adapt and move on

I don't think Sunsingers will be getting the nerf everyones looking for. Stormcallers, transcendence definitely needs nerfing but I don't use it as pulsewave is too OP

No worries man. It's not a good map for Trials. The more I play it the more I don't like it. Unlike most year 1 non Rift maps, that grew on me each time. I can only hope they design more trials / skirmish 3v3 maps in the future.

I had fun. I played for like 6 hours with 2 different lfg groups all night yesterday and it's refreshing to play with our community again. I'm not sweating this map anymore since I know how bad it is so now just hoping for a better one next week.

And we beat some pretty good teams today.

GGs gentlemen! They were fun games, but I'm super over this map. Like X said, it was decent at first but my opinion has gone down the more I played it. I played a bunch Friday, medium amount Saturday and a little bit today so 0 games Monday sounds about right. Fingers crossed for a good map next week.

Exodus Blue is always good. Timekeeper might be interesting. I wouldn't mind Anomaly or Cauldron again, even Pantheon. I'd love to see Shores of Time make an appearance even if it might be way too big.

Honestly there aren't many maps well suited for Trials. Burning Shrine has been done to death. Widow's Court is pretty played out after 5 appearances. Rusted Lands and Firebase Delphi are legit, Black Shield is alright. But Blind Watch and Thieve's Den are garbage tier. The Combined Arms trio of Bastion/First Light/Skyshock is obviously out.

Most year 2 maps were clearly made for Rift and don't play well at all in Elimination (Bannerfall, Frontier, Memento, Sector 618, Vertigo, Cathedral of Dusk). Drifter is best by default since it's appropriate 3v3 size, but it has the Thieve's Den tube problem. Dungeons is good for Control but probably not Trials. I don't know wtf Crossroads is supposed to be. Pretty slim pickings.

I'd go for Cauldron. Got a bit bored yesterday, had to move out of my comfort zone and pulled out a shotgun. Funny to see that lots of teams can't handle a rushing team.

So...
I've been playing Destiny for about 6 months and I'm addicted. My goal is to collect all the trophies in the PS4 version.

So far I have not been able to participate in any Raid. As always, GAF is here to help, with the Weekly Newbie Raids. I can only play on Sundays and these are held on Sundays every 4 weeks.

Do you guys know when it's the next Sunday that will have Newbie Raids so I can join?

THANK YOU! :)

I'm in the same boat. I've gotten addicted to destiny over the last while but I haven't had a chance to try the raids yet. If there's a beginner-friendly run going on I'd love to join.

If we can figure out a schedule that works for everyone I'm happy to help with any newbies interested in raiding.

Welp, beat the TK and a bit of the post launch quests. At Light 282, and I guess I'm trying to get higher...? There are some good improvements here in TK over Vanilla, mainly, with how much more 'stuff' there is to do. It's mostly grind, but I guess that's what it comes to with these faux mmo/arpg's.

Gunplay is still great. Fantastic, really. Also, you forget how much you like the fantastical armor and weapon design when coming off something like The Division.

So do vendors only sell 280 gear? Is it the same thing with Xur? I guess the name of the game now is infusion? I've gotten some higher lvl blues from the rng, moreso than I have purples, but I'm curious as to what causes what in the infusion process. If I have a lvl280 purple cloak that I like better because of reasons, and I infuse it with a lvl285 blue, does that bring the cloak to lvl285?

As far as content goes, I kind of wish there was more matchmaking options. I'm surprised there's no raid or daily story matchmaking. I know Bungie said that teammates need communication for the harder stuff, but I think FF14 gets around this pretty well (outside of Savage, which I've never tried to do). It's a shame that there's no option there just to try it.

Maybe next weekend I'll ask around here and see if one or two pros can run me through the vault of glass, ;). Wouldn't mind trying a raid once.

Yeah, sadly the vendors and Xur only sell 280 gear so anything you buy has to be infused up. Blues can actually drop up to 300 Light but they can't be infused themselves so you can put them into a Legendary that you like. Legendaries get a minimum of 6 light from infusion, exotic items get a minimum of 4.

So in your example infusing a 285 into a 280 purple cloak would bring that cloak up to 285. But let's say you had a 280 exotic weapon, it would only go to 284 light if you used that same 285 blue. Personally I wouldn't bother infusing that small amount, just wait until you get a higher light item so you can make a bigger jump at once. You can use the following website to calculate exactly how much you'd get from any given infusion:

http://www.destinyinfused.com/

The game is so dead that it's pretty tough to group up for much of anything around here nowadays but if we can find enough people and schedules work out I'm happy to help newbie raid. Maybe you can group up with the people I quoted above, we'll just play it by ear.

Deku Tree

Not exactly true. He may not have grouped up much in the OT but I played with his regular raid group a few times and they did KF every Tuesday night for months after TTK launched.

Not exactly true. He may not have grouped up much in the OT but I played with his regular raid group a few times and they did KF every Tuesday night for months after TTK launched.

I meant hardly compared to the rest of us idiots, he stopped playing in November then came back for a bit in Feb

The general point still stands, whatever the result of this update we'll be stuck with it till the next expansion, why not have an open beta weekend where they can get better data/feedback

Tri4

I'm so glad the endgame will be PoE now. After like 6 months and still having not done kingsfall, it will be nice to be able to participate without back hand knowledge of confusing mechanics and needing that damn ToM. Of course I'll still need to somehow get to 320 first, I hope the PoE with matchmaking will be sufficient enough to get me there on its own.

In the meantime, I wanna try get the raid done for the first time. Anyone wanna help? I'm like 309 light.

WeTeHa

In the meantime, I wanna try get the raid done for the first time. Anyone wanna help? I'm like 309 light.

With you we already have 3 (or 4?) newbies for kings fall. Shouldn't be hard to find 2 or 3 helpers in the next week to get you guys through it. Depending on the time I can help. You can also pick up the calcified fragments for the ToM quest. KF has 5 fragments to pick up with an additional 3 awarded for every challenge mode.

That sucks, I bet they didn't think about PVE when making that change.

Of course not, pvp balancing always screws up pve things :( Radiance duration didn't really strike me as a problem... The only thing I would have changed is firebolt grenade and the melee overshield on hit.

Can't wait for Iron Banner tomorrow.

stay gold

More coming soon (TM)

I have no doubt they'll completely ruin Sunsinger (i've already started playing other classes in preperation), they're so heavy handed with everything.

People will be real happy, until they realise their Shadestep and Smoke bombs are next on the chopping board lol.

E92 M3

With you we already have 3 (or 4?) newbies for kings fall. Shouldn't be hard to find 2 or 3 helpers in the next week to get you guys through it. Depending on the time I can help. You can also pick up the calcified fragments for the ToM quest. KF has 5 fragments to pick up with an additional 3 awarded for every challenge mode.

Of course not, pvp balancing always screws up pve things :( Radiance duration didn't really strike me as a problem... The only thing I would have changed is firebolt grenade and the melee overshield on hit.

Can't wait for Iron Banner tomorrow.

Yes, it's a horrible, horrible trend.

I have no doubt they'll completely ruin Sunsinger (i've already started playing other classes in preperation), they're so heavy handed with everything.

People will be real happy, until they realise their Shadestep and Smoke bombs are next on the chopping board lol.

It always boggles me that Bungie only buff small degrees, but when it comes to nerfs, the nukes are called in. That's why it bugs me that people keep asking for nerfs.

Wombo combo is by far the most OP thing in the game, if they're nerfing supers I'd also half the radius of fist of havoc (vertically) and its invincibility frames

Need one to join me, feetie, EJ, pew and blaze for some gaf on gaf

I mean.

I know I got some heat for calling for the restructuring of Bungie and exodus of employees working on the game.

But really? They're going to hurt PvE radiance? They're going to kill the builds that aren't dependent on revive? Really? Fucking really? And once again they won't balance separately for PvE and PvP and just hurt everyone?

I don't know what to say. Bungie is fucking up at every turn. It's like any good will they got from doing the stream and announcing an April update is now being siphoned by their inept ability to balance properly.

Reading through my old Facebook message group with 2 other IRL friends that hasn't been active for 487 days (sad face)

Good times when we were excited for Xur, the weekly and daily, and Atheon Hard cheese on October 2014.
We got him to fall and I ended up with 2 kills and 150+ deaths Hahaha.

Also, my friend got Helm of Saint 14 and was upset since he has to use defender instead of striker and thought the Blind was only useful for confluxes and would rather have raid helm Hahaha. Good times.

Top Bottom