• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Ballistic

I'll agree that stormcaller needs a tweak, but not a nerf. Transcendence needs to be sped up a bit and the super would be fine. There's also a problem with the lightning glitching throughout the map. Otherwise the class is fine as is.

As for the duration of sunsinger, now that's just stupid. Like others have said, it's the duration of viking funeral more than anything.

Here's what I'm curious about.

April 6 - Sandbox and Crucible Updates​

What are they going to have in that hour?

It's not like they can show a bunch of nerfs for an hour. Deej billed the subclass changes as "tweaks to a couple subclasses". More Fusion Rifle nerfs? Maybe private PvP Matches? Even that, I just, don't get what would they could show for an hour here.

Theyll try to pass the nerfs as buffs or whatever.

Lnkn52

Lol how has Bungie not fixed that glitch spot on Frontier. At the very least don't have it in the trials rotation until it's fixed.

I can't even.

Here's a picture of my dog.

Twitter update:
aC3xgks.png

If the Radiance nerf even happens (it could just be a test environment thing) then I don't think it's that big of a deal. It should not be nerfed for PVE, that's true but it's 3 seconds. I get that it shows Bungie's incompetence more than anything. I'm just hoping if they're changing that it leads to Firebolt/Viking Funeral/Scorch changes.

I will never understand why people like Nightstalker for PVP outside of abusing the Shadestep glitch. Nightstalker is ass for PVP IMO. The Super sucks, the grenades suck and like WeTeHa mentioned you have to use two abilities and both have to hit. I can probably count the times I've been killed by it (the wombo combo) on one hand. It's more annoying that anything.

With Bladedancer, I have so many bad Y1 flashbacks that I really want the subclass to just die off. Arcbolt grenades ran rampant for so long and Quickdraw is still as broken as ever. Even now after the blink nerf and the agility of the subclass trying to kill a bladedancer is still a pain in the ass. It also doesn't help that the majority of people with shit internet tend to run it.
I don't want this post to get by unscathed. Somebody please inform this gentleman why nightstalker is so fun/good for pvp, I don't have the time at the moment.

See, stuff like this is why I think it's sad that Bungie did away with elemental primaries with strong burns and the like. Flying through weeklies and Nightfall using different weapons than I normally used and watching stuff melt was a ton of fun. I don't care if it wasn't "balanced." I did Nightfall almost every single week in Year One. In Year Two I've done it like twice because it just isn't fun anymore and the rewards aren't worth it.

I'd say the same thing about cheese spots. Yes, they're not playing the game as intended but they were challenges in their own right and made things varied and different. While giving Nightfall checkpoints was a good move in my opinion, all the other changes for Year Two were in the wrong direction. Same with changes to the weapon sets in general. There just aren't a lot of fun Year Two guns in the game right now because Bungie tried tone things down but really just ended up making everything stale, white bread.

Bungie doesn't truly understand why we had fun with this game. They only seek to take away what ever the community likes.

Mindlog

Not going to watch any of those streams either. Feels like tacit support for the silly information drip feed.
I need PC remote play.
I can't even.

Here's a picture of my dog.

Twitter update:
aC3xgks.png
An invitation to the new Court with five Reciprocal Runes.

Jafku

I haven't played Destiny in three weeks now. Can't wait to see the stream this week. Just wish they would communicate with the fan base instead of waiting for streams and bwu's

LTWood12

I had an idea for the postmaster item that I'm sure they'd never do, but would be incredible. What if each account got a single year 1 loadout consisting of one of three exotics: Thorn, Ice Breaker, or Gjallarhorn; and the other two slots being composed of raid weapons from year one, brought up to year 2 status. No way to earn the weapons in game. It's literally a single roll of the dice for every account.

So I would end up with:
Word of Crota
Light of the Abyss
& Gjallarhorn

while Wiped would get:
Thorn
Black Hammer
& Corrective Measure

It would be the salt to end all salts.

WipedOut

I had an idea for the postmaster item that I'm sure they'd never do, but would be incredible. What if each account got a single year 1 loadout consisting of one of three exotics: Thorn, Ice Breaker, or Gjallarhorn; and the other two slots being composed of raid weapons from year one, brought up to year 2 status. No way to earn the weapons in game. It's literally a single roll of the dice for every account.

So I would end up with:
Word of Crota
Light of the Abyss
& Gjallarhorn

while Wiped would get:
Thorn
Black Hammer
& Corrective Measure

It would be the salt to end all salts.

I would rather have your loadout honestly. I never cared for thorn and I'm not a big LMG fan.

I haven't played Destiny in three weeks now. Can't wait to see the stream this week. Just wish they would communicate with the fan base instead of waiting for streams and bwu's

Tomorrow will be one week for me. I'm staying steadfast though and going to try and not play until 4/12. Although tonight is Oryx night...

Hey Gaf, I need your help!

I have an Oryx HM checkpoint, but no team to play with. My LL is 316 (with BS and ToM), but this is my first attempt at the HM, and did NM only once before.

Would 5 of you help me out finish this?

1. Marco_Tovarich

I would like to start in 30-60 minutes.

WipedOut

I have an Oryx HM checkpoint, but no team to play with. My LL is 316 (with BS and ToM), but this is my first attempt at the HM, and did NM only once before.

1. Marco_Tovarich

I'm on a mandatory leave but you should try and grab GraverobberX, I know he has been wanting to do the raid and maybe grab some vets to come in and help.

Can we take a moment amid the salt and appreciate The Item Vault.

I mean that this feature is by far best in class for any game out there. Not only that you can manage your inventory on bungie.net & the official app, but that they made the API's manageable by 3rd party apps? Amazing!

hqdefault.jpg

I want this in every game. I want to mess around with my Diablo toons this way. I want to be planning my next hunt in Monster Hunter because I can organize my materials and know what I need.

I want this in every loot game.

(Also, I think if they hadn't expanded the Vault this year would be DOA.)

Postmaster will be Etheric Light, because they're going to bring it back haha.

As much as I hate Frontier for Trials, I can't stop playing. I want to play more today before it goes away. Someone please change my xbl password from me for 4 days.

(I'm still at work but I'm already thinking of playing right when I get home. I've been watching streams at work, that's how bad it is for me atm).

1. Marco_Tovarich

I'm down. everyone is 317 or 318, so let me know who to bring, otherwise, probably Warlock.

LTWood12

Postmaster will be Etheric Light, because they're going to bring it back haha.

As much as I hate Frontier for Trials, I can't stop playing. I want to play more today before it goes away. Someone please change my xbl password from me for 4 days.

(I'm still at work but I'm already thinking of playing right when I get home. I've been watching streams at work, that's how bad it is for me atm).

The optimist in me is hoping for a cache of 'Radiant' Light in the postmaster. i.e. bring any year one or year two weapon/armor to year 2 maximum.

Namikaze1

I have decided I shall return to Trials this week. Don't care if the map somehow ends up being Cathedral of Dusk (do it for the lols Bungie!).

I will return!

TAKE ME BACK, APE AND IGOR! I'M SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG!

I'm gonna be rusty as hell. Maybe I should come back before then and do some IB.

1. Marco_Tovarich
2. Boombloxer

I'm down. everyone is 317 or 318, so let me know who to bring, otherwise, probably Warlock.

YAY! Adding you to the list.

I'm not sure which class is best for Oryx HM. Also, do you have any friends that could join us?

I have decided I shall return to Trials this week. Don't care if the map somehow ends up being Cathedral of Dusk (do it for the lols Bungie!).

I will return!

I'm gonna be rusty as hell. Maybe I should come back before then and do some IB.

Haha. I mean, we can try and CARRY YOU :p

The post master item will probably be a quest item, or they will troll us and give everyone a year 2 Thorn haha.

It's going to be the new "event" item.

Just like how when SRL was active we all got a horn. Except the horn was done very shittily, because now when you make a new character, the first time you get to orbit, you get a horn. Which is confusing to a lot of people.

WeTeHa

You should have an easier time finding people after reset, because it's oryx cm next week. Especially if you can save the cp... Though I prefer daughters cp, need those class items :D

So I've been thinking about buying Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for my Xbone. Should I buy it? I haven't really played Destiny before outside of when the beta was out, but I've played other loot-based games like Borderlands. How easy is it to get into? Because it seems I've missed a lot and I don't understand everything. Some of it sounds quite complicated.

It's going to be the new "event" item.

Just like how when SRL was active we all got a horn. Except the horn was done very shittily, because now when you make a new character, the first time you get to orbit, you get a horn. Which is confusing to a lot of people.

"After hundreds of years I finally found you. I've brought you back from the dead to fight the Darkness. By the way heres a horn."

I will return!

Nice! DGAF Trials is coming back little by little.

You should have an easier time finding people after reset, because it's oryx cm next week. Especially if you can save the cp... Though I prefer daughters cp, need those class items :D

That makes sense, though I probably won't be able to play the rest of the week though :/

So I've been thinking about buying Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for my Xbone. Should I buy it? I haven't really played Destiny before outside of when the beta was out, but I've played other loot-based games like Borderlands.

I think now is a great time to play. New content (free for owning Taken King) is coming out on April 12th. More and more people seem to be coming back as it gets closer to that date.

As far as Xb1 goes, the community here is fairly small versus ps4. You'll have an easier time grouping up on ps4. There is a pretty decent sized group on XB1 when new content drops though so that might not be a problem in the near future, hopefully.

I will return!

You fold to easy Nami
😑

SpecX

Man I have not played in forever it feels, so decided to sign on yesterday and do a quick round of POE to prepare for the update. I'm rusty as fuck and didn't find it to be that fun :( Looking forward to IB tomorrow though and hope to climb aboard some DGAF trains.

No! They're my team now!

giphy.gif

So, this is totally a joke, but I need to make it because I heart you John...

Ahem...You know John, if you don't make it to Mercury at least once a week, you have to turn in your Scarab...so just leave it on my desk by the end of the day.

Kappa

I feel like I got lucky this weekend. Aside from our right as reset card, most of my time on Frontier wasn't THAT horrible. Seems like the abuse of the bridge is getting out of control. Shame. You really have to wonder how stretched their resources are at this point considering the cheese spots are not fixed and someone let this enter the rotation again.

On a more positive note, my Titan KD is now a full 1.5 and my Gunslinger went up. My main, Warlock, is still the worst at 1.29 My win percentage continues to climb. It went from 68% Doctrine week to 74% now. Feels good to play with talented Trials heroes here and to gradually improve my game by small points.

Man I have not played in forever it feels, so decided to sign on yesterday and do a quick round of POE to prepare for the update. I'm rusty as fuck and didn't find it to be that fun :( Looking forward to IB tomorrow though and hope to climb aboard some DGAF trains.
I find pvp too different for me to enjoy now unfortunately.

I'm just joking, Nami. I only ever run one card anyway, so there's plenty of Igorian Apes to go around. (Or is it Simian Igors?)

Ahem...You know John, if you don't make it to Mercury at least once a week, you have to turn in your Scarab...so just leave it on my desk by the end of the day.

VqZ5dyO.gif

I feel like I got lucky this weekend. Aside from our right as reset card, most of my time on Frontier wasn't THAT horrible. Seems like the abuse of the bridge is getting out of control. Shame. You really have to wonder how stretched their resources are at this point considering the cheese spots are not fixed and someone let this enter the rotation again.

On a more positive note, my Titan KD is now a full 1.5 and my Gunslinger went up. My main, Warlock, is still the worst at 1.29 My win percentage continues to climb. It went from 68% Doctrine week to 74% now. Feels good to play with talented Trials heroes here and to gradually improve my game by small points.

It definitely got more rough as the weekend went on. Drizz and me did a marathon on friday and did like 60 games (3 cards with you, 2 with xplicit, 2 pretty hard successful carries). Then on saturday tried a couple cards, then yesterday a couple games. People started abusing the map.

On that stats note my kd is at 1.86, the grind for 2.0 is real.

So I saw this over on reddit because Black Ops 3 is in a bit of a crisis. I hope this day doesn't come to Destiny:

Supply Drops in Black Ops 3 give 3 random items, could be camos, emblems, Calling cards, etc. And it first started off as a package that could be bought with in-game currency only.

The very stem of this problem is that the publisher Activision promised to keep the the things given cosmetic only, meaning that whatever you got (because it's 100% random) wouldn't give an advantage to anyone. However, that changed one day when they dropped 3 new weapons into the pool and made a way to buy the in game cureency with real money. It started the overwhelming flow of big Youtubers spending crazy amounts of real money hitting a lottery for hopefully one of the weapons. It made the game not fun, as the objective then became grinding for Cryptokeys (the in game currency) and hopefully hit a drop and get a weapon.

A certain modder did some datamining and found the exact probability of you getting an item of a certain rarity. This caused people to figure out how much of a ripoff buying these supply drops with real money.

I quote from a thread I saw on the subreddit: 'You could spent $5000 and still not get the particular gun or taunt you want'.

So since Activision is always trying to make money, they didn't like that their behaviour was exposed. So they decided it'd be a good idea to take this modder to court. This is possibly causing the grumbling you're talking about.

Also why it's gotten more traction is because bigger Youtubers (Tmartn, 402Thunder, MrRoflWaffles) have came out and admitted that the system is bogus. Tmartn admitted to spending $1700 in real money trying to get a certain weapon he hasn't gotten. And you can see he's never gotten it because of all the supply drop openings he's uploaded to youtube. (And so many people do openings, which is why the focus of the game has changed).​

Also, RIP Megamanexe.

Top Bottom