• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

neoism

unannounced game

fqtgaYa.png

FyreWulff

Requirements
All players in a Private Match lobby must have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold membership in order to participate.
All players in a Private Match lobby must have Destiny: Rise of Iron to play the Supremacy Game Types, or play on the Floating Gardens, Icarus, Last Exit, or Skyline Maps.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox ONE players will have access to maps through Destiny: The Taken King following the release of Destiny: Rise of Iron.
Sector 618 and Icarus are only available for Private Matches to players on PlayStation 4.

This confirms that they're continuing the last-expansion-maps going free for everyone still!

Raide

I wish I was better in the Crucible. Feel like I am missing a chunk of content and loot because I suck at it.

I always do a test with Destiny patches and its trying to level and gear a character only using the crucible. Almost impossible if you suck like me. 😃

Dez_

Has Bungie mentioned if the ornaments are only obtained through silver, or will you have a way of earning them in the game?

Decent stream and great vidoc in the beginning, currently running on loop while I book my PTO days. :) Excited for a new Exotic MG depending on the perks, we haven't had one since Thunderlawd/SGA.

Grabbed a shot of the UI and a couple new/skinned exotics. Blackmoon!

WipedOut

No SRL maps on that custom list. Bummer

Plus all the "fall 2016" year 2 stuff has been pushed back a full year which does include two exotic weapons.

Well, PS4 is unfortunately the place to play destiny. #1 reason I moved from Xbox to PS4 back in December. Xbox community is a fickle bunch and always has been.

nowai

I wish I was better in the Crucible. Feel like I am missing a chunk of content and loot because I suck at it.

I always do a test with Destiny patches and its trying to level and gear a character only using the crucible. Almost impossible if you suck like me. 😃

You are someone that greatly benefits from skill based matchmaking. Have you tried pvp recently?

They just pushed the changes to try and favor connection over skill a bit more, but SBMM is still active.

You should try some pvp and keep it up. You can only get better. :) You are also correct, you are missing out only playing pve. Pvp is the most fun you can have. Every match is unique and there is nothing like the rush of pvp!

No, they have asteriks that indicate it ends this year.
This page says Fall of 2017. https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives

Edit and on the private matches page: Sector 618 and Icarus are only available for Private Matches to players on PlayStation 4.

Private matches won't even be released until the original exclusivity date was going to end. It's been extended.

One more edit: They've always said "Exclusive until at least..."

Xbox one players feeling the shaft again. Jesus. We paid the same amount of money as everyone else.

It's been going the other way for CoD players for years.

If it makes you feel any better, the exclusive stuff is cool but most people still use the regular favourites. I think I've seen like one other guy with a Zen Meteor. Jade Rabbits aren't that common either.

NeOak

This page and that page about custom matches say Fall of 2017. https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives

Edit and on the private matches page: Sector 618 and Icarus are only available for Private Matches to players on PlayStation 4.

Private matches won't even be released until the original exclusivity date was going to end. It's been extended.

The map and strike. The Jade Rabbit will be available this fall for XBO. Perhaps Zen Meteor too, or that will be Spring 2017.

Hmm, im liking the raid set more on the hunter. (maybe the all red is the normal drops, and the black and red is the hard?), the Iron banner set looks better on the warlock(titan really close), and the trials set is a toss up.

Raide

You are someone that greatly benefits from skill based matchmaking. Have you tried pvp recently?

They just pushed the changes to try and favor connection over skill a bit more, but SBMM is still active.

You should try some pvp and keep it up. You can only get better. :) You are also correct, you are missing out only playing pve. Pvp is the most fun you can have. Every match is unique and there is nothing like the rush of pvp!

Only just restarted Destiny after a long break. Only just touching the new expansion packs!

Being on Xbox One seems to make matching harder Sometimes. Maybe its just me being impatient.

I did hear that loot is better distributed now, so maybe that will help progression. Is it feasible to start at low level or should I put some time into SP?

Playing on both consoles, the exclusivity bothers me less although this likely means I'll never see Jade Rabbit/Zen Meteor as Xur is going to be hoarding them for another year thanks to the extension. GG

Mindlog

Progression and Reputation
Progress may be earned in Private Matches toward Daily Crucible Bounties and Test Weapons received from the Gunsmith.
The grind lobbies are real. This will be the crutch that forgives stupid bounties and test weapons instead of just removing them.

"What do you mean rocket kills in Crucible is stupid? Start a private match with your friends. See you on the battlefield guardian!"

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Looks like Rasputin will factor a lot into the new raid. Hope you can change the cherry red color scheme on the armor though...

Hey guys, i stopped playing Destiny back during its first few months before any updates or expansions came out. Has the game improved since then? Is there still stuff to do with the vanilla game or would I have to get the expansions?

Top Bottom