• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What do you call green bar lag? Someone surviving two sniper shots like nothing. Connection seems fine but hits aren't registering.

What do you call green bar lag? Someone surviving two sniper shots like nothing. Connection seems fine but hits aren't registering.

Normal crucible?!? I see it all the time in rumble thanks to sbmm. I genuinely think that all they have done is lower the criteria to get a green bar.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. We went on a tear.

Won 15 games out of 16. 12 win streak. Until tomorrow.

mEjnqqG.png

Dez_

Had a fun time playing IB today. We decided to go with a full team rocking Telesto's just for laughs and managed to beat a few sweaty teams while we were at it.

I think we broke something, because shortly after that we got a match like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrBoM1r7vc

Quickest match ever. Would have made it extra hilarious if we got IB rewards from it too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I asked yesterday, but I've got some new questions after playing a bunch last night...

I want to upgrade to TTK and ROI. I bought one of of the upgrades last year sometime to get the previous expansions so I'm missing those two at this point. What's the best way to go about doing that cost wise?

What stuff is being removed that I won't be able to do once ROI hits? And how easy is it to find groups for non-group Finder content?

I see the base game is going for $10 and under now. Perfect time to jump in?

Yes! I started with just the original disc back in January. After a couple of weeks or so I was having fun so I dove into the expansions. I mean, if you want to PvP right away you won't have everything, but if you're just looking to get started with the game but aren't 100% sure you want to commit, this is the most balanced and interesting the game has ever been, there's a mountain of stuff to do, and $10 for some of the best shooting mechanics in the industry is nothing.

Its great. But I still consistently get melted by stuff like Mida or Zhalo while lining up shots.

my aim sucks ;_;

Zhalo was the exact moment I stopped listening to the people who say everything Xur has sucks every week. I passed on it, and I've been getting shot by it ever since.

MIDA...in my purely unscientific estimation, that and Universal Remote are the deadliest primaries going right now.

I'm kind of tempted to invest in an elite controller so I could revive and shoot people at the same time. All my attempts at this lately I've messed up somehow. I'd do revive left paddle, and slide on the right.

Finnnala's Peril with;

Truesight
Rangefinder
Extended Mag/Reinforced Barrell/Rifled Barrell(thinking Rifled here or maybe Extended if I feel Rangefinder does enough)
Third Eye

Got my Hunter to 331 this week after taking a 5.5 month break from Destiny.

A couple questions...

I'm assuming CoO Tier 3 is the only method of progressively getting a higher LL artifact?

For someone who has no intention of ever doing the King's Fall raid again (three times per week from release to March was enough), acquiring a higher LL ghost is only possible through Nightfalls and the Iron Banner (I only saw one drop for a teammate through my entire play-time this week)?

IB only drops gear/weapons as end of match rewards that are available for purchase at the IB vendor during that particular event?

Will there be another IB event before the new expansion drops?

Lee

I'm kind of tempted to invest in an elite controller so I could revive and shoot people at the same time. All my attempts at this lately I've messed up somehow. I'd do revive left paddle, and slide on the right.

I had the same thought but I couldn't get used to the paddles. They were in the way of how I held the controller. I've held a controller the same way for like 12 years and wasn't going to change that up. I'm just not very adaptive/flexible/whatever. Still play on 1 sensitivity as well. It's a great controller man so I hope it works for you.

I had the same thought but I couldn't get used to the paddles. They were in the way of how I held the controller. I've held a controller the same way for like 12 years and wasn't going to change that up. I'm just not very adaptive/flexible/whatever. Still play on 1 sensitivity as well. It's a great controller man so I hope it works for you.

I only use the two short paddles on the Elite, left one set to sprint and right one set to jump. I love how the mobility feels with this setup.

So what's the max an exotic can drop at now?

I haven't played since division was released and got warlock to 325 today via IB.
Got an exotic that was 328.

This guy made the new trials armor look good.
He will be a wizard if he can make the new raid armor also look good.

So what's the max an exotic can drop at now?

I haven't played since division was released and got warlock to 325 today via IB.
Got an exotic that was 328.
335, though it's still going to be relative to your level.

A long hiatus from dgaf, and I just realized my first post in a while is salt. Um, Rise of Iron in general looks amazing though? There were go, some balance.

Hi dgaf!

CHC

I bought this game and had fun for a few hours with the original content as a solo player. I've just reached Mars though and it is becoming INCREDIBLY boring and monotonous. Is it worth pushing on to reach Taken King content, or is it more of the same? Should I focus on the House of Wolves stuff instead? That seems to have just opened up to me.

I really enjoy the core gameplay (shooting and riding around on that slick ass Sparrow) but man I understand why the original batch of content was dumped on: it's barren as all hell.

Ryuuga

Banned
man the only thing worse than a raid member consistently failing is the very same member blaming others for his shortcomings

Started to play the game a couple of days ago and I like the game alot. Now I understand, guys.
I'm lvl 15 and did my first strike today with some randoms and I'm wondering if there are more newbies like me, preferably from EU, who want to group up in the near future?

I bought this game and had fun for a few hours with the original content as a solo player. I've just reached Mars though and it is becoming INCREDIBLY boring and monotonous. Is it worth pushing on to reach Taken King content, or is it more of the same? Should I focus on the House of Wolves stuff instead? That seems to have just opened up to me.

I really enjoy the core gameplay (shooting and riding around on that slick ass Sparrow) but man I understand why the original batch of content was dumped on: it's barren as all hell.

Persevere. It gets way more interesting.

CHC

Persevere. It gets way more interesting.

Ok. I'm like level 19 or something and the monotony is kind of crescendoing - every objective is literally the same thing. No variety. But like I said I'm still in the core game so I'm going to hold my judgement until I reach The Taken King's content. I'm open minded as of right now.

glaurung

Finally got my Top Overall Score done on The Dungeons with a Voidwalker Warlock. I don't like Clash just for the reason that some crouch-ass invisible hunter camper can ruin your streak.

150 Legendary Marks now waiting for Rise of Iron in bounty form. 150 more from Trials bounties.

Rehsa

At Target and they have the Destiny Mega Bloks sets, they screwed up and put the Praxic Fire Warlock with the jump ship instead of Atheon

NeOak

I asked yesterday, but I've got some new questions after playing a bunch last night...

I want to upgrade to TTK and ROI. I bought one of of the upgrades last year sometime to get the previous expansions so I'm missing those two at this point. What's the best way to go about doing that cost wise?

What stuff is being removed that I won't be able to do once ROI hits? And how easy is it to find groups for non-group Finder content?

You're better off buying the Collection. It will give you everything up to TTK now and RoI at launch.

Nothing content wise has been removed, except some Y1 quests for some exotics and the red bull stuff to get the XP boosts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You're better off buying the Collection. It will give you everything up to TTK now and RoI at launch.

Nothing content wise has been removed, except some Y1 quests for some exotics and the red bull stuff to get the XP boosts.

In that case, I guess I'm upgrading! Gotta grind to 40 so I can start other fun stuff.

Is PS4 GAF still relatively active? nicoga3000 is my PSN and I'd love friends who still play regularly enough to do random fun stuff with.

Top Bottom