• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The last three games were on Memento, Rusted Lands, and Frontier. Frontier and Memento are campy by nature in Clash - there is no incentive to run out in the open. Rusted Lands we were playing against a team that had quite a few sniper angles covered. Again, not a whole lot of aggressive options that made sense. I'm genuinely curious as to what we did wrong - I'm not denying they were campy games, but it just seemed to make sense given the situations and maps.

It's nobody's fault. It's just the nature of the game and I got tired of it. Luck of the draw. Get the bad spawn and or enemies that will camp. But you could overcome which we didn't do.

Uff duh

Banned
From OT 11
Drdrizzay101

It's not a problem when you know the spiral: you don't jump on the dead end platforms. Of course it's easy to jump from the 2nd/3rd platform, but that's not the point. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does.

I'm not directing this at you or anyone specifically, just general advice from someone who's run flawless as much as anybody on the planet. I constantly hear people talk about the method they use and how they never die when doing normal raids... and then I constantly see flawless runs wipe on the jumps. I know everyone can make the jumps every time on regular raids, but its just not relevant unless its done on a live flawless run. Even if you've done it on flawless runs, there's no reason to leave anything to chance.

As soon as a run wipes on the jumps, it undermines team morale because now we have to do that looooong, booooooring conflux/oracle/templar part again. Then people start getting extra chatty to help pass the time, but the concentration starts waning also. Any run that reaches GKeepers should be cashed in, the glitches are a total non-issue now. Getting past the jumps every run is so critical for so many reasons.
Stuff like that is why there are so many names in the OT. Never ran flawless myself but now more than ever wish I would have. He all ways offered me a spot back then I just new I would be that guy he is talking about. Oh man what a guy!

DeaDPo0L84

Hello guardians, me and my wife are at the Oryx Checkpoint for Hard Mode. She has never completed on normal much less hard. At the moment we would need 4 since it seems our group isnt on at the moment and wed like to complete it before the reset.

GutZ31

-snip-

I lost someone I would consider a mentor. Someone who would always praise me for my ability at the game, but then he'd turn around and surpass me. I felt like I would always learn something new when I played with him. His presence was otherworldly. Nobody else could jump into a lobby and make you feel like everything would be fine. When Drizzay was around, you knew shit was going to get done. And even when it did not, he would be there the next day to make sure it did.

I wrote this poem a while ago when I was going through a rough time. I think it speaks to the kind of man he was:

Bright flames dont burn for long, their light too strong to last
The ashes scatter in the wind, and darkness comes to pass
But in that moment, though brief and rare, no shadows will you find
For just as brightly as you burned, your glow you will leave behind

Luke Smith said it best. He didn't need to become a legend. He was already legendary.
AdiBPrO.jpg

And I thought I was done crying. I want to curse you, but God dammit was that beautiful.

Hello guardians, me and my wife are at the Oryx Checkpoint for Hard Mode. She has never completed on normal much less hard. At the moment we would need 4 since it seems our group isnt on at the moment and wed like to complete it before the reset.
I'm down for a few attempts if there are others. This is ps4 , aye?

ich00

You guys still there? I just logged off, but I can come back on if we have a group.

DeaDPo0L84

Currently its just me (done it before) and wife (never done Kings Fall before). So we would need 4 experienced players if possible to kinda make up for the carry.

stb

Alas, I spent half an hour going through my Destiny screenshots and vids, but couldn't find any with Drizz. I really wish I were better at documenting the things I remember fondly about the game. It was nice to go through what I had and remember some of those events, though.

Hawk: I sent you my input for he next OT. Thanks for organizing.

DeaDPo0L84

Would you have six with us two, or do we need two more?

Edit: Oh.

Sorry for the double post, just didnt want to miss you guys. But yea we would need 4 total. I know its asking a lot, we literally spent 5 hours yesterday just getting her to Oryx. Now we are literally on the last 3 hours before it resets...

Ji66a-Man

Sorry for the double post, just didnt want to miss you guys. But yea we would need 4 total. I know its asking a lot, we literally spent 5 hours yesterday just getting her to Oryx. Now we are literally on the last 3 hours before it resets...

Trying to get some people together on Discord to get you there.

the_id

I'd like to add a bit onto the post that I had Phenom post for me yesterday when i was banned. For now, I think this reflects my thoughts, and there is plenty more that will be said another time.

Over the last two years, this game has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Bungie created a world where you meet new people and go out on adventures to become legends. But what really makes you legendary is not how high your light is or how good you are at the game, but how many people you leave an impression on along the way.

DestinyGAF is not just a tight-nit community, but a family - forged in the fires of the now distant Alpha - and it has been burning ever since. There are many pillars of this community - some have moved on and some have remained - and they have each contributed to making this community what it is today. But if there was one who constantly went out of his way, relentlessly extending a helping hand to anyone who needed it, it was Dr Drizzay.

Drizzay put the D in DestinyGAF. The community that exists today through all its ups and downs is very much his own. If the entirety of DestinyGAF were in a clan, he was its leader. He was a literal example of what a Guardian should be. But now, that Guardian is down.

The outpouring of support for Drizzay from various corners of the internet has shown just how many people his light reached. People who didn't even play with him have felt his warmth, and everyone has a positive story to share about their time with him.

I have very fond memories of the moments I shared with him, however, I am not proud of our last encounter. It was in May during a Trials of Osiris run. I had grown frustrated and stopped doing my best. He sensed that and encouraged me to do better - because that is the kind of person he was. He never got upset with you, but he would always call you out if he knew you weren't doing your best. Unfortunately, I did not heed his words and he then said to me "It's okay if you are not feeling up to it." This was someone who always looked forward to playing with me every weekend, and on that day, I let him down.

Drizzay's untimely passing reminds us that he was human. Even though his machine-like operation and omnipresence said otherwise, he'd get frustrated at the game the same as I or anyone would and even he'd take the occasional break And he'd be the first person to tell you to stop playing if you were not having fun.. But he would then spend hours watching over his footage or studying the game mechanics to learn its ins and outs so that he could learn from his mistakes and teach others. His unwavering dedication to not just the game, but to everyone in its community is what will make him immortal. It's that selfless commitment that he leaves behind, inspiring all of us to be better.

Drizzay did everything. He was up bright and early to lead reset Raids and on later in the week to help fill the last spot. He sherpa'd countless guardians through Skolas, and then he'd hop on over to anchor an Iron Banner train.. He carried people to the lighthouse week after week, and even started playing on other player's accounts, challenging himself with unfamiliar builds. He even helped people with quests, and he wouldn't complain when you booted up the quest again after realizing that you were doing the wrong one halfway through. You'd have a hard time finding someone here who didn't have a trophy or achievement that he wasn't involved in here. Because at the end of the day, he was always here. He would always take the time to share strategies and tips or hop in our streams and cheer us on, and he was always looking for the next person who needed a helping hand. How many OTs has he diligently coordinated and posted for us now? Again, this community is very much his. He took it by the reigns and said "I care about these people" and he never let us down. Not once. The biggest mistake we have all made is in believing that he would always be here.

What I will remember of him most fondly is actually not even related to Destiny. It was the day I played through the Halo 5 Campaign with him and Unstable. We were shooting the shit and talking about everything except Destiny, and it made me realize that this isn't a community that exists solely to LFG or argue over what the best class in the game is. We're friends, and many of us have created real, meaningful and life-long bonds from this game that transcend its boundaries.

I am humbled to have known someone like him. Really, we should all be so lucky. His light reached everyone. Even Bungie themselves:
RSYYshP.jpg

I lost someone I would consider a mentor. Someone who would always praise me for my ability at the game, but then he'd turn around and surpass me. I felt like I would always learn something new when I played with him. His presence was otherworldly. Nobody else could jump into a lobby and make you feel like everything would be fine. When Drizzay was around, you knew shit was going to get done. And even when it did not, he would be there the next day to make sure it did.

I wrote this poem a while ago when I was going through a rough time. I think it speaks to the kind of man he was:

Bright flames dont burn for long, their light too strong to last
The ashes scatter in the wind, and darkness comes to pass
But in that moment, though brief and rare, no shadows will you find
For just as brightly as you burned, your glow you will leave behind

Luke Smith said it best. He didn't need to become a legend. He was already legendary.
I'm just quoting this again because of this is beautiful

GutZ31

I can help. GutZ31 on PS4

I'm still so sad. I'm finding any videos I can with him. I have so much videos saved up back home and I wish I can get them now. I also found a video with Jigga's Mercury run and Drizz was so hyped in the last couple of games but for some reason the voice wasn't shared which makes me quite sad.

Hopefully I can dig up some videos when I get back with his voice.

"Just what the doctor ordered!"

STORY TIME!

Setting: It was my second time with Igor and Drizz in Trials of Osiris. I believe the setting was Asylum round 4. We were up by 3 wins and just storming the other team. Drizz just got his super and told Igor and me to hang back and crouch for radar pressure.

Light_Knight: "Radar pressure? What?"
Igor: "Stay crouched and behind cover near them"
Drizz: "Almost there"

Igor demonstrated and explained that we just have to fool the enemy team into thinking we were approaching. We stayed behind cover while Drizz snuck around from behind.

Drizz: "Let's go!"

That's when we heard "push push!", Drizz popped his super and we collapsed on the opposing team with a 3 pronged attack, terrifying our foes. They didn't stand a chance as our beloved Bladedancer spliced though our enemies.

Drizz: "Good shit Light, good shit Igor"

Light_Knight: "Wow... I didn't even know that was possible"

Special thank you to Xplicit for providing a picture of Drizz's trials armour load out, took me a while to draw it out.

The pleasure is all mine. Great work!

Xplicitone, dude you are famous,

What happened?

Rehsa

Thanks for the challenge mode clear guys and congrats on the Guardian Lord platinum Atlas! Just what I needed tonight :)
Yes congrats and a huge thanks to all of you guys for helping some first timers HM & CM run, only 3 fragments left now. Got a shit ton of loot, two exotics off Oryx alone. Hawkins it was a pleasure to play with you again and nice to meet the rest of you

Wilde

I think I basically got a god roll on this Finnala's Peril:

Cqg_snTUkAEOR0S.jpg:large

Sureshot IS + Rangefinder + Rifled Barrel + Hidden Hand

This is only the second one to ever drop for me, so that's crazy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is the first IB I didn't care to get all my classes to rank five. Rewards aren't great. I'm saving bounties for next IB which should be with Rise.

Kalamari

So what preparations are people doing before the DLC drops? Hording legendary marks? Strange coins?

What's necessary this time around?

Playing crucible, preparing for the eventual gaf doubles tournament, and getting ready in case anyone demands satisfaction in 1v1.

Congrats, Wilde, that's a beauty alright. Max range and max aim assist, difficult to beat.

The mighty Zen Meteor, my first-ever exotic, literally gave its all (0 shots left!) in defeating the Taken King and earning me the title of Guardian Lord.

n0za7uR.jpg

HUGE shout out to Hawkian, Halo & everyone else who stayed patient while my Sunsinger floated into the abyss over & over at those ships, and helped me reach this milestone. I've never worked harder for a platinum.

The mighty Zen Meteor, my first-ever exotic, literally gave its all (0 shots left!) in defeating the Taken King and earning me the title of Guardian Lord.

n0za7uR.jpg

HUGE shout out to Hawkian, Halo & everyone else who stayed patient while my Sunsinger floated into the abyss over & over at those ships, and helped me reach this milestone. I've never worked harder for a platinum.

Congrats Guardian. Feels good as it is such a hard platinum.

NeOak

n0za7uR.jpg

Congrats

I need to level my warlock to get that platinum lol

aarcane

I think I basically got a god roll on this Finnala's Peril:

Cqg_snTUkAEOR0S.jpg:large

Sureshot IS + Rangefinder + Rifled Barrel + Hidden Hand

This is only the second one to ever drop for me, so that's crazy.

That's a perfect roll, better than the one I've got which is the same apart from not having Sureshot. Enjoy actually being able to hit your enemies.

Top Bottom