• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

This is what you need to farm for.....

Cm_Am_NDr_WYAABC8v.jpg

Top of the page, No Need for Edit: ^

😭 it's so beautiful

Might actually consider farming this week. Already got an Imago Loop a long time ago, but it had a terrible roll. Kept it for posterity anyway. Nothing will replace Fatebringer though. That gun was the most wonderful PvE weapon to ever exist.
820,000 posts in Destiny OT alone?
jeezus.

you talk too much

Rehsa

Almost every other raid group, someone peaks at my trials history and keeps asking about you...

stGV00i.jpg

And LFG radiers always ask me about xplicitone, he's fantastic. Let me tell you about xplicitone. I run Trials very well with xplicitone. I love xplicitone. No one loves xplicitone more than me, BELIEVE ME. xplicitone loves me. We're going to have so many flawless runs you are going to get sick of asking about xplicitone. The Xplicitone Trials Win Streak just got 10 more wins. I have the best trials team with xplicitone. And they always ask "Mr. all of my- " - they always say "Mr.", such nice raiders - and they ask me "Mr. All of my hate, do you always run trials with xplicitone" and i tell them we run trials ALL THE TIME ... sometimes .... not often.. okay that one time but it was a great time. I had a great time, he had a great time. We had a great time, let me tell you we had a great time! I go to the Lighthouse, I go to Mercury; I am doing big jobs in Trials. I get various flawless runs. I go to China. They are building a bridge on every corner. They have bridges that make the George Washington Bridge like small time stuff. They're building the most incredible things you have ever seen. They are building airports in the tower--which they like to say "towar" but I've always said "tower" so I'll keep it "tower" what the hell. But here is what’s going to happen. After I’m called by 30 random LFGers who contributed to different raids, after I’m called by all of the special interests and by the donors and by the lobbyists - and they have zero chance at convincing me. Zero. I’ll get a call they next day from the party leader of every raid.

He’ll say, ‘Please reconsider getting you and xplicitone to take me to the lighthouse’

I’ll say, ‘No.’

He’ll say, ‘Mr. All of my hate, we’ve decided to do an account transfer to xplicitone. We’re not going to hold you guys back.’

That’s it. They’ll have no choice. They have no choice. There are hundred of LFGers who say things like that.
Lmao oh man this is great

This OT is filling up rather fast. I'm going to PM Ghaleon now just to make sure we can let it go a little longer than usual to get our ducks in a row.

Was a grand run you guys. Feels good. Many congrats on the Guardian Lord.
Oh damn didn't realize my phone autocorrected you to Hawkins haha my bad, thanks again

rezn0r

This is what you need to farm for.....

I know we bounced posts back and forth a few months ago, and yet again I'm at work, but am I doing it right?

0DeNpSG.png

That's smallbore.

(Serious question about if that's the roll you're talking)

Edit: Nevermind, just saw you type it on Discord :p

This OT is filling up rather fast. I'm going to PM Ghaleon now just to make sure we can let it go a little longer than usual to get our ducks in a row.

Was a grand run you guys. Feels good. Many congrats on the Guardian Lord.

Ghaleon already said in a previous post it's okay if this one runs over.

Screw Imago Loop, I am hoping to get that ugly Titan mark from Undying Mind this week!

...but I would also take an outlaw/firefly Loop if it dropped

Hey guys

As a dedicated player from the alpha through year 1, who left right around house of wolves and has come back to destiny (prodigal son style) I felt sllllightly overwhelmed by all the changes...but this thread really helped me get back up to speed and feeling a little less overwhelmed. Appreciate it!

Anywho, all that to say I am hoping to get into the newbie raids soon here once I get my level up to snuff. PSN Tag is truezeldafan

If anyone else is kinda in my same boat feel free and add me! Or if any of you regulars ever feel like playing with a destiny vet...(who now feels like a newb)..definitely add me as well!

Axoman

As I was getting ready to call it a night, I only needed 7 more primary kills to finish my last weekly on my 3rd character. Even though I already had enough bounties to reach rank 5, I figured I'd play one more game to finish that bounty so I'll have another 25 legendary marks saved up for ROI. So, I finished the bounty in one game and was rewarded with the year 2 IB ship. I had been wanting that for a while.

Kind of fitting that in the last year 2 IB match I'll play in the last year 2 IB, I finally got the year 2 ship.

lt519

Man, I blew up on two people yesterday for no reason at all. Well obviously because I was upset about the news. Never thought it'd hit me so hard. We didn't play a ton together but just thinking about it, myself having just got married, and seeing everyday what kind of person he was in this thread just made me feel so bad for his family.

Thanks for organizing that raid last night Hawkian, made me feel a lot better, just being back in the Destiny world doing a raid.

Anyone up for Oryx tonight at 9pm Pacific on PS4? I am trying to complete my moments of triumph and have yet to try the oryx raid.

I'm light 334 but I am still not sure if I should just jump into hard mode to complete the triumph step and unlock challenge mode or start on normal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for organizing that raid last night Hawkian, made me feel a lot better, just being back in the Destiny world doing a raid.
Kyoto/Atlas is the one to thank I believe, I think the whole thing came about from his request. But it was a great group to be a part of.

Anyone up for Oryx tonight at 9pm Pacific on PS4? I am trying to complete my moments of triumph and have yet to try the oryx raid.

I'm light 334 but I am still not sure if I should just jump into hard mode to complete the triumph step and unlock challenge mode or start on normal.

You can jump into hard straight away, there isn't much different apart from not being able to be revived.

Although going through a normal raid for a first timer would be a better experience to learn the mechanics.

Challenge modes can be done on normal or hard, but you still need to do hard Oryx for the 50th fragment.

Many members of the community will be trying their best to help out those who need to get triumphs done before the next expansion comes out, so keep a lookout at the thread for info.

Hawkian does newbie raids so best check with him when he's scheduled the next one, but time is running out for the challenge modes. This week is Warpriest (23-30), then Golgoroth (30-6), Oryx (6-13) and once again Warpriest (13-20) before RoI comes out.

Whoa whoa, hold up. That titan mark is beautiful.

Pandora no, I thought you were cool :(

Vomit on a butt towel is not cool.

lt519

Is the black spindle supposed to be good? Because t feels so slow

Back in my day (I feel like I can say this now, in the raid last night I was sub 320 and everyone was 330+ haha) it was the best raid sniper because of the no-reload during small DPS windows in fights. Mostly useless as a sniper otherwise.

Kyoto/Atlas is the one to thank I believe, I think the whole thing came about from his request. But it was a great group to be a part of.

Hey, I'm down to do it again any time things line up. I've got a Sleeper Simulant waiting for me at the Gunsmith's right now. 7 fragments away from the Black Spindle.

Yeah looks like my best bet to be able to do one this week is Friday evening.

King's Fall Newbie Raid - Normal Mode - Friday 8/26/16, 6:00PM EST

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

We will do challenge mode since it's Warpriest this week.

Thanks Hawkian, I'll go ahead and sign up. On the newbie raid page it says 8/26/16 - 3:00PM EST. Is it scheduled for 3pm EST or 6pm EST?

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

Do you want me sign up, if I'm volunteering to help?

Pandora no, I thought you were cool :(

Vomit on a butt towel is not cool.

It has an earthy quality to it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Hawkian, I'll go ahead and sign up. On the newbie raid page it says 8/26/16 - 3:00PM EST. Is it scheduled for 3pm EST or 6pm EST?
Oops, thank you, fixed!
Do you want me sign up, if I'm volunteering to help?
Certainly! I mean, if you can make it and definitely want to help sign right up. If it comes down to it and we need to get a slot back for an actual newbie I can always PM you about it.

Oops, thank you, fixed!

Certainly! I mean, if you can make it and definitely want to help sign right up. If it comes down to it and we need to get a slot back for an actual newbie I can always PM you about it.

Cool. Didn't want to steal a space from an actual newbie.

Kukawaki

I signed up a buddy of mine. If the group doesn't fill up by friday afternoon (raid time is midnight for me) I'll sign up to help. Thanks as always Hawk!

JJShadow

Is there any other use for Legendary marks besides purchasing gear from vendors? Should I save them until RoI comes out? (currently sitting at LL 275)

Is there any other use for Legendary marks besides purchasing gear from vendors? Should I save them until RoI comes out? (currently sitting at LL 275)

They are used to infuse gear, 3 marks per infusion. Saving them is a good option for the next expansion.

Although if you are playing regularly, you can easily earn in excess of 200 marks every week. So you can spend them if you want. I'd try and get to 300 light at least before RoI comes out.

Shiv47

Have to echo the sentiments about not wanting to play Clash in IB again. That was a slog. At least I got the Shaxx stuff done while doing it.

NeOak

Signed up. Going to use my Friends account since I'm doing the MoTs for her. If anything I'll make her play and I'll bring my regular char in case we're missing someone.

JJShadow

They are used to infuse gear, 3 marks per infusion. Saving them is a good option for the next expansion.

Although if you are playing regularly, you can easily earn in excess of 200 marks every week. So you can spend them if you want. I'd try and get to 300 light at least before RoI comes out.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm only using them atm to infuse gear, gonna save them until RoI comes out as I'm still getting nice drops every hour or so

GutZ31

You use legendary marks when infusing gear. You need them to buy from the exotic kiosk.
They will come in handy only if you are already close to max light level (330+) for ROI.
Seeing as you are lower level, just buy what looks like it will come in handy. Get a good scout rifle. Strongly suggest the Dead Orbit Hung Jury if you allied with them.

No one sells a good sniper in the tower, but there are quests that give out loot worth keeping. One quest for the vanguard gives you a 1000 yard stare with really good roll. keep that.

I suggest doing the heroic strike playlist if you have the time, pop a rep booster for the vanguard, and level your vanguard and faction of choice together for a chance at some good gear. Not to mention the loot drops from the strikes.

Majek

GutZ31
The Antinomy XVI from New Monarchy is a quite decent PVE sniper for sale. If i didn't have slightly better roll from Gunsmith,i'd be using that more. So i'd recommend it to unequipped returning players.

And the 1000y stare from Vanguard vendor is not that bad either for your first hard hitting sniper.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now that IB clash is over. We're back to our regularly scheduled program. Train tonight. Get your boots and scopes ready.

bhghgh.gif

Melchiah

Good day. I got 330 primary weapon from ranking up Gunsmith, 330 secondary from Dead Orbit, and 330 exotic helmet via ToC on patrol.

Top Bottom