• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ich00

Thursday night is actually looking pretty good for me, too. I'm pretty sure I added you a few days ago, my gamertag is HippoAvenger. Let's preliminarily plan for Thursday around 8pm MST. I'll make another post shortly and have people start signing up. Should we plan for Heroic King's Fall?

Count me in.

Let's see who we get and their level of experience with the raid. If we have enough experience lets do hm, if not maybe just do normal this week to teach the encounters.

Thursday night is actually looking pretty good for me, too. I'm pretty sure I added you a few days ago, my gamertag is HippoAvenger. Let's preliminarily plan for Thursday around 8pm MST. I'll make another post shortly and have people start signing up. Should we plan for Heroic King's Fall?

Count me in for King's fall on Thursday!

Lee

I'm fine with heroic, as long as any new people have light level around 300 to start.

Xbone raid group for Thursday at 8pm MDT. A couple more spots are open. Let me know if you sign up and can't make it and we'll find alternates. The plan right now is normal King's Fall, maybe bumped to heroic based on experience.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Triplike
3. ich00
4. Oblivionmancer

phen0m24

What's the difference? When did the new ones come out?

I just bought the Best Buy protection plan. If they break Best Buy is supposed to give me a new pair.

Deku I meant to say the Elites. I had a pair of those break very quickly, but the Gold pair has held up fairly well.

Yeah looks like my best bet to be able to do one this week is Friday evening.

King's Fall Newbie Raid - Normal Mode - Friday 8/26/16, 6:00PM EST

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

We will do challenge mode since it's Warpriest this week.

I've lurked in this thread for a few weeks, but have never done the raid. I think i'll sign up for this one.

I play a Warlock at LL334 with a Spindle. I'd love to get a ToM, is there a good way to prep for that before running through the raid?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've lurked in this thread for a few weeks, but have never done the raid. I think i'll sign up for this one.

I play a Warlock at LL334 with a Spindle. I'd love to get a ToM, is there a good way to prep for that before running through the raid?
334 is unacceptable for NM King's Fall -___-

You need to run the raid as a part of the quest to get ToM. Make sure you have done as much of the quest as you can in advance of it. I think it's titled "The Old Hunger"? Hopefully I'm not mixing it up with another one from Eris.

Accompanied 5 first timers through their Oryx HM kill; we have been slowly chipping away at this raid together for months as we are close friends IRL, so we never really wanted to introduce LFG players who may have given us a hard time for learning the differences. We finally took him down last night and everyone was super hype and wanted to take a photo op:

834F3B78-DD9B-4C30-9F32-E056DAC5B8B6.png

It made me think of Drizz and how he got to experience that feeling on a daily basis helping every open hand. As tough as the past couple days have been, it's cathartic playing the game he enjoyed so much and helping others. Which reminds me, here is the GoFundMe link for anyone interested in donating since it hasn’t been posted in a few pages: https://www.gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

$2500+ in one day, great showing of support.

Xbone raid group for Thursday at 8pm MDT. A couple more spots are open. Let me know if you sign up and can't make it and we'll find alternates. The plan right now is normal King's Fall, maybe bumped to heroic based on experience.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Triplike
3. ich00
4. Oblivionmancer

I'll sign up as an alternate if you need someone to fill in.

Hello :)

Who should I talk to and where should I ask to get help with the raid. ? I havent done any of them but I can carry myself. markus851218 is my psn :)

Hedgey

Hey guys, I'm trying to clean up my left-over exotic stuff, and I can't seem to get the other two exotic sword quests to trigger on my hunter, after completing Dark Drinker ages ago. Today I transferred over one of the other swords at 277, and infused it to 335. Nothing happened.

Am I missing something?

334 is unacceptable for NM King's Fall -___-

You need to run the raid as a part of the quest to get ToM. Make sure you have done as much of the quest as you can in advance of it. I think it's titled "The Old Hunger"? Hopefully I'm not mixing it up with another one from Eris.

:) ha, yeah I generally stick to Crucible. I figure i should run KF NM at least once so i know what holding gaze and such really is before I hope into HM.

Looks like i'll have to run around the dreadnaught for a while for those fragments before the raid then, i'm reasonably far along that questline IIRC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Who should I talk to and where should I ask to get help with the raid. ? I havent done any of them but I can carry myself. markus851218 is my psn :)
Unfortunately a newbie raid for this Friday filled up very quick but there will be another one next week if you're not able to find a run before then. I'll only be doing King's Fall up until RoI releases because I know a lot of people are still trying to get it completed.

What Light level are you at?
:) ha, yeah I generally stick to Crucible. I figure i should run KF NM at least once so i know what holding gaze and such really is before I hope into HM.

Looks like i'll have to run around the dreadnaught for a while for those fragments before the raid then, i'm reasonably far along that questline IIRC
Hadium Flakes? That sounds right if memory serves. I think the step you want to be on has Eris asking you to collect the "Blade of Famine"

darthbob

Hawkian is a true bro and does weekly newbie Raids to help ease players into the mechanics and stratagem that goes into Destiny Raiding.

Yeah looks like my best bet to be able to do one this week is Friday evening.

King's Fall Newbie Raid - Normal Mode - Friday 8/26/16, 6:00PM EST

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

We will do challenge mode since it's Warpriest this week.

I'd recommend signing up as an Alternate and looking out next week, but there's plenty of folks here who can help out, also check out the Recruitment forum at Bungie.net

XenoRaven

Armor Lock melee battles were dumb, but there was something particularly satisfying about timing your lock at the precise moment an enemy Ghost tried to splatter you.

That's an 11pm start for me, but if you need someone I may be up for a normal run (can do any role/any class).

Hi Guys,

this will come out of nowhere and I apologise for this but I'd like to know if there is Matchmaking for all Raids?

I've played Vanilla Destiny and sold my copy of it but with all the bugs in The Division, I'm startnig to wonder if I should buy Destiny back with all the expansions... seems worth it but my only problem is that I don't have any friends playing it anymore and I don't feel like going on the Internet to find groups and all...

Straight up matchmaking would be ideal for my lazy ass... I'm too old and busy to look around and since this community claims to be the best community... :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

this will come out of nowhere and I apologise for this but I'd like to know if there is Matchmaking for all Raids?

I've played Vanilla Destiny and sold my copy of it but with all the bugs in The Division, I'm startnig to wonder if I should buy Destiny back with all the expansions... seems worth it but my only problem is that I don't have any friends playing it anymore and I don't feel like going on the Internet to find groups and all...

Straight up matchmaking would be ideal for my lazy ass... I'm too old and busy to look around and since this community claims to be the best community... :)

Thanks in advance!

No matchmaking. Just start a list with a time and people will generally join. Most of the people on my friends list are Dgaf people from raids or Trials.

You need to run the raid as a part of the quest to get ToM. Make sure you have done as much of the quest as you can in advance of it. I think it's titled "The Old Hunger"?

You have to start the raid to get The Old Hunger quest from Eris that will lead to the drops from the three encounters in the raid, so start the raid solo and then go back to the tower and talk to her.

What Pandora said, but if you're on some other console than PS4 make sure you mention it since everyone here assumes you're on PS4.

LTWood12

Just wanted to post one last time in Doc's last thread. I'm going to try and be a little kinder, and a bit more patient like our good friend. I'm thankful for all of you that contribute here, and for the bonds of friendship we've been able to form through what was just supposed to be some dumb video game.

Be good to one another. See you in #42. It's going to be special.

Rehsa

Anyone know what the T3 Court boss is this week? I need Kagoor for my last CoO fragment, then just Warpriest CM and Golgoroth CM for the last of them. Also need to run a PoE Sigil for the last two things for my Moments of Triumph. Should start the Hunger Pangs quest also lol

Top Bottom