• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

AEREC

Love this game and have played off and on since launch but have never actually done a raid.

1. Is it hard to find a group here to raid with?

2. Is voice chat integral to success? I don't have a mic at the moment but I'm thinking about getting the PS Gold Headset.

3. How long are raids? It's pretty rare that I have more than 2 hours to play in one sitting.

Kinda bummed that there's a ton of content in the game I can't play since I don't know a group of people who are as into this game as I am.

Yeah looks like my best bet to be able to do one this week is Friday evening.

King's Fall Newbie Raid - Normal Mode - Friday 8/26/16, 6:00PM EST

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

We will do challenge mode since it's Warpriest this week.

Is there anything like this for Xbone Dgaf? I'm starting to get a feel for the Xbone regulars in the OT, if something like this doesn't exist, I'm wondering if we could try to make it happen?

ich00

Is there anything like this for Xbone Dgaf? I'm starting to get a feel for the Xbone regulars in the OT, if something like this doesn't exist, I'm wondering if we could try to make it happen?

I'd be up for getting something like this going. My only issue is that I don't normally get on until later, which makes running the raid a little tougher since it can go kinda late.

Comms

Neo Member
Love this game and have played off and on since launch but have never actually done a raid.

2. Is voice chat integral to success? I don't have a mic at the moment but I'm thinking about getting the PS Gold Headset.

3. How long are raids? It's pretty rare that I have more than 2 hours to play in one sitting.

Kinda bummed that's there's content in the game I can't play since I don't know a group of people who are as into this game as I am.

1. There are special newbie raids run by Hawkian. Who I believe is setting one up on Friday but it's at a set time. Others wise there are LFG options if you don't have luck finding anyone here.

2. As long as you can hear the Sherpa, guide, designated driver you can manage. But voice chat helps and makes it fun.

3. Depends, but with the right team it can be done within two hours, you might need to do a bit of research on the ins and outs of a raid before hand if you want to save time.

What time zone are you? Which raids you looking to do? Current light level? Just some questions to help us narrow down what your looking for.

AEREC

1. There are special newbie raids run by Hawkian. Who I believe is setting one up on Friday but it's at a set time. Others wise there are LFG options if you don't have luck finding anyone here.

2. As long as you can hear you Sherpa, guide, designated driver you can manage. But voice chat helps and makes it fun.

3. Depends, bug with the right team it can be done within two hours, you might need to do a bit of research before had if you want to save time.

What time zone Are you?

PST and on PS4.

Rehsa

Now that IB clash is over. We're back to our regularly scheduled program. Train tonight. Get your boots and scopes ready.

bhghgh.gif
Hey it shows I sniped someone 😃. Those two games were an anomaly playing on your train, I think I had more snipes then than my whole IB week

JJShadow

You use legendary marks when infusing gear. You need them to buy from the exotic kiosk.
They will come in handy only if you are already close to max light level (330+) for ROI.
Seeing as you are lower level, just buy what looks like it will come in handy. Get a good scout rifle. Strongly suggest the Dead Orbit Hung Jury if you allied with them.

No one sells a good sniper in the tower, but there are quests that give out loot worth keeping. One quest for the vanguard gives you a 1000 yard stare with really good roll. keep that.

I suggest doing the heroic strike playlist if you have the time, pop a rep booster for the vanguard, and level your vanguard and faction of choice together for a chance at some good gear. Not to mention the loot drops from the strikes.

Thank for the tips mate! Regarding factions, do they offer the same kind of gear in terms of Light/quality or is there one that excels among them?

Does anyone feel like a vog run?

I know there was some folks yesterday looking for it

I'm interested in this, count me in (for this one and CE as well)

DCX

DCX
I'm at 309 LL, I haven't done Kings Fail Raid yet. How long before I can complete it? What would be an ideal LL?

DCX

Kinda bummed that there's a ton of content in the game I can't play since I don't know a group of people who are as into this game as I am.

1. Nope, generous folks here doing newbie runs multiple times a week, and hardcore dudes in them every day.

2. Voice chat is 100% mandatory. Unlike regular missions, the raids feature tricky puzzles but don't have pointers telling you where to go, or any explanations. They're entirely about coordination and teamwork.

Also:

DO NOT BUY THE PS GOLD HEADSET!!!

I did. It is literally cracked in half in multiple places & falling apart after 6 months of light use, held together by tape. Like, literally just from gently putting it on my head. Many others have the same problems, particularly with the hinges. it's the lowest quality product I've ever seen from Sony.

3. Depends on the raid. The one today took about 3 hrs., but that was the hardest one and I was new. Some can be done in around 40 mins if people know what they're doing.

Harder difficulty strikes are a good option if you have less time & lack voice chat, but still want some team-based loot runs, until you get a headset & can set aside a few hours on a weekend for a raid.

Rehsa

I'm at 309 LL, I haven't done Kings Fail Raid yet. How long before I can complete it? What would be an ideal LL?

DCX
You are good for a Normal mode right now
1. Nope, generous folks here doing newbie runs multiple times a week, and hardcore dudes in them every day.

2. Voice chat is 100% mandatory. Unlike regular missions, the raids feature tricky puzzles but don't have pointers telling you where to go, or any explanations. They're entirely about coordination and teamwork.

Also:

I did. It is literally cracked in half in multiple places & falling apart after 6 months of light use, held together by tape. Like, literally just from gently putting it on my head. Many others have the same problems, particularly with the hinges. it's the lowest quality product I've ever seen from Sony.

3. Depends on the raid. The one today took about 3 hrs., but that was the hardest one and I was new. Some can be done in around 40 mins if people know what they're doing.
I second the do not buy PS headsets, my Silvers cracked as well. Kept the nice Game/Chat volume control USB from it though and use it with my current headphones

Nope

I fully support you and will even help out if I'm online. Don't have the patience or consistent playtime to personally put it together but it's a good idea.

Work has me pretty busy these days, but I'm sure I could try to put something together most weekends for at least one of the days. I feel like it would be a good opportunity for those of us on Xbone to get to know each other and welcome newbies into the fold.

My only worry right now is that I've been away from Destiny for so long, my ability to teach others is way rusty. But once I'm feeling confident again, I'd be happy to lead the organization on this.

I'd be up for getting something like this going. My only issue is that I don't normally get on until later, which makes running the raid a little tougher since it can go kinda late.

When are you usually on? For me, weeknights are rough, unless it's earlier. I work at 7am each week day, that's why I'm leaning towards the weekend. Hopefully even if it runs late on a weekend night, people are okay with losing a little sleep for some raid-goodness.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

this. mine broke the same way and now the right side just hangs there despite being taped. i got it for just $50 but man its insane how this $100 product is so poorly built.

the only problem was that mine broke after a year of use when it out of warranty. sony is pretty good about fixing shit within the one year warranty.

Mine must be blessed. I've had them for about 2 years now. The only damage on them is a small piece that chipped off because I stepped on them by accident.

Small Arms & Super Kill bonus for Challenge of Elders? That's pretty decent. I've been getting 2 or 3 supers per PoE round thanks to my helmet and Bad Juju.

I'll check back later tonight to see if anyone wants to do Sigil with me.

ich00

Work has me pretty busy these days, but I'm sure I could try to put something together most weekends for at least one of the days. I feel like it would be a good opportunity for those of us on Xbone to get to know each other and welcome newbies into the fold.

My only worry right now is that I've been away from Destiny for so long, my ability to teach others is way rusty. But once I'm feeling confident again, I'd be happy to lead the organization on this.

When are you usually on? For me, weeknights are rough, unless it's earlier. I work at 7am each week day, that's why I'm leaning towards the weekend. Hopefully even if it runs late on a weekend night, people are okay with losing a little sleep for some raid-goodness.

Safe start times for me are usually 10pm est, sometimes earlier, just depends on when the wife and kid go to sleep. I can Sherpa any of the raids, I do kings fall weekly and know that pretty well. I can do the other two as well without issue.

I'mnot sure how many xboxers there are, but if nothing else maybe we can get a weekly raid group going in the lead up to roi and throw in a newbie friendly raid as well.

Thank for the tips mate! Regarding factions, do they offer the same kind of gear in terms of Light/quality or is there one that excels among them?

I'm interested in this, count me in (for this one and CE as well)

Awesome. Lets see if we can get a group going.

Need some folks to venture to the depths of the vault

ICON-VII

Neo Member
Now that IB clash is over. We're back to our regularly scheduled program. Train tonight. Get your boots and scopes ready.

bhghgh.gif

Yeah it took me a few matches but I finally rage quit last night playing with a garbage controller. Broke another controller's internal analog components mid widows court match and couldn't aim straight the rest of my time on the train. Won't be going 8-16 again for shits and giggles anymore. Might be time to get a Scuf but I'll break that one too somehow.

Safe start times for me are usually 10pm est, sometimes earlier, just depends on when the wife and kid go to sleep. I can Sherpa any of the raids, I do kings fall weekly and know that pretty well. I can do the other two as well without issue.

I'mnot sure how many xboxers there are, but if nothing else maybe we can get a weekly raid group going in the lead up to roi and throw in a newbie friendly raid as well.

That timing actually works okay for me. I'm on mountain time, so that still puts me at a decent amount of sleep, even if things run a bit long. I'm actually out of town this weekend, but we could try for earlier this week if we have others interested.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah looks like my best bet to be able to do one this week is Friday evening.

King's Fall Newbie Raid - Normal Mode - Friday 8/26/16, 6:00PM EST

If you're interested and you can make it, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

We will do challenge mode since it's Warpriest this week.

Thanks for this!!!

But I will skip out this time. I would be an extreme liability. My light sucks, and my weapons suck. I'll be ready the next go around.

Awesome. Lets see if we can get a group going.

Need some folks to venture to the depths of the vault

I've got a group that regularly likes to raid - roughly 10+ people, but not all of them are, um, people I'd like to stake my reputation on if you catch my drift. I've got one going for tonight (maybe tomorrow) with some good guys, an we're all well versed with the raids, so I'll be happy to fill a slot with any xbox players here, just send me a message!

Lee

I play when my wife is at work and I get the kids to bed, which is usually 8:00-8:30 MST and the days vary. I'll be on this Thursday night, then next Tuesday night, then I have the weekend. Gamertag is Lee.

Mikey Jr.

290 is good enough for the raid.

What light lwvel are you?

If you need some help getting up there let me know

Im 250....

I just back into the game a week ago. Plus, it's better I don't. I have literally 6 midterm exams in 1 week next week. I can't sacrifice too many hours. Thanks though!

Bonus question: is there any point in me doing vog or that Crota raid?

Not too hard, but since there are a lot of players from various countries and timezones, coordinating it takes some time and effort.

Yes and no. Having a mic will help with the experience but it's not mandatory. You can always plug in any regular headphones/earphones into the PS4 controller if you don't have a another mic or headset.

Depends, raids can be done in under an hour or some can take 2-3 hours.

I would suggest trying out the older raids - Vault of Glass and Crota's End before you hop into the current one, King's Fall.

DCX

Fine for normal raid, can even do hard if you have a good sniper.

Yes. Vault of Glass is pinnacle of Destiny raids and everyone should play experience it.

Crota is very short and not that great, but no harm in checking it out.

The loot you get from both these raids will sadly not scale for current level content.

I play when my wife is at work and I get the kids to bed, which is usually 8:00-8:30 MST and the days vary. I'll be on this Thursday night, then next Tuesday night, then I have the weekend. Gamertag is Lee.

Thursday night is actually looking pretty good for me, too. I'm pretty sure I added you a few days ago, my gamertag is HippoAvenger. Let's preliminarily plan for Thursday around 8pm MST. I'll make another post shortly and have people start signing up. Should we plan for Heroic King's Fall?

Im 250....

I just back into the game a week ago. Plus, it's better I don't. I have literally 6 midterm exams in 1 week next week. I can't sacrifice too many hours. Thanks though!

For progression. No

For the best experiences in the game. Hell yes

ocean

Banned
I have a sniper that's primary. Would that be a good gun for the raid?
That is a difficult weapon to use, designed for high skill players in the Crucible (PvP multiplayer).

What you want is a good, solid impact sniper for the raid. Your best options are:

- 1,000 Yard Stare. For sale at the Vanguard weapons robot in the Tower Hangar. A great version is rewarded for completing the Taken War quest line, for free.

- Black Spindle. An Exotic sniper with the highest impact category. You get it for running an alternate route with a special, times challenge in the Heroic Version of a mission called Lost to Light. It's rather difficult for somebody at your Light Level, but some of us would gladly help you get it. You really want this gun.

Eirene: you can buy this from the Tower Gunsmith via his weekly packages, but it's random luck whether he has it on sale any given week.

NeOak

- 1,000 Yard Stare. For sale at the Vanguard weapons robot in the Tower Hangar. A great version is rewarded for completing the Taken War quest line, for free.

Every time someone posts about that one, it hurts to remember that I sharded mine :(

I need to level my titan to get another D:, but I'm happy with the Glass Promonotony I have

I have a sniper that's primary. Would that be a good gun for the raid?

lol

Unless you're crazy like some of us and want to run a raid with nothing but No Land Beyond, nope.

You need a high impact sniper like the 1000 yard stare and Black Spindle.

Ok, cool. Did vog, so won't bother. But I'll def try crota when it comes up. Never did that one.

Is crota/kings fall as fun as vog? Vog was tons of fun. Hide and seek, jumping platforms.

Crota - not really. But check it out once for sure.

King's Fall has its moments, some people like it but general consensus is not that good. If you want end-game loot though, it's your best shot at it.

Top Bottom