• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Got my Spindle, finally. First try tonight with the people I've started raiding with. Don't know how fast we cleared it, but it was 3:20 when the last wave of blights spawned.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally got my Warlock to level 40! Now I just need to finish fully levelling my subclass and getting some decent gear for it. Then I may try out a Sunbreaker Titan....I don't know, I have a level 25 Titan right now, but don't know if I want to grind that out rather than gear hunt for my Warlock. I also don't know if I'd rather go Defender first then Sunbreaker...anyone who's done both got any thoughts?

Also, I've tried to get on the PSN DestinyGAF community to no success. Can one of the community mods add me please? PSN: Berzerk-O.

for PvE, a Defender Titan will always be very much appreciated (esp e.g. King's Fall Raid where it's essential for Oryx and valuable for Totems/Warpriest

Sunbreaker is alright for PvE, good for PvP (though it was VERY good pre-nerf, now he's definitely the best PvP Titan class but doesn't dominate other classes)

Defender for PvP is kinda meh, outside of No Backup Plans/Force Barrier/Shotgunning

ocean

Banned
for PvE, a Defender Titan will always be very much appreciated (esp e.g. King's Fall Raid where it's essential for Oryx and valuable for Totems/Warpriest

Sunbreaker is alright for PvE, good for PvP (though it was VERY good pre-nerf, now he's definitely the best PvP Titan class but doesn't dominate other classes)

Defender for PvP is kinda meh, outside of No Backup Plans/Force Barrier/Shotgunning
Striker is by far the best PvP class tbh

Smiley90

Striker is by far the best PvP class tbh

all depends

for Trials? no

for Control? For sure

for Clash? No

for Salvage? ... fuck salvage

for Rumble? No

for Rift? Tempted to say yes

all depends on playstyle though. Also if they fixed Titan melees as promised, then I'm gonna give Striker another couple bonus points in PvP

ocean

Banned
all depends

for Trials? no

for Control? For sure

for Clash? No

for Salvage? ... fuck salvage

for Rumble? No

for Rift? Tempted to say yes

all depends on playstyle though. Also if they fixed Titan melees as promised, then I'm gonna give Striker another couple bonus points in PvP
I totally screwed up my wording, I meant best Titan PvP subclass. In assuming you do too, in which case I'm really curious what you feel the best choices for each of these game modes are.

Smiley90

I totally screwed up my wording, I meant best Titan PvP subclass. In assuming you do too, in which case I'm really curious what you feel the best choices for each of these game modes are.

I did mean Titan subclass, yes

.. I barely consider ANY Titan subclass the "ultimate" class for PvP, I'm looking at you stormcaller and your absurd Ult

but for Titans only?

Control: Striker (grouped up enemies are FoH fodder)
Trials/Elimination: Sunbreaker (1v3 possible, range)
Clash: Sunbreaker (not enough grouped up enemies for FoH, though if you run an aggressive striker with shoulder charge/double melee/shotgun, I'll give it a tie)
Rumble: Sunbreaker/Striker tie, again depending on what playstyle you prefer. In terms of ultimate: sunbreaker, in terms of non-ult play: striker
Rift: Striker (FoH fodder)
Salvage: fuck salvage

just my opinion at least. I'd argue if you're really good with shotguns, NBP-Defender can be strong too.

.. I barely consider ANY Titan subclass the "ultimate" class for PvP, I'm looking at you stormcaller and your absurd Ult

but for Titans only?

Clash: Sunbreaker (not enough grouped up enemies for FoH, though if you run an aggressive striker with shoulder charge/double melee/shotgun, I'll give it a tie)
Rumble: Sunbreaker/Striker tie, again depending on what playstyle you prefer. In terms of ultimate: sunbreaker, in terms of non-ult play: striker

just my opinion at least. I'd argue if you're really good with shotguns, NBP-Defender can be strong too.
The problem with sunbreakers in trials is when people hear the loud clink, they will immediately start running away or watching all the lanes with snipers, and you really can't beat the Lightning grenade, it's great for holding down chokepoints in trials. Also, FoH is better because it's great for shutting down supers, self res, revives, and if you're good with it, it's an easy kill that most people won't see coming, unlike the loud clink of hammers, and it completely changes the tide of the round. For trials, striker has a better super, better grenade, and a pretty equal melee(imo).

Edit: this is why most Titans you play against are strikers in trials. In the many times I've played trials in y2, I've seen like 90-95% strikers over the other 2. Also, with hammers, odds are, you'll run into a FoH.

Smiley90

The problem with sunbreakers in trials is when people hear the loud clink, they will immediately start running away or watching all the lanes with snipers, and you really can't beat the Lightning grenade, it's great for holding down chokepoints in trials. Also, FoH is better because it's great for shutting down supers, self res, revives, and if you're good with it, it's an easy kill that most people won't see coming, unlike the loud clink of hammers, and it completely changes the tide of the round. For trials, striker has a better super, better grenade, and a pretty equal melee(imo).

The "problem" with sunbreakers can be used to your advantage. Someone pops their sunbreakers, the rest of the team watches them run and catches them in the process. It's great for inducing "panic"

agreed on lightning grenades

I just find that with sunbreakers it's much easier to get >1 kill in trials and even 1v3, whereas with a striker you can't do that. So I disagree that strikers have the better super.

Also sunbreaker has the better melee (with burn), but striker makes up for that with shoulder charge so that's a tie I agree.

Zocano

So I'm only light 315 when I min-max a lot of my old gear, am I fit enough for CoE? Do I need to run Oryx for new gear?

The "problem" with sunbreakers can be used to your advantage. Someone pops their sunbreakers, the rest of the team watches them run and catches them in the process. It's great for inducing "panic"

I just find that with sunbreakers it's much easier to get >1 kill in trials and even 1v3, whereas with a striker you can't do that. So I disagree that strikers have the better super.

Also sunbreaker has the better melee (with burn), but striker makes up for that with shoulder charge so that's a tie I agree.
Yeah but with striker, it's easier to catch guys off guard in a 1v3, allowing you to even the odds and allow you to get revives. Also in 1v3, the enemy will just team shoot the crap out of your hammers if they are decent players, and it will be all for nothing. I understand the panic method, and that can work, but if you're against good players, they can easily take advantage of your hammers and make it look like they are panicking, and then catch you in a trap and give them an easy kill. Imo, lightning grenades with armamentarium beats anything that sunbreakers have, they are insanely good.

todd360

In my experience striker>sunbreaker in trials hands down. Hammer sucks nowadays.

3HYvo2z.gif

ocean

Banned

but for Titans only?

I feel most of this comparison is focused on supers though. Strikers have a sprint shield which makes them goddamn menaces when pushing with a shotty since that shield can eat a golden gun shot. They have one of the most versatile grenades in the game for area denial, potential for highest armor in the game (enough to eat Flux grenade or shoulder charge), the all-versatile shoulder charge...

Defenders are great when playing Control in a team but I don't see Sunbreakers being optimal anywhere. Amazing super but that's about it.

But you know opinions :)

todd360

I can't remember the last time I saw a sunbreaker in trials since it got nerfed, they're all strikers now.

I kinda miss them sometimes. Striker always pisses me off since its a hard counter to shock city. I could beat sunbreakers sometimes or at least run away.

Deku Tree

So I'm only light 315 when I min-max a lot of my old gear, am I fit enough for CoE? Do I need to run Oryx for new gear?

Final round of CoE is LL 330. Very doable if you have two solid similar LL friends. You can also donate stuff for rank ups at the factions to get higher LL gear.

I kinda miss them sometimes. Striker always pisses me off since its a hard counter to shock city. I could beat sunbreakers sometimes or at least run away.
I know what you mean, every time I use my arc blade I'm always saying in my head, "please don't run into a Titan, please don't run into a Titan, please don't run into a Titan", and then the first guy I run into is Titan. I. Hate. Titans.
Well, more like I hate strikers, the other two are cool with me.

Rehsa

A bit late posting this, but while I was here
Those gentlemen were taking my Guardian here
Super appreciate that guys, hope it was some what smooth on my scrubby account (I know how you really feel Drizz ;p) Not sure what you had to do to get my 1K stare up to 320 or my artifact up there but thanks :D. Ended up with
& a chest piece with scout and sniper ammo heh. I hope you really rocked this shader the whole time lol
Cat Emblem Hype! Hope you are enjoying that Netduma bro, I'd buy you all beers and more if I could. Thanks again, I hope someone streamed and archived would love to watch.

X-Frame

Not sure I agree with the last part.

Sunstrike's damage is spread over DoT (initial impact is 104), whereas Storm Fist's damage is front-loaded and immediate (initial impact is 158). This means you have a higher chance of getting the instant kill with a Storm Fist hit to regen health with Transfusion than you are with Sunstrike to regen health with Cauterize. Thermal Vent only adds +13 initial damage. Plus, Sunstrike was nerfed in DoT ticks last December patch. Storm Fist on the other hand was buffed quite noticeably.

Given that information I personally find Storm Fist a lot more powerful and reliable in finishing people off. Just 1 hand cannon body shot + Storm Fist is enough to kill everyone as far as I know.

And that's not even taking into account Shoulder Charge (or Juggernaut to close gaps much easier to then get the punch kill).

Mentok

Banned

Cool, thanks for the head's up!

but for Titans only?

See I was considering trying Stormcaller after I fully upgraded my Sunsinger.... now you're making me interested in doing that over my Titan class. Also, I would've never considered Striker so viable (def. good to know)

Mindlog

Load into a skirmish match.
See 2 players as a team.
Examine 3 other loadouts.

"I bet the teams are those two and the guardian with that loadout.
These two loadouts will be on my team."

Be totally correct.

A bit late posting this, but while I was here

Those gentlemen were taking my Guardian here

Super appreciate that guys, hope it was some what smooth on my scrubby account (I know how you really feel Drizz ;p) Not sure what you had to do to get my 1K stare up to 320 or my artifact up there but thanks :D. Ended up with

& a chest piece with scout and sniper ammo heh. I hope you really rocked this shader the whole time lol

Cat Emblem Hype! Hope you are enjoying that Netduma bro, I'd buy you all beers and more if I could. Thanks again, I hope someone streamed and archived would love to watch.

Nice! I might have streamed haha I'll have to check.

Top Bottom