• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The game just boggles my mind some times. I just missed a nova bomb point blank. How the hell is that even possible.

Dave_6

Damn I suck at PvP with my Warlock. It doesn't make any sense, using the same weapons and I'm so much better on average with my Hunter and Titan.

What's a good setup to run with a Warlock?

hoggert

Well, for once I was that guy. One shot some poor, at full health dude with a single melee while none of my teammates were nearby/made an assist. Almost makes up for all the times I've been matched against full fireteams from South America or Europe and oh god just fuck Iron Banner. Now that I got a 335 Ghost, never coming back unless there's another decent God roll weapon.

Damn I suck at PvP with my Warlock. It doesn't make any sense, using the same weapons and I'm so much better on average with my Hunter and Titan.

What's a good setup to run with a Warlock?

As much Disc/Str as possible and use Voidfang, copy this and switch fireborn to radiant skin

destiny-sunsinger-class-guide-pvp-firebolt-trials-build-1024x526.jpg

Lots of lag switchers in IB this go around. Perfectly fine until you shoot at them. They magically vanish and are behind you. Only they can't seem to finish the job and you turn around and they vanish again.

Manp

i only need a 335 chest piece to get one of my characters to 335. since i can't run raid because the people i usually play with have largely moved to other stuff (can't really blame them. still love you guys! :p ) i have been farming strikes for exotic engrams.

i've been using from 20 to 40 3oc a week since the past 4 weeks... and not a single exotic chest engram has dropped.
i mostly got gloves and secondary weapons... probably around 10 or 12 secondary weapons engrams and none has been Zen Meteor. 90% of those decrypted to Hereafter :\

i'm also after some Y1 legendaries like TDYK or LDR but all the engrams i find or buy from the cryptarch always decrypt to either 1000 yard stare or some crappy vanguard auto rifle :|

on the other hand i got this the other day:

:)

WeTeHa

i've been using from 20 to 40 3oc a week since the past 4 weeks... and not a single exotic chest engram has dropped.
i mostly got gloves and secondary weapons... probably around 10 or 12 secondary weapons engrams and none has been Zen Meteor. 90% of those decrypted to Hereafter :\

on the other hand i got this the other day:
:)
Does it have a range perk? I have one with firefly and no range perk and one with outlaw and a range perk, and I prefer outlaw+rifled barrel by far. Actually connecting the head shots feels much better to me with rifled barrel.

I also keep getting special engrams. Quite annoying, all I really want is helmet and chest. I currently have 14 engrams in my vault, 6 of them are special weapons.

Dave_6

As much Disc/Str as possible and use Voidfang, copy this and switch fireborn to radiant skin

destiny-sunsinger-class-guide-pvp-firebolt-trials-build-1024x526.jpg

Thanks, just need to get a Y2 Voidfang :/

Edit: Damn, I do have Voidfang; 335 with Int/Disc. No ideal perks for Sunsinger (has Arc abilities) so I guess I need to reroll it.

Manp

They only come from Crucible or Vangard rank-up packages.

told you i've been farming strikes for more than a month now. i must have ranked up vanguard like more than 20 times across 3 characters. i only got 3 badgers with shitty perks :|

Does it have a range perk? I have one with firefly and no range perk and one with outlaw and a range perk, and I prefer outlaw+rifled barrel by far. Actually connecting the head shots feels much better to me with rifled barrel.

I also keep getting special engrams. Quite annoying, all I really want is helmet and chest. I currently have 14 engrams in my vault, 6 of them are special weapons.

no range perks. yeah hand cannons are no longer what they used to be but i can cope :|

told you i've been farming strikes for more than a month now. i must have ranked up vanguard like more than 20 times across 3 characters. i only got 3 badgers with shitty perks :|

Yeah, but you also said you were buying engrams from the crypt arch hoping for items that can't decode from them— so I was just trying to save your marks in case Dead Orbit has a good Hung Jury next week
lol

hoggert

After trying all morning to solo Lost to Light, I finally managed to do get everything down with a minute to spare. But the mission doesn't end lol. Turns out a taken captain had teleported underneath the stairwell in the back of the room and was barely showing up on my mini-map. My hands are shaking 😵

aarcane

3 characters at rank 5 in IB and not a single chest piece drop, the one thing I actually needed.

I think it might be time to take a break from Destiny. Between the bullshit RNG and sweat-drenched lagfests in the crucible, this game is really pissing me off. I've still got a ton of things left to do in the game, like finishing the King's Fall raid or going to the lighthouse, but I'm not sure how much I care anymore. Leave happy? Yeah, good one.

Despite all this, I'll probably be playing again tomorrow.

shermas

3 characters at rank 5 in IB and not a single chest piece drop, the one thing I actually needed.

I think it might be time to take a break from Destiny. Between the bullshit RNG and sweat-drenched lagfests in the crucible, this game is really pissing me off. I've still got a ton of things left to do in the game, like finishing the King's Fall raid or going to the lighthouse, but I'm not sure how much I care anymore. Leave happy? Yeah, good one.

RNG is brutal. I have one IB toon at level 4 (haven't even started ranking up the other 2 yet) and I've already had two or three chest pieces drop, but no gloves (which is all I need). :(

I'm gonna be grinding the other two toons most of the day. :( :(

Gammacide

I totally understand how you feel. See that V1ctIm guy on Igor's screen capture? That's me. DGAF has been amazing at helping players accomplish goals and improve their play. Despite arguably screwing up our flawless run yesterday, I learned a lot the hard way (the best way). RNG and lag have been unfair to most of us at one point or another, but the one constant is this community. I'll keep playing as long as you guys are all here to make it and me better.

WeTeHa

no range perks. yeah hand cannons are no longer what they used to be but i can cope :|

I've never played with year 1 handcannons, but my imago loop with rifled barrel (62 range) and outlaw feels pretty damn good. In contrast, I have a revelator from a crucible weekly thing with 17 range and outlaw, and that gun feels so bad.

Trakan

I've never played with year 1 handcannons, but my imago loop with rifled barrel (62 range) and outlaw feels pretty damn good. In contrast, I have a revelator from a crucible weekly thing with 17 range and outlaw, and that gun feels so bad.

Imagine that there was no range stat. Handcannons just hit people from as far away as scout rifles.

Manp

Yeah, but you also said you were buying engrams from the crypt arch hoping for items that can't decode from them— so I was just trying to save your marks in case Dead Orbit has a good Hung Jury next week
lol

i must have got 5 or 6 primary engrams from cryptarch and they *all* decoded to Questing Beast or Antipodal Hindsight :|
there's not much else to do with marks anyway :(

Got the Long Tomorrow chest piece. Looks cool. Will upgrade for style.

And i got the Stolen Will also, with range finder. Fun.

And i bought the vendor versions of the IB guns. I like my thesan better.

So many Golden Gun stops this IB.

Was watching the brothers grimsby. Haven't laughed so hard to a movie in a while. Movie doesn't hold back.

I need to learn how to snipe like this. I can't seem to 'connect' to the relationship of where to put the reticule (even though it seems obvious). It's almost like there's some sort of shooting while the reticule is in motion, and that somehow helps the AA.

Maybe I hold the scope too still for it to work like it does for everyone else.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No need. It's rainy and muggy. Anything above high 70s feels bad. No fireworks because of obvious reasons. It's been raining like 75% of the week for like three weeks now.

Overwatch is like the LOL of FPS. It's not for me. Don't like the movement and kills don't seem satisfying.

I've been playing this game a lot with some rl friends lately after not having really dove into this since the vanilla days.

It's really cool to see how many multiplayer maps they added since then, but in the past weeks I literally haven't ever come across two of the old Mars maps, or that Moon map with the interceptors. Are they out of the rotation or is this just the random map selection being weird?

Also, what weapons are the best for PvP? I used Hand Cannons back in the day, but I heard they nerfed those.

aarcane

I totally understand how you feel. See that V1ctIm guy on Igor's screen capture? That's me. DGAF has been amazing at helping players accomplish goals and improve their play. Despite arguably screwing up our flawless run yesterday, I learned a lot the hard way (the best way). RNG and lag have been unfair to most of us at one point or another, but the one constant is this community. I'll keep playing as long as you guys are all here to make it and me better.

If it wasn't for DGAF, I'd have stopped playing a long time ago. I just needed to vent. I still want to do the things I haven't done yet (KF, lighthouse, even the damn Black Spindle), but the obstacles the game puts in your path can be so annoying that it makes you want to stop. Give me a day or two to chill out and I'll be back.

Top Bottom