• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Toddler

SRjMPBe.jpg

Pre-order loot dropped

Perineum

So the avatar request thread is dead as shit...so I was wondering could someone avaterize the image for me below, with potential black border if it looks good that way? Not sure what scale to use to make it look best.

My hype is through the roof, and I need a picture to solidfy it.

destiny-2-teaser-0328-470x310@2x.jpg

Which parts of the revamped Crota's End raid offer what rewards? If I do venture down in that pit again I'm only interested in the Fang, Abyss, and Word of Crota weapon wise and the Unyielding Casque gear wise.

Do these require Challenge Mode completions in order to drop?

FiraB

Banned
Which parts of the revamped Crota's End raid offer what rewards? If I do venture down in that pit again I'm only interested in the Fang, Abyss, and Word of Crota weapon wise and the Unyielding Casque gear wise.

Do these require Challenge Mode completions in order to drop?
Armor is fair game but those weapons are locked behind challenge modes. But those challenges arent hard so its just a matter of luck.

Lima

Was watching some streams just because I love Crota so much. Bad swordbearers all around. 3 swords to kill him LUL

smh

Mindlog

Wanted to get a Husk before trying Crota.
Wanted to use Necrochasm for fun in arc strikes.
Killed a bunch of Ogres.
No Husk.

Now don't feel like playing at all anymore.
Guardian death by RNG 😕

Killed a bunch of Ogres.
No Husk.

Guardian death by RNG 😕
I think I was at 20 or 21 ogres killed before my husk dropped. Meanwhile one of clanmates got three in a row lol

Crota challenge complete! Some damn wonkiness went on with my camera when his Oversoul popped and almost made me blow it. Classic Crotes.

Preordered the PC LE at GameStop and got the cool lil Cayde-6 figure. The website mentioned it wouldn't be available until release so that was a nice surprise. I'll pick up Destiny 2 digitally on console.

EnlhYlp.gif

Killed a bunch of Ogres.
No Husk.

Guardian death by RNG 😕

I think I was at 20 or 21 ogres killed before my husk dropped. Meanwhile one of clanmates got three in a row lol

I got lucky with only 3. I did plenty of other hive kills before that though so could have been luckier I guess.

phen0m24

Checking in.

Trailer was fun. Cayde still awesome.

Two Crota kills in, four challenges done.

DGAF still best GAF.

PS: We miss you Dr. Drizzay!!!

chur

Damn you wind! Give me back my internet connection.

If the weather isn't perfect, there are internet/power outages in LA.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Shout out to D_psipher and Jest Chillin for a fun Nightfall.
My apologies for the rocky start. Titan is my worst class, and I haven't played her in months. Bit rusty.

Shout to Jest Chillin and GibbShift for trying to queue up for some Challenge of the Elders. Sadly, Jest Chillin had to run an errand and didn't wind up making it. Subbed in a non-GAFfer buddy of mine as our third, and we knocked that out of the park.

Then said friend and I started to form up our raid for the evening (our second Crota run of the), but found ourselves missing a player. GibbShift joined in! We laughed at my fuck ups. We cried at my fuck ups. But we managed to knock out both challenges, AND managed to finish up Ir Yut in under 2 minutes for that damn record book node. This group (minus GibbShift) knocked out all challenges Tuesday, but only managed to clear Ir Yut in 2:05 and then 2:01 before we decided to just move on and finish it.

So many thanks to D_psipher, Jest Chillin, and GibbShift. I'll be around tomorrow and this weekend if you guys would like to tackle any additional nightfalls (need one for my Hunter) or Challenge of the Elders (need one for my Titan and the Hunter, once she clears the NF).

Fun times!

Foxxsoxx

I'm going to sound like a whiner but I really hope Bungie completely changes their matchmaking for D2.

I really have never played a game with matchmaking as awful as Destiny.

This happens every single match. Constant parties of 5 and 6 going against the trashiest teammates the game can find. Consistently.

This is the reason I always quit this game after an update. I've never played a game where my teammates are garbage every single match.

17492290_1157586821030091_8557998733543984361_o.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Well no need to run CE anymore. Got everything. Bring on VOG.

Kind of funny year two doesn't get any love

I haven't run it yet, won't be able to until Saturday. You already got a complete armor set and all the weapons, including the exotic primaries?

Bold One

Crota challenge complete! Some damn wonkiness went on with my camera when his Oversoul popped and almost made me blow it. Classic Crotes.

Preordered the PC LE at GameStop and got the cool lil Cayde-6 figure. The website mentioned it wouldn't be available until release so that was a nice surprise. I'll pick up Destiny 2 digitally on console.

EnlhYlp.gif

I don't recognise any of the loot you just got and I am very very jealous!

I don't recognise any of the loot you just got and I am very very jealous!

wesley got em; they're drops from y1 Crota's End up to 400. The elemental damage is removed from legendary primaries and instead there is an alternate exotic Adept version that feature the elemental, like the Oversoul Edict.

EnlhYlp.gif

Did that kill tip you over into rank 25 for Lakshmi as well? or is that the book bugging out?

WipedOut

EnlhYlp.gif

But which console? I'm Sticking with PS4. Haven't touched xbox since ROI started.

I really hope D2 raids are harder and longer. Even when certain fire teams have the raid on Farm mode The raid should take a minimum 2 hours to complete.

The raids as they are now are to short and easy. A fire team completes it within the first 24 hours. Make that shit harder and longer bungie.

The raids are not for casuals anyway as there ain't no match making for it

ZeoVGM

Banned
I really hope D2 raids are harder and longer. Even when certain fire teams have the raid on Farm mode The raid should take a minimum 2 hours to complete.

The raids as they are now are to short and easy. A fire team completes it within the first 24 hours. Make that shit harder and longer bungie.

The raids are not for casuals anyway as there ain't no match making for it

There's a balance between "not for casuals" and "we actually want people to play it." Making them longer and harder would be awful. Raids are difficult. They're not supposed to be impossible.

And they're already plenty long aside from Crota's End. I mean, I certainly wouldn't have wanted King's Fall to be "longer and harder" than it was.

There's a balance between "not for casuals" and "we actually want people to play it." Making them longer and harder would be awful. Raids are difficult. They're not supposed to be impossible.

And they're already plenty long aside from Crota's End. I mean, I certainly wouldn't have wanted King's Fall to be "longer and harder" than it was.

Agreed - IMHO they are fine as they are. Sure if you have a clan of 6 good to excellent players they will be too easy on farm...but IMHO the majority of raiders (which are the minority of players) are at least partially relying on LFG...The raids are more than enough for current LFG sites, even though the vast majority of people on the LFG sites should be dedicated players by now.

I also wouldn't want them to get any easier!

But which console? I'm Sticking with PS4. Haven't touched xbox since ROI started.

I am going to pick it up on both consoles again; I still have friends on Xbox who I haven’t abandoned ;) Waiting on word for what’s going on with PC crossplay (guessing no) but assuming that it’s worth it I’ll probably end up playing all 3 to some extent and PC primarily.

Chille

Killed a bunch of Ogres.
No Husk.

Guardian death by RNG 😕

Lol I have the Husk but given up the idea on getting a Necrochasm, needs the raid and I haven't even beaten hard mode crota yet.

WipedOut

I am going to pick it up on both consoles again; I still have friends on Xbox who I haven’t abandoned ;) Waiting on word for what’s going on with PC crossplay (guessing no) but assuming that it’s worth it I’ll probably end up playing all 3 to some extent and PC primarily.

I'm still holding out for hope that your account will work across all consoles. That way you can just take your character wherever. (It won't happen of course)

D_psipher

Killed a bunch of Ogres.
No Husk.

Guardian death by RNG 😕

I got three Husks yesterday. All from the two Ogres at the beginning of the Nightfall. I wasn't trying to farm them. Two Nightfalls on two different characters and a wipe got me mine. I would start there. As usual the drop rate seems to be higher during the Nightfall.

Top Bottom