• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

Is PvP the best place to get a random strange coin?

I need one single coin for xur for a bounty and I cannot for the life of me seem to get one :( I don't want to have to wait another week...

I've already done the nightfall and heroic strike too :(

Is PvP the best place to get a random strange coin?

I need one single coin for xur for a bounty and I cannot for the life of me seem to get one :( I don't want to have to wait another week...

I've already done the nightfall and heroic strike too :(

Better off spamming the Vanguard Tiger playlist and hope you get one from an engram.

Seibmoz

there are 7 just like there are on normal

checkpoint after opening the door/before templar
checkpoint after the 3 conflux waves
checkpoint after the oracles
checkpoint after defeating the templar/at the gorgon maze
checkpoint after the gorgon maze/at the jumping puzzle
checkpoint after the jumping puzzle/at the beginning of the vault of glass
checkpoint after defeating the gatekeepers/at atheon

you can respawn during the non-combat phases, but you can't be revived during battle phases until you reach a checkpoint. in some cases, it's better to wipe and start over if you're down a player.
Thanks for the info!

RedFury

i wish the enemies in this game were more unique and diverse. "hey, i'm an alien biped"; "hey, i'm an alien biped with 4 arms and 6 eyes"; "hey, i'm a flying alien biped"

Where are the dudes with two heads and long bodies who climb on walls? Or the big tree trunk guys who split into smaller enemies when you shoot them?

Nope, the darkness is just a bunch of colorful, goofy looking aliens who shoot pew pew guns and growl. hard to believe we lost the solar system to shanks.
Convergent evolution bro.

gatti-man

became legend, now what?

gncnhFv.jpg

Get a better shader?

BOOM

SharkJAW

Wow, fuck invective. "Well, if you manage to play your way to get consideraby out of reach of one-shot range, you'll still have to worry about a burst shotgun that can kill you from extended range."

All shotguns do is add to frustration in an already low ttk game. Bring on the nerfs.

nib95

Banned
Head to the west part of the Tower. When you get to that area he's straight ahead by the railing.

Cheers. Bought Ice Breaker and Helm of Inmost Light just for the hell of it. Plus an Exotic Engram that turned in to some Hunter helm (Third Eye). I'm a Titan lol.

Get a better shader?

BOOM

i have over a dozen and they're all ugly.

blacksmith
million million
broadsword
chatterwhite
polar oak
cytherean bloom
rosegold
gilgamesh
jester apogee
lunar elegy
aurora blur
cicero
achilles
thunderdevil
provincial royale

and i'm wearing bloodpact. maybe i'll rank up dead orbit and try to get one of the black ones.

mcfrank

I have somehow managed to log 50+ hours with this game and still not had an exotic bounty. Most of my friends are on their 3rd by now. grrr

(Just hoping complaining will make one pop tomorrow)

gatti-man

i have around 20 and they're all ugly.

maybe i'll rank up dead orbit and try to get one of the black ones.

I like chatterwhite myself but thats on my titan. Dont have a high level hunter yet. Warlock is lvl 25, titan is 29 just need the boots from raid and im 30.

became legend, now what?

gncnhFv.jpg

Get your other two classes up too. My lock is 30, hunter is 27 but is only the raid boots away from being able to get to 30 once I grind bounties to upgrade my gear. Titan is 28 but only has chest piece from raid and I use the crest of alpha lupi so I'm going to need to keep doing hard mode to get the dang helm to get him to 30.

I bought two Icebreakers so I only need to transfer if I'm playing my hunter now.

Got three Vision of Confluences so all 3 have their own.

Got two Hezen's Vengeance from raid and one Gjallarhorn so all 3 have a primo rocket launcher.

Got two Praedyth's Revenge sniper rifles from raid too, so I've got a great secondary even when rocking my Gjallarhorn, and a good basic secondary if I don't feel like using the Icebreaker.

Got Vex Mythoclast too, but don't really care for it tbh. Also have that legendary fusion rifle from the raid (can't remember name) but I doubt I'll use it often.

Sitting in vault: Suros Regime, Pocket Infinity, Invective, and Bad Juju. I discarded the bounty for Thorn (hate hand cannons anyway). Sorry guys, but my exotic slot is taken by Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker, lol.

broadsword

Broadsword looks kick ass on the raid chest piece for warlocks. For some reason it changes the colors from one flat color for the majority of the cloak to an army camouflage thing. Looks boss.

Ya know the icebreaker is great and all, and that regenerating ammo is a godsend if you're cheesing a boss fight, but overall I think the Gjallarhorn is far superior for my exotic slot. I do like 25k dmg to Aetheon with it (12-13k initial blast, loads more from rocket clusters after). It can one-shot minotaurs and prometheans in the raid, even on hard if direct hit, and it clears an entire area of enemies (think the 'summons his legions' during templar fight) just like supers do. It's like having a super ready.... all.the.time.

Gjallarhorn ftw man, so so glad I bought it when Xur had it. Fully upgraded it's godly.

Yea man i LOVE Gjallahorn. Even during hardmode i was rocking the gatekeepers with it. BUT i love having unlimited ammo and having it do sooo much damage. I will be switching back and forth.

I like chatterwhite myself but thats on my titan. Dont have a high level hunter yet. Warlock is lvl 25, titan is 29 just need the boots from raid and im 30.

the light gray pants don't put enough contrast against the cloak

nYu3sDK.jpg

the bronze on the iron banner shader is a bit too saturated too.

UBP3w98.jpg

Get your other two classes up too. My lock is 30, hunter is 27 but is only the raid boots away from being able to get to 30 once I grind bounties to upgrade my gear. Titan is 28 but only has chest piece from raid and I use the crest of alpha lupi so I'm going to need to keep doing hard mode to get the dang helm to get him to 30.

I bought two Icebreakers so I only need to transfer if I'm playing my hunter now.

Got three Vision of Confluences so all 3 have their own.

Got two Hezen's Vengeance from raid and one Gjallarhorn so all 3 have a primo rocket launcher.

Got two Praedyth's Revenge sniper rifles from raid too, so I've got a great secondary even when rocking my Gjallarhorn, and a good basic secondary if I don't feel like using the Icebreaker.

Got Vex Mythoclast too, but don't really care for it tbh. Also have that legendary fusion rifle from the raid (can't remember name) but I doubt I'll use it often.

Sitting in vault: Suros Regime, Pocket Infinity, Invective, and Bad Juju. I discarded the bounty for Thorn (hate hand cannons anyway). Sorry guys, but my exotic slot is taken by Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker, lol.

Broadsword looks kick ass on the raid chest piece for warlocks. For some reason it changes the colors from one flat color for the majority of the cloak to an army camouflage thing. Looks boss.

eh, i'm sure i'll level up the other classes eventually, but i really cannot stand either of their jump abilities. makes them less enjoyable to play, which makes an already boring grind worse.

i don't like broadsword on the hunter. the camo pattern is embarrassing.

SighFight

I have somehow managed to log 50+ hours with this game and still not had an exotic bounty. Most of my friends are on their 3rd by now. grrr

(Just hoping complaining will make one pop tomorrow)

Im also at 50h and have no exotic item yet. But since I just got full legendary armor I did not expect to have one already.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I'm looking for some iron banner players.
Getting sick of all the people who leave or sit down in a corner when the team is only 1k or 2k behind.

Tahnit

Banned
Finished my first time through a raid using destinylfg.net

WHY did bungie hide this amazing content behind such a wall. More people need to see this. It gets me excited about the future of destiny. if they can make strikes have even remotely close to the mechanics in this raid things are going to be awesome.

RedFury

I'm looking for some iron banner players.
Getting sick of all the people who leave or sit down in a corner when the team is only 1k or 2k behind.
Calling it a night. I'm so close to lvl3 I want to finish it. Had quite a few games with xlikx and only lost one I think. I'll be on tomorrow morning hit me up if you want. -RedFury03

LiK

FUCKING HELL. Almost got the kill 10 guardians without dying bounty. Was two away and it decides to dump me into the middle of a game in progress and the 10th guy is some warlock with a shield. Fuck that. Such bad luck.

GG RedFury, you left me too early :(

Kamina

Golden Boy
Calling it a night. I'm so close to lvl3 I want to finish it. Had quite a few games with xlikx and only lost one I think. I'll be on tomorrow morning hit me up if you want. -RedFury03
The Thing is: For me it is already "tomorrow morning"... Lol

Ambitious

Did my first raid yesterday. It was actually pretty fun and didn't even take much time, though I have to admit we pushed Atheon down. In terms of loot I only got Chatterwhite and three shards, but thanks to the shards I'm now finally at level 28. And Chatterwhite goes very well with my red New Monarchy cloak, so that's cool too.

Omni

A day after buying Ice Breaker I unlock the sniper that gives you active camo while zoomed in from a level 24 strike. Crazy

Sucks we can't use two exotic weapons at once though

Sullichin

A day after buying Ice Breaker I unlock the sniper that gives you active camo while zoomed in from a level 24 strike. Crazy

Sucks we can't use two exotic weapons at once though
It's not very useful really. It goes away the second you shoot. PVE enemies seem to know where you are instantly and the red glare gives you away in PVP anyway.

What's a quick and reliable way to level an alt? Would, for example, switching to the level <20 alt just before engaging the final boss of a weekly nightfall or heroic strike net a decent amount of experience or would it just be useful for getting a second (and third) round of drops/coins?

Also if someone wants to help me do this with my level 2 alts... :p

The Lucky Raspberry for the hunter is really good for pvp. As helpful as the Knucklehead Helmet and it's constant radar while ads was, I think I prefer being having an upgraded grenade and spawning with a fresh one after every death.

Also, just got a rare Galahad E with the same slower fire rate/higher damage perk as the Suros Regime. Both guns handle the same too, it's just that the Suros has a few extra abilities is all. This slower fire rate/higher damage perk seems like it's a really rare, it's probably the second gun I've gotten that's had this ability. Well regardless, it's a pretty handy gun to have, since now I can roll with an exotic secondary and still pack a mean punch with my primary.

What's a quick and reliable way to level an alt? Would, for example, switching to the level <20 alt just before engaging the final boss of a weekly nightfall or heroic strike net a decent amount of experience or would it just be useful for getting a second (and third) round of drops/coins?

Also if someone wants to help me do this with my level 2 alts... :p

I don't think either have checkpoints, but you wouldn't be able to do that anyway. Best to do heroic missions and bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom