• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
supposed to be 6v6 with vehicles. at first it was just control and clash but i think they changed it to just first light and bastion with clash/control.
Wow. Sounds completely pointless. Vehicle combat isn't even that interesting in this game, which is a shame since it's so fun in the Halo games.

They should make it an 8 vs 8 mode. I think that would be a little better, otherwise it just seems like a normal mode.

anddo0

*Looks around*

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the raid patch? I went through it twice, don't really plan on doing it again unless I'm on a fun team or somehow a hard raid team materializes. Just how often do you guys do that mission?

I run it at least 3 times a week.

The patch matters, it takes away strategy.. No idea what Bungie is thinking. Now everything in this game is completely random.

rdrr gnr

I can't get past his paragraph in the BWU:

Are we playing the same game?
The Vex are on Venus and Bungie is somewhere beyond the Kuiper belt. It seems to be part arrogance, stubbornness, and just a sprinkle of good old-fashioned groupthink and stupidity.

amar212

Please Destiny GAF, support my cause:

I simply want t patch that will give us an option for the transparent HUD. My Panasonic plasma is crying after one month of playing.

I can't wash the HUD anymore, I know it will go away with time, but transparent HUD would solve anything.

Please, support me with positive answer here on Feedback forum:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/73663522/0/0

Thank you!

TTG

That's... a lot of raiding. You can't stand the stench of the lowly level 29 rating or is it the lack of a mythoclast that won't let you rest?

Wow. Sounds completely pointless. Vehicle combat isn't even that interesting in this game, which is a shame since it's so fun in the Halo games.

They should make it an 8 vs 8 mode. I think that would be a little better, otherwise it just seems like a normal mode.

it's kinda redundant but i like playing it more than the regular clash and control playlists.

I spent the last hour doing the cheese on Atheon with my Titan, Pulse Grenade and Fist of Havoc. Everytime I messed up my Fist of Havoc I would have to wait and die constantly to recharge it.

All I got. Was Chatterwhite and Energy. Thank you RNGesus, this is how you've done me in every loot game I ever played.

/angrily remembers 3 weeks straight of Heroic Violet Hold for Staff of Trickery.

anddo0

That's... a lot of raiding. You can't stand the stench of the lowly level 29 rating or is it the lack of a mythoclast that won't let you rest?

I have Mythoclast.. Still a decent gun, but after the nerf it's sitting in my vault.

Like many, it's the push for 30.. I need one more piece to get me there.
I've been 29 for far too long. If it weren't for raiding, I'd probably retire this game until DLC.

panda-zebra

I'm the only one here that liked the random... for me it was the only way to work since begining.

Teleport the last 3 guys was always bullshit to me... makes no sense.

Random is bullshit.

I justify 3 furthest making sense by throwing the three most defensive and cautious players into the fire, makes perfect sense in the context of these reverse-engineered fairy stories Bungie have been spouting recently. Theybcan't have it both ways. It was intentional but easily combated with experience and planning.

Random is just lol, it's a band-aid to further irritate and frustrate the majority of players who have the brass balls to actually come up with team tactics and work to their invividual strengths in a team greater than the sum of the parts.

TTG

I have Mythoclast.. Still a decent gun, but after the nerf it's sitting in my vault.

Like many, it's the push for 30.. I need one more piece to get me there.
I've been 29 for far too long. If it weren't for raiding, I'd probably retire this game until DLC.

That make sense. I wonder if the majority of people who go through the raid 2 or more times a week don't care for pvp and have simply run out of stuff to do. It's not like the strikes playlist is any sort of fun, actually it's probably the weakest aspect of the game in terms of design.

“There should be no single answer for how to win in Destiny.”

This is what you claim your design philosophy to be. So what is the reasoning you have behind things such as soft kill barriers or even just soft barriers?
For instance, in the VoG's Templar fight, you have now blocked off the pillars. It seems that this was done to ensure the fight was beaten 'correctly.' But the pillar strategy is, in fact, a strategy. By taking that away, it seems like you are saying 'there is only one way you should be able to play this game, and it is this way.' People, many independently and simultaneously, came up with this strategy. It is still difficult and carries risk, but is one some players feel is 'easier.' But does that make it wrong? I don't think so.

Why do we not have the freedom in this game we were led to expect? You keep on adding limitations instead of incentives. Instead of adding soft kill barriers, just make enemies more grenade prone or increase their aggro range or something. Make it more difficult to do these things, not impossible. It just seems like decisions such as these are condemning ways to play the game other than the one intended way. And I find this unfortunate..

The bolded is the truth. Seriously Bungie.

ethomaz

Banned
Random is bullshit.

I justify 3 furthest making sense by throwing the three most defensive and cautious players into the fire, makes perfect sense in the context of these reverse-engineered fairy stories Bungie have been spouting recently. Theybcan't have it both ways. It was intentional but easily combated with experience and planning.

Random is just lol, it's a band-aid to further irritate and frustrate the majority of players who have the brass balls to actually come up with team tactics and work to their invividual strengths in a team greater than the sum of the parts.
It is the opposite to me.

I felt disappointed when I read it was the 3 furthest... I thought it was ramdom when I played on the first day... and I was ok with that, most people thought the same.

There is no reasonable explanation to use the 3 furthest... the boss power just work in the furthest? Random makes sense and it is how it looked since begining.

BTW most groups I played for some reason (dies, the guy didn't reach the furthest place, etc) after deal damage on the boss didn't entered with the same group on the portals... a lot of times I was doing portal and didn't get into and vice versa... the group always managed to do the job even when it was not the same guys being teleported.

Switch holes on the middle of the battle, talking with your group, found fast actions... the way I want to play Raids.

You can't not to be the best at that role but sometime you need to be that guy and do a good job if needed.

The cheese fix and random fix are for better in my opinion.

PS. If it was random since begining nobody will complain now... that was the mistake from Bungie.

When Destiny 2 comesa round, Bungie definetly need to look at the Fusion rifle as a way to branch out into new, more interesting ways to play their game. I'm fine with auto-rifles and shotguns. but the fusion rifle feels distinctly Destiny.

n0AyS0x.jpg

Stubo

So that atheon "fix" makes new raiders even more of a liability, why would I accept anyone who isn't optimally geared and kitted out for oracle destroying into my group now? Same goes for someone that's lower in level etc. I was fine with carrying previously since I feel everyone should get a shot at lvl 30(even though the RNGjeebus distinctly disagrees) but I probably won't bother at soon as the patch goes live. I guess they want even less of their playerbase to experience the raid.

Furthermore I find it odd that they would remove planning from a raid. This raid already suffers from class obsolesence in that there's no clear cut roles you could assign to any specific class. Maybe that's how they want it but it seems odd considering more traditional MMO raid style gameplay. Secondly, they distinctly teach you to set up teams by forcing you to split up to defend the plates and confluxes, yet now they don't want you teamed up and just want some random team to go in? I thought this raid was about teaching you gameplay "verbs", and it seemed to me like splitting up to form smaller focused teams is the very first gameplay "verb" it was teaching. The second being stand on stuff to make stuff activate and the third being all the loot is going to be assborne. Also something about oracles and instawipes, but whatever.

It also makes pickup play even more difficult, I could clear the raid with any group of randoms because I atleast knew what the fuck was going on. I knew what was going on because we spent like 5 minutes discussing a strategy and reworking if neccesary. Now there is no strategy besides go in and wait to see what sort of RNG rolls happen. If I have to somehow identify voices as to who got teleported, who's holding the relic and is cleansing, who's shooting the oracles, who has to call out which side they're on it's going to be a ridiculous infuriating mess of yelling in any random group. I honestly play this game to have fun but it seems like Bungie is intent on making this game frustrating and annoying. Instawiping because the lvl 26 guy got teleported into the oracle chambers instead of the lvl 30 that's quasi useless outside does not seem like fun to me.

Oh and the final caveat is that the raid is pointless if you don't succeed since none of the enemies give xp or have meaningful drops, so 4 hours of repeat failure is just 4 hours of failure, there is no silver lining or progress you're making if you don't make it. I already think that's beyond bullshit because you're utterly disincentivizing repeat runs to help friends or people that don't have a steady group to raid with. They literally make the "hardest" and most inspired content they have useless for a week after you beat it.
bVlKTM0.jpg

Bravo.

Ambitious

Is the Golden Gun effective against Atheon while being inside the Relic shield? Haven't even tried it yesterday, I just used my Icebreaker.

E92 M3

So what's the trophy stat for hard looking like now?

Also, I slept over the Atheon changes and confidently feel that Bungie were lying about it being a bug. They would've mentioned it sooner if a major mechanic was wrong. What's next Gorgon maze is only supposed to have one route?

Raxus

Is the Golden Gun effective against Atheon while being inside the Relic shield? Haven't even tried it yesterday, I just used my Icebreaker.

Worthless I believe. It doesn't receive the buff for some odd reason. Might as well stick with regular guns

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Will anyone be throwing three sunbros off the edge like so many Atheons to ensure the portal team go through after the "fix"*? Would it be viable?

read bandage botch papering Bungie's imagined cracks
Holy shit, didn't even think of that. Radiance getting nerfed confirmed.

ethomaz

Banned
You don't need to be inside the relic shield btw... the damage boost is for everybody after back from portal.

And no... Golden Gun takes less damage than a sniper in Atheon... it is really not useful... your Ice Breaker will out damage it easily... by a lot.

Steroyd

Random is bullshit.

Yeah add onto the fact that at most only 3 people would have had experince with the relic at that point (lets be real though only 2 would, in the templar fight, and the same person would be one of the 2 relic holders in the gatekeepers part). You're going to be left with situations where there's going to be a horrible delay in wondering who picks up the relic if the "wrong" 3 people go through, and on the venus side, because of that delay you are going to go blind at some point because of those goddamn minotaurs.

This game trolls so damn hard
WP_20141018_001.jpg

Got a purple engram. Turns exotic! Oh wait it is the same Ice Breaker I bought from Xur last week. Not even a different elemental which would have been cool.

I have also had this happen with The Truth. That is my other exotic upgrades of the 3 purples that changed. So 2 Legendary turn into the same Rocket Launcher and the other turns into the gun I paid 17 Strange Coins for. Something this "RNG" has a dark sense of humor.

Or I can just blame Rahool!

ethomaz

Banned
WP_20141018_001.jpg

Got a purple engram. Turns exotic! Oh wait it is the same Ice Breaker I bought from Xur last week. Not even a different elemental which would have been cool.

I have also had this happen with The Truth. That is my other exotic upgrades of the 3 purples that changed. So 2 Legendary turn into the same Rocket Launcher and the other turns into the gun I paid 17 Strange Coins for. Something this "RNG" has a dark sense of humor.

Ice Breaker is only solar... the name already says it ;)

I got Hard Light from a Legendary Engram... it was my first Exotic even before I reach lvl 20... I needed to level up to use it.

Question, if my main charac. is a male and I make a female alt, same class, can she use my main's armor?

Yea, it just depends on class so you will be good.

God I got the raid helmet but I'm a hunter who plans to get Knucklehead and I already have a maxed out Mask of The Third Man. And now with the raid changing this is going to be terrible for Atheon.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Decrypt Legendary helmet engram on Titan wearing blue helmet, get Exotic Hunter helmet, the one class I don't have. Rahool pls

Deku Tree

I have gotten three legendary secondary engrams, and out of that I got three void comedians... Thanks Bungie!!!

Does the comedian only roll void?

Anyway I am enjoying my current build:

Primary: media tool scou rifle to kill most enemies at range.
Secondary: comedian to switch to just in case some enemies get too close
Heavy: Hezen vengeance rocket launcher as a dedicated evicerate button when needed (this is fun)

Added you. Anyone else with that ancient Cheese Knowledge who can help a guy out, please let me know over here or at a_javierp. That Atheon checkpoint on Hard must be cleared :)

I can't really help out but I was helping people out last night. Is it possible I can grab the checkpoint and leave? I want to hold it to pass to an alt that isn't level 20 yet but will be shortly (going to share armor). If so my PSN is Darryl_M_R. Also I'm asking around for you with the people who cheesed with me last night. So much whine though, it was a rough night.

If by that you mean being on the outside team and killing harpies aka easy mode, then yes.

I had a snarky comment for this, but how about this instead:

Not every player is the same skill level, but all players should be made to feel valuable. I took out harpies and did damage to Atheon while the portal team did their business. When they returned, I did close to 10,000 points of damage to Atheon while the relic shield was up. When it was close to ending, I threw down Ward of Dawn and everyone escaped to safety, and then we repeated our tasks. Once the team understood what was needed, we took that mofo down in four passes.

Am I going to get better at the raid? Maybe. But I liked my role, I was good at it, I contributed to the team, and I felt like a valuable member of the group. If I am not up to holding the relic, or going in the portal, and if I cause the team to be wiped at any point I will feel I have let the team down. And there is absolutely NO reason Bungie should change the teleport strategy. As Zoba wrote, it reduces the team idea and there is less incentive to play the raid.

Deku Tree

WP_20141018_001.jpg

Exotics always have the same elemental and the same upgrades no matter how you get them.

WP_20141018_001.jpg

Yeah I have gotten two leg primary from Rahool and I'm Lvl 26 cryptarch both turned into Crusader 1 scout rifles with the most recent being last night, . Just to twist the knife Rahool put High Caliber Rounds as a perk for the one I got last night leading me to shard my already XP'd up first copy :( I love the extra impact and stagger HCR gives on my AFsomethingsomething but now I have a scout with 1 more round and HCR so I'll XP that up in a bit after I finish this bought Shadow Price.

Still like a fruit machine addict I gots to pull that lever, come on Rahool gimme something for lvl 27!

Yaari

I can't really help out but I was helping people out last night. Is it possible I can grab the checkpoint and leave? I want to hold it to pass to an alt that isn't level 20 yet but will be shortly (going to share armor). If so my PSN is Darryl_M_R. Also I'm asking around for you with the people who cheesed with me last night. So much whine though, it was a rough night.
I can give it to you aswell if you want

Navid

Added you. Anyone else with that ancient Cheese Knowledge who can help a guy out, please let me know over here or at a_javierp. That Atheon checkpoint on Hard must be cleared :)
Never done the cheese before but happy to help if you need another Voidwalker/Sunsinger to chuck grenades at his feet... PSN ID same as my name on Gaf.

Yeah I have gotten two leg primary from Rahool and I'm Lvl 26 cryptarch both turned into Crusader 1 scout rifles with the most recent being last night, . Just to twist the knife Rahool put High Caliber Rounds as a perk for the one I got last night leading me to shard my already XP'd up first copy :( I love the extra impact and stagger HCR gives on my AFsomethingsomething but now I have a scout with 1 more round and HCR so I'll XP that up in a bit after I finish this bought Shadow Price.

Still like a fruit machine addict I gots to pull that lever, come on Rahool gimme something for lvl 27!

lol that is rough. that clown keeps mailing me blue engrams. Rahool I am level 29. Come on man. Does it look like I need Rare anything?

Wait could I just give my Blue Engrams to my alt level 16 Titan?! That might be a plan. Never tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom