• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp

Figured I'd ask here before I post on /r/fireteams. I have a normal checkpoint at the Gatekeeper before Atheon if anyone wants to join. I'm a level 28 Warlock with mic that can run either Voidwalker or Sunsinger.

I don't care about experience levels but I've only completed it once before and I wasn't the relic holder so I'm not exactly in a position to lead.

Looking to go as soon as really. I don't care about cheese or not, I'm fine with whatever the majority wants to do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thread has turned into an atheon cheese begging thread. What's great is that as soon as these people get the Vex, then they can join in on the "omg how dare bungie nerf the Vex! The vex is the reward for completing the most difficult content in the game!!!! It should be supremely powerful!!! Bungie sux!"

:)

Thread has turned into an atheon cheese begging thread. What's great is that as soon as these people get the Vex, then they can join in on the "omg how dare bungie nerf the Vex! The vex is the reward for completing the most difficult content in the game!!!! It should be supremely powerful!!! Bungie sux!"

I want to cheese him before they fix it, see how easy it is. :lol Need the checkpoint on Xbone, though.

Got a Cryptic Dragon with explosive rounds and third eye from an engram. Praise RNGesus

Future

Definitely bad form in the weekly update to at not at least acknowledge some of the actual raid bugs, like the damn portals not working. Makes it even more a slap in the face that they are spending time fixing things no one wanted fixed.

Raid will still work with random teleport, but man if like to hear the reasoning of why they don't like players assuming roles in that section. It was really fun having the team group together and do damage to the boss and then rush to their spots for the teleport just before the buff ends. When people fail and the wrong people get teleported people understand what they did wrong and the wipe makes sense.

If anything, this makes it less lucrative to raid with randoms cuz if 3 people get teleported that don't understand the relic dynamic, the best method to cleanse, when to put up the shield, etc the whole damn team goes down. Potentially tons of time down the drain

So i have some thought regarding AR and the heart of praxic fire(PvE).

First up with the AR feel worse then my pulse. They are both at the same lvl yet the pules score higher numbers against mobs… Yet most people say the AR is better PvE, not sure I agree.

The second thing I have been thinking about is if I should use heart of praxic fire or sunbreakers.
People rave about the praxic but I'm not seeing it considering that they give me dici vs the int on the sunbreakers. Thus if I use the praxic my stats will be all over the place and my super won't be up that often.
I'm sure there is someone more clever then I who can grind the numbers?

Also big shout-out for Jinjo and the rest of the guys who played VoG hard mode last night!

I finally got a Shattered Memory Fragment and can unload these rare fusion rifles I've been hoarding. Does anyone know if there is a good area in this weeks nightfall to get the 200 kills done like last weeks?

ethomaz

Banned
So i have some thought regarding AR and the heart of praxic fire(PvE).

First up with the AR feel worse then my pulse. They are both at the same lvl yet the pules score higher numbers against mobs… Yet most people say the AR is better PvE, not sure I agree.

The second thing I have been thinking about is if I should use heart of praxic fire or sunbreakers.
People rave about the praxic but I'm not seeing it considering that they give me dici vs the int on the sunbreakers. Thus if I use the praxic my stats will be all over the place and my super won't be up that often.
I'm sure there is someone more clever then I who can grind the numbers?

Also big shout-out for Jinjo and the rest of the guys who played VoG hard mode last night!
You don't have int in the others gears? I'm trying to change a gear with int because I'm already maxed with only three int gears... I want one with Dex and Power only... more power because my Dex is at 80% too.

Future

Yeah they need to fix the ability to join in at the boss and then retrieve the checkpoint at the boss. You should only receive the checkpoint of you made it there

BUT... They should also resolve the loot problems. Always guarantee at least one new reward besides shards. No chatter white every week. At least one legendary/exotic or raid item Id say for everyone that makes it through all bosses, and in a team of six at least one person should get a raid item guaranteed every week

ocean

Banned
Im game, TheMrMuscle on PSN.

I can't really help out but I was helping people out last night. Is it possible I can grab the checkpoint and leave? I want to hold it to pass to an alt that isn't level 20 yet but will be shortly (going to share armor). If so my PSN is Darryl_M_R. Also I'm asking around for you with the people who cheesed with me last night. So much whine though, it was a rough night.

I'll go. Adamkoy on PSN. 28 Warlock OK?

Athena's raping me and this guy trying to cheese. Hop in if you can help! :) a_javierp on PS4. Anyone who's just looking for the checkpoint is also welcome but I really hope someone who joins can cheese this guy so I can try and get my alt some gear.

ethomaz

Banned
I finally got a Shattered Memory Fragment and can unload these rare fusion rifles I've been hoarding. Does anyone know if there is a good area in this weeks nightfall to get the 200 kills done like last weeks?
There is... when you start the nightfall go back all the way until the place you fight the Wizard come from moon on mothyards.

This place is the best to spam lvl 28 enemies that count to the bounty.

Mik2121

So...

Toland's Legacy
A Voice in the Wilderness
Shattered Memory Fragment

For a Titan, which one is the best, and the least boring to go through?

chewydogg

Athena's raping me and this guy trying to cheese. Hop in if you can help! :) a_javierp on PS4. Anyone who's just looking for the checkpoint is also welcome but I really hope someone who joins can cheese this guy so I can try and get my alt some gear.

Sent you a friend request.

There is... when you start the nightfall go back all the way until the place you fight the Wizard come from moon on mothyards.

This place is the best to spam lvl 28 enemies that count to the bounty.

I did this bounty yesterday. What I did was kill everything with a fusion rifle up until you have to start the 3 wave encounter. If you can finish off all the fallen and hive before they take care of each other you should get 21 kills per run.

A run was 2-3 minutes.

Thanks.

I did this bounty yesterday. What I did was kill everything with a fusion rifle up until you have to start the 3 wave encounter. If you can finish off all the fallen and hive before they take care of each other you should get 21 kills per run.

A run was 2-3 minutes.

Mik2121

Shattered Memory = Fusion Rifle.
Voice = Machine Gun
Toland = Pulse Rifle (which is apparently bad)

Uhm, I guess I might go with Shattered Memory. I already have a legendary pulse rifle (Bad Seed Down), but an exotic one could be nice.
Not the biggest fan of machine guns, and I also heard about the pulse so I guess I don't have much to choose from :p

Deku Tree

Dear Bungie,

Why aren't you fixing Bad Juju? Why are you obsessed with tweaking the Vex Mytho every week? bad juju might as well be a blue it's so bad. You offer a long and hard exotic bounty to get it, so probably a lot of people have it. Give it a buff. Fix the Vex afterwards.

Thanks! DT

E92 M3

Guys, listen to the podcast that was posted in the weekly update yesterday. It really seemed like they were talking about a different Destiny. Just a little over year prior to what launched in September. Really am wondering what happened in development.

Dear Bungie,

Why aren't you fixing Bad Juju? Why are you obsessed with tweaking the Vex Mytho every week? bad juju might as well be a blue it's so bad. You offer a long and hard exotic bounty to get it, so probably a lot of people have it. Give it a buff. Fix the Vex afterwards.

Thanks! DT

Next major update has Bad Juju and Thorn fixes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Uhm, I guess I might go with Shattered Memory. I already have a legendary pulse rifle (Bad Seed Down), but an exotic one could be nice.
Not the biggest fan of machine guns, and I also heard about the pulse so I guess I don't have much to choose from :p
They recently nerfed the Fusion Rifle so that it only holds 3 rounds, so it's not as good anymore.

The one feature with the Fusion and the Machine Gun is both have a perk to return ammo to your clip if you miss, so you will most likely be able to fire until you hit something.

TTG

I went with the brute force approach of using the fusion rifle right off the bat to wherever I happened to die(furthest I got must have been wave 2 of 3). It nets 25-40 kills per death, so it's still a grind to do. Put on a podcast, it will take a while.

The fact that Pocket Infinity is now forever relegated to a 3 shot clip and may be outmatched by some legendary fusion rifles just compounds the frustration.

Dear Bungie,

Thanks! DT

I'm perplexed that they're able to tweak the Vex so easily and yet the item locked behind both RNG and a long ass series of boring check boxes to tick is a complete hunk of shit. Just give it Bad Seed Down's stats and be done with it.

Ambitious

like 1200 damage per shot. Worthless.

Thanks. Time to farm enough XP and materials for the last few damage upgrades of my IB, then.

You don't need to be inside the relic shield btw... the damage boost is for everybody after back from portal.

And no... Golden Gun takes less damage than a sniper in Atheon... it is really not useful... your Ice Breaker will out damage it easily... by a lot.

Oh? Didn't know that. So far I did the raid only twice, and there are still a few things about the mechanics I need to figure out.

cilonen

Please Destiny GAF, support my cause:

I simply want t patch that will give us an option for the transparent HUD. My Panasonic plasma is crying after one month of playing.

I can't wash the HUD anymore, I know it will go away with time, but transparent HUD would solve anything.

Please, support me with positive answer here on Feedback forum:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/73663522/0/0

Thank you!

Done. I've been trying to bring my screen back for two weekends now. It will come back but I'm not putting Destiny on it again :-(

BLU-82

Does anyone have the atheon hard checkpoint to share? Have a few gaffers in game looking to spread the love between some alts!

PSN: Malfurient

PS4 - Euro

Deku Tree

Please Destiny GAF, support my cause:

I simply want t patch that will give us an option for the transparent HUD. My Panasonic plasma is crying after one month of playing.

I can't wash the HUD anymore, I know it will go away with time, but transparent HUD would solve anything.

Please, support me with positive answer here on Feedback forum:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/73663522/0/0

Thank you!

This is a problem with every video game... Do you only play games without HUDS?

E92 M3

I think they need to about square the impact. 49 sounds a lot more substantial than 7.

I think it will be a substantial buff for both weapons.

Does anyone use the relic on bumper jumper (X1)? My controls don't work - I can't cleanse or anything.

Dear Bungie,

Thanks! DT

I can't wait for both Bad Juju and Thirn to get buffed as I decided to do the bounties for them both with this view in mind.

Thorn imo needs the buff more than Bad Juju (or maybe I'm just bad with hand cannons and my thorn isn't fully upgraded yet)

Bad Juju needs a buff yes, but I find it quite fun to use, 2-3 well placed taps and people are down in the crucible too :)

ethomaz

Banned
I can't wait for both Bad Juju and Thirn to get buffed as I decided to do the bounties for them both with this view in mind.

Thorn imo needs the buff more than Bad Juju (or maybe I'm just bad with hand cannons and my thorn isn't fully upgraded yet)

Bad Juju needs a buff yes, but I find it quite fun to use, 2-3 well placed taps and people are down in the crucible too :)
Maybe the Thorn needs buff in PVE but on PVP it is the top hand canon in my opinion.

Maybe It is me :D

Never used the Bad Juju.

Maybe the Thorn needs buff in PVE but on PVP it is the top hand canon in my opinion.

Never used the Bad Juju.

If Thorn was a Lord High Fixer or The Devil You Know with its effect it'd be broken as fuck. It kind of has to be shit. I don't think they'll change the 6 round magazine size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom