• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Vanguard and FWC gave me Legendary weapon for reaching Rank 3 with them, New Monarchy gave me 1 Ass Shard/Energy for reaching 3 with them
Dead Orbit is last faction I want to hit 3, just so I can buy stuff if need be
Crucible will be the last faction I raise to 3

Then I'll just try to get Vanguard to Rank 10, then each faction slowly to 10

I think hitting certain Ranks rewards you stuff, I'm guessing Rank 3, 5,10? or it can be for every new rank

I'm doing this over 3 characters, so plate for leveling shit up is ginormous
Any level after 3 reward you in any faction/vanguard/Crusible... the reward is random with good chance of Legendary engrams.

I'm tired and frustrated after a few hours of getting bodied so here's a big dumb thing.

I had an interesting raid experience tonight.

After the oracles, I got Praedyth's Revenge, which I already had. I shrugged and intently dismantled it.

After we knocked the Templar into the abyss, I got it again. I laughed, but inwardly I was cursing.

Chest. Warlock bond. Gatekeeper. Shards.

We had continued flawlessly up until Atheon, where one person suggested we try to cheese out the hard version. I was the only sunsinger. I was level 27 and had never attempted to cheese before. It was close to an hour of massacre. In sympathy my raid-brothers said they didn't think it was fair for me to bear the burden of frustration alone and we returned to normal.

By this time members of our team needed to leave. Slowly our original group fell apart. Pick ups were added to fill the gap. Our teamwork and execution began to suffer. The fight dragged on.

After a total of three hours spent in the raid I was exhausted. I'd only gotten five hours or so of sleep the previous night and had already been tired throughout the day. The clock hands soldiered silently on to midnight. As it struck twelve I said to myself: I've had enough. I didn't think we stood a chance of finishing anytime soon with a group that was underleveled, exhausted, and haphazardly thrown-together.

Defeated, I bid the team adieu and retired to my bed with my tail between my legs. My eyelids were drooping, barely able to stay open, and I planned to fall asleep right away. In my mind I wearily began to make plans to somehow get picked up for another group at the encounter on normal, already dreading organizing a pick-up.

Then something happened.

In a flash, all fatigue left my body. My eyes opened unburdened and I sat bolt upright in my bed. In an instant, my fighting spirit suddenly flared bright and majestic like the light of the sun whose power I wield and I said to myself: I will not let the sun set upon me defeated. I am not going to sleep until I see Atheon destroyed.

I booted up the game. I logged into my awoken sunsinger. Their eyes, burning from within with solar light, looked straight through me, daring me to rise to the vault's challenge. I flew to Venus alone, praying my checkpoint had been preserved.

On the third attempt something within me clicked. The gears of my heart ground together and moved in perfect unison.

Two miniature suns burned the glass throne. I saw Atheon's unfeeling, alien face look at me blankly, almost quizzically, as it plunged downward, past the throne, into the abyss.

A moment later I saw the spoils of victory.

Chatterwhite. Atheon's Epilogue. I had both of them already.

I scrapped them both.

lmao the ending.

TURBO1112

Anybody with a checkpoint on Atheon on hard on Xbox One let me. Would love to grab. I could help too if needed. Level 29 Warlock. Fully maxed out both subclasses

squidyj

Venus chest while farming Spirit Bloom. I've found 4 other Rare ships while farming mats for upgrades, they're all a brown variant (Even the Raid ship)

yeah i got one of those not long ago just doing chest runs on mars. the black and grey one you just got

Stantron

Vanguard and FWC gave me Legendary weapon for reaching Rank 3 with them, New Monarchy gave me 1 Ass Shard/Energy for reaching 3 with them
Dead Orbit is last faction I want to hit 3, just so I can buy stuff if need be
Crucible will be the last faction I raise to 3

Then I'll just try to get Vanguard to Rank 10, then each faction slowly to 10

I think hitting certain Ranks rewards you stuff, I'm guessing Rank 3, 5,10? or it can be for every new rank

I'm doing this over 3 characters, so plate for leveling shit up is ginormous

Vanguard rank 10 gave me one mote of light as a postmaster reward.

Lakitu

st5fu
Use Destinyflg.net. I'm playing on the grandpa consoles so most of my normal XBL group is on the One now, so I used that site. Took around 30ish minutes of messaging there and on XBL but I found a full group and they where actually really cool and chill. I think about half of the group was comprised of friends and the rest where randoms.

I'd also say to do it on a Tuesday also. More people online running the raid right after the reset.

Thanks alot, just checked that site out. Looks really useful, I'll give it a try.

Mmm...i have one question, the vanguard and faction weapons that are sold in the tower have always the same perks? i could swear that some of them change, for example, the handcannon "The Chance" from FWC, i wanted that gun because it had the quick reload after emptied mag perk, now it has another one, i could swear too that "The Unfriendly Giant", the Vanguard rocket launcher, was once void damage with cluster bombs, in fact, in the companion app appears just like that, but yesterday when i checked with the quartermaster it had some useless quick reload shit (bummer, i was saving marks for that one)

Oscar

Mmm...i have one question, the vanguard and faction weapons that are sold in the tower have always the same perks? i could swear that some of them change, for example, the handcannon "The Chance" from FWC, i wanted that gun because it had the quick reload after emptied mag perk, now it has another one, i could swear too that "The Unfriendly Giant", the Vanguard rocket launcher, was once void damage with cluster bombs, in fact, in the companion app appears just like that, but yesterday when i checked with the quartermaster it had some useless quick reload shit (bummer, i was saving marks for that one)

From what I've seen, they stay the same. They only vary in stats if you get them from drops/rank 3+ rep reward in the mail.

Finally had our first go at the Vault last night. Got boots from the first loot drop. Didn't finish it yet so hopefully going to take it down tonight providing my team mates are all up for it. It's been fun so far.

jtar86

Every group I get can't finish the last part of the raid. I have the boots and gloves but have yet to beat antheon. If anyone has a normal antheon save they would be willing to give me I would appreciate it. I have the two gernade titan chest so I think I can cheese him solo.
Xbox one.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah the lag is atrocious at the moment
I did my Blade Dancer super, and everyone was just Invincible, I die, get rewarded 5 seconds later with 4 kills...

reddit at it again lol

1MejMqb.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddamn even the spawning is broken
Our team has A & B, no one near C, yet the game goes ahead and spawns whole team @A side, we get killed, they grab A & B
We spawn separately everywhere, they all start spawning @C

FML Crucible is the worst at spawning

A_Gorilla

Banned
Many thinks to Snicky for guiding me and four others through our first Raid.

It was four in the morning for some of them so we decided to cheese Atheon in the end.

On the plus side, I got the Warlock gauntlets and the bond, as well as Thunderlord and another shotgun.

Good times all around.

Soooo Atheon's Epilogue: worth upgrading? At first impression, it feels like a gun that sprays a lot of bullets that dont do damage

It's decent for Oracle killing in portal group, but on Hard you typically have hunters doing most of the work in there anyway

The void damage makes it marginally useful for confluxes on hard because you usually want to take off mino shields before rocketing it unless you're using a maxed gjallarhorn.

It has some utility but not really worth the upgrade imo

Much better options exist for your primary

ethomaz

Banned
Every group I get can't finish the last part of the raid. I have the boots and gloves but have yet to beat antheon. If anyone has a normal antheon save they would be willing to give me I would appreciate it. I have the two gernade titan chest so I think I can cheese him solo.
Xbox one.
The cheese is weird... I participate in a session to cheese it and took over 2 hour to done that.

I can kill it in less than 10 minutes with different groups.

It is the easiest part of the raid.

Every time that drops for me I dismantle it.

Its my only raid weapon besides that shotgun Ill never use :(. I used it in multiplayer and went 26-0 and 26-7, the other team was probably horrible though. I really like the "shoots as fast as you can pull trigger" mechanic, reminds me of my fonder days playing mario party mini games

Finally got my alt Warlock to level 20, then jumped straight to 25 with un-upgraded equipment (3 legendary, 1 exotic). I found these while playing on my Titan and stored them in the vault for a while.

Once I get some defense upgrades on my armor, I should be able to reach 28. I can then do the Nightfall and Raid twice a week to increase my chances at getting loot drops.

bGanci

Banned
Finally got my alt Warlock to level 20, then jumped straight to 25 with un-upgraded equipment (3 legendary, 1 exotic). I found these while playing on my Titan and stored them in the vault for a while.

Once I get some defense upgrades on my armor, I should be able to reach 28. I can then do the Nightfall and Raid twice a week to increase my chances at getting loot drops.

Either you have 2 Ice breakers or you shuffle it between characters depending on what character you play. Right? Right????

lunlunqq

I did it! Solo'ed Atheon on hard. Thanks a lot to MADGAME for the check point. Had a taste of the last cheese before it's taken away. So good.

bWzo4zI.png

Either you have 2 Ice breakers or you shuffle it between characters depending on what character you play. Right? Right????

I have 2 of them, one from a legendary Engram and one from the Crucible. I could've bought a 3rd from Xur if I wanted to last weekend since I've got 60+ coins.

Kaiken

Banned

Sounds like an infomercial!

zoukka

Dude had a 30 kill streak in Twilight Gap. Fuck that piece of shit map in the same asshole as Blind Watch. I wish we could ban maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom