• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

ugedcc.gif

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, my super was wasted but it was well worth it.

Haha I do that on my titan too

hydruxo

All this talk about hand cannons and no mention of Fatebringer. Shame on you all!

In all seriousness I've found legendary HCs to be pretty similar, but with slight advantages on each. High Fixer has range, Fatebringer has explosive rounds/firefly/quick reload, TDYK has crowd control/better stability, etc. I don't think any of them stand out more than the other.

If you're competent with one HC, you can be pretty good with all of them. The Last Word being the exception, because it takes some getting used to due to the fan fire and lower amt of rounds, but ultimately TLW is the best HC.

Yaari

Thx for the hint, but i've seen my fair share of assholes in real life, why do i have to meet these people also ingame? But okay, maybe i am really one of not so many...

@above me:
Sure i can... O,o but i don't mind if you or others don't understand my opinion. I carried enough people through the whole Vault of Glass, but they were thankful and at least tried to do something for the team..

Edit: okay, i see... I'll return to my world ;) have good day guardians.
Assholes? Do you know these people? You are quick to judge..

EL CUCO

Voidfang Vestments is a fantastic chest for PVP Voidbros.

Full Grenade every respawn, Axiom bolt chases people down like a rabid dog.

Manp

hah, i got Vision of Confluence thanks to a bunch of good people that got me through the raid yesterday!

thanks guys, great game!

:)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So GAF, whats the general opinion about these raid-leechers today? Everywhere over the internet i am reading things like

"Does anybody have a checkpoint for Atheon on hard, can i join for a Vex drop maybe?"

I personally hate this leech-mentality, but this is something bungie can't patch - sadly. The random teleporting and baby bumpers are at least one step in the right direction, although that all this should have been in there from the beginning. Shame on you Bungie-QA-Team...

The raid is probably the most intensive teamexperience on console yet, people who only want to leech something for their own ego ruin a part of that experience, at least for me. Am i the only one thinking like that?

How other people choose to play the game has no effect on me so it's none of my concern. Shouldn't be Bungie's concern either.

Navid

Does anyone still have the Atheon checkpoint for the VoG hard mode on PS4 they would be willing to share?

I went trough it earlier with a bunch of GAF'ers but would like to take a few friends through it as well before the reset on Tuesday...

Izuna

Banned
Without using exploits and cheese spots, what's a better example on console?

Honestly interested.

Let's assume you only mean next generation consoles, otherwise there would be too many examples (LP2 bosses even).

Hilariously, Halo: Spartan Assault has that one level where you both need to run through the mission in a certain amount of time. Then we have Dead Rising 3's Nightmare mode with pretty much all of its boss battles, for simply being more difficult.

But if 2 player isn't enough, the entirety of PvZ: GW *requires* teamwork in order to be possible on its higher difficulty, with Sunflowers needing to protect the team and a lot of positioning needed to cover all sides.

Destiny's Raid, legit, on Hard as I have done 3 times not including the normal Raids, can all be done without a set team. All you need is to know how to pass it. You need 6 people who have done it before, that's all. You don't need team dynamic, you don't need to tell others to fulfill roles other than "I'll go left, and I'll be outside team."

You would designate someone to be Oracle dude, but anyone can be. Now with the randomisation for Atheon, there won't even be Oracle dude. All Destiny requires is for you to have practiced the role, then say you will do it. There is no surprise. Hell, on Hard you can't even fucking revive. Everyone is basically playing solo either on left, middle, or right, calling out if the Oracles are left, middle, or right.

True team dynamics would require a team to have their plans. In Destiny, take any two groups who can do the Raid and mix them up, and no matter what they can do it. Actually, if you took every group that can do the raid and mix it up it will work, providing you don't have that one dude on each team who is just filling up a slot and not really contributing to anything. I'm forced to interact with my partner Ryse multiplayer more than I do in Destiny's entire game.

Raid aside, every Strike has a solo strategy. Having more people just increases the boss' health, so unless everyone follows the same solo strategy, it just takes longer. There is no protecting others in Destiny.

Care to give me that checkpoint. Gt is mast3rtarv1n

Please send me an invite on live then make me fireteam leader =)

Izuna Lasky

ethomaz

Banned
So GAF, whats the general opinion about these raid-leechers today? Everywhere over the internet i am reading things like

"Does anybody have a checkpoint for Atheon on hard, can i join for a Vex drop maybe?"

I personally hate this leech-mentality, but this is something bungie can't patch - sadly. The random teleporting and baby bumpers are at least one step in the right direction, although that all this should have been in there from the beginning. Shame on you Bungie-QA-Team...

The raid is probably the most intensive teamexperience on console yet, people who only want to leech something for their own ego ruin a part of that experience, at least for me. Am i the only one thinking like that?
No. I agree with the fixes.

I blame Bungie due the fact these bugs were not be in the final product... the teleport part was always to be random and the Atheon never to jump out.

Marvel

could never
Slowly but surely leveling my alt Hunter, I really wish I hadn't junked the legendary drops I got for him when I was a wooflock. How silly of me.

I'd be like, 28 by now ;_;

Jinjo

Anyone want to do a hard raid in about 3 hours?

Any veterans got any tips?��

Get a taste of that stinky cheese while you can.

Here's what me and my raidbro's did yesterday:

- Open the vault: Just open it.

- Confluxes: 3 left, 3 right, have one on each side pay attention to midspawn. When legions get summoned hide in the crack in the wall, where the crappy spiritbloom chest is.

- Oracle phase: Whipe and stay up top where you spawn. Have a Warlock jump in the abyss and rez, oracle phase will start. Use Icebreakers. Have a dedicated Left Hidden sniper up this small ledge on the right. Next to him one guy that cover right hidden and other oracles on the right. One guy all the way on the left side and then the rest in the middle. Just watch out for hobgoblins. We did this with 5 people yesterday.

- Templar: Hide behind the pillars near the relic spawn. Keep throwing nades at him till he falls of the cliff.

- Gorgon Maze: There's extra stationary gorgons now (gg Bungie). Just follow the same route but when entering the big cave, hug the right wall (there will be a rock on your left covering you), jump up to the middle rock. From there jump to the rock to your left, then to the ledge a little bit further. And then jump towards the exit when the gorgons are gone. Just have one person do it, everyone else go to orbit then back in again.

- Keepers: You're gonna have to do this legit sorry. We didn't bother and got an Atheon checkpoint through someone in our group.

- Atheon: Push that sucka of the cliff.

Is it common to go through the portal but instead of ending up in the boss room you end up back in the same world you were on but on the opposite side?

Yeah, but that's been there since the raid launched. Last couple of days there have been so many other glitches with templar and gatekeepers, it's very very annoying.

Templar won't teleport. Casting detain randomly and players in mid jump getting killed. Oracles won't die. Oracles don't make their sound when they appear. Relic super doesn't work. Enemy shields regenerating. Boss health regenerating.

Ambitious

Anyone using the Final Boss sniper rifle? Is it good? I want to replace my rare Void sniper with a Legendary one, and I've got a bunch of Crucible marks.

Anyone want to do a hard raid in about 3 hours?

Any veterans got any tips?😄

I'd love to try it, but I'm not that experienced. I did the normal one twice. Level 29 Hunter.

Marvel

could never
Is Hawkmoon a good HC?

It is excellent, say my friends. I've also been killed by it very easily in pvp.

Anyone using the Final Boss sniper rifle? Is it good? I want to replace my rare Void sniper with a Legendary one, and I've got a bunch of Crucible marks.

I'd love to try it, but I'm not that experienced. I did the normal one twice. Level 29 Hunter.

I do!

Pretty awesome, though less impact than my Epitaph.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Slowly but surely leveling my alt Hunter, I really wish I hadn't junked the legendary drops I got for him when I was a wooflock. How silly of me.

I sharded all of my other class legendaries and exotics, including Young Ahamkara's Spine, only to make an alt Hunter 2 days later.

I'll just have to hold that L.

Marvel

could never
I sharded all of my other class legendaries and exotics, including Young Ahamkara's Spine, only to make an alt Hunter 2 days later.

I'll just have to hold that L.

Oh fuck, I also did this too. I sharded AND deleted my 25 Titan.

And I know at some point I'll go back to that class, so fucking stupid lol.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Get a taste of that stinky cheese while you can.

Here's what me and my raidbro's did yesterday:

- Open the vault: Just open it.

- Confluxes: 3 left, 3 right, have one on each side pay attention to midspawn. When legions get summoned hide in the crack in the wall, where the crappy spiritbloom chest is.

- Oracle phase: Whipe and stay up top where you spawn. Have a Warlock jump in the abyss and rez, oracle phase will start. Use Icebreakers. Have a dedicated Left Hidden sniper up this small ledge on the right. Next to him one guy that cover right hidden and other oracles on the right. One guy all the way on the left side and then the rest in the middle. Just watch out for hobgoblins. We did this with 5 people yesterday.

- Templar: Hide behind the pillars near the relic spawn. Keep throwing nades at him till he falls of the cliff.

- Gorgon Maze: There's extra stationary gorgons now (gg Bungie). Just follow the same route but when entering the big cave, hug the right wall (there will be a rock on your left covering you), jump up to the middle rock. From there jump to the rock to your left, then to the ledge a little bit further. And then jump towards the exit when the gorgons are gone. Just have one person do it, everyone else go to orbit then back in again.

- Keepers: You're gonna have to do this legit sorry. We didn't bother and got an Atheon checkpoint through someone in our group.

- Atheon: Push that sucka of the cliff.

Thanks Jinjo!

Thats alright. I've never done it on hard before and expecting quite a steep learning curve!

My PSN is sploatee. Would you mind adding me?

Namikaze1

I regret doing the same for my Warlock. Now she's stuck at 25 while a Hunter I haven't created has an exotic and two legendary gears waiting for it in the bank.

Is Hawkmoon a good HC?
It is a great Hand Cannon and possibly my favorite.

Marvel

could never
And apart from the impact?
I'd rather get the Final Boss as I spent all my Vanguard marks for ascendard shards, while I still got about 120 Crucible marks.

Apart from that, it's great.

I use it an awful lot, especially for Raids against Praetorians shields.

Question, how does raid rewards work?

I have yet to do a full raid, but earlier today I was on a group that cheesed atheon on hard starting on the last checkpoint. I got the vehicle, vex mytho and thunderlord... Now... can I get something more from the raid this week? Should I play it again on Normal? Hard? Will I get something else if I play the whole thing instead of just the last boss?

The game really doesnt explain this anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom