• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Last checkpoint I have on Atheon/hard, going in now if anyone wants to tag along

You still got room? Got a lv27 Hunter alt, not much use but just want to tag along for the cheese and free loot if that's ok? My PSN is JinjoNL

Thanks Jinjo!

Thats alright. I've never done it on hard before and expecting quite a steep learning curve!

My PSN is sploatee. Would you mind adding me?

You're welcome dude! We had a guy tag along yesterday too that barely completed the normail raid once so you should be good with these strats. ;)

Ambitious

25 strikes for Bad Juju? Good lord.

Thats alright. I've never done it on hard before and expecting quite a steep learning curve!

My PSN is sploatee. Would you mind adding me?

I don't mind it being hard, but I'd rather not spend the whole night failing (3h from now is 10pm here). Additionally, I won't have much time tomorrow and I won't be at home from Monday to Thursday. So let's hope we can do it in two to four hours or so. Are you alone so far?

Adding you right now.

Deku Tree

When we did the raid a few days ago some random on a speeder started helping us kill the Pretorians when we were opening the VoG.

Then the random followed us in when the door opened and was walking with us until the respawning restricted thing happened...

How far can you walk around in the VoG by following another team in like that? Anyone done it?

When we did the raid a few days ago some random on a speeder started helping us kill the Pretorians when we were opening the VoG.

Then the random followed us in when the door opened and was walking with us until the respawning restricted thing happened...

How far can you walk around in the VoG by following another team in like that? Anyone done it?

The first chest is blocked off. That's as far as you can go.

Ah, the one from The Queen's Wrath. Never got it. Though I received dozens of helmets and a few chest pieces..

I know the feeling. I tried all week on two characters and finally ended up getting 2 of them on the Sunday before the reset; unfortunately both were void.

Am_I_Evil

i think that might have been me lol...i was just curious how far i could go...

Pimpwerx

How other people choose to play the game has no effect on me so it's none of my concern. Shouldn't be Bungie's concern either.

Amen to that. The variety of approaches people take to the different parts of the raid should demonstrate that. I don't care how others play the game. My clan and I play it our way, and we have fun doing it. That's how it should be. PEACE.

Frenden

Banned
Do you find the rewards for leveling up to be kinda similar across factions?

I've got everyone at 3+ except Dead Orbit. The gear is either randomized rolls of the base gear they sell or something new.

New Monarchy dropped the Red Hand for me which is almost a combination of Devil you Know and Lord High Fixer. So some of it is new stuff, some of it is samey, and sometimes you get utter crap, like most of the RNG.

Pimpwerx

Wow! Thanks for your help! How far did you get in the VoG?

Resparn restricted areas are almost always instanced for the fireteam alone. His character should've phased out by that point. I'm curious, like you, to know if he made it to the Templar area. If he could make it to there, he can make it to the Gorgon cave. I assume the chest rooms are locked though. PEACE.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hey sorry guys (zonysux and others), PSN friends list isn't loading so can't accept your friend requests. Btw, that gorgon thing was hilarious :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
25 strikes for Bad Juju? Good lord.

I don't mind it being hard, but I'd rather not spend the whole night failing (3h from now is 10pm here). Additionally, I won't have much time tomorrow and I won't be at home from Monday to Thursday. So let's hope we can do it in two to four hours or so. Are you alone so far?

Adding you right now.

There's four of us now.

Don't worry about time. I think I'm one hour behind you (I'm in the UK). I don't really want to spend more than three hours. We can just see how we get on. If it becomes a pain and stops being 'challenging fun' then I don't want to sit there all night either!

Steroyd

Finally got my alt hunter and Warlock to level 20, who then went straight to level 23 and 24 respectively, feels good man.

Felt weird rocking a fully upgrade Atheon's prologue and Ice Breaker, tearing through the daily like butter, now the hard part of getting the missing legendaries so my alts can progress, not sharing crucible and vanguard points, is a bigger kick in the nuts than I thought it would be.

Ambitious

There's four of us now.

Don't worry about time. I think I'm one hour behind you (I'm in the UK). I don't really want to spend more than three hours. We can just see how we get on. If it becomes a pain and stops being 'challenging fun' then I don't want to sit there all night either!

Sounds good.
I'm doing a few more bounties in the meantime, just invite me when you're ready.

I got the same but just levelling it now.

Its damn awful at the moment.

Is this gun any good once levelled ?

I have a fully maxed 77 wizard that I use for VOID damage so I am not sure

I use it all the time and I also use it for PvP where I do pretty well with it. Due to having a massive ROF, with the stability upgrade for it, aim at the head and it makes whoever is trying to shoot at you aim go all over the place.

I like it.

MrS

Banned
Get a taste of that stinky cheese while you can.

Here's what me and my raidbro's did yesterday:

- Open the vault: Just open it.

- Confluxes: 3 left, 3 right, have one on each side pay attention to midspawn. When legions get summoned hide in the crack in the wall, where the crappy spiritbloom chest is.

- Oracle phase: Whipe and stay up top where you spawn. Have a Warlock jump in the abyss and rez, oracle phase will start. Use Icebreakers. Have a dedicated Left Hidden sniper up this small ledge on the right. Next to him one guy that cover right hidden and other oracles on the right. One guy all the way on the left side and then the rest in the middle. Just watch out for hobgoblins. We did this with 5 people yesterday.

- Templar: Hide behind the pillars near the relic spawn. Keep throwing nades at him till he falls of the cliff.

- Gorgon Maze: There's extra stationary gorgons now (gg Bungie). Just follow the same route but when entering the big cave, hug the right wall (there will be a rock on your left covering you), jump up to the middle rock. From there jump to the rock to your left, then to the ledge a little bit further. And then jump towards the exit when the gorgons are gone. Just have one person do it, everyone else go to orbit then back in again.

- Keepers: You're gonna have to do this legit sorry. We didn't bother and got an Atheon checkpoint through someone in our group.

- Atheon: Push that sucka of the cliff.
Based Jinjo dropping knowledge.

Glad Salvage is back this weekend. BY FAR the best pvp mode imo

Steroyd

There's four of us now.

Still got space? My level 30 titan is just sitting around with nothing to do now.

PSN Steroyd.

Found on Reddit, sorry if it has already been posted:

Bungie's director of Production, Jonty Barnes, on player roles in raids, 1 month before release.

In an interview with Eurogamer at Gamescom, about a month before Destiny was released. Jonty Barnes had this to say when discussing the lack of matchmaking for raids.

It's about the group dynamic. It's not just about a casual dynamic. It's about an understanding of people committed to playing the roles in raids. And preparing. With raids, you don't just jump into them. You've got to prepare before you go in, and decide, what are you doing? What am I doing? Let's all talk about it in orbit. Okay, what role are you going to play? Well, I'm an x Titan, whatever type of Titan I am, and I'm going to be defensive and hold positions. And, have you played this before? Yeah, I found success when I did it this way.

So, did they change their minds? I just don't understand. It boggles my mind that they would let us play their raid for a month using the seemingly intentional mechanics that promote the type of dynamic Jonty was talking about, then do a complete one-eighty and break that mechanic. Why?

I love the raid. I think it's great that they're fixing the cheesy spots. I think it's great they're listening to feedback about the mythoclast and trying to fix it for PVE. But the timestream fix? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

:/

Deku Tree

Found on Reddit, sorry if it has already been posted:

:/

Here is what I said about that reddit post earlier:

Because despite Bungie claiming that the Atheon fight was always intended to be the way they are making it starting on the next update, nobody believes them that it was a huge coding bug (that somehow miraculously made in through QC) that made Atheon almost always reliably port the three Guardians that are the farthest away.

It seems that some people inside Bungie are very upset that people are developing strategies, posting youtube videos, and lots of people are beating the raid and the hard raid over and over in less time than they had hoped...

so in an effort to try to keep people grinding the raid for longer they are going to make a knee jerk change to the whole encounter that increases the difficulty substantially and further leaves out the more casual players or the players that don't have a regular RAID group of trained assassins.

Zakalwe

Banned
Level 30 Titan Defender looking for HM raid.

Will be my first time, but I've cleared normal road 8 times now.

Have fully levelled:
Epilogue
TLW
Regime
Corrective Measure

Half levelled Ice Breaker.

Lots of levelled Legendaries.

Can take whatever I need for whatver duty.

Psn: astropoff

Izuna

Banned
This is like if Sega patched being able to stand near the holes Dragon made in PSO so you don't take damage when it is underground.

Strategies are rewarding. Demon's Souls is full of correct strategy making it winnable. Radomisation and huge damage sponges are by far the worst forms of difficult you could ever have.

Maybe if their AI didn't suck they wouldn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom