• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Got Thorn last night.

Good rate of fire. Looks cool. Stability isn't as awful as the stats make it seem. Excited to upgrade to the DOT. Glad this weapon is getting buffed though.

Nodnol

So I've got Sprit Bloom, Relic Iron and Helium Filament farming spots.

Spin Metal is a bit tougher. Anyone got any tips?

Zakalwe

Banned
Hitting vanguard rank 3 on my Titan alt gave me a Shadow Price with third eye, kills reduce reload, and the field scout or stability upgrades. Also has Armour piecing rounds.

I know sniper Armour Piercing go through certain objects (windows, boxes, thin walls, etc...), but do AR AP rounds too?

It's a stealth Nerf, I tell you!
*whistles*
PlV6KYV.jpg

Decided to say screw it and roll the dice with Xur on the random exotic engram. I'm a warlock so I'm thinking watch I get something for a Titan. NOPE! Heart of the Praxic Fire!

So now as far as exotics go, I have:
Heart of the Praxic Fire (Chest)
Sunbreakers (Arms)
Apotheosis Veil (Helmet)
Ice Breaker (Sniper)
Pocket Infinity (Fusion)
Truth (Rocket)
Bad Juju (Pulse) (Still working on the last bit of making it)

Crazy how in the beginning I wasn't getting anything because I was relying on RNG and now that I decide to buy my legendaries mostly with marks, coming across rarer things seems much more simpler than initially thought.

Got Thorn last night.

Good rate of fire. Looks cool. Stability isn't as awful as the stats make it seem. Excited to upgrade to the DOT. Glad this weapon is getting buffed though.
I think all it really needs is a bit higher magazine size, and an adjustment to the DoT. Either stacking damage (Possibly too much of a buff) or a reset as soon as you shoot someone again. I can't tell you how many times I've shot someone once, and then shot them again right before the DoT expires. Instead of them receiving more damage from it, it just expires and leaves them safe.

Thorn is definitely not as bad as I was led to believe... at least not in PvP. The super small magazine size does hurt it a lot in PvE though

Zakalwe

Banned
the earth strike mission has a decent amount of spin metal. Just look around where you start at.

Don't do this please. Entering the strike and framing means you mess with the other players' strike who you matchmade with.

If you want to farm there just take your sparrow through The Divide to Rocket Yard, takes about 2-3 minutes to bike there.

I didn't realize that the exotic weapon bounties were specifically tied to a weapon. I guess I'm working toward the Pocket Infinity... is that even worthwhile? I really haven't enjoyed the fusion rifles the little I've used them so far.

I didn't realize that the exotic weapon bounties were specifically tied to a weapon. I guess I'm working toward the Pocket Infinity... is that even worthwhile? I really haven't enjoyed the fusion rifles the little I've used them so far.
It's one of the best.

My avatar looks like it's wearing slippers. Can't unsee.

Don't do this please. Entering the strike and framing means you mess with the other players' strike who you matchmade with.

If you want to farm there just take your sparrow through The Divide to Rocket Yard, takes about 2-3 minutes to bike there.
Even if you choice earth as the designation? Not involving the strike playlist?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Pocket Infinity is good even after the nerf. It's also easier to get compared to the Thorn.

Tawpgun

Fucking void kill bounty for thorn is killing me. I'm a hunter so I don't have void abilities an only have a void shotgun and sniper and LMG

I was at 22 void points and played one crucible match and went down to 4. Killed by atheons epilogue, nova bombs, warlock melee, and now truth and other void bullshit.

Ughhhh

un1que

Need 4 for the Vault of Glass.
Already have a 29 hunter and 29 warlock.

Need 4 more to do it from the start up to actually getting into the vault. Don't have to do the last bit if people don't want to.

PS4 PSN ID: UN1QUE

If you're up for it send a friend request.

Rubenov

Need 4 more to do it from the start up to actually getting into the vault. Don't have to do the last bit if people don't want to.

Normal or hard?

If normal, invite Rubenov25 Level 28 Warlock

Sent fr 28 warlock here
Fireteam is full

Temidien

Neo Member
Stayed up way too late the last couple nights attempting the hard raid, made it to the guardians and got stuck. Grabbed a hard checkpoint off of SirDgby who is awesome. Anyone willing to help me cheese hard Atheon in 10 minutes.
Ps4 Mattiator85.
Thanks for your time :).

Level 28 hunter but willing to try if you need me

PSN: temidien

cjp

Got the solar Vision of Confluence and Chatterwhite (again) for beating Atheon. We ended up cheesing him off as a player left and we'd been there for a quite a while.

Been through the raid a total of twice now though and I got a lot of experience today with using the relic and dealing with the oracles etc for when the patch comes in. Hope I get some raid gear next week.

Is the VoC any good?

Stayed up way too late the last couple nights attempting the hard raid, made it to the guardians and got stuck. Grabbed a hard checkpoint off of SirDgby who is awesome. Anyone willing to help me cheese hard Atheon in 10 minutes.
Ps4 Mattiator85.
Thanks for your time :).

I'm only 28 but I have a Warlock if you need help.

MADGAME

Probably old news at this point, but while doing bounties I popped into the old loot cave and there is a pile of dead Hive with an option to "Disturb the Remains". When you select it, a raspy audio clip plays that says "Millions of deaths are not enough for Master Rahool"

MyGreatCaptureScreenShot2014-10-1810-49-39_zps8127afd1.png

ocean

Banned
My Titan is closer than ever to level 30. I have Exotic Helmet (Inmost Light), Gauntlets (No Backup Plans) and Chest (Armamentarium). I also have Raid Helmet and Boots. As soon as I can get Raid Gauntlets or Chest I'll be part of the level 30 master race.

In the meantime, Atheon's Epilogue will help me clear my Thorn bounty. I'd been dreading it before this.

Maxed out Suros Regime and Icebreaker, now working on the Vision. Got the stability upgrade on it and wow, this gun is amazing! Really needed a good non-exotic primary.

Hey, looking to do normal raid from the beginning now.

Level 28 defender titan, 3 shards from 29 so hopefully will hit that during the raid.

I come equipped with hawkmoon, ice breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

I've completed the raid once but pretty much took directions the entire time and will probably need the same again. Have mic.

PS4 - GKW212

Hey, looking to do normal raid from the beginning now.

Level 28 defender titan, 3 shards from 29 so hopefully will hit that during the raid.

I come equipped with hawkmoon, ice breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

I've completed the raid once but pretty much took directions the entire time and will probably need the same again. Have mic.

PS4 - GKW212
You start the room and I'll join, sending a request now.

Edit: We're already friends lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom