• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Level 30 Titan Defender looking for HM raid.

Will be my first time, but I've cleared normal road 8 times now.

Have fully levelled:
Epilogue
TLW
Regime
Corrective Measure

Half levelled Ice Breaker.

Lots of levelled Legendaries.

Can take whatever I need for whatver duty.

Psn: astropoff

We're a group of five right now, and we will start in about two hours. You're already in my friend list, so just join us then, okay?

rqt0R8u.jpg

Right in time for the buff.

Mindlog

Here is what I said about that reddit post earlier:
It seems that some people inside Bungie are very upset that people are developing strategies, posting youtube videos, and lots of people are beating the raid and the hard raid over and over in less time than they had hoped...
That's pretty much the exact opposite of what some Bungie devs were saying in the lead up to release. They were pretty excited to watch the early streams and see what strategies develop.

I don't understand why the small Atheon change upsets so many people. Are that many people relying on others to carry them through? You need even more strategy after the change along with some mild on the fly adaptation. Not cheesing Atheon on hard is stupid easy with a somewhat competent and reasonably equipped team.

tl:dr... The Raid has become something that is breezed through with my group in about 40 minutes. Was this the case in other MMOs or were Raids always challenging regardless of your level/equipment??

It surprises me how easy the raid has become. The first day it was released it was OMG this is impossible. But here we are a month later and its easy for high level people.

But surely Bungie had guys (pros?) at level 29/30 testing this stuff with max weapons and being like... "Hey bungie, we can beat this in a half hour and take atheon down in one portal cycle."

lupin23rd

Finally beat the raid for the first time in three tries last night. First two runs we got stuck on the Atheon fight. Not quite sure what turned it around this time, might have been a combination of squeaking to level 29 and some of my teammates having better levelled weapons.

Was worried that the Templar fight would be trouble given that we cheesed it the first two times, but we completely nailed it long before he could enrage.

When we finally got to Atheon, we fucked around for a bit before getting into a groove where we could get him down to 30-50% health reliably, the first time we'd really been able to get damage on him.

Finally, we got him down to a sliver and our portal team jumped back into position, and I started to hear over the mic that they were having trouble. There was no change I was losing when he was this low, so as I stood on a pillar waiting for the supplicants I took out Icebreaker and just let loose on him as he holds open that timeslip. He melts into oblivion and I scream out "He's down!" and we're all happy and confused as the timer goes down to 0 and does nothing with half our team still in the portal (obvious bug, but we've done it).

We're all happy, until I see for the 5th time in the fight, I see my loot being ascendant items. In my three runs I've received the chest piece twice, the warlock bond twice, and a shader. I am super pissed. Play around for a bit and it's almost as if the game knows it fucked me over as the first 10 minutes give me a couple fat chests (engram + ammo pack + 11 spin metal) and a legendary engram drops.

Maybe before Bungie decides to break the raid mechanics because it turns out most players don't suck at the game, they should FIX the loot drops and actually reward people for completing their content.

Zakalwe

Banned
Truth rocket launcher worth the coins or better to save for something better next week?

How many coins do you have? The most you'll need is 36 for a primary (23) and an armour piece (13).

If you think you might want both potentially I don't think Truth is an essential purchase. If it were Gjallahorn it would be different.

So, tonight is the night. Finally doing the jump to hard raid. Me and my friend are level 29, and currently using the LFG for a group. If anyone who has done it before would like to help us, all will be welcome. We've done the normal raid several times.

XO: Kortvarsel

keakster

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what some Bungie devs were saying in the lead up to release. They were pretty excited to watch the early streams and see what strategies develop.

I don't understand why the small Atheon change upsets so many people. Are that many people relying on others to carry them through? You need even more strategy after the change along with some mild on the fly adaptation. Not cheesing Atheon on hard is stupid easy with a somewhat competent and reasonably equipped team.

I would agree with this if the loot drops weren't random. I have been on teams where Atheon takes 2 or more hours, only to have some people get shards or a weapon they already have. Which, to me is a broken reward system. Bungie has talked about wanting the Raid to be hard and to feel like an accomplishment, getting only shards or the Chatterwhite for the 4th time negates that.

Full disclosure, I have completed 5 raids and only have one piece of raid armor, so I am admittedly bitter about RNGesus

XBOX ONE: We have 3, maybe 4, people ready to try Vault of Glass FOR THE FIRST TIME. Level 28 warlock, level 28 titan, lvl 26 warlock, and maybe lvl 27 hunter.

We are hoping to find a "sherpa" to help us through the raid, but anyone is welcome. GT: Gareth Marenghi

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok...just thinking.

What's better for a hard mode raid for a level 29 char?

Dr Nope @ 300 dmg or Atheon's Epilogue @ 257 (I think!)?

What do you think?

Ramirez

tl:dr... The Raid has become something that is breezed through with my group in about 40 minutes. Was this the case in other MMOs or were Raids always challenging regardless of your level/equipment??

It surprises me how easy the raid has become. The first day it was released it was OMG this is impossible. But here we are a month later and its easy for high level people.

But surely Bungie had guys (pros?) at level 29/30 testing this stuff with max weapons and being like... "Hey bungie, we can beat this in a half hour and take atheon down in one portal cycle."

I assume you're talking about normal, which you out gear by a lot at this point, time to move on to hard.

Can't believe some of you are still whining about random teleports. The only thing I can imagine is that the people you've been leaving behind are anchors that you don't trust to do the main roles, it's such a non issue.

^ Aside from maybe Suros, I would shy away from ARs in hard mode in favor of a scout or HC.

Skooky

Neo Member
Just got two legendary engrams from a Cryptarch level up and thought that was pretty lucky. And then I got HAWKMOON.

For new page:

XBOX ONE: We have 3, maybe 4, people ready to try Vault of Glass FOR THE FIRST TIME. Level 28 warlock, level 28 titan, lvl 26 warlock, and maybe lvl 27 hunter.

We are hoping to find a "sherpa" to help us through the raid, but anyone is welcome. GT: Gareth Marenghi

If I was to do Atheon's hard mode raid would I get all the drops from Atheon (normal and hard) or all the drops from the normal raid (templar + atheon) plus hard mode atheon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom