• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it has some fun mechanics. Although I really am not looking forward to the random teleports now.

I read the Kotaku interview with the lead designer of the Vault and he talked about how Atheon is (obviously) supposed to be a test of everything you learned so far. But to him this meant every team member should be able to do every job, which doesn't make a ton of sense given differences in level, class, weaponry, etc. As long as there are enough people on the team comfortable with running the relic, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Supplicants outside are easy. It will just be a bit harder to hide/carry a weaker team member.

It is my density to get the platinum.

All I need is the no-death raid trophy...

Talked to a guy on here who is looking to get a team together for it over the next couple days, hopefully it's not too difficult even if the Atheon updates have already taken effect.

anx10us

Banned
(sounds like a lonely hearts ad)

PS4 lvl 28 hunter, EU based, would like to try meet others for Raid Normal or Weekly Strike PSN aanx10uss, available from 8:30 GMT, enjoys running, reading and popular music ....

sikkinixx

I finally hit vanguard level 2 and can buy some legendary gear (level 24 right now). This there a specific one I should get or do they all have the same light value and I can get the one with the perks that fit my character best?

breakfuss

We did it!!

Chatterwhite is mine!! So happy.

Also got the Scout Rifle.

Wait, you were...hoping for chatterwhite? lol. What about it so special? Pretty sure I equipped it...and then proceeded to immideately remove it.

Speaking of which, PSN censors the word. Evidently the first part means something naughty in French ahehe.

I finally hit vanguard level 2 and can buy some legendary gear (level 24 right now). This there a specific one I should get or do they all have the same light value and I can get the one with the perks that fit my character best?

Don't buy a helmet because they are stupidly expensive and it's easy to find exotic helmets. Otherwise just buy whatever you want, probably whatever piece of the remaining 3 has the lowest current light level. All the Vanguard legendary gear (including the helmets) has the same light values (start at 18, max at 27).

DjRalford

That atheon fight is a dick.. and they want to make it harder? Fuck that bungie, fuck that.

Thought it was fairly easy in the group I was in once us novices understood the method, out of portal onto middle platform with relic bubble up near front edge, titan defender bubble on back edge with weapons on light.
Everyone goes through titan bubble into relic and blasts away.

Took 3 timestreams to finish but was quite easy to do even for us novices on the team.

Nodnol

Wait, you were...hoping for chatterwhite? lol. What about it so special? Pretty sure I equipped it...and then proceeded to immideately remove it.

Speaking of which, PSN censors the word. Evidently the first part means something naughty in French ahehe.

It matches my cloak.

I am now truely frabjous.

What's everyone's opinion on Vision of Confluence?

Truphenom

Beat raid for 3rd time and yet again got shards, freaking annoying lol. Also got to see the Aetheon cheese in action and, other than being a little faster I'm not too thrilled with it. Can't say I care too much that it's getting fixed.

Time stream change is gonna suck tho, if they're gonna make it that much harder than they need to improve the chances of not getting shards. I don't even really need raid gear, gimme some weapons!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I read the Kotaku interview with the lead designer of the Vault and he talked about how Atheon is (obviously) supposed to be a test of everything you learned so far. But to him this meant every team member should be able to do every job, which doesn't make a ton of sense given differences in level, class, weaponry, etc. As long as there are enough people on the team comfortable with running the relic, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Supplicants outside are easy. It will just be a bit harder to hide/carry a weaker team member.
The problem is that this will only make LFGs so much more discriminate. If I wanted to finish the Raid, I wouldn't take a 26 at all, and a 27 is touch and go depending on what weapons they have. It sucks because it'll just make a piece of content that is already so hard to access even more exclusive.

For a game that is supposed to be social, it just seems like every choice they make is trying to make it much more anti-social.

All I need is the no-death raid trophy...

Talked to a guy on here who is looking to get a team together for it over the next couple days, hopefully it's not too difficult even if the Atheon updates have already taken effect.
I wouldn't mind trying for the no death trophy if you guys are still looking for people.

Tekku

Anyone got the all-black Revenant shader? I'm wondering how much hours it will take to reach rank 15 with Dead Orbit. I'm currently rank 4 so it's a long way to go. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd be down for it also, got a 29 warlock.
I have my 29 Hunter. lol

Although I think the reason why this trophy falls apart is because of the bugs at the end with the gate. Or if you are unlucky enough to have a glitch happen where only 2 people get teleported during the Atheon phase.

I'd gladly take the shader instead of those damn ships.

Marvel

could never
I have my 29 Hunter. lol

Although I think the reason why this trophy falls apart is because of the bugs at the end with the gate. Or if you are unlucky enough to have a glitch happen where only 2 people get teleported during the Atheon phase.

Yeah.

lol, well let me know if you have space in the coming days I'd like to give it a shot. PSN: Assassio

ThisOne

How many hours does the Raid take on normal assuming that at least part of the group has done it before and knows where to go and what to do?

I've never done it and would like to do it today (on PS4) but not if it's going to take more than 2 hours.

Raxus

How many hours does the Raid take on normal assuming that at least part of the group has done it before and knows where to go and what to do?

I've never done it and would like to do it today (on PS4) but not if it's going to take more than 2 hours.

2-3 hours. A majority need to know what is up and have to be kitted out for it.

Heel

Unlikely.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It really depends on the group. It could take an hour or could take 3-4.

Weaker team mate pops behind my back and makes a run for it. Noooo stopppp! I'll hide you I swear. Lol

Haha it will just take that much more communication, which I guess is what they are going for...

The problem is that this will only make LFGs so much more discriminate.

You make a really good point here, I hadn't thought about that yet. I've had some really good raid groups at different times, but it's so hard to keep them together. People stop playing, or flake out, or can't coordinate schedules. It's such a headache sometimes.

I wouldn't mind trying for the no death trophy if you guys are still looking for people.

I'd be down for it also, at some point got a 29 warlock.

Milennia was the original Gafer who posted about it and I PM'ed him, I have no idea if there is a full squad by now or not. Major apologies if I shouldn't be mentioning his/her user name, but I assume it's amongst Gaffer "friends."

I'm down to try whenever we can get people together, PSN is DrDrizzay101 (also apologies for not clarifying earlier, but this is on PS4).

Flambe

Anyone have a minute to share Hard Atheon checkpoint please? =] PSN MrThou

It's nice to finally have functioning internet again, stupid hotels >.< Though this one went from Nat 2 to 3 for some reason after doing just fine for half a day v0v

ocean

Banned

If you're 27 (preferably 28) and have good, upgraded weapons it isn't too hard as long as some of the team members know the mechanics and can explain them over the mic. 2 hours is doable assuming the previous criteria are met I guess.

EL CUCO

Very true about the OST, really been enjoying it with the custom Destiny sound mix on the Gold headset. The entire sound design is really detailed, fantastic stuff.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that it only took a little over 7 hrs to level my alt Warlock to Lv20, and then 30 seconds to get her to Lv25 because my main Titan had already gotten the gear drops. Just playing solo, bounties and heroic story missions.

What do you feel helped level up your alt quickest? I've been trying different things but not sure if one works over the other. Bounties are effective but there are only so many a day.

Afrocious

If folks are truly up for doing the Flawless Raider trophy, I'm down. That's about the only thing I want to do that's raid-related.

Achamian

Finished first raid, chatterwhite and ascendant energy. Disappointment! :'(

Can raids be repeated for rewards or do I have to wait for the reset?

RedFury

Wiped on the nightfall just a few shots away from killing the last boss, but I completed a bounty which got me to vanguard 3 along the way and I was rewarded with the devil you know. So my glass is half full
That's a good turn out but getting both done would have been great. If monster hunter tough me anything it's never get over zealous when you think you can take down an enemy before he can take you out...he/she always wins.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You make a really good point here, I hadn't thought about that yet. I've had some really good raid groups at different times, but it's so hard to keep them together. People stop playing, or flake out, or can't coordinate schedules. It's such a headache sometimes.
I basically find raids via PUGs on GAF. I don't have 5 people who want to do it, let alone 3 times for the purposes of my alts.

Milennia was the original Gafer who posted about it and I PM'ed him, I have no idea if there is a full squad by now or not. Major apologies if I shouldn't be mentioning his/her user name, but I assume it's amongst Gaffer "friends."

I'm down to try whenever we can get people together, PSN is DrDrizzay101 (also apologies for not clarifying earlier, but this is on PS4).

Add me. 29 Hunter/Titan.
Yeah.

lol, well let me know if you have space in the coming days I'd like to give it a shot. PSN: Assassio

Well, I'm firehawk1234 on PS4 so if it happens, let me know! lol

Nodnol

Man my enjoyment for this game has just been reignited.

One Raid run till the end, even with a sprinkle of cheese, and I just feel compelled to go back and do it again. Need to hit 30! Can't believe after just one run, a few of my buddies are already rocking 2/3 raid gear. Despite Destiny's shortcomings, the secret sauce is real.

You know what, I don't even feel like a sucker for getting the Digitial Guardian Edition; gimme those expansions!

Anybody on PS4 want to help my 26 warlock do the Nightfall? Last character I need to do it on and I can get pretty far solo, but then I always make a mistake, self res and get murdered again instantly lol. PSN is PaulKersey

EDIT: Oh yeah, this character is 27 now.

Afrocious

We managed to get heroic done pretty fast last week, so should be easy to do both. It'll give us a bit of practice for the new Atheon fight too, not that we need much. ;)

True that. Also, Zoba and I helped some folks out with the raid on normal, so we killed the Templar the normal way. I had the relic and pretty much did what SlenderBeans did. We both stayed alive (though I did get gunned down by the boss when I shouldn't have). I can also get across the jumping part without dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom