• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you feel helped level up your alt quickest? I've been trying different things but not sure if one works over the other. Bounties are effective but there are only so many a day.

Bounties were easily the best bet for me. I did all the Vanguard ones each day I played, and probably only 6-7 Crucible bounties total. I played each story mission on the higher difficulty level, did a couple strikes, and I was Lv20 before I had to do the Garden Spire story mission on Mars. Don't plan on finishing the story missions either unless they pop up on bounties. Strikes are a good option if you've finished the bounties for the day and, like me, don't enjoy the PvP much.

I basically find raids via PUGs on GAF. I don't have 5 people who want to do it, let alone 3 times for the purposes of my alts.

Well, I'm firehawk1234 on PS4 so if it happens, let me know! lol

Well, I've got 3 raid-ready characters now so I'm up for it, haha. 30 Titan, 28 Warlock, 27 Hunter.

I will add people on PSN and hopefully we can coordinate it sometime soon.

Mrgamer

How many hours does the Raid take on normal assuming that at least part of the group has done it before and knows where to go and what to do?

I've never done it and would like to do it today (on PS4) but not if it's going to take more than 2 hours.

Add me on psn,if people listen and work well together 2 hours is plenty.

True that. Also, Zoba and I helped some folks out with the raid on normal, so we killed the Templar the normal way. I had the relic and pretty much did what SlenderBeans did. We both stayed alive (though I did get gunned down by the boss when I shouldn't have). I can also get across the jumping part without dying.

There is another way that doesn't involve us wiping assuming it's not fixed in the update. Todd did it on Friday by himself, but two Sunsingers would make it much easier/faster.

The normal way should still be pretty easy though.

Afrocious

There is another way that doesn't involve us wiping assuming it's not fixed in the update. Todd did it on Friday by himself, but two Sunsingers would make it much easier/faster.

The normal way should still be pretty easy though.

Cool. Are you talking about knocking the Templar off the arena? Never tried it but I'll be up to doing it.

RedFury

Super Good Advice or Bad Juju? I'm conflicted, Juju is in for a buff soon, but I've got plenty of exotic primaries already.
Bad juju. 1. It looks awesome 2. It's in for a buff 3. It's actually pretty good for PvE if you go for crits(don't even bother in PvP)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, for Flawless Raider, does dying and using Radiance count as a death?

It might actually be easier to have an all Warlock team. Hell, it'd even make the stupid platforming part easier. lol

Cool. Are you talking about knocking the Templar off the arena? Never tried it but I'll be up to doing it.

Yeah! We were pretty surprised that it worked, but we just about got him to fall off just before his enrage timer (the second time).

Also meant we got the 5th chest. :D

ocean

Banned
Trophy list only has three I doubt I'll end up getting: the Salvage one (hate that mode), the no-deaths Raid (sounds hard as hell to not die once), and the 50 Ghosts (sounds incredibly boring to get).

Although seeing myself at 90+% completion will probably tease me into trying them. I don't have the all-clan Strike or Raid yet either. GAF will help me with this eventually I hope :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Trophy list only has three I doubt I'll end up getting: the Salvage one (hate that mode), the no-deaths Raid (sounds hard as hell to not die once), and the 50 Ghosts (sounds incredibly boring to get).

Although seeing myself at 90+% completion will probably tease me into trying them. I don't have the all-clan Strike or Raid yet either. GAF will help me with this eventually I hope :)
The clan raid trophy unlocks if you solo Atheon with the cheese while in a clan, for what that's worth. lol

Danj

Just received exotic bounties, Super Good Advice or Pocket Infinity? Which one is more easily doable will also matter.

How do you get exotic bounties? I never see them at the standard bounty vendor, do they appear somewhere else?

RedFury

Just received exotic bounties, Super Good Advice or Pocket Infinity? Which one is more easily doable will also matter.
Go infinity. SGA is easier but there are ways to make infinity easy. I have 10 rare fusion rifles in the vault waiting. Also for nightfall kills just join a nightfall an free roam for kills.

Marvel

could never
Hmmm, what to do when I get online in a few minutes.

Try Nightfall solo, or hope to get an Atheon normal checkpoint. I'd like to finish the Raid as I had to leave earlier.

breakfuss

The salvage only takes a few rounds. Just make sure you're the one to start the capture. Doesn't matter if the other team stops it. Still counts toward the trophy.

Completely agree about the 50 ghosts. I hate collect-a-thons. If it pops for me then great, but I can't see actively pursuing it. As for the no-deaths raid...lololol. Good luck to everyone attempting it, though.

cilonen

These are the two I've done. SGA was easier, all you really need to wait for is a special item that costs 1 strange coin from Xur next time he shows up. Getting 500 machine gun kills is easy after that, especially as head shots count for more.

Pocket Infinity you need to wait for the gunsmith to sell rare fusion rifles so you can dismantle ten, then get 200 nightfall kills with a fusion rifle in the weekly nightfall strike. I cheesed that this week by starting the strike then backing out all the way back to the skywatch and running laps of the skywatch / array / coast / back to skywatch over and over. Only the lvl 28 enemies in the story areas of skywatch and array will count and you'll need to nuke a knight and a wizard with a launcher or something hard hitting each lap.

I definitely found SGA easier.

The salvage only takes a few rounds. Just make sure you're the one to start the capture. Doesn't matter if the other team stops it. Still counts toward the trophy.

Completely agree about the 50 ghosts. I hate collect-a-thons. If it pops for me then great, but I can't see actively pursuing it. As for the no-deaths raid...lololol. Good luck to everyone attempting it, though.

It's virtually impossible. And now Bungie is putting in random teleports. So it's only going to get harder.

Marvel

could never
It's virtually impossible.
All you have to do is
iWqnjCzwsa80n.gif
!
But seriously, fuck that mooseshit teleport "fix"

What do you feel helped level up your alt quickest? I've been trying different things but not sure if one works over the other. Bounties are effective but there are only so many a day.

Are you leveling an alt right now? Any chance it will be level 20+ by tonight and want to tackle the weekly or nightfall (hell or raid--I have an Atheon hard mode checkpoint). Im trying to level my last alt before the reset (all Hunters so I share armor--I have no shame in trying to get these weapons and armor).

Flayer

I found a good way to level fast is playing Crucible if Control or Clash are giving out the XP bonus. The score you get in Crucible matches is the exp you get so get a Shotgun and go straight yolo, it doesn't matter if you die a lot you just need to get kills to increase your score. Heavy weapons are really good too because they give the most points for kills and enable easier multikills for even more points.

Steroyd

Wow, the Thorn is alot more practical to use as a hunter with chain of woe, although you have to have at least 2x chain of woe to feel the usefulness of the reload speed increase.

Ambitious

I found a good way to level fast is playing Crucible if Control or Clash are giving out the XP bonus. The score you get in Crucible matches is the exp you get so get a Shotgun and go straight yolo, it doesn't matter if you die a lot you just need to get kills to increase your score. Heavy weapons are really good too because they give the most points for kills and enable easier multikills for even more points.

Wait, really?

How long do you think it would take to level up in crucible from 15 to 20 with just playing Control

What is the best Pulse Rifle? I'm using the Stranger's Rifle (fully upgraded) at the moment with my Level 19 Warlock and I love it but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough at higher levels (24-30). I've tried the Bad Juju and it sucks (not enough ammo capacity).

Any Legendary or Exotic I should try to acquire?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What is the best Pulse Rifle? I'm using the Stranger's Rifle (fully upgraded) at the moment with my Level 19 Warlock and I love it but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough at higher levels (24-30). I've tried the Bad Juju and it sucks (not enough ammo capacity).

The Stranger's Rifle is more for helping with alts level up than anything else. For higher levels, any other Rare will do better.

I'm not a big fan of Pulse Rifles, but I think some GAFfers said that they enjoyed using Red Death.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Man, if a Titan opponent puts up a shield, I run up and put up my shield next to his. Then we have a dance off and his teammates think they can take me and enter my shield, but I just punch them to death and continue dancing. The opponent's shield goes away so he tries to kill me and fails. I once got a 5 kill streak doing this.

My favorite is when I put my shield up and the enemy dances outside of it to taunt me, and while they are dancing I peak out stick them with a magnetic grenade. Now that shit is funny.

Leveling my second Titan so I can run the raid and nightfall with him 2x...This is not really fun lol.

I'm not into pulse rifles but I do have bad seed down and Its better than any other I've used. It has a nice large clip and impact is decent too for a pulse rifle. I believe it's a vanguard weapon

Edit** red death might be good for you too. Haven't used it but it has plenty of impact but slow rate of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom