• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

It's easier to kill him on normal than to cheese him.

If you want to cheese him though it's easiest to have all the group die and just get the lock to kite him around the pillar as with more people I find it difficult to make him do what I want as there are other influences on his aggro AI.

No to cheese him the best thing to do is have one Warlock jump below the Atheon platform to the rocks just next to the second pillar on the LHS of the platform and everyone else hide. Then he always always moves to the good spot to knock him off. There was a video of this floating around but I don't know where to find it.

hydruxo

Why is it so hard? It is a level 26 mission right? I am level 29 and I regularly solo the level 28 daily missions.

They just throw so many damn waves of shielded knights and wizards at you haha. It gets insane pretty quickly. Your best bet is cheesing it from the entrance and taking out the shrieker when it spawns.

nikoz

Banned
Has anyone been using the remote play feature with destiny? I have been mulling around the city but no combat yet.

So far it's smooth

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
They just throw so many damn waves of shielded knights and wizards at you haha. It gets insane pretty quickly. Your best bet is cheesing it from the entrance and taking out the shrieker when it spawns.

I ended up jumping my way up to a beam that's over the middle of the room. I'm not sure anyone else has tried that, lol.

E92 M3

Just found out about the Atheon timestream changes they are making. I really don't understand why they felt that was a necessary change to make.

I am guessing a frustration with the community making a mockery of the raid difficulty. One thing for sure, though: it wasn't an unintended bug.

Going to be looking for a regular raid for my 28 alt titan if anyone is interested in setting one up, I'm happy to join in on the fun. Would be looking for a fresh run.

This game has so many bugs.

lately I have noticed that I aint getting any drops, no ammo, nothing. Doing a patrol mission now to kill dregs and collect some drops, and dregs are not dropping anything.

I have noticed this happen a lot since the hotfix.

void666

Banned
I'm just going to go ahead and say it...nope.

Wat? Xyor the unwed? I killed his ass yesterday solo. 28 sunsinger but i didn't need to revive.

I had ice breaker for wizards and arc zombie apoc for knights. Once their shields are down they die pretty quickly.
Hide from the big guy and kill adds. If things get too hectic run through the door.

When i noticed xyor he was almost dead.

ocean

Banned
So five of us have made it Atheon.

After banging our heads against a wall trying to kill him, we thought we'd try and cheese him.

Is it still possible? We were struggling to do it, though none of us have done it before.

It's easier with 2-3 people than a full team of 6. You want 1 person to bait the bastard and then one other (at most 2) to grenade him off.

The bait: One character changes his stats to get the boost jump and as much agility as you can get. As soon as you spawn, run all the way to the end of the room; off towards the left there's a cliff you can fall on. This video will show you the exact position:
http://youtu.be/vJZJBSXsTdA

It can be tricky falling there because there's a "glass floor"; you need to jump around it. Anyways once you're in that small crack the guy can't hit you and you can't hit him but he'll be well positioned to be cheesed off.

Now your grenadier (or two) have to manage a delicate balancing act. They need to move forward towards him quickly enough to grenade him off before the teleport, but not so quickly that they draw his attention before he's trying to get you on the cliff.

Might take you a few tries but it's the easiest way to do this. Double-grenade Sunsingers and Titans get the job done. This is probably the last week it'll be possible so give it a try if only for a chance to see the bastard fall at least once. It's part of this game's culture by now haha

milkham

I helped someone with it yesterday and was going to just hang out in the entrance behind the shrieker to keep the party from wiping and losing progress like i had to do with two other people that I helped on this, but one of the guys said doing that causes mobs to respawn, I'm not sure if its true but it did seem like we had to take down a lot fewer hive before Xyor showed up.

I am guessing a frustration with the community making a mockery of the raid difficulty. One thing for sure, though: it wasn't an unintended bug.

It's not like the raid is a cakewalk on subsequent run throughs either. It still requires communication and organization and a couple of hours to beat. So weird that they felt the need to change that, of all the things they could change.

After much pain I finally reached String of Curses on my Bad Juju. Not to say I'm underwhelmed but I do wonder why the gun had to be so bad to mitigate it's seemingly OP effect. The damage boost looks to be 15% and it doesn't stack either. Not sure about how long it lasts but if I had to guess I'd say about 5s. Against any any one of the stronger enemies it might as well be a rare. I hope the buff is real. The design of this thing is amazing with all the bones along the sight and the kick off its recoil is super satisfying. It feels like it should hit a lot harder than it does and hopefully it will.

arimanius

It's not like the raid is a cakewalk on subsequent run throughs either. It still requires communication and organization and a couple of hours to beat. So weird that they felt the need to change that, of all the things they could change.

Didn't two people beat the raid by themselves? That was probably the straw that broke bungies back. Lol

Jito

Banned
Three Baboon errors already today, glad a pay for PS+ now for this shit.

Edit: Silly amount of people not doing strikes during a strike now, just had two level 8 idiots wandering about the spawn area instead of heading for the objective.

Nodnol

Cheese or no cheese, whether I manage to kill him before Tuesday, we had a blast.

Two weeks ago we managed to get to the Oracle section.

Last week we managed to reach the Templar fight.

This week, we got to the Templar in one sitting in Friday. We then attempted it again today, and nailed it first time. Got both chests in the Gorgon section and had a laugh following each other round and laughing at fails in the jumping bit.

Gatekeepers was pretty straight forward once we were familiar with how it works.

Just wish we were all together now to try and kill Atheon. It's such a laugh having a bigger Fireteam.

Edit:

Even without killing Atheon, two of the team have 2/3 Raid gear. I got the RL, and shards lol. I have like 70 shards now.

Fitts

Pardon my ignorance, but does increasing stability actually yield a noticeable difference with hand cannons? Perhaps I've just become decent at subconsciously compensating for a lack of it, but I'm struggling to find it beneficial.

milkham

Got the A.1F19X-THISNAMEISWAYTOOLONG SR for hitting Vanguard lvl 4.

Anyone have any experience using it? Any good?

I'd like to know too, it's been raining legendary scout rifles on me since the buff and the only time i really used a scout rifle before was at the loot cave, not sure which to go with between

A.1F19X-RYL- mulligan, life support
Cryptic Dragon - luck in the chamber, third eye
Crypt Dweller - return to sender, firefly
Crusader I - take a knee, Field scout, Life support

E92 M3

Pride is a strong emotion and Bungie are very full of themselves lately.

It will take all of 1 hour to just explain to the other members what to do in each portal. The raid will still be as easy as ever with 6 4 competent people.

Indeed, but we'll let the numbers talk for themselves. It will interesting to see the fallout; I'm still banking on them adding or doing changes to the reward system. At least that's the logical step to mitigate anger.

Deku Tree

Pride is a strong emotion and Bungie are very full of themselves lately.

Indeed, but we'll let the numbers talk for themselves. It will interesting to see the fallout; I'm still banking on them adding or doing changes to the reward system. At least that's the logical step to mitigate anger.

With the huge sales, and the extremely large numbers of people playing so much, I'm not surprised that they're full of themselves. It would be tough not to be that way. The only way they will backpedal IMO is if the playtime numbers start to drop substantially.

I really hope they fix the rewards. At least guarantee that everyone who beats Atheon gets at least one exotic or legendary drop. It would also be great if the RNG system could check your inventory and not give you the same things every week.

It sucks so bad to beat hard raid after many hours and get shards + chatterwhite etc.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I have a single armor piece from VoG across three level 29 characters. My friend has a single character and is 30. This is fucked up.

Deku Tree

I have a single armor piece from VoG across three level 29 characters. My friend has a single character and is 30. This is fucked up.

Praise RNGesus!
I am level 29 too, done lots and lots of RAIDS and still only got one RAID armor drop.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Praise RNGesus!
I am level 29 too, done lots and lots of RAIDS and still only got one RAID armor drop.

The worst part is I have two Warlocks and one Titan, with the intent of getting ONE warlock to 30, and the only armor piece I've gotten is on the Titan. This fucking game.

Finally got my first exotic bounty and picked Thorn because I really want that hand cannon. There is just no way I'll ever get 500 points in crucible. I'm so bad at it. Every time I start getting points I'll have a horrible game and it will wipe them away. Do I have any other options besides playing rumble with 5 other friends and having them let me kill them for 30 minutes?

Shito

Just did the nightfall with my girlfriend.
She's 26, I'm 27, so she stayed in the back while I was soloing everything.
Took us nearly 2 hours, the majority of which spent on those fucking captains on the first phase.
I had a great time, and got myself... 6 strange coins.
My girlfriend was starting to get really bored at the end, running in circle in a safe spot for minutes on end. She got... Ice Breaker.

Sometimes, just sometimes, RNGesus is fair and loving. ^^

E92 M3

With the huge sales, and the extremely large numbers of people playing so much, I'm not surprised that they're full of themselves. It would be tough not to be that way. The only way they will backpedal IMO is if the playtime numbers start to drop substantially.

I really hope they fix the rewards. At least guarantee that everyone who beats Atheon gets at least one exotic or legendary drop. It would also be great if the RNG system could check your inventory and not give you the same things every week.

It sucks so bad to beat hard raid after many hours and get shards + chatterwhite etc.

Actually, I think some developers are worse than others -- Bungie had always thought their way or the highway. Individually, the studio has some really cool and talented people, but group think is prevalent. Also, they are so big now that one side might not know what the other is doing until the last minute or a company meeting. On the podcast, they talked about how different divisions showed of their own part of game. Visions clash and that's why some parts of Destiny feel disjointed.

I think everyone loves the raid and would want Bungie to just fix the glitches and loot distribution, but other than that everyone was happy. I'd even say the raid is what's keeping us a lot of us core guys around (at least I know it does for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom