• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I'm really curious as to how they plan on balancing Thorn. If it was as simple as them swapping out some upgrade perks like they did to the Pocket Infinity nerf, it would've been done by now. I wonder what is taking them so long for Thorn and Bad Juju?

I found a good way to level fast is playing Crucible if Control or Clash are giving out the XP bonus. The score you get in Crucible matches is the exp you get so get a Shotgun and go straight yolo, it doesn't matter if you die a lot you just need to get kills to increase your score. Heavy weapons are really good too because they give the most points for kills and enable easier multikills for even more points.

Does the daily XP bonus last all day or just for the first game you play?

Flayer

wait

certain playlists have an exp bonus sometimes? didn't know that
Yeah, there will always be one Crucible playlist with an exp bonus. You can easily tell because it will be listed on the same bar on the left where the dailies and weeklies are shown.

Daemul

What is the best Pulse Rifle? I'm using the Stranger's Rifle (fully upgraded) at the moment with my Level 19 Warlock and I love it but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough at higher levels (24-30). I've tried the Bad Juju and it sucks (not enough ammo capacity).

Any Legendary or Exotic I should try to acquire?

My beloved, which other people call Red Death, is the best gun in the game. Pray to RNGesus for Xur to sell it again or for you to get it from a drop or from decrypting an engram.

FyreWulff

Yeah, there will always be one Crucible playlist with an exp bonus. You can easily tell because it will be listed on the same bar on the left where the dailies and weeklies are shown.

oh damn i thought that was just a quickjump to a suggested playlist

todd360

What level is your alt now fig? I'm still at level 11. I'm not sure of you worked on it today or not. I'll wait for you to get on so we can play story missions if your not already to far past my level.

You don't wanna do PVE? Just bite the bullet and do PVE campaign plus bounties. You'll get to 20 pretty quick. In my experience crucible bounties take a lot longer

I'm biting the bullet right now and doing it. I'm at the end of Venus campaign. Won't be able to hop back on until probably 6:30 or 7 tonight though since I left my apartment to go to my university for a review session. I'm just worried I wont be able to get to level 20 by 11 tonight. .we will see.

someday

Banned
My characters so far are all female and I love it...but, I'm going to scrub my level 5 warlock and start over as an exo male. All because of the dance. I just love that robot move.

What level is your alt now fig? I'm still at level 11. I'm not sure of you worked on it today or not. I'll wait for you to get on so we can play story missions if your not already to far past my level.

Both of my alts (Hunter and Titan) are level 11 but I need to go away for work for 2 weeks tomorrow :/

I wonder what Vita Remote play would be like on the shitty works internets...

Angry Guy

Are you leveling an alt right now? Any chance it will be level 20+ by tonight and want to tackle the weekly or nightfall (hell or raid--I have an Atheon hard mode checkpoint). Im trying to level my last alt before the reset (all Hunters so I share armor--I have no shame in trying to get these weapons and armor).

I'd love to sit in on this if I can get my Titan up to 27+ by tonight-unless you don't want to cheese, of course. I want as many rolls as I can get before the reset and I doubt I'll be able to get that character ready for hard legit by then.

MADGAME

I was wondering, with the baby bumper update that gives Atheon safety from falling off the ledge, do the guardians get the same benefit? If not then that's a bit unfair; part of the danger in the VoG is ensuring you don't fall into the abyss. If this is a programming "workaround" to prevent him from falling off it's a bit lame as opposed to coding him to be cautious/make decisions. Not saying they shouldn't fix the cheese, just considering if he should be immune to falling off the ledge 100% of the time instead of facing the same risks in battle as we do.

deadeye

What is the best Pulse Rifle? I'm using the Stranger's Rifle (fully upgraded) at the moment with my Level 19 Warlock and I love it but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough at higher levels (24-30). I've tried the Bad Juju and it sucks (not enough ammo capacity).

Any Legendary or Exotic I should try to acquire?

I basically use only Pulse Rifles. Red Death is good, but my favorite by far is Strange Suspect.

LoiAwJm.png

Deku Tree

If you invite me to raid, please tell me two things. One. Where are you in the raid? Two. Normal or hard? Otherwise I may not respond because I may not want to quit my current objective just to find out the answers to those questions.

Sergoes

If folks are truly up for doing the Flawless Raider trophy, I'm down. That's about the only thing I want to do that's raid-related.

If you need a 29, probably 30 Sunsinger, I'd be down to do this if there's room. With 81% trophy progress, I feel like I need to finish this.

Biff

Friends, regarding the Crucible/Vanguard merchants that require marks and level 2 rep to buy gear:

Do the substats on their items ever change? If I wait long enough, will Lord Shaxx's gauntlets offer auto rifle reload speed buff? Or will it always be plasma rifle? :(

I understand the armor never changes.. Just hoping the substats "restock". Thanks!!

Anyone know the answer? I've been googling to no avail.

Nah, haven't been able to play today so I'm still level 6. :/ A couple of missions and bounties should get me closer to your level hopefully.

todd360

Nah, haven't been able to play today so I'm still level 6. :/ A couple of missions and bounties should get me closer to your level hopefully.

When are you getting on today? I will just help you get through the moon missions real quick so we can play venus missions.

Fitts

I basically use only Pulse Rifles. Red Death is good, but my favorite by far is Strange Suspect.

LoiAwJm.png

Have you tried the Vanguard pulse rifle yet? (Vox something) I accidentally purchased it the other night in a drunken blur and I don't care for it at all so far.

Eric WK

My favorite is when I put my shield up and the enemy dances outside of it to taunt me, and while they are dancing I peak out stick them with a magnetic grenade. Now that shit is funny.

Leveling my second Titan so I can run the raid and nightfall with him 2x...This is not really fun lol.

What level are you at? Doing a second hunter for the same purpose and the company would be nice.

I won't be on for a little bit yet today, though.

I'd love to sit in on this if I can get my Titan up to 27+ by tonight-unless you don't want to cheese, of course. I want as many rolls as I can get before the reset and I doubt I'll be able to get that character ready for hard legit by then.

I'm more than happy to let you sit in or at least get the checkpoint for yourself as well. Send me a friend request (on PSN: Darryl_M_R) if we aren't already friend and a message. It will be later tonight though when I do it (let's say 11pm est). If this is too late for you or if I don't hit the level for my alt in time I can give you the checkpoint when I get back home.

Fbh

First time and enneagram gives me a legendrary Item :D
Aaaaaand it's a cape....aaands it's for another class :(

Where do you guys even get exotic gear?. I've been playing a lot of PVP and it's filled with level 27+ people yet I've never seen anyone get anything other than blue items

Fitts

Finally got an exotic reward from Crucible -- Thunderlord.

-Initial reaction: "I'm sad it's not Hawkmoon."

-After using: "This thing is beastly in PVP." (no upgrades yet)

EDIT: This is the first exotic I've gotten since the engram patch. Since then, I still have yet to have any blue ascent to purple and legendaries have become fewer and further between. (and yield ascendants more often than not)

Raxus

Have you tried the Vanguard pulse rifle yet? (Vox something) I accidentally purchased it the other night in a drunken blur and I don't care for it at all so far.

Vox PLO? I got one from a drop that is pretty good but most pulse rifles are garbage tier.

Angry Guy

I'm more than happy to let you sit in or at least get the checkpoint for yourself as well. Send me a friend request (on PSN: Darryl_M_R) if we aren't already friend and a message. It will be later tonight though when I do it (let's say 11pm est). If this is too late for you or if I don't hit the level for my alt in time I can give you the checkpoint when I get back home.

That's actually perfect, I'll have plenty of time to level up and get the extra grenade perk on the Armamentarium. Thanks a lot!

Is there any room for 1 more for this raid on Tuesday? I can be level 29 for it but if you are looking for all 30's let me know.
Seems like there is room for the clan and flawless raiders trophy. Send me a fr, same as my name. No idea what time would be best as of now.

Fitts

Vox PLO? I got one from a drop that is pretty good but most pulse rifles are garbage tier.

Does yours have different perks than the vendor version? I can't blame anyone other than myself for hitting the wrong button, but I went in intending to compare Swarm and fusion rifles.

Raxus

Does yours have different perks than the vendor version? I can't blame anyone other than myself for hitting the wrong button, but I went in intending to compare Swarm and fusion rifles.

It does but I'd have to check. It's been ages since I have used a pulse rifle now that I have all the raid guns.

ALL the raid guns.

Last big gun on my list I am missing is the Hawkmoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom