• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowai

What are some of the better handguns?

I got Thorn but it's a bit poopy, but I'm looking at The Devil You Know from the vanguard shop.

Fatebringer is hands down my favorite if you can do the heroic raid.

I'm a big fan of legendary primary weapons so I can use an exotic secondary or heavy.

Red Hand IX and the Devil You Know are also pretty great.

How do you like the Hawkmoon?

It's my main weapon when not dealing with the Hive (for the Hive you want an auto-rifle or explosives). Very powerful, very accurate (I don't even use scout rifles), you can kill shit from miles away. Also, the ammo capacity (13 rounds) is decent.

10/10 would use again

I got Thorn but it's a bit poopy, but I'm looking at The Devil You Know from the vanguard shop.

Hawkmoon. If you don't have a PlayStation, then I'm sorry.

Did about half-3/4 of the raid with my bro today and some gaffers until our cable went out, just got it back on ugh. Well it was fun but don't think I'll be doing it again, it just to long. Miss the days when I could play a game for 4hrs + straight...

The raid is definitely no designed around my play schedule.

My group's first week took 6 hours, the second week we ran it twice because we have 7 members now and it took about 2 1/2 hours the first time and 2 hours the second. Our third week, it took us 1 hour 15 minutes (went looking for the hidden templar chests) and by our last run of the week, we took 45 min (decided to try to cheese atheon and totally wasted 15 minutes doing that).

Once you've run the raid successfully, it becomes much easier and less time consuming. I will say that it helps that we run with the same people and they all know their roles. The randomizing for Atheon next week will be interesting but I don't think it'll be too much an issue

RexNovis

Banned
So given a lot of the negativity surrounding Destiny and it's grindiness of late a friend of mine decided to create a video about why he thinks the game is fun: playing with friends. I've become increasingly disenchanted by the grind by the grind of the game lately but it's always a blast screwing around with friends in the game and Destiny simply provides the best platform to mess around and do genuinely stupid but nonetheless hilarious shit better than any other game out for current gen consoles. It is precisely that reason that I still hop on to play every now and again.

If you wanna check it out I've embedded a link below.

Video

EL CUCO

I'm trying to upgrade it but it's taking forever for me. I hate how full auto mode craps out on me randomly.

Also how is your alt coming along (I think you are leveling one right)? I have a hard mode atheon point I can share it to if you need it.

Just got to 20 today. I just finished running the weekly with it.

For sure I'll take you up on the offer for Checkpoint. If you dont mind waiting for me, I'm going to watch some TWD with my wife now and I'll be right on for the cheese, before Bungie takes it. I'll msg you when I'm on.

ocean

Banned
I ran the Raid with a group of experienced, well-geared, appropriate-level GAF peeps. It's a completely different experience.

We basically breezed through it in an hour with a single wipe (excluding asshole Gorgons), even got the no teleporting Templar chest.

I hope I can get it on a similarly skilled group after the reset. This was fun :)

Zocano

I ran the Raid with a group of experienced, well-geared, appropriate-level GAF peeps. It's a completely different experience.

We basically breezed through it in an hour with a single wipe (excluding asshole Gorgons), even got the no teleporting Templar chest.

I hope I can get it on a similarly skilled group after the reset. This was fun :)

RNG Gods blessed me something fierce.

Hawkmoon. If you don't have a PlayStation, then I'm sorry.

I'm probably not getting that unless I accidentally trip over it. I'll stick with The Devil You Know for now, I guess.

Also are there *any* decent pulse rifles? I really like them but none of the ones I've used seem any good.

ocean

Banned
Vision of Confluence and MIDA from Atheon was a slap in the face and I hate you. Also, congratulations :p

Let's hope we can get the same group together after the reset? I have two characters to run the Raid on.

Zocano

Vision of Confluence and MIDA from Atheon was a slap in the face and I hate you. Also, congratulations :p

Let's hope we can get the same group together after the reset? I have two characters to run the Raid on.

I do as well (2 characters I mean).

Is the MIDA good?

Just got to 20 today. I just finished running the weekly with it.

For sure I'll take you up on the offer for Checkpoint. If you dont mind waiting for me, I'm going to watch some TWD with my wife now and I'll be right on for the cheese, before Bungie takes it. I'll msg you when I'm on.

Alright well I'm trying to do the cheese around 11 (maybe even nightfall if you are down). Let me know if you need to just hop on to grab the checkpoint then bounce

anddo0

People already listed the best Legendary/Exotic handguns.
But, if you ever come across the Nifty Biscuit. It's a pretty bad-ass rare hand cannon.

Got the Monte Carlo from a Raid chest. Lucky me. Still have to defeat Atheon on normal and hard, but that will come later. And word of advice for those attempting the raid fresh: If you're going into the Raid equipped with rare weapons, then you have no business entering the raid IMO

ocean

Banned
I do as well (2 characters I mean).

Is the MIDA good?

I like it a lot. My previous high-tier Scout was Cryptic Dragon, which has Sniper-style range and extremely heavy impact but it's just too slow. MIDA lets you keep your radar on while you aim, has good fire rate for a Scout and decent range/impact. I was 2-shotting Goblins in the Raid and it's not even fully leveled. It's a good weapon for sure :)

I'd definitely work on upgrading Vision of Confluence first though. I haven't used it but the Solar damage + Full Auto make it sound beastly. The Oracle damage boost will also be really handy in Hard VoG runs I'd suppose.

ocean

Banned
Any tips on beating the Templar section on hard with a team of 29's?

Pay attention to the "Summoning his Legions" message and get somewhere safe. I usually defend the left side so my easiest hide spot is the cave by the stairs where the Spirit Bloom chest is.

Other than that, it's all a matter of figuring out where to stand so you can be relatively safe from sniper Hobgoblins but still be able to get the Oracles on time.

I'm probably not getting that unless I accidentally trip over it. I'll stick with The Devil You Know for now, I guess.

Also are there *any* decent pulse rifles? I really like them but none of the ones I've used seem any good.

It was a smooth Raid run for sure. If only I would have gotten something good. Legendary Ship and Raid Shotty just don't cut it for me. Maybe next time. Lol.

ocean

Banned
It was a smooth Raid run for sure. If only I would have gotten something good. Legendary Ship and Raid Shotty just don't cut it for me. Maybe next time. Lol.

I'll be free on Tuesday for another smooth-sailing Normal run. It only took us like an hour so I could even see myself doing it on both characters if we can get the group together.

Next reset is when I get Vision of Confluence. Don't let me down RNGesus; don't let me down.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Yea, PS4.

How do you cheese him?

Everyone stays down where the relic spawns and hides underneath the overhang. Warlocks use Solar grenades and Titans use Pulse grenades (not sure if Hunters can do anything). Templar will spawn in the center and just throw grenades up at him which will push him straight backwards off the edge of the map, i.e. push him past where the middle conflux spawns.

Use the relic to cleanse, don't ever take his shield down, and you will get the 5th chest guaranteed because he will never teleport

ocean

Banned
Everyone stays down where the relic spawns and hides underneath the overhang. Warlocks use Solar grenades and Titans use Pulse grenades (not sure if Hunters can do anything). Templar will spawn in the center and just throw grenades up at him which will push him straight backwards off the edge of the map, i.e. push him past where the middle conflux spawns.

Use the relic to cleanse, don't ever take his shield down, and you will get the 5th chest guaranteed because he will never teleport

Yeah just did this a few minutes ago. It works pretty well, only takes a few minutes. Just make sure you chuck your grenades at the Templar then run right back to the overhang so you can get cleansed as soon as you all get Marked (which will happen often 'cause you're not killing any Oracles). Just kill some harpies while your grenades cool down so it doesn't get too hectic down there.

forrest

formerly nacire
I've only fully upgraded one other weapon, Suros Regime. The fact that I upgraded this one means alot.

Up next, Thorn.

Yup VoC fully upgraded is a damn fine primary imo. Anything with a red shield dies so fucking fast.

Just got the poison dot passive unlocked on my Thorn. It's pretty awesome actually and I like how unique the weapon feels overall.

I'll be free on Tuesday for another smooth-sailing Normal run. It only took us like an hour so I could even see myself doing it on both characters if we can get the group together.

Next reset is when I get Vision of Confluence. Don't let me down RNGesus; don't let me down.

I'm free for Normal Raids with my alts. Even at 27 I felt like I was contributing to the team. I might hold out and try to get one piece of Raid gear before I give in and hit 28 with my alts.

anddo0

Yeah just did this a few minutes ago. It works pretty well, only takes a few minutes. Just make sure you chuck your grenades at the Templar then run right back to the overhang so you can get cleansed as soon as you all get Marked (which will happen often 'cause you're not killing any Oracles). Just kill some harpies while your grenades cool down so it doesn't get too hectic down there.

If you look at my recent post history there's a video.

Thanks, guys.

I have a hard mode checkpoint. But the guys I started it with aren't on.

ocean

Banned
I'm free for Normal Raids with my alts. Even at 27 I felt like I was contributing to the team. I might hold out and try to get one piece of Raid gear before I give in and hit 28 with my alts.

My alt Warlock is staying at 27 until I get him some Raid gear. Poor fella has nothing yet after a full Normal run and some Hard Atheon cheese. Still, once you're at 27 it's manageable to smooth-Raid if you have good weapons and know what you're doing so we'll be good.

J-Rzez

I use high Lord fixer or whatever from the crucible vendor. Always on radar and bonuses to range and accuracy with 11 rounds I can really own it in PvP and pve. Out sniping snipers is satisfying with a handgun. I get some great psn messages after some crucible rounds lol.

If The Last Word is as good as I hear it is then I have no doubt I will completely dominate PvP. I faced people with it before, but only one of those players ever gave me trouble. Don't know if all those other players were lacking or that the last word isn't all its cracked up to be. I'll never find out because this game hates me and never drops me anything good, period. It never gave me an exotic or legendary pistol yet. But it gave my friends who don't use then guns like those. So stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom