• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Thanks, guys.

I have a hard mode checkpoint. But the guys I started it with aren't on.

I can go on and try/ I don't have Hard Templar loot and it's worth a shot. Let's hope it's not too different from Normal :p

Add me (a_javierp on PS4)

BraXzy

Well shit. Me and a guy were doing the nightfall, no issues, no deaths. We gey to sepiks prime and slowly whittle the guy down, invite someone to give them an easy finish. Sepiks is on not even a quarter health and a dregg comes up the stairs in the left building and wipes us. Wtf?? I didn't think they ventured that far.

Trying to play with my friend's vita and god the PS servers are so laggy. I thought I was moving around and I get teleported to a wall.

X-Frame

I use high Lord fixer or whatever from the crucible vendor. Always on radar and bonuses to range and accuracy with 11 rounds I can really own it in PvP and pve. Out sniping snipers is satisfying with a handgun. I get some great psn messages after some crucible rounds lol.

If The Last Word is as good as I hear it is then I have no doubt I will completely dominate PvP. I faced people with it before, but only one of those players ever gave me trouble. Don't know if all those other players were lacking or that the last word isn't all its cracked up to be. I'll never find out because this game hates me and never drops me anything good, period. It never gave me an exotic or legendary pistol yet. But it gave my friends who don't use then guns like those. So stupid.

Re: The Last Word, I'd say it was because it is more of a difficult gun to do very well with. It doesn't have very good range so it's best left for mid-range gun fights which is fusion rifle and auto-rifle territory.

You can hold down the trigger for it to fire in full-auto but the recoil gets a bit too aggressive beyond close-range so most of the time you'll be rapid-firing the trigger and aiming for the head each time, which is challenging to do it consistently.

I just started using it yesterday once I got the Perfect Balance upgrade, but I am still doing better with the Lord High Fixer in PvP so far, maybe that'll change once I have more experience with TLW.

I love hand-cannons so I'll be bouncing back and forth between those 2 and Thorn and until I get Hawkmoon. I really have no interest in going back to auto-rifles, they seem so boring in comparison!

Fatebringer is hands down my favorite if you can do the heroic raid.

I'm a big fan of legendary primary weapons so I can use an exotic secondary or heavy.

Red Hand IX and the Devil You Know are also pretty great.

Lord high fixer is pretty good too but I can only imagine how good fatebringer is. Raid weapons have been a pleasant surprise for me. They're the best weapons in the game imo

Fitts

Spent the day with my new Thunderlord. It was a good day indeed.

Hoping the bounty xp tomorrow will be enough to unlock the unique perk.

Lima

Wipe. Everyone spawns back up top. One guy goes down and triggers the oracles. Everyone snipes them from the top.

Preferably a warlock sun singer with self rez. Jump off the cliff to your death. Oracles spawn and the warlock can rez up top again. Voila now all 6 people can shoot oracles.

I wonder if they'll put kill volumes there. lol

I assume they're going to lock up the spirit bloom room at some point.

The easiest change and what I think they will do is to just make everyone spawn down at the first conflux once everyone jumped down once.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Preferably a warlock sun singer with self rez. Jump off the cliff to your death. Oracles spawn and the warlock can rez up top again. Voila now all 6 people can shoot oracles.

The easiest change and what I think they will do is to just make everyone spawn down at the first conflux once everyone jumped down once.
I think the point of the checkpoint would be to basically give people the chance to regroup though. Although maybe they could just have something else trigger the oracle phase.

Looking for 3 more people for Normal Raid from the beginning on PS4. Doing it with 2 buddies who are new to it. I'm level 29 and they are level 26 and one has run it once up to Atheon and one is starting fresh so it won't be a speed run or anything. Send an friend request to MrJellyBean if you want to join in.

So this hard mode Vault of Glass is serious business. My group that is all 29's that breezes through normal mode can't make it past the confluxes on Templar on hard. Tough stuff.

Having an Alt Titan and Hunter made me realise that they both have an extra action to their punch button.
Titans have shoulder tackle and Hunters knife throw.

Am i missing something or do Warlocks not have an extra action aswell?

Lima

Having an Alt Titan and Hunter made me realise that they both have an extra action to their punch button.
Titans have shoulder tackle and Hunters knife throw.

Am i missing something or do Warlocks not have an extra action aswell?

They don't need any. Their fucking punch has sniper rifle like range.

Anyone up for killing Xyor or doing the Weekly Strike on the PS4? I have bounties for each and I'd like to clear one out at least.

EDIT: Agh, nevermind. Have to run out real quick. Maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom