• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna make a second Warlock. I guess I can just alternate equipment between my new and level 30. Wish there wasn't a three character limit though, would still like to create a Hunter and Titan.

RedFury

I would only mind the cheese if the chef hadn't fucked the recipe he was supposed to give us.
I agree with this. There are so many things wrong with the raid. They hotfix exploits yet fail to act on the glitches. It's pretty ridiculous leaving Venus portal and instead of being in boss room, end up on mars. Having a teammate tell you he's in boss room but still in other world in your instance. Ugh...the list goes on.

I dismantled it yesterday. Didn't seem like it was worth it to me. And I'm not a big fan of AR's anyway so.

I would never dismantle an exotic if only to collect them. I've had Hard Light for a couple of weeks and I haven't bothered to use it outside of few shots to test it out. It's completely outclassed by Suros Regime though.

Yep. We haven't started. 3 are in orbit now. I'm booting up PS4, grabbing a drink, and then we're rolling out, if you two are in. Feel free to shoot me a friend request if I don't get to you first: VincentAlexander

If you need another I'll join. Was going to run it with my alt tomorrow, but I guess I'll just do it now if you got a spot. PSN is MrJellyBean.

Aries nemesis, cryptic dragon or lord high fixer?

I already have a bad seed down, grim citizen so need something to complement that loadout...

I've heard cryptic dragon is most versatile but not sure with new patch

Lord High Fixer or Cryptic Dragon just depending on your weapon preference. I chose the former today with my marks.

I would only mind the cheese if the chef hadn't fucked the recipe he was supposed to give us.

Oh I get it, I didn't say it was just the people wanting to cheese. It's how the devs responded to the exploit and other problems as well. The exploit just highlighted for me how little the devs were willing to work on the problems. People so wantonly taking advantage of it doesn't help either, but it's mainly a problem with the developers at this point.

TTG

PVE is mostly non existent to Bungie. Yes, they cater mostly to pvpers and the nerfs are universal, excluding the rebuff Vex. Mostly because they pissed off the PVE players.

Psst, the "PVE" in this game isn't very good, I don't know if you noticed. I would gladly replay The Silent Cartographer over and over again for some engrams, but that game doesn't exist. In the process of mmoing their fps they've lost a lot of what made their games outstanding. So, my advice would be to embrace the pvp and maybe do some dailies, cheese some nightfalls and whatever.

NastyBook

"Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics."

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10172014/en/News/News?aid=12295
A buff all around for Exotics would be nice. I don't mind being the lone Monte Carlo user taking it to Suros users, though. Still, another nerf to the Suros just seems stupid.

EDIT: And while you're in the process of un-fucking up your past Exotic nerfs, please re-buff the Pocket Infinity for PvE as well. Shit's sitting in my Hunter's inventory collecting dust. The rate of the fire on that thing is a cosmic joke.

Cytezan

Anyone willing to run my level 28 titan through atheon hard? Kinda wanna get the helm before the randomization update.

I got a 29 hunter i can run it with too, if thats preferred.

When would you need it by? I don't mind doing that.
Just did it. Used the top of getting to the end myself, get the boss down to the very end, then have a friend act as a bridge as I switch over to my low level alt.

So I now completed the nightfall and heroic on all the of my character slots for the first time during the same week. During one nightfall I got ten strange coins and just now got nine. That is a total of 46 strange coins in one week :/

Wish I could buy legendary armor with coins to speed up my alt or at least cool class items without spending motes.

jay23

It's taking a long time to upgrade this Last Word - I want that stability perk! The kick on this gun is crazy when fan firing.

It's so worth it especially if you're a gun slinger. When those stability modifiers start to stack you can kill anyone at mid range just by hip firing.

Carting items between alts is really annoying, I keep forgetting something and then I have to switch back and watch several loads before I can remedy my mistake. If only it loaded straight to the tower if you switched while in the tower. Although I wish the vault was just acessible in orbit. My spaceship has a storage compartment right? It looks like a space minivan anyway.

Bollocks

Man, fuck RNGesus

I'm just a little shy of 28 and so far only got 2 purple engrams which decrypted into the same weapons.
All my purple gear I had to buy, including body armor from Xur to get where I'm now.

My crew gets purple/yellow loot all the time and I always get fucked with coins.
Exotic bounties? haha
Oh there's a gold chest? I open it -> nothing.

tldr: my destiny experience

NastyBook

Fuckin' A, Rahool. Just got a Steel Oracle from a blue engram that has increased reload speed when the mag is empty, and CLUSTER BOMBS.

Gordon

The RNGods have deemed me worthy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ http://i.imgur.com/3YT1tQi.png
I have had such shit luck with loot, I finally got an exotic weapon (Invective) the other day by finishing a missive, and now it decides to give me something that's not crap. Up until now I've been running around in the crucible with a scout rifle or a magnum and a blue fusion rifle or a mediocre Epitaph, getting stomped on like an idiot by the suros collective lol

So here's a question - is experience granted to each weapon/item equally or is it divided? Is it faster for me to level up my sexy new Hard Light if I equip all maxed out gear?

NastyBook

I have had such shit luck with loot, I finally got an exotic weapon (Invective) the other day by finishing a missive, and now it decides to give me something that's not crap. Up until now I've been running around in the crucible with a scout rifle or a magnum and a blue fusion rifle or a mediocre Epitaph, getting stomped on like an idiot by the suros collective lol

So here's a question - is experience granted to each weapon/item equally or is it divided? Is it faster for me to level up my sexy new Hard Light if I equip all maxed out gear?
Yes to your last question. If you want the majority of the XP to go to your exotic, equip gear that's fully maxed.

EDIT: Just got A Light in the Dark bounty. I ain't afraid you, Thorn. I got Atheon, Preadyth, and the Truth ready for those Void damage kills.

Yes to your last question. If you want the majority of the XP to go to your exotic, equip gear that's fully maxed.

No, No, NOOOOOOOOO! stop recommending this it's utterly wrong. Reward xp is distributed evenly, it's been tested and proven. The only xp that isn't distributed evenly is weapon xp from kills, that goes to to weapon you killed the enemy with and your armour.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...xp_applies_equally_across_all_gear_it_is_not/
http://i.imgur.com/NrmMIG3.jpg

It's granted to each. Your Hard Light will get the same amount of xp regardless.

kaiiri

wasn't it proven that all exp is put out evenly to anything not leveled? like if you turn in a bounty for 1000 exp... 1000 exp goes into anything not fully leveled? meaning you don't have limit your non fully upgraded thing to the thong you're trying to boost?

(I'll see if I can find the thread)

Gordon

Thanks- that'll save me some time :) Okay whoa so levelling all my gear lol :)
Now I just need to decide between the default accurized ballistics or the aggressive ballistics, taking a hit to range for bonus impact and stability.
I can't believe how nice this gun feels. I've never had a weapon feel so smooth without any upgrades.

NastyBook

Psst, the "PVE" in this game isn't very good, I don't know if you noticed. I would gladly replay The Silent Cartographer over and over again for some engrams, but that game doesn't exist. In the process of mmoing their fps they've lost a lot of what made their games outstanding. So, my advice would be to embrace the pvp and maybe do some dailies, cheese some nightfalls and whatever.
The PVP is trash tier. I rather play Halo pvp then that. See what I did there?

Jinjo

You guys know of the chest respawning glitch with leaving and entering the area right? I was wondering if this would be possible with gold chests too. The 4th Mars chest in particular (farming strange coins yo). I'm guessing by altering the order in which you pick up the chests you can manipulate in getting one that's near an area entry/exit. Anyone got any idea which might be the best chest for this or has given this a go/can test it (with other gold chests)?

Zakalwe

Banned
Off work sick today. If anyone needs a level 30 Titan for anything just ask.

Heroic, Nightfall, Raid (normal or hard), anything. Completed everything I need for the week.

Psn: astropoff

You guys know of the chest respawning glitch with leaving and entering the area right? I was wondering if this would be possible with gold chests too. The 4th Mars chest in particular (farming strange coins yo). I'm guessing by altering the order in which you pick up the chests you can manipulate in getting one that's near an area entry/exit. Anyone got any idea which might be the best chest for this or has given this a go/can test it (with other gold chests)?

goddamn Jinjo trying to find that super cheese eh ;D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Once you open a Gold Chest it opens and vanishes, most of the Gold Chest aren't by a quick zone swap, so it doesn't work

Also most chests that can do this got patched out

Also anyone complaining about the cheese, it's Bungie's fault for having a raid this fucking broken and not fixing it
Yes they'll nerf hammer the Vex within a week, but shit that really needs to be fixed like glitched portals, bugs that really do sour the experience are still there

Portal team members does everything right, goes through portal, yet doesn't get ported, now they're fully blind, waste time getting them or wipe to restart
Ported team only 2 players get ported
Supplicants fall off edge yet hover in the air, keep shooting at you
Lag can make you feel like you killed a Praetorian or Minotaur, guess what? they get back their health and when you catch up, they have their shield back...

Once you open a Gold Chest it opens and vanishes, most of the Gold Chest aren't by a quick zone swap, so it doesn't work

Not the ones on venus. Get that spirit bloom while you can. You can pick up 5 spirit bloom + a chest on venus and zone out near the og farming spot. There's like 3 spots to zone out in too so it takes no effort to set up.

Gordon

As far as PvP goes, it would be cool if there were some playlists with weapon restrictions. Auto rifles are always going to dominate unless they get nerfed to being pointless - the maps are just suited to AR play, as is the game's movement speed. That said, if there was a playlist where you had to keep a hand cannon equipped to get in, you could enjoy your hand cannon and not get mowed down at every corner. I know destiny is all about building a custom character and all, but having niche playlists to dabble with when you've got the gear would really diversify pvp. And how is there no SWAT? I mean even without weapon restrictions losing the shields would give non-auto primaries a chance.

Jinjo

goddamn Jinjo trying to find that super cheese eh ;D

I'm on a mission to break this game down to the ground and expose Bungie's lack of QA' ing this game lol.

Hmm crap. Seems I wasn't the first who thought of this lol. They didn't patch out all the normal chests that can do that though. Got a good chest spot to farm spinmetal, filaments and spirit bloom this way. Not sure about Relic Iron but I rarely need that for my gear.

Zakalwe

Banned
As far as PvP goes, it would be cool if there were some playlists with weapon restrictions. Auto rifles are always going to dominate unless they get nerfed to being pointless - the maps are just suited to AR play, as is the game's movement speed. That said, if there was a playlist where you had to keep a hand cannon equipped to get in, you could enjoy your hand cannon and not get mowed down at every corner. I know destiny is all about building a custom character and all, but having niche playlists to dabble with when you've got the gear would really diversify pvp. And how is there no SWAT? I mean even without weapon restrictions losing the shields would give non-auto primaries a chance.

RE: hand cannons. The trick is to play a little more cautiously, stay with your team and fight from mid to long range as much as you can.

They're perfectly viable, you just don't have as much free reign to sprint around the map.

Unless you have TLW, then you can play the mid to cqc game much more effectively.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Not the ones on venus. Get that spirit bloom while you can. You can pick up 5 spirit bloom + a chest on venus and zone out near the og farming spot. There's like 3 spots to zone out in too so it takes no effort to set up.

Really?

Did not know this 1

Not sure if I should push 29 with my Warlock. I'm hoping to get the sunbro chest at some point but for now I've already got the raid chest and it rolled pretty good (120+ discipline). I'd have to max out both that and my Sunbreakers to get there but it'll cost me all my ass shards. I just know I'm gonna get sunbro chest once I'm content in not having it.

God damn RNG. Stupid Xur I gambled 3 effing chests you sonofabitch fujck

Bollocks

Does Vanguard rank matter?
I'm about to buy a helmet but I'm just 300 shy of lvl3.
Should I level up to 3 and then buy it or can I buy it right away?

Ken

level 3 gets you a random vanguard vendor item or energy/shards lol

i cant remmeber if it's weapons only or gear too

Zakalwe

Banned

Rank 2 - Armour
Rank 3 - weapons and sparrows
Rank 4+ - reward for each level (only ever seen weapons or ascendent mats)

Aside from emblems, that's it.

Edit: yes, buy it now. There's no effect if you rank up first.

Armor you can buy at Rank 2 Crucible/Vanguard/Factions, Weapons require Rank 3.

If you reach level 3 and any level after 3 you get a guaranteed legendary item (weapons/armor/ascendant/bonds etc). Also can be more than one.

Zakalwe

Banned
Armor you can buy at Rank 2 Crucible/Vanguard/Factions, Weapons require Rank 3.

If you reach level 3 and any level after 3 you get a guaranteed legendary item (weapons/armor/ascendant/bonds etc). Also can be more than one.

Armour for sure?

Not seen it myself across three characters, would like it confirmed by someone who's had it.

Nodnol

I've had armor from a Vanguard package. They gave me a cloak and a chest piece, as well two other items. Definitely possible.

Jinjo

Really?

Did not know this 1

It's at the Ember Caves. There's a cave to the far right on the road that leads to The Citadel. It's right on the edge of the area, wild spirit bloom spawn there too. If you're lucky you get a spirit bloom spawn near the entrance of the citadel too. Same for helium filaments, the area where you spawn in. There's a cave up to the left (near the building), use that one and just continue the road to the left to hellmouth and back again. Loose filaments can spawn near the building too. Spinmetal method in rocketyard/the divide still works too in my experience. Again, if you're lucky you get both a spinmetal spawn in the divide AND rocketyard.

I was thinking, about those gold chests. If you're with two players I assume it doesn't despawn as long as the other doesn't pick up the chest. What if player two keeps the chest up and player 1 just keeps going back and forth? Might be a stretch, but worth a try. Would be amazing to get this method to work, dat strange coin farming potential.

Tekku

Rank 2 - Armour
Rank 3 - weapons and sparrows
Rank 4+ - reward for each level (only ever seen weapons or ascendent mats)

Aside from emblems, that's it.

Edit: yes, buy it now. There's no effect if you rank up first.

Rank 10+ with factions grants you faction shaders. But I don't know if this applies to the Vanguard and Crucible vendors as well.

It's at the Ember Caves. There's a cave to the far right on the road that leads to The Citadel. It's right on the edge of the area, wild spirit bloom spawn there too.

I was thinking, about those gold chests. If you're with two players I assume it doesn't despawn as long as the other doesn't pick up the chest. What if player two keeps the chest up and player 1 just keeps going back and forth? Might be a stretch, but worth a try. Would be amazing to get this method to work, dat strange coin farming potential.

That's a terrible one, I'll grab a video of my run in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom