• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Hey, I'm from Wisconsin I like my cheese. But I guess I just don't see Atheon really all that difficult to face. Plus people skip whole portions of the raid as well...idk just seems to defeat the whole purpose.

Just doesn't sit right with me. :<

Well when you've done it several times legit and all he keeps giving you is shards then you end up not really caring anymore and just getting the checkpoint and getting it over with.

Lexad

Been running a Warlock since midnight at launch. Love the character. Stick with Sunsinger during PVE with buddies and Voidwalker in PVP. I feel like even if I were to resurrect, I am immediately gunned down again and the extra shielding ability doesn't seem to do much.

Lvl 28 now, just waiting for a few friends to get up to lvl 28 to begin running the raid. Running Shadow Price and Icebreaker/Pocket Infinity. Trying to get some additional elemental weapons while I can for the different nightfalls and the raid. Love the ammo regeneration though as it is great when Juggler is active. I never even used a sniper before I got icebreaker. I am not very good at crucible but I almost always get objectively correct in Control.

Has anyone ever tested whether cross platforms share raid lockouts? ie clear stuff on a PS4, switch over to PS3, log in to same characters, will you get more loot from vault of glass, nightfall, etc or are you weekly raid lockouts preserved across platforms?

I have tested logging in and with the same PSN account you see the exact same character and gear, even seconds after getting something new. But my PS3 is at a relatives house (loaning to cousin since I don't play it anymore) so I didn't get a chance to actually try raiding anything.

Yeezus

Any bets on what we're going to complain about after they nerf the Suros Regime? I got my money on the Invective.

RedFury

Has anyone ever tested whether cross platforms share raid lockouts? ie clear stuff on a PS4, switch over to PS3, log in to same characters, will you get more loot from vault of glass, nightfall, etc or are you weekly raid lockouts preserved across platforms?

I have tested logging in and with the same PSN account you see the exact same character and gear, even seconds after getting something new. But my PS3 is at a relatives house (loaning to cousin since I don't play it anymore) so I didn't get a chance to actually try raiding anything.
Didn't think of that but if it doesn't that's a huge oversight on bungies part.

RedFury

If someone well help carry my level 25 defender alt through the nightfall I'll do the same for you with my level 30 Warlock. PS4. Name same as here.
Just do what other gaffers helped me do. Carry your own weight with main leave like <10% on boss then switch out to alt, rejoin. I also suggest you complete nightfall then weekly. It'll net you ~1000 faction points.

When they nerf these guns, do they get nerfed outside of PvP? I haven't leveled up my Suros yet, but if it gets nerfed---well then. Fuck it. I'll toss that shite in the garbage.

When they nerf these guns, do they get nerfed outside of PvP? I haven't leveled up my Suros yet, but if it gets nerfed---well then. Fuck it. I'll toss that shite in the garbage.

PVE is mostly non existent to Bungie. Yes, they cater mostly to pvpers and the nerfs are universal, excluding the rebuff Vex. Mostly because they pissed off the PVE players.

PVE is mostly non existent to Bungie. Yes, they cater mostly to pvpers and the nerfs are universal, excluding the rebuff Vex. Mostly because they pissed off the PVE players.

And they'll continue pissing off PvErs. Shotguns are ruined now because of their range nerf. Literally the worst weapon to use in Nightfall or the Raid.

WarWolf

And they'll continue pissing off PvErs. Shotguns are ruined now because of their range nerf. Literally the worst weapon to use in Nightfall or the Raid.

It's amazing how in the future shotgun range has been limited to 5 feet. The only reason I haven't finished upgrading Invective is because they're so useless in PVE.

Well, that shit is depressing about PvE. I can't believe how much they fucked up PvP, and are now going to keep slapping PvE around to fix PvP.

Looking for 2 more for Normal Raid. Starting---now! Got 4 in orbit. Mostly vets. PS4.

Don't forget the Atheon teleport changes that will happen soon.

Yeah....it's...it's baffling.

It's amazing how in the future shotgun range has been limited to 5 feet. The only reason I haven't finished upgrading Invective is because they're so useless in PVE.

This is why I've completely dropped my Universal Remote. Even a level 20 Blue Revolver is better than it is! That's a freaking problem.

YcUrzCA.jpg

This baby right here. Up to this point, I've only used this gun and my Universal Remote. The fact that this revolver has seen more use and bloodshed than my UR...is an issue. The fact that the nerf to shotguns have made exotic shotguns worse than a Blue...is well, just shitty.(It's special perk is it increases it's effective range while scoping down more than normal, meaning it literally rivals sniper rifles in terms of output)(Edit:Edit:Bungie talked about forging a story with the weapons you get, well I've forged a pretty epic saga of this gun. This gun has kept me sane throughout the whole damn game. It's practically the best primary weapon I have aside from my UR, I recently got a Purple Scout Rifle that I'm begrudgingly using, but this damn Revolver here, me and it go back. i'm never dismantling it.)

Like Holy crap, the UR was my first exotic. I hate to put it on the sidelines but...It's just unusable in the higher tiers of PvE. It's saddening.

Rtas

Anyone up for cheesing atheon normal on xbox 1 I've got the checkpoint just looking for some people who can do the cheese. Not able to get on again monday night so my last chance of the week to get the raid completed

Stubo

I'm hoping I can find a good group of players to complete the hard mode raid tonight on Xbox One before the teleport (and cheese) changes make it multiple times harder to find a good enough group to clear.

I played last night in a group with 29s and a level 30 guy who only had a bunch of 267 attack primaries. Needless to say he wasn't as much of a help as we all wanted him to be.

I only need the raid gauntlets!

Don't know which Destiny thread they check, so I figured I'd post it again here:

Cheers to deathman1000, Robtiide, GoodCoffeeJoey, Iceman829, and III Kain III for a great run through the Raid.

If the hour wasn't getting ludicrous and the number of new and ridiculous ways the game was glitching the portals wasn't getting infuriating, we could have finished it off. Maybe next time. :)

Still, the journey was fun, as was the conversation. Good times, all told.

Rtas

Don't know which Destiny thread they check, so I figured I'd post it again here:

Cheers to deathman1000, Robtiide, GoodCoffeeJoey, Iceman829, and III Kain III for a great run through the Raid.

If the hour wasn't getting ludicrous and the number of new and ridiculous ways the game was glitching the portals wasn't getting infuriating, we could have finished it off. Maybe next time. :)

Still, the journey was fun, as was the conversation. Good times, all told.

Absolutely fantastic run, just irritating glitching portals ruined the end of an otherwise amazing raid.

10/10 Guys would raid with again.

-Deathman

Rtas

Cheese killed my interest in the game and clogged the threads arteries. Annoying indeed.

I'd normally agree but I'd really like to actually get this raid done this week before the reset wouldn't want all the work from the real raid I did with the guys to go to waste

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Reposting from the other thread:

My roommate and I are still wanting to attempt any aspect of the raid on normal. We are both lvl 28. PS4.

Bizazedo

Completed the hard mode raid again tonight. One of my buddies in the raid got hawkmoon, vex mythoclastz, the helm, and something else all off of Atheonkill.

I am NOT jealous. Honest. Really. Well at least I already have the ship.

joecanada

Aries nemesis, cryptic dragon or lord high fixer?

I already have a bad seed down, grim citizen so need something to complement that loadout...

I've heard cryptic dragon is most versatile but not sure with new patch

Jinjo

Absolutely fantastic run, just irritating glitching portals ruined the end of an otherwise amazing raid.

10/10 Guys would raid with again.

-Deathman

The amount of times a perfect Atheon run got ruined for me is ridiculous. I don't mind the adding of difficulty to the raid, but getting a perfect run ruined through some dumb glitches is infuriating. No wonder people are looking for ways to cheese with the amount of times the game itself fucks you over.

No wonder people are looking for ways to cheese with the amount of times the game itself fucks you over.
Amen to that. I don't feel an ounce of guilt. I had a raid last week where we got to Atheon with damn good time. Maybe an hour and 30 minutes? Then we went to glitch hell, popping in/out of portals. Dying in the relic shield (as the shield holder). Etc. Took us another hour and a half.

Rtas

The amount of times a perfect Atheon run got ruined for me is ridiculous. I don't mind the adding of difficulty to the raid, but getting a perfect run ruined through some dumb glitches is infuriating. No wonder people are looking for ways to cheese with the amount of times the game itself fucks you over.

We literally had him down to like the second last main attack during the buff and half of us got glitched in the portal unable to get out. Utterly ridiculous and just ruined the fun of it

Amen to that. I don't feel an ounce of guilt. I had a raid last week where we got to Atheon with damn good time. Maybe an hour and 30 minutes? Then we went to glitch hell, popping in/out of portals. Dying in the relic shield (as the shield holder). Etc. Took us another hour and a half.

Same for us we maybe got there in 2 hours what with breaks and stuff, but another 3 at least just on atheon and the glitching just fucked us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom