• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've seen conflicting reports on this and don't know what to believe anymore.

According to a test documented in a Reddit thread, each weapon/item gets the full amount (last page or the one before it has a link).

You could always test it for yourself to be sure

Fitts

According to a test documented in a Reddit thread, each weapon/item gets the full amount (last page or the one before it has a link).

You could always test it for yourself to be sure

Thanks. I figured Reddit had it covered but couldn't find anything.

Special C

Venus spirit bloom video 2: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1491939737759854&l=1990754294121099130

I'd do the third zone but I'm kinda lazy today you probably get the drift. You can zone out into the archive mission zone as well so pretty much every chest spawn is farmable. Which means if your chest spawn gets messed up because some dude runs by it takes no effort to reset.

Can someone explain the chests respawning? I thought it was just on a straight timer, I didn't know zoning had anything to do with it since you share your world with others.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Is it right that the level cap is going to go up to 32 when the dark below hits?

I'm just wondering how they'll do this. I really hope it's not another set of raid gear.

Ghekkus

This might be common knowledge but if not, it's a good tip to knock out certain bounties more quickly.

If you exit without triggering the next check point in some missions you can come back to it later on the same difficulty.

An example would be The Archive mission on Venus and the 2 bounties associated with it. One bounty has you kill the Servitor at the beginning of the mission, and the other is to kill the named Fallen at the end. If I have to kill the Servitor I load the game on level 28 difficulty and exit to orbit once it give me credit.

If I have to kill the named Fallen I'll load the first heroic level, do the event and exit to orbit as soon as it give me credit. Next time I have to go there for that bounty it loads me in the Archive room to do the event again.

It works on The Garden's Spire as well, when I load in on the first heroic difficulty it puts me at the bridge portion which cuts out a good chunk of time.

You can use it on the "We've woken the Hive" mission as well. Just don't kill the Hive Knight and the next time you load it on the same difficulty should should be right at the bridge. This is where I usually do the fusion rifle and moon shard bounties.

Don't revive me if old.

Edit: Looks like it was in the tips and tricks volume 3, my bad,

Daemul

Why the fuck did Bungie remove shaders from the faction vendors stock? Having to rely on RNG to get New Monarachy's shaders is bullshit.

Can someone explain the chests respawning? I thought it was just on a straight timer, I didn't know zoning had anything to do with it since you share your world with others.

When the world is shared chests don't respawn. If you're by yourself in a shared world though, leaving an area saves the chests location but not open/unopened status for about 30 seconds, and spirit bloom for a minute or two. So you can zone out after opening a chest and comeback to reopen it.

If you watch the video you can see white text popping up on the left hand side of my screen that indicates a zone transition. E.g loot a chest run past the zone transition within 30 seconds and come back to loot the chest again.

Daemul

Did they? I thought you got a shader when you reached level 10 and 15 with your faction.

Yep, during the Beta the factions sold their respective shaders and nope, its RNG, you can get faction shaders at anytime, a mate of mine got one of the New Monarchy shader's at level 7.

Steroyd

The chest also act as a whack-a-mole, every other chest and open material you get another chest or material spawns elsewhere, that's why the chance of a chest respawning in a place you've already been improves dramatically if you know where everything spawns in an area.

Yaari

Does anyone have an Atheon save on Normal? My alt just reached the required level and I really hope I can cheese it on him.

Manp

Finished the Invective bounty. I was dreading the +25 k/d spread step, but ended up completing it in 3 matches. The first 3 I ever played... It really seems that I was insanely lucky to be playing against people never looking at their radar.
same here, it took me 4 matches, and i never play pvp.

I did not get to try the gun though. It was already way too late. Hope I end up liking it.
go really close to whatever you feel like killing and pull the trigger. done.

Deku Tree

The fact that they split up crucible marks and vanguard marks is such horribleness. No reason for it other than to force you to play both. Especially stinks that all the factions only take crucible marks. I have the leggy unbalanced PvP especially now with the heavy ammo exploit.

Zakalwe

Banned
I didn't think The Devil You Know would be this good. Only just unlocked Zen Movement and it's one of the nicest guns in the game to fire.

Going to upgrade this to max next as a replacement for TLW when I run Ice Breaker. Downing Vex has never been this much fun.

MrMuscle

I didn't think The Devil You Know would be this good. Only just unlocked Zen Movement and it's one of the nicest guns in the game to fire.

Going to upgrade this to max next as a replacement for TLW when I run Ice Breaker. Downing Vex has never been this much fun.

I know right. My Hunter runs The Devil You Know, Ice Breaker and Zombie Apocalypse and it so much fun.

noomi

So, Bad Juju and Thorn update on Tuesday?

Probably not.... and that's what pisses me off.

Bungie is quick to "fix" Atheon which no-one really wants, but is taking their sweet time to fix broken weapons like Thorn and Bad Juju. I have them both, maxed.... now I wait :/

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks but I am going to be lucky if I can even find a single person to help me with Atheon, dont think I can find enough to pass Gatekeepers.

Level 30 Titan here. I'd be willing to help if you can find more. Got nothing better to do today. :3

GobFather

Thanks but I am going to be lucky if I can even find a single person to help me with Atheon, dont think I can find enough to pass Gatekeepers.

if you know how to cheese Atheon, i'm at normal raid at Atheon send me a PM.

Level 30 Titan here. I'd be willing to help if you can find more. Got nothing better to do today. :3

You can join me, if you're bored. I have a checkpoint at atheon and my mic stopped working too <_<;

Another thing that annoys me about faction rep is that I have to use those shitty faction bonds to get it. Hey Bungie, there's a reason why I bought Seal of the Twin Eagles for 25 motes of light instead of spending them on a Xur engram!

Another thing that annoys me about faction rep is that I have to use those shitty faction bonds to get it. Hey Bungie, there's a reason why I bought Seal of the Twin Eagles for 25 motes of light instead of spending them on a Xur engram!

I spent fourteen motes of light on emblems yesterday (including the one in your avatar).

I regret nothing.

KxoZz

When the Templar summons the legions, what triggers the ritual of negation? Seems to take forever if we just hide and don't do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom