• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

That's a terrible one, I'll grab a video of my run in a second.

Not if you get a spirit bloom spawn near the citadel entrance. Netted me spirit bloom so fast. Ok the road is a bit longer, but it was do-able with the regular uncommon sparrow, let alone using Timebreaker. But still, curious about yours.

maomaoIYP

Armor you can buy at Rank 2 Crucible/Vanguard/Factions, Weapons require Rank 3.

If you reach level 3 and any level after 3 you get a guaranteed legendary item (weapons/armor/ascendant/bonds etc). Also can be more than one.

Armour for sure?

Not seen it myself across three characters, would like it confirmed by someone who's had it.

There's nothing guaranteed for level 3 rewards except that you will get SOMETHING.
At vanguard level 3 I was rewarded with 1 legendary weapon, 1 legendary leg piece, 2 ascendant energies.
At crucible level 3 I was rewarded with 1 mote of light.

Fistwell

Had never noticed, but there's only 3 character slots... have used up one for each class, but wanted to dble up on my main class to transfer equipment and repeat raids/dailies/etc. Guess that's probably part of why they limit it. Still wish we'd get at least 4 or 5...

Zakalwe

Banned
Rank 10+ with factions grants you faction shaders. But I don't know if this applies to the Vanguard and Crucible vendors as well.

Definitely only last rank 10? I know someone got it dead on ten and someone else didn't...

Not sure about Vanguard since I got a Swarm machine gun for hitting 3 but New Monarchy gave me a helmet.

Yeah, I got Hunter boots when I hit New Monarchy level 3. Though I'm a Warlock so it's pretty random.

Thanks both of you.

Not if you get a spirit bloom spawn near the citadel entrance. Netted me spirit bloom so fast. Ok the road is a bit longer, but it was do-able with the regular uncommon sparrow, let alone using Timebreaker. But still, curious about yours.
Yeah, I'll hand in these bounties and show you mine I guarantee you it's more efficient, the only downside is players coming in to disrupt it but you have that on the citadel too.

Spiders

Completed the raid for the second time yesterday.

This time I was the relic carrier. Templar fight went really well, Atheon took a few tries but once everyone knew what to do we killed him in only 3 portal runs.

I only got shards and energy, but I had a great time.

Not sure if I should push 29 with my Warlock. I'm hoping to get the sunbro chest at some point but for now I've already got the raid chest and it rolled pretty good (120+ discipline). I'd have to max out both that and my Sunbreakers to get there but it'll cost me all my ass shards. I just know I'm gonna get sunbro chest once I'm content in not having it.

God damn RNG. Stupid Xur I gambled 3 effing chests you sonofabitch fujck

Yep, I bought Voidfang Vestments from Xur last weekend since I wanted an exotic chest piece for my girl. Upgraded it quickly and was quite content using it.

Then this weekend decided to use my 23 motes to gamble and see what I could get from a Xur engram. I figured even if I couldn't get anything of interest I could at least dismantle it for shards to upgrade the Light Beyond Nemesis I also bought.

And the only Xur engram I buy gives me Heart of the Praxic Fire. I'm very happy, but at the same time that combined with a whole raid of nothing but ass mats gives me the feeling that the game is just trolling me...

milkham

I have only gotten one raid gun, praedyth's revenge. how much more effective does oracle disruptor make the weapon on them? how many shots to destroy an oracle with it, and without? I can fully upgrade it but want to know if its worth carrying instead of the ice breaker.

Not sure if I should push 29 with my Warlock. I'm hoping to get the sunbro chest at some point but for now I've already got the raid chest and it rolled pretty good (120+ discipline). I'd have to max out both that and my Sunbreakers to get there but it'll cost me all my ass shards. I just know I'm gonna get sunbro chest once I'm content in not having it.

God damn RNG. Stupid Xur I gambled 3 effing chests you sonofabitch fujck

If it helps, beside from how awesome it looks, the cooldown bonus isn't THAT significant. You only miss out on like, one grenade with each super use.

milkham

On the subject of factions. Does Vanguard like new Monarchy have a cape that boosts reputation gain?

no you get vanguard automatically if you aren't wearing any faction class item.
edit: wearing a class item from the vanguard vendor or crucible vendor doesn't change the default reputation you gain.

If it helps, beside from how awesome it looks, the cooldown bonus isn't THAT significant. You only miss out on like, one grenade with each super use.

That... kind of makes me feel better. Extended duration on Solar Grenade has its uses and missing out on one Fusion if I chose to use it doesn't seem like a big deal. I'm just sick of looking at Sunbreakers at this point lol

blackflag

I got the Atheon's Epilogue and Praedyth's Revenge from the raid. Are either any good?

I like Praedyth when I pretend that any other sniper besides Icebreaker matters.

Actually I realized today that you can use Icebreaker to refill other special weapon ammo so I did that and used it for the void burn in nightfall.

Maledict

It's funny how the hardest faction to raise in the game, by far, is the generic Crucible faction. The bounties are much more difficult and require a lot more time than the Vanguard bounties, and there's no item you can use to funnel all you rep into it.

I really want a void fusion rifle for the raid, but the grind to get to rank 3 seems so massive it's not worth. On the other hand I've heard that at rank 10 and above you can get the shaders for each faction, which is making me consider raising Dead Orbit just to get some of their fantastic shaders...

Steroyd

I got the Atheon's Epilogue and Praedyth's Revenge from the raid. Are either any good?

Atheon's Epilogue is good for a raid, can control praetorians and oracles quite well, void burn in nightfall and weekly heroics and not much else, it is servicable for general PvE if only for the large clip, but there are better options for general use, it's a crap PvP gun though and should only use it if you're doing a specific exotic bounty

It's funny how the hardest faction to raise in the game, by far, is the generic Crucible faction. The bounties are much more difficult and require a lot more time than the Vanguard bounties, and there's no item you can use to funnel all you rep into it.

I really want a void fusion rifle for the raid, but the grind to get to rank 3 seems so massive it's not worth. On the other hand I've heard that at rank 10 and above you can get the shaders for each faction, which is making me consider raising Dead Orbit just to get some of their fantastic shaders...

Shaders are RNG based afaik, because I never got mine from lvl 10 vanguard. My vanguard lvl is 12. What's the vanguard shader called anyway?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Thanks for the replies. Also I know you can only get raid chests once a week, but I heard the boss drops items every time you raid all week. Is this true?

Steroyd

Thanks for the replies. Also I know you can only get raid chests once a week, but I heard the boss drops items every time you raid all week. Is this true?

No you only get a maximum of 8 drops a week, 4 for a whole raid on normal and 4 for a whole raid on hard.

You can only pick up the chests once on either difficulty.

maomaoIYP

Shaders are RNG based afaik, because I never got mine from lvl 10 vanguard. My vanguard lvl is 12. What's the vanguard shader called anyway?

I keep getting the same shaders over and over again from crucible matches. Do special shaders come from faction rewards?

Venus spirit bloom farm video https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1491936024426892&l=2466976449344901149, this is one of the zones, I'm resetting the chests now to get the other 2 zones on video. This is the quickest though. I didn't go all out to find all of the spirit bloom I possibly could have because I wanted to keep the video condensed. But you can generally find between 4 to 8 spirit bloom nodes in the area.

Venus spirit bloom video 2: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1491939737759854&l=1990754294121099130

I'd do the third zone but I'm kinda lazy today you probably get the drift. You can zone out into the archive mission zone as well so pretty much every chest spawn is farmable. Which means if your chest spawn gets messed up because some dude runs by it takes no effort to reset.

Maledict

I've gotten God of War twice so far from Vanguard... so maybe that?

Somebody posted an image a while back of all the 'missing' faction shaders that used to be sold by the vendors but apparently now are random rewards from levelling up. Not sure if there were specific Vanguard shaders to be honest - I can just remember that each Pvp faction had 3, that Dead Orbits looked cool and Future War Cult looked like clowns.

WarWolf

You're lucky. God of War and Thunderdevil are the two shaders I want, and have never received from any part of the game. Those 8 chatterwhites though :(

Yeah, I'm a little sick of the chatterwhites also... I wish the raid would give me a weapon at least once.

Victrix

*beard*
Getting really, really sick of players with shit connections in Crucible

Gives them an insane advantage, which is totally baffling. It's absolutely infuriating when you're up against good players with bad connections.

Finished the Invective bounty. I was dreading the +25 k/d spread step, but ended up completing it in 3 matches. The first 3 I ever played... It really seems that I was insanely lucky to be playing against people never looking at their radar.

I did not get to try the gun though. It was already way too late. Hope I end up liking it.

Footos22

Any level 29+ well experienced wanna go for flawless raider later. before they change the atheon teleport to random. and it becomes chaos.
Please be good at jumping lol

Itll prob fuck us over with glitches but its worth a try

Yeah, I've got 77 Wizard if that's the one you're talking about. It's great, only downside is the slow charge rate.

Though when we're facing the Praetorians it seems to me that my Void Comedian is more efective. Use the Comedian to drop their shields and switch to primary do finish them.

Hmm, let's see today's Bounties:

"Defeat the same fucking guy in the same fucking mission you defeated 12 hours ago. Because fuck you, Guardian, you piece of shit"

cjp

Hmm, let's see today's Bounties:

"Defeat the same fucking guy in the same fucking mission you defeated 12 hours ago. Because fuck you, Guardian, you piece of shit"

Yeah, I've had The Garden's Spire bounty every day for what feels like the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom