• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
So the Shadow Price I got as steward for Vanguard 3 on my alt has:

Third Eye
Field Scout giving it 42 in the mag
And faster reload on kill

If I used ARs in pvp this would be awesome. I might have to try it...

Ambitious

I've got loads of Crucible marks. I still need a few legendaries to complement my exotics, but I'm so tempted to buy a rare Sparrow and upgrade it via Xur..

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
This thread really is super cheesy these days!

So, anyone have any thoughts on how they'll implement a level 32 cap once the expansion is released?

I do not want to sound a dick, but apparently it comes naturally to me..

Has anyone got atheon fight checkpoint on hard *shudders*

Sorry i really do not want to foul this thread but i wanted to get my trophy before they patch it tomorrow..

Shito

New raid gear that has more light off course.
I really hope they'll do something to adress people like me, who greatly enjoy the game but do not want to do the raids (and don't care about PVP).
I'm ok only being able to achieve level 29/30 right now, but I'd be more than disappointed if the DLC didn't allow me to raise my level a bit more. We need a second tier of legendaries that are not raid exclusive.

Steroyd

New raid gear that has more light off course.

Here's hoping they guarantee you at least 1 piece of raid gear per trip, complete 100% RNG, where it's possible to get nothing but ass shards and energy is bullshit, I mean the chatterwhite shader is guaranteed right? Just change that to something rewarding.

LiK

Sorry i really do not want to foul this thread but i wanted to get my trophy before they patch it tomorrow..

You should check the Raid thread. Lots of people asking/offering help. Easy to get someone there with a checkpoint.

I really hope they'll do something to adress people like me, who greatly enjoy the game but do not want to do the raids (and don't care about PVP).
I'm ok only being able to achieve level 29/30 right now, but I'd be more than disappointed if the DLC didn't allow me to raise my level a bit more. We need a second tier of legendaries that are not raid exclusive.

There are some new exotics that probably have a higher light level.

I want me some Radiant Dance Machines. They better not be capped at 30. :(

KlotePino

Same here, I'd really just love to get some raid gear so I can do this legit. I've been getting insanely unlucky with drops and spending shards on suboptimal gear has been slowly killing me inside. I spent an afternoon on Destinylfg just trying to tag along but if you have nothing to contribute and don't know anybody there's really no incentive for them to bring you along.

*Splinter

I would guess that the next tier of legendaries will get you to 30 (same as current raid gear) and the next tier of raid gear (and exotics?) will get you to the new cap (32? 35?)

void666

Banned
Yesterday for the first time i had nothing to do. Did daily and all non pvp bounties with my 3 characters. Vanguard marks cap reached.

I don't play pvp and had no one to raid with.

Tried patrol and events, but got bored pretty fast.

Turned off ps4 and played shadow of mordor on pc instead.

Here's hoping they guarantee you at least 1 piece of raid gear per trip, complete 100% RNG, where it's possible to get nothing but ass shards and energy is bullshit, I mean the chatterwhite shader is guaranteed right? Just change that to something rewarding.

Even that's not guaranteed, it just has the highest chance of dropping lol.

This thread really is super cheesy these days!

So, anyone have any thoughts on how they'll implement a level 32 cap once the expansion is released?

Lifting the cap on Exotics, probably. We'll be able to wear a full set, and then we'll need moon Raid Gear to get to 32. With the amount of Exotics we're getting in the DLC, there's no way they're going to make the stuff we already have obsolete already.

Yaari

Lifting the cap on Exotics, probably. We'll be able to wear a full set, and then we'll need moon Raid Gear to get to 32. With the amount of Exotics we're getting in the DLC, there's no way they're going to make the stuff we already have obsolete already.
That would be awesome.

*Splinter

Guarantee 1 piece and people will complain about getting the same piece twice. Whatever the raid gives people will complain they aren't getting more. Personally I like the raid loot as it is - "working as intended"

Chatterwhite isn't guaranteed

Steroyd

Nothing is guaranteed, not even the shader.

Even that's not guaranteed, it just has the highest chance of dropping lol.

Wow, I got one every time I've raided I just assumed...

Well, yeah, fix that shit Bungie!

Guarantee 1 piece and people will complain about getting the same piece twice. Whatever the raid gives people will complain they aren't getting more. Personally I like the raid loot as it is - "working as intended"

Still better than the current system where it's possible to get NOTHING, just ass shards to equipment you was aiming to get.

Deku Tree

My lightbeware void fusion rifle has a glitch where sometimes it doesn't start to charge a shot when you pull the trigger. Sucks when I am trying to get void kills in crucible because by the time I find out that it's not charging I'm essentially already dead. There is no instant indication regarding whether or not it's starting to charge, you have to wait to find out.

Shito

There are some new exotics that probably have a higher light level.

I would guess that the next tier of legendaries will get you to 30 (same as current raid gear) and the next tier of raid gear (and exotics?) will get you to the new cap (32? 35?)

I would be ok with all of that. ^^

LiK

Amazing that I was playing hard raid last night and got to Gatekeeper with some Gaffers and got nothing but ass shards/energy. I did Normal already but getting nothing great from the Templar fight was BS.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Would prefer that, although it would expose the 'one exotic' cap as pure time-gating.

I do really hope they can build PvP into the levelling system more though.

GobFather

Amazing that I was playing hard raid last night and got to Gatekeeper with some Gaffers and got nothing but ass shards/energy. I did Normal already but getting nothing great from the Templar fight was BS.

hope you get lucky next time! Running a hard raid isn't easy :)

LiK

hope you get lucky next time! Running a hard raid isn't easy :)

We still have Gatekeeper and Atheon left so I'm hoping to get boots before reset. If I can't get back together with the same crew, I'm offering my services to whoever has the Atheon checkpoint. If you can cheese him, even better.

Zakalwe

Banned

I hope this never happens, and I very much doubt it ever will. Would make many legendaries obsolete.

Shito

I hope this never happens, and I very much doubt it ever will. Would make many legendaries obsolete.
I also doubt it'll happen, but not for the same reasons.
The current legendaries are bound to become obsolete, at one point or another, if Bungie is serious about giving a continued support to the game. They will have to be replaced by something better for people to be interested in the DLCs.
Why I doubt it'll ever happen is because of all the special perks exotics give: that would probably become a little bit too much if you could have exotics everywhere.

Zakalwe

Banned
I also doubt it'll happen, but not for the same reasons.
The current legendaries are bound to become obsolete, at one point or another, if Bungie is serious about giving a continued support to the game. They will have to be replaced by something better for people to be interested in the DLCs.
Why I doubt it'll ever happen is because of all the special perks exotics give: that would probably become a little bit too much if you could have exotics everywhere.

I can't see them ever making our Exotics obsolete, so the same would probably be true for legendaries.

And I didn't just mean our current legendaries. I meant all future ones too.

Have they confirmed the level cap will be raised?

Edit: to avoid confusion, I mean weapons. Obviously they're need to make our armour obsolete to raise the light level (unless they introduce a new mechanic, of course).

That's pretty much how every loot based game / MMO works.

As above, if they make out gear obsolete then they'd have to make our current exotic pool obsolete too as they share the same limit. I doubt they'll want to reduce the viable pool.

Destiny is very much it's own creature despite borrowing so many singular parts. The Exotic limit is a large part of the foundation of its character design, there's very little chance they'll change that imo.

My lightbeware void fusion rifle has a glitch where sometimes it doesn't start to charge a shot when you pull the trigger. Sucks when I am trying to get void kills in crucible because by the time I find out that it's not charging I'm essentially already dead. There is no instant indication regarding whether or not it's starting to charge, you have to wait to find out.

Mine actually does that as well... No idea why! But shit is it frustrating.

Futaba

Does anybody have a raid save at Gorgon maze?, or just after templar death? - I require one for experimental purposes - doesn't matter what difficulty, and before someone sighs and assumes its for loot - i have completed the raid already this week, i just want the freedom to explore the gorgon maze area on my own and fully explore the cave system for any as of yet undiscovered secrets.

Shito

I can't see them ever making our Exotics obsolete, so the same would probably be true for legendaries.
Why's that?
Every current legendary armor that is not a raid piece is already "obsolete".
And the pieces they will introduce in the next raid will render those obsolete as well.
This is how MMOs and their extensions work.
Otherwise it would mean staying at 30 forever, and no reason to buy the DLC...

Have they confirmed the level cap will be raised?
Nope, they didn't.
But they really should add more than a few strikes and story missions to make me interested in the DLCs!
If the new pieces of armor are just the same than our current legendaries, I see no reason why I should try and get those instead of my currently upgraded ones...

Zakalwe

Banned
Why's that?
And the pieces they will introduce in the next raid will render those obsolete as well.

Because the raid weapons aren't higher either and, as I said, I doubt they'll want to reduce the viable pool of usable items. Instead I'm sure they'll just attune the content for weapons with the 300 dmg limit.

With the way damage scaling works, light levels could rise and weapon damage could stay at 300.

So I decided to give Destiny one more shot and went into Crucible with my TDYK with explosive rounds this time. Explosive rounds wrecks people, period. It staggers players and makes them miss their shots. I was averaging a K/D of ~2.5 each game for 8 games in a row.

I went up against a TLW player and won my encounters everytime. Looking around the internet, a reddit user also agrees with me that HCs with explosive rounds is pretty ridiculous in pvp. I wonder if this will be patched.

hydruxo

Still can't believe I got the Mythoclast, Hawkmoon, raid helm, and ship from Atheon last night. RNGesus blessed me for sure lol. Probably means I'm getting shards and energy for everything this week but I ain't even mad!

Bizazedo

Why's that?
Yep, and it'll feel weird, but it's true. All gear we're using now will be obsoleted fairly quickly (in PvE, anyways). S'why the shader, ships, and sparrow are technically more valuable :).

If they give the Mythoclast more +ATK, it'll last a bit longer.....

Speaking of, separately?

ANYONE else feel exotics aren't good enough compared to Legendaries currently?

Still can't believe I got the Mythoclast, Hawkmoon, raid helm, and ship from Atheon last night. RNGesus blessed me for sure lol. Probably means I'm getting shards and energy for everything this week but I ain't even mad!

Yeah, I hate you lol.

Shito

Because the raid weapons aren't higher either and, as I said, I doubt they'll want to reduce the viable pool of usable items. Instead I'm sure they'll just attune the content for weapons with the 300 dmg limit.

With the way damage scaling works, light levels could rise and weapon damage could stay at 300.
I agree with that, but I was mainly speaking about armor pieces.
For light levels to rise you need new "tiers" of armors, and those will render the current ones "obsolete".

my cryptarch is level 42 and i still haven't been gifted the god of war shader
it hurts
I don't know why people love that shader that much.
Got it really early in the game, and always found it quite ugly. :/

Zakalwe

Banned

Heh. Ever since I got my most coveted weapon (TLW), my RNG has gone from great to "ok".

I don't mind though, had a good run. :3

I agree with that, but I was mainly speaking about armor pieces.
For light levels to rise you need new "tiers" of armors, and those will render the current ones "obsolete".

Obviously. I was only ever talking about weapons.

Edit: seems I didn't mention I meant weapons only at all, that's where the confusion came from. Sorry!

So I decided to give Destiny one more shot and went into Crucible with my TDYK with explosive rounds this time. Explosive rounds wrecks people, period. It staggers players and makes them miss their shots. I was averaging a K/D of ~2.5 each game for 8 games in a row.

I went up against a TLW player and won my encounters everytime. Looking around the internet, a reddit user also agrees with me that HCs with explosive rounds is pretty ridiculous in pvp. I wonder if this will be patched.

Good to know.

I unlocked explosive rounds for my Lord High Fixer last night but only used it in PvE.

hydruxo

I guess I need to try my Fatebringer out in PVP then. Not a fan of explosive rounds in pve so I'm glad to hear they are useful in pvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom