• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know.

I unlocked explosive rounds for my Lord High Fixer last night but only used it in PvE.

No problem. This alone makes my most sought after HC in the game to be Fatebringer now instead of TLW or Hawkmoon.

I don't like raiding because of the 100% RNG but I'll do it anyways to get a shot at landing a Fatebringer.

Yaari

So as a lv23, atheon is immune to all damage from me. Meaning my Pulse nades dont work. Will I be able to hit him at 24?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why's that?
Every current legendary armor that is not a raid piece is already "obsolete".
And the pieces they will introduce in the next raid will render those obsolete as well.
This is how MMOs and their extensions work.
Otherwise it would mean staying at 30 forever, and no reason to buy the DLC...

Nope, they didn't.
But they really should add more than a few strikes and story missions to make me interested in the DLCs!
If the new pieces of armor are just the same than our current legendaries, I see no reason why I should try and get those instead of my currently upgraded ones...

I thought we knew it was going up? I saw somewhere that the Dark Below allows difficulty scaling up to 32, effectively confirming a raise to the cap.

Navid

So, anyone have any thoughts on how they'll implement a level 32 cap once the expansion is released?
I really hope they do it in a way that allows people without the DLC to hit lvl 32 (if that will indeed be the new cap) as well... It would really separate the player base if you have to have the DLC to get to lvl 32, even when it comes to content currently in the game.

Rainmaker

Banned
It's taking me so long to get past level 27 and I'm dreading having to level up raid gear IF I ever have anyone to do it with. I love this game but damn it's too much.

ocean

Banned
Hey guys, anyone up for doing the Daily at 28? Or maybe just farming some mats on Mars or Venus? I could use the help for Iron and Bloom.

Shito

I thought we knew it was going up? I saw somewhere that the Dark Below allows difficulty scaling up to 32, effectively confirming a raise to the cap.
I think the glitch-leak-thing showed a 28 raid and 30 strike, and from that point everyone assumed some hard version of those would imply a raise to the level cap?
Haven't followed this really closely, though, so I may be wrong, but I've always thought they didn't announced anything yet concerning this matter.

Bizazedo

I guess I need to try my Fatebringer out in PVP then. Not a fan of explosive rounds in pve so I'm glad to hear they are useful in pvp.

They're very useful, but have a big caveat. The damage reduction is pretty damn big. It's the only reason I think it's balanced.

I was using explosive rounds on my Fatebringer, but I switch based on the map. Fatebringer is a 3 shot kill to the head without explosive, 4 with.

Daemul

I think the glitch-leak-thing showed a 28 raid and 30 strike, and from that point everyone assumed some hard version of those would imply a raise to the level cap?
Haven't followed this really closely, though, so I may be wrong, but I've always thought they didn't announced anything yet concerning this matter.

No, you're right, Bungie hasn't announced anything, it's just assumptions at this point.

LiK

They're very useful, but have a big caveat. The damage reduction is pretty damn big. It's the only reason I think it's balanced.

I was using explosive rounds on my Fatebringer, but I switch based on the map. Fatebringer is a 3 shot kill to the head without explosive, 4 with.

Seems like a lot of Gaffers like it. I hope I can get it. Can I buy it from anyone?

void666

Banned
Does anybody have a raid save at Gorgon maze?, or just after templar death? - I require one for experimental purposes - doesn't matter what difficulty, and before someone sighs and assumes its for loot - i have completed the raid already this week, i just want the freedom to explore the gorgon maze area on my own and fully explore the cave system for any as of yet undiscovered secrets.

I do but i won't be back home for 8 hours. I opened the two chests but didn't proceed to the next area. I assume my checkpoint is still in the beggining of the maze.

Anyway if you still want it add me.

irus_void (ps4)

Skele7on

Banned
had a fairly destiny free weekend which was nice for a change.

Although back on tonight as need to rank my second hunter to 20 so can do a quick raid tonight.

I just need boots and gauntlets now for my 30!

Wish it was December already, I need new raids/content!

LiK

The God of War shader looked awful on my Hunter. I'll see if it looks better on my Titan when I get her to 20.

It's pretty badass on Titans. I will go back to that when I get rid of my fugly Crucible greaves. I dunno why they have those stupid blue markings.

Yaari

You have to be at least 26. You won't be able to do anything at 23, like you said. Not even cheese him.
Ah ok, I misunderstood then. That's unfortunate, I already had him walking in the right direction. But level 26 today is impossible for me

hydruxo

So my Hawkmoon has the option to choose between Hammer Forged, Quickdraw, and Send It. Hammer Forged and Send It both improve range and accuracy and seem to have the exact same stat increases. Anybody else with Hawkmoon have these two perks or did I just get screwed over by RNG?

Raxus

So my Hawkmoon has the option to choose between Hammer Forged, Quickdraw, and Send It. Hammer Forged and Send It both improve range and accuracy and seem to have the exact same stat increases. Anybody else with Hawkmoon have these two perks or did I just get screwed over by RNG?

All exotics are static in their skill trees.
Daily missions where you can't skip the awful cutscenes. Thanks Bungie.
They don't have to explain why they have no time to explain.

Daemul

Aww yiss, the hotfix is coming guys. Can't wait to get to the Atheon fight, this new machanic is going to spice things up.

hz4nPrC.gif

Even with the damage reduction, I noticed in one on one encounters I'm less likely to leave the engagement with my health being in the red.

No point of aiming for headshots if you aim center mass and let the explosive rounds do the rest. Where explosive rounds shine as well, is where you have players with fusion rifles bunny hopping and trying to instant kill. Hitting these players in the air with explosive rounds and watching them miss at point blank range is lulz.

Angry Guy

Aww yiss, the hotfix is coming guys. Can't wait to get to the Atheon fight, this new machanic is going to spice things up.

I must have missed some update or web post because I had no idea the hotfix was coming today. Could someone hook me up with a source?

nillapuddin

Now that Im back on desktop Ill post those materials I was talking about

XOkMSSy.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2609687617-exotic-armor-shard

I5TqHOT.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1448697668-exotic-weapon-core

8dHx2cu.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/584130857-vex-raid-rare

So they could all be cut items from the game, but what I believe is more likely, is that once these are introduced into the game, we will need to gather and apply them to our current exotics to increase the light levels so that we can obtain the highest level post DLC

colinp

Banned
I know they are all static but having two identical perks in the same tree doesn't make any sense, which is why I asked.

I have the same thing but haven't upgraded enough to check what the difference is. It might be a different kind of sight or something though.

XOkMSSy.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2609687617-exotic-armor-shard

I5TqHOT.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1448697668-exotic-weapon-core

8dHx2cu.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/584130857-vex-raid-rare

So they could all be cut items from the game, but what I believe is more likely, is that once these are introduced into the game, we will need to gather and apply them to our current exotics to increase the light levels so that we can obtain the highest level post DLC

Sounds legit.

All I see is one painful grinding experience lol.

Futaba

I do but i won't be back home for 8 hours. I opened the two chests but didn't proceed to the next area. I assume my checkpoint is still in the beggining of the maze.

Anyway if you still want it add me.

irus_void (ps4)

Thanks, will add shortly!

Daemul

But I hate holding the relic

:(

#Learn2Play

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO MORE FARMING!!!!!!!! I might as well just go and play Farmville at this point.

Amazing that I was playing hard raid last night and got to Gatekeeper with some Gaffers and got nothing but ass shards/energy. I did Normal already but getting nothing great from the Templar fight was BS.

You find that surprising? I did the whole raid last friday and got nothing but ass mats from all chests and boss drops. And Chatterwhite, which I already had. The other 5 guys that did it with me didn't get a single piece of raid gear either, just class items (which I haven't got either), ships and sparrows. And 1 or 2 shotguns, if I'm not mistaken.

The system is fucked for people with just one character, since basically I have another week without any semblance of progress. Just one piece of raid gear would be enough, so I could slowly upgrade it. That would feel like progression. This, while huge fun running the raid (especially my pathetic attempts at doing the jumping puzzle), felt deflating at the end.

Raxus

I know they are all static but having two identical perks in the same tree doesn't make any sense, which is why I asked.

Ice Breaker has 3 of the same perk so I am guessing they just were lazy or they nerfed the guns before release. But your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom