• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiljay

hey GAF - a friend and i have done pretty much everything but the raid. we've pushed through the first boss in the VoG and have played a bit of the second. unfortunately, we normally raid with people on the west coast and the time difference is just not sustainable. is there anyone on the east coast that would be willing to raid with us between 8 and 11pm EST?

Midas

Now that Im back on desktop Ill post those materials I was talking about

XOkMSSy.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2609687617-exotic-armor-shard

I5TqHOT.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1448697668-exotic-weapon-core

8dHx2cu.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/584130857-vex-raid-rare

So they could all be cut items from the game, but what I believe is more likely, is that once these are introduced into the game, we will need to gather and apply them to our current exotics to increase the light levels so that we can obtain the highest level post DLC

Very interesting. I want the expansion noooooow. Still no date, right? Just December?

Still can't believe I got the Mythoclast, Hawkmoon, raid helm, and ship from Atheon last night. RNGesus blessed me for sure lol. Probably means I'm getting shards and energy for everything this week but I ain't even mad!

Was it the Warlock helm, Façade of the Hezen Lords?

If so I hate you... not really but I have an intense dislike. -_-

Anyone down for the raid on normal today around 7:30 est? I'm a level 28 hunter. Also I'll be looking for someone to do the weekly nightfall with me. I can cheese it and take some level 27s with me if needed

Yaari

Well, I keep reading up on the Vault of Glass on Normal, I should be able to do damage at 24 right? Sorry, just really want to clear this on my alt Titan.

Aren't the game mechanics that you can't hit something 3 levels above you rather than Atheon specifically not able to get hit by a level 23? I've seen level 28's in Hard mode, so wouldn't that mean that I can hit him in Normal as a level 24?

I have to farm for several hours to get 24, so I'm trying to make sure.

Raxus

I have a phase 3 Templar on hard ready to cheese (I believe) if we can get a few warlocks and titans to go.

I will be on around 1 PM EST on PS4.

College_Boy

Bizazedo

Seems like a lot of Gaffers like it. I hope I can get it. Can I buy it from anyone?

Fatebringer is a hard mode raid drop.

That being said, there are similar ones that can have the same upgrade. I think TDYK can? I dunno, I am nowhere near a handcannon officianado. Some rares have it as well, I encountered someone with it on a Painted Big Chief.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the screenshake was enough to cause me to lose duels with the guy using the HC. It was a rare, too :(.

LiK

You find that surprising? I did the whole raid last friday and got nothing but ass mats from all chests and boss drops. And Chatterwhite, which I already had. The other 5 guys that did it with me didn't get a single piece of raid gear either, just class items (which I haven't got either), ships and sparrows. And 1 or 2 shotguns, if I'm not mistaken.

The system is fucked for people with just one character, since basically I have another week without any semblance of progress. Just one piece of raid gear would be enough, so I could slowly upgrade it. That would feel like progression. This, while huge fun running the raid (especially my pathetic attempts at doing the jumping puzzle), felt deflating at the end.

I got plenty of decent items during the first time in Normal and Hard. Seems like RNGesus likes to fuck with people in repeated playthroughs. I was hoping for a weapon at least. But what I really want are the damn boots so I can get to 30. I'm done with raids after that until the next expansion.

Xamdou

So just to be sure we can only do vog and weekly nightfall raid once each to get loot right? And it resets every Tuesday, at what time?

Tawpgun

Wait when is Atheon hotfix coming? I need to abuse ez mode atheon while I still can!

And once they fix being able to shoot out of the bubble that fight is gonna get interesting real fast.

Bizazedo

Well, I keep reading up on the Vault of Glass on Normal, I should be able to do damage at 24 right? Sorry, just really want to clear this on my alt Titan.

Aren't the game mechanics that you can't hit something 3 levels above you rather than Atheon specifically not able to get hit by a level 23? I've seen level 28's in Hard mode, so wouldn't that mean that I can hit him in Normal as a level 24?

I believe Atheon and the trash mobs around him are level 27? Maybe even 28, but at least 27 on Normal?

Tovarisc

Isn't Atheon and his adds level 28?

Below 27 is very dodgy to have with you at normal Atheon [can't deal max damage to boss while takes extra damage from everything] and below 29 in anything hard VoG is very dodgy.

TL:DR; I wouldn't bother with normal VoG before 27 or then you need get group where 5 players can carry you.

ocean

Banned

Atheon doesn't show a level but a lot of enemies during the Atheon fight are 28 despite Normal being marked as a 26 activity. It'd be safe to assume Atheon behaves as a 28 as well with regards to the damage you can deal him. Meaning, at 26 you can damage him with a penalty but at 24 you're basically tickling him.

I understand not wanting to use materials on gear you'll give up once you get Raid gear but trying to Raid at 24 is pushing it a little. Your best bet would be finding a team that can carry you. Templar and Atheon cheese would work assuming you hang back and let other people do it while you're in the team I guess.

ocean

Banned
I have a phase 3 Templar on hard ready to cheese (I believe) if we can get a few warlocks and titans to go.

College_Boy

Totally down for it! Let's hope yesterday's cheese strategy works the same on Hard. I've got a Titan and a Sunsinger so I can give this two shots :)

Midas

as new as the game still is, waiting for two months for more content seems like an eternity

Haha yeah, only thing I haven't done yet is beating the raid on hard. Got to the templar yesterday but died at the rage when his HP was around 50 percent.

Does anyone know if the rage is constant or goes away?

EL CUCO

Anyone down for the raid on normal today around 7:30 est? I'm a level 28 hunter. Also I'll be looking for someone to do the weekly nightfall with me. I can cheese it and take some level 27s with me if needed

I'm going to run the Nightfall tonight on my alt, if you want to come along.

Yaari

Atheon doesn't show a level but a lot of enemies during the Atheon fight are 28 despite Normal being marked as a 26 activity. It'd be safe to assume Atheon behaves as a 28 as well with regards to the damage you can deal him. Meaning, at 26 you can damage him with a penalty but at 24 you're basically tickling him.

I understand not wanting to use materials on gear you'll give up once you get Raid gear but trying to Raid at 24 is pushing it a little. Your best bet would be finding a team that can carry you. Templar and Atheon cheese would work assuming you hang back and let other people do it while you're in the team I guess.

I'm not trying to kill him, I want to cheese him. Today is the last day I can do it, so that's why I am in a bit of a rush. But 24 is the only level I can even reach today, and even then it will take me several hours, so that's why I'm trying to see if someone else has been in the position.

The resist to my pulse nade means he won't stagger, so I can't cheese him down.

Rainmaker

Banned
So they could all be cut items from the game, but what I believe is more likely, is that once these are introduced into the game, we will need to gather and apply them to our current exotics to increase the light levels so that we can obtain the highest level post DLC

I... I don't think I can do this anymore.

Raxus

Totally down for it! Let's hope yesterday's cheese strategy works the same on Hard. I've got a Titan and a Sunsinger so I can give this two shots :)

I'll make sure to give you the checkpoint for both characters. I'd go again on my titan just to get the 5th chest.

E92 M3

Now that Im back on desktop Ill post those materials I was talking about

XOkMSSy.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2609687617-exotic-armor-shard

I5TqHOT.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1448697668-exotic-weapon-core

8dHx2cu.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/584130857-vex-raid-rare

No more farming - please Bungie :(

I think they're cut items though.

Tovarisc

as new as the game still is, waiting for two months for more content seems like an eternity

I would argue it's because core game itself is very thin when it comes to end game content.

Haha yeah, only thing I haven't done yet is beating the raid on hard. Got to the templar yesterday but died at the rage when his HP was around 50 percent.

Does anyone know if the rage is constant or goes away?

Enrage, once it is triggered, lasts until either boss is dead or raid is dead.

Enrage can be avoided by killing boss fast enough. For Templar I think it's in less than 8 minutes.

Navid

I have a lvl 27 Titan and could help you if you are still on, but the only time I've beaten Atheon by throwing him off the edge I was in a group of 6 and they kinda knew what to do... so no idea if it's possible with a single Titan grenade. Still if you need any help (assuming you are on PS4), I'm online at the moment.

Yaari

I have a lvl 27 Titan and could help you if you are still on, but the only time I've beaten Atheon by throwing him off the edge I was in a group of 6 and they kinda knew what to do... still if you need any help (assuming you are on PS4), I'm online at the moment.

Let me pm you a vid that made it look incredibly easy. I tried 5 times and already had the pattern down. What is your PSN?

ocean

Banned
I'm not trying to kill him, I want to cheese him. Today is the last day I can do it, so that's why I am in a bit of a rush. But 24 is the only level I can even reach today, and even then it will take me several hours, so that's why I'm trying to see if someone else has been in the position.

I would totally jump in to help you out but I suck terribly at Atheon cheesing. What I do is basically run down to the little ledge at the bottom which gets him in position and then have a skilled Striker/Sunsinger (or two) go up and grenade him as he tries to shoot me staring down the ledge.

I'm sure you can find a GAFer who knows how to pull the cheese off to go in and help you. Soloing it at 24 is probably gonna be impossible since the guy can one shot you.

Hi guys.. Looking to get a group to finish up hard raid tonight. Approx 9 pm est

Checkpoint is at gatekeepers.

PSN NarcissisticJay. 30 hunter also have 29 titan with me.

Need 4, preferably a mix of 30/29. Want to move as fast as possible.

ocean

Banned
I'll make sure to give you the checkpoint for both characters. I'd go again on my titan just to get the 5th chest.

Sounds perfect. Templar loot and 5th chest will both yield rewards for me on Hard on both my characters, so at worst I'll be getting a decent amount of Ascendants.

Midas

I would argue it's because core game itself is very thin when it comes to end game content.

Enrage, once it is triggered, lasts until either boss is dead or raid is dead.

Enrage can be avoided by killing boss fast enough. For Templar I think it's in less than 8 minutes.

I don't think we can get him fast enough. We're all 29 except one which is level 30. Any suggestions?

By some miracle I found 2 legendary engrams as drops today. One of them I was Lord High Fixer which I was keen on buying anyway. Came with Rangefinder and Mulligan (chance to return missed shots to mag). No flared mag wheel sadly but it does have perfect balance. Gonna have to level it up. A stable ass long range ass hand cannon sounds pretty awesome.

blazeuk

College_Boy

I'm up for it, you're on my friends list already, so if you have space send an invite whenever you're ready.

E92 M3

i'm going to say cut too, look how often people randomly find exotics, they are not going to suddenly change it.

What this game could have been, sigh.

This game was going to be so different than what it is now. We won't know the full story for a while probably.

Yaari

I would totally jump in to help you out but I suck terribly at Atheon cheesing. What I do is basically run down to the little ledge at the bottom which gets him in position and then have a skilled Striker/Sunsinger (or two) go up and grenade him as he tries to shoot me staring down the ledge.

I'm sure you can find a GAFer who knows how to pull the cheese off to go in and help you. Soloing it at 24 is probably gonna be impossible since the guy can one shot you.

He deals alot of damage but he's stupid. I've been in front of him and when I am mid-air, he does not even shoot anymore. At 23 I can survive him long enough, I'm sure that at 24 it will even be more fun.

But yeah I really hope I can find someone that can help me out! I'll keep trying.

I have a lvl 27 Titan and could help you if you are still on, but the only time I've beaten Atheon by throwing him off the edge I was in a group of 6 and they kinda knew what to do... so no idea if it's possible with a single Titan grenade. Still if you need any help (assuming you are on PS4), I'm online at the moment.

You will really need the 2 nades unfortunately. It won't work otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wdl_T3dePY

That's the best vid I found thus far. If you move properly, you can beat Atheon towards the pillar, its easy. It's not difficult to get him moving properly either.

Got catepillared twice in a row at the exact same part of the daily story. Yay for more cutscenes!

Hoping the connection issues go away. Was thinking about taking my 2nd character to VOG tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom