• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure haha. I won't be able to get on until 5 EST but just send me a friend request. PSN: hydruxxo

Sounds good! I'll add you once I get home, just out doing errands now. Once we form a fireteam I will post here looking for a 3rd so we can do it even quicker. Then we can tackle Xyor together too!

LiK

and the fact that the worlds are cold and lifeless. It would add to the scope of the world considerably if those skyscrapers on venus and mars were explorable, such so that you could climb to the top and see the terrain down below. Maybe you'd even be able to jump all the way down.

destiny 2 perhaps. i feel like bungie would have done that if they could - maybe even have let us actually fly to the planets or go down to the last city - but last gen is very obviously holding them back.

at least they got the shooting down already.

Yea, the invisible walls and kill spaces in areas where there is no need to be blocked off is frustrating. I jumped up to a ledge on earth and there's a "TURN BACK" message for no fucking reason. Why close off locations like that?

Bizazedo

We shouldn't even get dupe gear at least. I was dropped TWO Raid bracers from one chest once. Couldn't do anything other than dismantling them.
Well....

There is a good reason to get dupes, the stats. I got 3 raid boots. Amusingly, one was +STR, one was +DISC, one was +INT.

So, there's a decent reason to get multiples.

Why are people expecting a level increase?
Leaks + common sense. If they don't raise it, why would we need to upgrade? We wouldn't, could still be rocking VoG gear.

Anyone down to do the raid at 5am EST tomorrow? Either those getting up early or up late for the reset time?

I'll be setting my alarm for 4:30am and will be on shortly after.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan (1 raid armour away from 30)
10 exotic weapons and tons of legendaries
3 Void weapons maxed for the raid

Cosmos, why hurt yourself like that. You're good enough to do it legit after the hotfix.

Instead of playing Crucible, I'll be farming Crucible Marks by handing in Spinmetal. Want me that FWC helm.
How much rep does it give to turn in mats? Maybe I should just farm helium coils to reach rank 2 for crucible faster. Some of the bounties are just too time consuming to attempt.

blazeuk

Destiny servers are absolutely dogshit today (well, even more so than usual), constantly getting kicked back to the "Press X to play" screen.

E92 M3

Don't know if this was posted but this guy links to all the Lore Threads that have been popping up on reddit lately. Great read if you're stuck at work and jonesing for a hit of Destiny and it really adds context to some of the stuff youre doing. I think its missing the link the to the VOG one though

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._where_some_bungie_employees_hang_out/cleenmq

I do love everything about the Vex. Such a cool presence in the game -- all of the other factions pale in comparison to them.

I'd trade never getting it for the game giving me Vex finally.

For now, think of it as sucking lol. We'll see what Bungie does with it.

LordofPwn

I think some of the leaked stuff has suggested a level increase. That and expansions for games like this tend to come with one.

The site talked about lvl 32 for hard mode Vault of glass before it was released, that didn't happen.

Why not?
If Light stays @30, DLC would have no chase or grind, need something to get you to go grab

Raid gear for doing the raid on hard mode, there is your grind. if all of a sudden you bring new loot into the system that is same rarity as current loot but even better than the previous loot, it makes things almost pointless and everyone look the same. where as if they keep the cap at 30 but introduce new gear, then now you can get more diversity, and have different gear sets for different raids.

EL CUCO

Yea, you should have the checkpoint. Just resume and invite whoever you want.

Is there a certain requirement to get a checkpoint to save on your account? I've played somebody else's Raid multiple times and I never have a checkpoint :(

Sounds good! I'll add you once I get home, just out doing errands now. Once we form a fireteam I will post here looking for a 3rd so we can do it even quicker. Then we can tackle Xyor together too!

Gaffers helping gaffers...nice job guys.

I thought about doing the same and probably should have. Don't forget to save a mote of light for the speaker. I used mine for a xur engram and now I need to get one before taking on xyor. If u guys end up needing a third for xyor lmk.

Deku Tree

Well....

There is a good reason to get dupes, the stats. I got 3 raid boots. Amusingly, one was +STR, one was +DISC, one was +INT.

So, there's a decent reason to get multiples.

Leaks + common sense. If they don't raise it, why would we need to upgrade? We wouldn't, could still be rocking VoG gear.

Cosmos, why hurt yourself like that. You're good enough to do it legit after the hotfix.

Yup the raid armor gear rolls with random stats. So if you want exact stats... More grinding... More prayers to rng...

How much rep does it give to turn in mats? Maybe I should just farm helium coils to reach rank 2 for crucible faster. Some of the bounties are just too time consuming to attempt.

Can't say, I'm just paying attention to the marks. I'll tell you once I hand in another batch, assuming the game ever starts working again.

I attempted VoG on Friday with some random people. We made it to Atheon, but I had to call it a night before completing. When I hover over the VoG on map, it says resume. I assume I have the final checkpoint, but I was under the impression only the fireteam leader was able to get the check point.

Also, Bungie kinda screwing over people that are just now starting the VoG with hotfix? My first time through I just started to understand the mechanics of it, why the change?

Bizazedo

Raid gear for doing the raid on hard mode, there is your grind. if all of a sudden you bring new loot into the system that is same rarity as current loot but even better than the previous loot, it makes things almost pointless and everyone look the same. where as if they keep the cap at 30 but introduce new gear, then now you can get more diversity, and have different gear sets for different raids.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint, that's how MMO's / raiding works.

New raid is introduced, better gear is introduced.

TheF1BOB

Banned
Fuck these fucking shit servers, attempted 5/6 vanguard playlists with no success.

And they go to shit when you've about done it.

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Steroyd

Ugh, Dust Palace is a horrible, horrible strike to do with randoms, especially on Vanguard Tiger, surely people know because there are 3 flayers that you focus on one at a time right? RIGHT!? IT'S NOT JUST ME?!

> Spawn Alpha on Blind Watch
> Flip spawns in our favor on my own
> Get a ton of kills
> Get an insane score
> Get a 3+ K/D
> Prevent enemy team from flipping spawns back on my own

> Still lose

Fucking randoms.

surprised you made it to 7 bullet points. here's my list:

>spawn alpha on blind watch
>go to orbit

Ugh, Dust Palace is a horrible, horrible strike to do with randoms, especially on Vanguard Tiger, surely people know because there are 3 flayers that you focus on one at a time right? RIGHT!? IT'S NOT JUST ME?!

"hmm, there are 3 of them, and there are 3 of us! you guys take those ones and i'll go all the way over there and shoot this one with my bad juju"

Bizazedo

Also, Bungie kinda screwing over people that are just now starting the VoG with hotfix? My first time through I just started to understand the mechanics of it, why the change?

It's only changing one mechanic, it's mostly fixing cheese. And the one mechanic being changed is definitely worth debating, but good raid teams'll be fine.

hydruxo

Kinda glad I got the Mythoclast now rather than pre patch so I never knew how OP it originally was. Saves me from the disappointment of having it nerfed. It still seems pretty great now and it's getting that PvE buff so I'm looking forward to that.

SighFight

Already posted in the raid team find thread:

Me and a friend (lv 27 hunter) are looking for first timers to try the raid at 8pm berlin time (20:00 CEST). If you are interested pm me or add me on psn.

Anyone use The Swarm (from Vanguard vendor). I picked it up last night after maxing my VG marks and because I was tired of killing myself with rockets close-range which happens more often than I'd like to admit. It seems pretty "meh" right now but I'm hoping it gets better with upgrades.
I've got it leveled up to the final three damage upgrades, and it's much nicer than when it initially dropped for me. Perfect Balance and Who's Next? reload perk make it a nice alternative to a solar Rocket Launcher.

Tovarisc

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

yWzp6ba.jpg

I don't feel unique or "Legend", too little variety in gear at end game.

:(

Can't say, I'm just paying attention to the marks. I'll tell you once I hand in another batch, assuming the game ever starts working again.
Thanks. It sounds like it's only mats, from other posters. If so, I'll be disappointed. Don't need more marks. If I play crucible to rank two, I'll probably hit 200 marks cap before I hit the rank.

Bizazedo

surprised you made it to 7 bullet points. here's my list:

>spawn alpha on blind watch
>go to orbit

Booooo, I've won a ton of games when spawning on Alpha. Just have to force the spawns to swap.

Don't need to take B and C to cause it to happen, just have to run by them :).

(Map is still broken, though).

Kinda glad I got the Mythoclast now rather than pre patch so I never knew how OP it originally was. Saves me from the disappointment of having it nerfed. It still seems pretty great now and it's getting that PvE buff so I'm looking forward to that.
I still think it's funny how it seems pretty great now / people trying to show it's broken still crushing people in Crucible. It was so far beyond the pale of broken, earlier, it's insane.

Done the raid 7 or 8 times, a number of those being on hard and still sitting pretty with no raid gear. Come at me bro's.

That...I can't even make fun of you, just dip my head in silent commiseration.

Deku Tree

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

Warlock raid helm looks super nice!

The site talked about lvl 32 for hard mode Vault of glass before it was released, that didn't happen.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint, that's how MMO's / raiding works.

New raid is introduced, better gear is introduced.

Basically this. You don't expect them to keep the cap at 30 until Destiny 2 do you? Even Borderlands 1 upped their level cap with expansions. That's just how these types of games work.

it's still good now.

but prepatch?. a man has not truly lived until he has slain three by his mythoclasted hands and returned unscathed

Got 4/5 of the way through the Raid this past Saturday. Fun times but

every
single
fireteam

Has only gotten ascendant materials. Underwhelming, as a first time raid, though we had a lot of fun with the platforming/puzzles.

Hopefully we'll get something decent when we beat it.

EL CUCO

Looks...exactly like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom