• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

What in the actual fuck!?

I've officially had more error disconnects since the lastest hotfix patch last week, than I had in total the whole 3 weeks before it.

Da fuq bungie!?

I've just finished to try crucible after last patch
there's nothing to do, the game has no taste
i wanna give a tip for bungies' developers: bring halo's code and put it in crucible please :D

Dunlop

I'm about to hit level 27, it's raiding the only way for me to progress now?

I've never run it and literally did a single weekly

Time to find some PSN friends lol

realcZk

Anyone use The Swarm (from Vanguard vendor). I picked it up last night after maxing my VG marks and because I was tired of killing myself with rockets close-range which happens more often than I'd like to admit. It seems pretty "meh" right now but I'm hoping it gets better with upgrades.

Tovarisc

I don't think we can get him fast enough. We're all 29 except one which is level 30. Any suggestions?

Try "cheesing" him?

It would mean that one player goes down and plays with relic. His role is to destroy two furthest and hidden oracles when they spawn, keep farming adds and taking Templars shield down with relic super.

Rest of the raid stays on spawning platform. From there they will shoot all oracles that they can see [read: every other oracle than those 2 "hidden" ones at back] and nuke boss.

Yeah, pretty cool. A nice little nod an an actually creepy extra little moment.

Easter egg into which Bungie put more effort into than rest of content of patches combined :b

MrMuscle

I have a phase 3 Templar on hard ready to cheese (I believe) if we can get a few warlocks and titans to go.

I will be on around 1 PM EST on PS4.

College_Boy

Or, one bait and one titan for the push like yesterday. That shit was epic.

I can gladly help you out if you dont mind me getting the checkpoint on my hunter as well.

Bizazedo

I'm kind of looking forward to the cheese being fixed to see the reactions. I don't feel good about it, but I acknowledge it honestly.

I'm about to hit level 27, it's raiding the only way for me to progress now?

I've never run it and literally did a single weekly

Time to find some PSN friends lol
It's possible to hit 29 if you fully upgrade 1 exotic and 3 legendary armor. 30 is only possible with 1 exotic and 3 raid armor upgraded or 4 raid armor upgraded.

Anyone use The Swarm (from Vanguard vendor). I picked it up last night after maxing my VG marks and because I was tired of killing myself with rockets close-range which happens more often than I'd like to admit. It seems pretty "meh" right now but I'm hoping it gets better with upgrades.

I've upgraded it a little. It's still pretty meh.

Did you guys finish the hard raid last night from scratch? I wish I had gotten in on that. I still need to finish up to the gatekeeper.

Marvel

could never
Just completed the weekly 28, we were all underleveled (25, 26 and 27). So we knew the strat so that's fine but it's just one of those tricky and time consuming things. I nearly bit my controlpad though, Sepiks had a milometer of health and my bro's kept getting kicked by that damn caterpilar bug leaving me by myself. Then when they rejoined it was my turn!

I got back in just in time for the finishing blow just as he had like I dunno 2k health? based ice breaker lol.

Got a legendary primary engram and 9 coins.

i6jDhtQaVCiu.gif

GJ Aengerd and Sewious Duck.

Gotta do it all again for the Nightfall before the reset for dat loot.

Tovarisc

I'm kind of looking forward to the cheese being fixed to see the reactions. I don't feel good about it, but I acknowledge it honestly.

I don't think anyone is against Atheon cheese getting fixed, but that "Hey, lets demolish community established legit tactics by doing fight RNG fest" -"fix" is causing waves.

A lot.

excowboy

Can't get a stable game atm for love nor money. On the plus side, it means I've actually put up the shelf my wife has been bugging me for for weeks...

realcZk

I've upgraded it a little. It's still pretty meh.

Did you guys finish the hard raid last night from scratch? I wish I had gotten in on that. I still need to finish up to the gatekeeper.

Nah we just got up to the gatekeeper again and called it quits since it was late. The new templar cheese strategy (camping mid and shoving him off with grenades) is hilariously easy. Had to give it a try since we did it legit last time.

Finally finished my first exotic bounty and got my first ever exotic item, Invective. Now to start the long process of leveling it up.

The game is starting to lose me again though. Hit hard cap on Vanguard Marks just before enough to buy Legendary Boots I need to progress, and I'm not high enough level with other vendors to get anything, so I'm stuck until tomorrow. Waiting to progress by doing mindless filler is fatiguing.

It's all I need to for the next level. I have all the materials ready.

It doesn't help that in 48 hours of game time I've never gotten a legendary drop. Everything I do have was either purchased, received from RNGesus through a blue engram, or vendor level rewards.

Looking for a Templar boss battle checkpoint on hard... (want to try this new strategy)... PS4.

Have an Atheon hard save to trade!

Won't be on until after work ~5:30pm eastern.

Shoot me a message with a neoGAF note.

PSN: TheCanisDirus

hydruxo

I prefer Zombie Apocalypse but Swarm is okay. Swarm has better range but who cares about range on a HMG? Haha. Zombie Apocalypse wrecks everything though.

Bizazedo

I don't think anyone is against Atheon cheese getting fixed, but that "Hey, lets demolish community established legit tactics by doing fight RNG fest" -"fix" is causing waves.

A lot.

No one is willing to say they're against the cheese being fixed, for the most part, but the outrage will quickly become over "How hard it is" and "I don't have time to be in a set group to overcome such hard fights"

As for the teleport becoming random versus the farthest three? Yeah, I don't like that change either. It's a silly change since it encourages more teamwork in making sure the teleport team gets far enough away each time to ensure they get 'ported.

That being said, the UPSIDE is that means there's an additional 5 seconds or so of DPS coming from the teleport team :).

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm trying to do the black garden for the bounty today. Hitting either resume or restart puts me in the same place, lol. Neither of which the divisive mind will spawn. So it looks like I'll have to complete the mission and then do it again. :|

TUSR

Banned
If I've completed the raid on my character and join someone else's raid, can I still proceed through the fresh raid? And not receive loot.

Tovarisc

No one is willing to say they're against the cheese being fixed, for the most part, but the outrage will quickly become over "How hard it is" and "I don't have time to be in a set group to overcome such hard fights"

I think whole "I don't have time for Hard raiding / long encounter" aspect of community has been established by all Atheon checkpoint + cheese beggars. People aren't willing to put time and/or effort into clearing VoG Hard to that point and then kill Atheon [cheese or not], but still want games [soon] best PvE weapon and raid helmet.

OrangeOak

I just bought this game and tried to play it but I am getting connection errors every 5 minutes.Message that I am getting is "lost connection to partner services".
Is it something on their side and will go away or is it my connection?

I prefer Zombie Apocalypse but Swarm is okay. Swarm has better range but who cares about range on a HMG? Haha. Zombie Apocalypse wrecks everything though.

It sure does. I've been on the receiving end and it's no fun. Staggered me to the point that I felt like I was frozen in time.

I was able to finish bad juju and get it leveled up to at least string of curses! Woot. Now we wait for the buff.

I also managed to get my last alt to 27! That makes 3 characters (one of each class) all 27 and one almost 29! Each one also has an exotic armor and weapon and some have multiples.

Having alts is nice for running weekly/nightfall with my multiple groups of friends.

MADGAME

I'm trying to do the black garden for the bounty today. Hitting either resume or restart puts me in the same place, lol. Neither of which the divisive mind will spawn. So it looks like I'll have to complete the mission and then do it again. :|

You can start a new mission on the next highest difficulty, and your current checkpoint will be saved on the lower difficulty.

So if your current checkpoint is level 18 for example, start a new one on 20 (or whatever) and you will have a checkpoint saved on each spot. I do this for the Archive (Simiks/Greyliks), even though that mission is short.

Now that Im back on desktop Ill post those materials I was talking about

XOkMSSy.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2609687617-exotic-armor-shard

I5TqHOT.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1448697668-exotic-weapon-core

8dHx2cu.png

http://www.destinydb.com/items/584130857-vex-raid-rare

So they could all be cut items from the game, but what I believe is more likely, is that once these are introduced into the game, we will need to gather and apply them to our current exotics to increase the light levels so that we can obtain the highest level post DLC

As much as I don't want to have another thing to farm for, this would actually be a decent solution to one of the main problems of the game. It just depends on how it's actually handled. As we all know, the only way to hit 30 right now is to have a full set of Raid gear. But if you could use the Exotic Armor Shard to add light to ANY exotic piece, you should be able to hit 30 with just a regular legendary set to complement it. Perhaps even higher depending on how this works. Granted, if the level cap is raised with the expansion, there will be an even higher level to strive for that will probably require Raid gear again, but at least you would have an alternate path to making the rest of the new content easier, or making you decently leveled for the new Raid without having to have collected the whole armor set from the previous Raid. Again though, it totally depends on how it's handled.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You can start a new mission on the next highest difficulty, and your current checkpoint will be saved on the lower difficulty.

So if your current checkpoint is level 18 for example, start a new one on 20 (or whatever) and you will have a checkpoint saved on each spot. I do this for the Archive (Simiks/Greyliks), even though that mission is short.

Thanks! Definitely just going to up the difficulty, don't feel like finishing the stupid mission.

EL CUCO

Yup. Something similar happened to me yesterday on the Semix-3 bounty :(

Yet another thing that Bungie needs to address that they pretend doesn't exist.

ocean

Banned
Someone just joined the daily 28 during the end cutscenes... Wonder if they will get any loot.

Sorry no mic right now.

It's been stuck loading the rewards screen for a while now. Hope this thing didn't bug out :p Thanks for letting me join! Your self-revive was clutch.

Edit: you got a Purple Engram, is it OK if I hate you a little? I'm so assmat-starved :(

Trakan

As much as I don't want to have another thing to farm for, this would actually be a decent solution to one of the main problems of the game. It just depends on how it's actually handled. As we all know, the only way to hit 30 right now is to have a full set of Raid gear. But if you could use the Exotic Armor Shard to add light to ANY exotic piece, you should be able to hit 30 with just a regular legendary set to complement it. Perhaps even higher depending on how this works. Granted, if the level cap is raised with the expansion, there will be an even higher level to strive for that will probably require Raid gear again, but at least you would have an alternate path to making the rest of the new content easier, or making you decently leveled for the new Raid without having to have collected the whole armor set from the previous Raid. Again though, it totally depends on how it's handled.

If they do that there's no reason for raid gear though.

Deku Tree

It's been stuck loading the rewards screen for a while now. Hope this thing didn't bug out :p Thanks for letting me join! Your self-revive was clutch.

Thanks for joining!! Glad all three of us got loot after the long wait! I was saving thatt revive hoping I could kill the Pretorian before he killed me... Almost!

Edit that purple glove engram is useless ass shards to me anyway... Keep getting those!!!

E92 M3

I think whole "I don't have time for Hard raiding / long encounter" aspect of community has been established by all Atheon checkpoint + cheese beggars. People aren't willing to put time and/or effort into clearing VoG Hard to that point and then kill Atheon [cheese or not], but still want games [soon] best PvE weapon and raid helmet.

And that is exactly why trying to beat the gate keepers legit with randoms barely works. People don't know how to actually fight the battles without glitching. Sucks playing the raid outside of premade groups.

If they do that there's no reason for raid gear though.

Good. I liked mixing and matching my stats with vendor gear. Hate all the BS strength I have in the gear I need to hit 30

Raid gear still has exclusives like special/heavy ammo and special reload so they won't be entirely worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom