• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Thanks but I am going to be lucky if I can even find a single person to help me with Atheon, dont think I can find enough to pass Gatekeepers.

If I can get 16 Spirit Bloom I'll be able to unlock the double grenades on my Titan. I have no idea how to farm that damn thing. If you know a good route and can take me along, I will gladly give Atheon cheese a try for you!

a_javierp on PS4.

If they do that there's no reason for raid gear though.

Perhaps they let you use the Vex Raid Rare on your Raid armor. So you could get to 31 or 32 with that upgraded while you could only get to 30 or 31 with the Exotic + Legendary method. Then the new Raid gear lets you get to 32 without any upgrade.

MrMuscle

If I can get 16 Spirit Bloom I'll be able to unlock the double grenades on my Titan. I have no idea how to farm that damn thing. If you know a good route and can take me along, I will gladly give Atheon cheese a try for you!

a_javierp on PS4.

The best run i know is where you spawn for the Nexus strike. 16 spirit bloom will take you 5 minutes.

Yaari

a_javierp on PS4.

Cool. I'll pm you the vid I've been practicing with. Honestly, unless the final steps are difficult or something, I don't see it taking too long. He was pretty much in place after I tried a handful of times.

Spirit Bloom, I usually do that in the area that leads to the Archon Priest strike. I forgot the name.

It's an open area with small caves and the Spirit Blooms usually show pretty decently.

Bizazedo

If they do that there's no reason for raid gear though.

I'm interested to know how they'll handle gearing up for the new raid if the raid really is top end mobs of 32.

Will VoG be required for gearing up or will they add new loot drops / new items to the faction vendors? Maybe rank 7 is required for the new Legendaries?

Definity

Has anyone else noticed when you load into the tower you usually see the same people? I've actually messaged a few people and they are located really close to my area. I'm assuming the game does this for latency reasons. Voice chat will be interesting once enabled.

void666

Banned

a_javierp on PS4.

When you spawn in venus go to the left to the place with fallen. There are iirc 5 caves around the area. It's a circular shaped area. There's also lots of chests and spirit bloom everywhere. That's my place when i need to farm spirit bloom.

Marvel

could never
Has anyone else noticed when you load into the tower you usually see the same people? I've actually messaged a few people and they are located really close to my area. I'm assuming the game does this for latency reasons. Voice chat will be interesting once enabled.

I keep seeing some people, yeah. Thought it was just me.

PuMa

I pretty much always see different people, it seems. Sometimes it randomly puts me into an instance with someone on my friends list though, which is cool.

I get why they did raid gear as drops, but there's too much chance of someone just getting fucked week after week.

It seems to me that a better choice would have been to keep ass mats, cosmetics (ships, sparrowas, shaders, class items) and weapons as random drops as is, but also always reward a random or fixed number raid materials that would be used to "manufacture" raid armor.

It would surely mean more grinding, but at least it would be something to always look forward to when running the raid. When we finally had enough raid materials to "manufacture)" a raid armor piece it would still roll on the Int/Dis/Str stats and perks, adding a bit of randomness to it.

At least it would avoid the possibility of running the raid and not progressing at all since raid gear didn't drop.

I get why they did raid gear as drops, but there's too much chance of someone just getting fucked week after week.

It seems to me that a better choice would have been to keep ass mats, cosmetics (ships, sparrowas, shaders, class items) and weapons as random drops as is, but also always reward a random or fixed number raid materials that would be used to "manufacture" raid armor.

It would surely mean more grinding, but at least it would be something to always look forward to when running the raid. When we finally had enough raid materials to "manufacture)" a raid armor piece it would still roll on the Int/Dis/Str stats and perks, adding a bit of randomness to it.

At least it would avoid the possibility of running the raid and not progressing at all since raid gear didn't drop.

so many potential routes they could have gone with the loot system. raiding week after week with no progress has to be discouraging. grinding comes with the territory, but destiny does it in the most monotonous, unrewarding and uninspired way possible. the game's largely lacking replayable content and consistently satisfying grinding. if it had at least one of those it'd be in better shape.

Temidien

Neo Member
When you spawn in venus go to the left to the place with fallen. There are iirc 5 caves around the area. It's a circular shaped area. There's also lots of chests and spirit bloom everywhere. That's my place when i need to farm spirit bloom.

I second this, best area I've seen. Keep an eye on the cliffs for chest spawns, search all 6-7 caves, and don't forget the area under the "bridge" (next to where the Fallen captain spawns) for fairly consistent chests.

LiK

We shouldn't even get dupe gear at least. I was dropped TWO Raid bracers from one chest once. Couldn't do anything other than dismantling them.

Marvel

could never
I second this, best area I've seen. Keep an eye on the cliffs for chest spawns, search all 6-7 caves, and don't forget the area under the "bridge" (next to where the Fallen captain spawns) for fairly consistent chests.

Truth!

Me, Dave and Goa did this very spot last night. Very good place to farm indeed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
And that is exactly why trying to beat the gate keepers legit with randoms barely works. People don't know how to actually fight the battles without glitching. Sucks playing the raid outside of premade groups.

It really does. So many people don't have a clue how the encounters work and/or are just bad at the game. Yesterday I did a raid on my alt and it was just... uh painful. Our raid leader kept trying to cheese templar with some stupid strats instead of just killing the guy (I mean, it's freaking normal). Took forever.

Deku Tree

We shouldn't even get dupe gear at least. I was dropped TWO Raid bracers from one chest once. Couldn't do anything other than dismantling them.

I got the Raid bracer three weeks in a row from the Gorgon maze chest. Still waiting for Raid Boots and Raid Chest too. So far only have Raid bracelets even though I really want to be wearing sun breakers.

Temidien

Neo Member
so many potential routes they could have gone with the loot. grinding comes with the territory, but destiny does it in the most monotonous, unrewarding and uninspired way possible. the game's largely lacking replayable content and consistently satisfying grinding. if it had at least one of those it'd be in better shape.

Ehh, I disagree to an extent. Destiny has two play modes in my mind: Active and passive. Raid, Nightfall, and daily/weeklies are "active" tasks that require I pay attention and coordinate with other players. Tiger strikes, bounties, chest runs, and leveling alts are very passive and I typically listen to podcasts or watch a show while doing these.

After a long day at work, passives are exactly what I need to unwind. Tuesday nights and weekends are my go-to time for active play.

E92 M3

It really does. So many people don't have a clue how the encounters work and/or are just bad at the game. Yesterday I did a raid on my alt and it was just... uh painful. Our raid leader kept trying to cheese templar with some stupid strats instead of just killing the guy (I mean, it's freaking normal). Took forever.

Yeah exactly, and that's why I am looking forward to them at least fixing the cheese. Nothing is more satisfying than playing the raid normally with a good group of people.

Yeah, this seems like such a better way to do it. Just make it "Raid Marks" and make the gear buyable from a vendor. Then you would feel a sense of progression at least and it would give you a reason to run it more than once a week (you could cap the marks to keep it from getting out of hand). Leave the weapons and everything else as drops, that way you'll still want to complete the whole thing for more chances.

LiK

I got the Raid bracer three weeks in a row from the Gorgon maze chest. Still waiting for Raid Boots and Raid Chest too. So far only have Raid bracelets even though I really want to be wearing sun breakers.

All I need are the greaves. The game refuses to give them to me.

Fuck it, I'm tired of grinding for Legendary armor with my LV 21 Warlock. I shouldn't have deleted my third Titan. I think I'm gonna stick to my first character and replace the Warlock with a third Titan.

KlotePino

I have a phase 3 Templar on hard ready to cheese (I believe) if we can get a few warlocks and titans to go.

I will be on around 1 PM EST on PS4.

College_Boy

Would love to join if there's a spot left, wish I was a warlock but unfortunately I'm just a level 28 hunter. If I could just get the checkpoint I'd be grateful already. My psn is Sedai if you're in a sharing mood.

Ehh, I disagree to an extent. Destiny has two play modes in my mind: Active and passive. Raid, Nightfall, and daily/weeklies are "active" tasks that require I pay attention and coordinate with other players. Tiger strikes, bounties, chest runs, and leveling alts are very passive and I typically listen to podcasts or watch a show while doing these.

After a long day at work, passives are exactly what I need to unwind. Tuesday nights and weekends are my go-to time for active play.

sure. that doesn't really have anything to do with what i said, unless it's specifically referring to "replayable content". everyone's obviously going to be doing the same stuff over and over again, but the lack of variety is where my issue lies. other than a change of scenery, the majority of the missions and strikes are ridiculously formulaic and homogeneous. the game wants you to play them over and over to slowly tick a progression box or luck into a drop that speeds you along. i've hit level 30 not by overcoming the most difficult content and mastering the game's mechanics, but rather by playing a lot and lucking into drops.

i just find the entire system incredibly short-sighted and cumbersome. i like to shoot aliens with friends and look at the sky, but the systems that try to keep me playing aren't doing a great job.

LordofPwn

I'm interested to know how they'll handle gearing up for the new raid if the raid really is top end mobs of 32.

Will VoG be required for gearing up or will they add new loot drops / new items to the faction vendors? Maybe rank 7 is required for the new Legendaries?

Why are people expecting a level increase?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
7th time I get the same exotic bounty set. Give me pocket infinity! :(

DAT RNG

On Warlock I keep getting Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, or Pocket Infinity repeat at least 5 times already, dismantled 2 SGA's, have a Bad Juju and PI, doing PI again at the moment, up to kill 200 enemies and I'll dismantle it when I get it
My Hunter Alt, first exotic bounty try, Invectus or Thorn
Already have Thorn done, so need exotic shotty for Crucible

Deku Tree

DAT RNG

On Warlock I keep getting Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, or Pocket Infinity repeat at least 5 times already, dismantled 2 SGA's, have a Bad Juju and PI, doing PI again at the moment, up to kill 200 enemies and I'll dismantle it when I get it
My Hunter Alt, first exotic bounty try, Invectus or Thorn
Already have Thorn done, so need exotic shotty for Crucible

There are much easier ways to get Ass Energy.

E92 M3

Yeah, this seems like such a better way to do it. Just make it "Raid Marks" and make the gear buyable from a vendor. Then you would feel a sense of progression at least and it would give you a reason to run it more than once a week (you could cap the marks to keep it from getting out of hand). Leave the weapons and everything else as drops, that way you'll still want to complete the whole thing for more chances.

That would make a lot of sense, but due to limited content I think they were just trying to stifle quick progress. I hate seeing level 30s because it makes so mad that luck just hasn't fallen my way. I have shards up the colon, but nothing to spend them on. I want those raid boots so badly, especially for the heavy ammo perk.

7th time I get the same exotic bounty set. Give me pocket infinity! :(

You'll get Pocket Trinity one day, don't worry.

LiK

sure. that doesn't really have anything to do with what i said, unless it's specifically referring to "replayable content". everyone's obviously going to be doing the same stuff over and over again, but the lack of variety is where my issue lies. other than a change of scenery, the majority of the missions and strikes are ridiculously formulaic and homogeneous. the game wants you to play them over and over to slowly tick a progression box or luck into a drop that speeds you along. i've hit level 30 not by overcoming the most difficult content and mastering the game's mechanics, but rather by playing a lot and lucking into drops.

i just find the entire system incredibly short-sighted and cumbersome.

We don't even have random enemy spawns for Patrols. That would mix things up while we farm. The same enemies in the same locations get old so fast.

TheContact

I did the first 2 bosses with a random group of people from destinylfg but they all left after the 2nd boss. Am I able to get a new group of people and kill the last boss still ?

LiK

I did the first 2 bosses with a random group of people from destinylfg but they all left after the 2nd boss. Am I able to get a new group of people and kill the last boss still ?

Yea, you should have the checkpoint. Just resume and invite whoever you want.

Why are people expecting a level increase?

I think some of the leaked stuff has suggested a level increase. That and expansions for games like this tend to come with one.

That would make a lot of sense, but due to limited content I think they were just trying to stifle quick progress. I hate seeing level 30s because it makes so mad that luck just hasn't fallen my way. I have shards up the colon, but nothing to spend them on. I want those raid boots so badly, especially for the heavy ammo perk.

Yeah, that's almost assuredly why they did it like this.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
EZgFKo8.jpg
> Spawn Alpha on Blind Watch
> Flip spawns in our favor on my own
> Get a ton of kills
> Get an insane score
> Get a 3+ K/D
> Prevent enemy team from flipping spawns back on my own

> Still lose

Fucking randoms.

hydruxo

On the 500 void dmg step for Thorn now. Should be a good time!
not

I don't have any good void secondaries. Might need to buy The Comedian.

Anyone down to do the raid at 5am EST tomorrow? Either those getting up early or up late for the reset time?

I'll be setting my alarm for 4:30am and will be on shortly after.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan (1 raid armour away from 30)
10 exotic weapons and tons of legendaries
3 Void weapons maxed for the raid

not

I did two hours last night, got to 60 void damage.
I'm terrible at PVP and have an epilogue mind you.
In one game with organized players I dropped back down to 20 points.

-.-

not

Want to form a fireteam and shoot each other? Focus on 1 person first (since deaths take away points) then the other?

We don't even have random enemy spawns for Patrols. That would mix things up while we farm. The same enemies in the same locations get old so fast.

and the fact that the worlds are cold and lifeless. It would add to the scope of the world considerably if those skyscrapers on venus and mars were explorable, such so that you could climb to the top and see the terrain down below. Maybe you'd even be able to jump all the way down.

destiny 2 perhaps. i feel like bungie would have done that if they could - maybe even have let us actually fly to the planets or go down to the last city - but last gen is very obviously holding them back.

at least they got the shooting down already.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i've hit level 30 not by overcoming the most difficult content and mastering the game's mechanics, but rather by playing a lot and lucking into drops.

How do you reach level 30 without doing the raid...?

Raxus

I did two hours last night, got to 60 void damage.
I'm terrible at PVP and have an epilogue mind you.
In one game with organized players I dropped back down to 20 points.

-.-

Hope you got the truth from Xur.

Atheon's Epilogue, Comedian, Truth = Void Damage 2 EZ.

How do you reach level 30 without doing the raid...?

Label it as cheese. Bungie will patch in level 30 raid gear to vendors asap.

Trakan

Shiiit, you can open the exotic chest in the raid near the gorgon maze on both hard and normal? I didn't know that. I need to find a Templar hard checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom