• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the armor diversity front, are any other Warlocks annoyed that the Tengu Operant sets aren't legendary? It's probably my favorite Warlock set but there's no reason to wear it once you hit 20.

So coooooool.
Yep, I'm really hoping for some later form of transmog where we can just put our levels into whatever shiny clothes we want.

BraXzy

I tried playing but got a zoo full of errors thrown at me. Popped out to sort some stuff, maybe things will be sorted and back in their cages when I'm back.

ocean

Banned
With the current system they have in place, i do not see them raising the cap. if they add a new tier of gear aka higher than exotic, or by allowing us to equip more than 1 exotic thats how we can get to levels higher than 30.

by making a legendary set better than another legendary set thats also better than exotics would break the game. there is new gear coming yes, but stat wise "light" wont be any better than current exotics. this game is not like other games where anyone can get to the level cap just by getting xp. lvl 30 in this game is achieved solely by completing specific activities and getting specific gear, with the new raid they are allowing another avenue to achieve level 30. Could the next hard mode raid be a level 32 activity, yes, if you could only get to level 30, wouldnt that certainly make it hard to do?

I just don't see a logical solution to being able to get to above level 30 especially if it's only 2 levels.

Exotic gear doesn't give more Light than Raid Legendaries. You could have all four armor slots with Exotics and you'd still end up at 120 Light (Level 30) - just like with the Raid set. There's already 2 tiers of Legendary gear (non Raid and Raid). Don't see why new Raid couldn't be a yet higher tier.

My guess is the upcoming expansion will offer new Raid gear that goes above what current Raid gear does, and then maybe offer an upgrade path for current Exotics to match the new Raid Legendaries. So for instance, our current Raid gear maxes out at 30 Light (like our Exotics). Maybe the next Raid will offer gear that maxes at 35 Light (making numbers up here), and there'll be special bounty-type assignments in order to take our current Exotic (not Legendary) gear up to 35.

LordofPwn

Ok. Just to be clear, you think they won't increase the light level of new gear but you at least leave the possibility of achieving a higher level through experience right? Because it's going to happen one way or another. I would agree that we don't know exactly how, but the level cap is going to be raised eventually.

They didn't leave themselves an easy way to do that, but they could, sure. But it would probably have to be like 10 more levels and new abilities for subclasses. or just slots for "light" to atleast give a base lvl20 some points of light

Shito

by making a legendary set better than another legendary set thats also better than exotics would break the game. there is new gear coming yes, but stat wise "light" wont be any better than current exotics.
What would it "break" exactly?
It would be just like now, instead you would have another tier of gear to reach when leveling up. It's just like all those blues you got when first hitting 20, with a lower light stat.
At 20, you probably wouldn't be able to get those high end gears anyway.

this game is not like other games where anyone can get to the level cap just by getting xp.
Once again: take a look at what MMOs have been doing for the past 10 years or so.
Tiered gear after the level cap is a common thing now.
The only thing Bungie did was to "unify" it under the same "level" stat.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nice, a spot is yours if you want it. And cool, you made it to 30!

So far for conflux checkpoint at hard around 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 5pm Pacific
Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame

Yeah, last week hit 30 on my main. My titan is 29 and will be there soon...

In other news, I finally reached 100 ascendant energy in my bank, which is even more amazing when you realize that I have a bunch of level 300 weapons. Thanks for nothing, RNG!

Posted this in the Raid thread:

Xbox One: Looking for raiders with experience to help me/my group through final two stages (relics and Atheon) of normal mode raid.

On Saturday, friends and I got to the last section, but didn't succeed in getting both relics. So, we need help with that part, and then Atheon.

I'm not sure how many of my friends will play, but I think 1 or 2 MIGHT.

1. Myself
2. [reserved for friend]
3. [reserved for friend]
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Would like to start playing around 6:30 PM CST. Gamer Tag: Gareth Marenghi, lvl 28 Titan.

At the level 20 mission. You get like ~700 exp if you kill everything except the Knight. Then just wipe and repeat.

Also anyone else find the Aspect of Glass to be really really ugly? Atleast make the Raid Ship interesting :/

Thanks!

And pretty much all the ships are pretty boring looking, EXCEPT for the Iron Banner one, IMO. That's the only one I've found with an interesting design.

NeOak

Also anyone else find the Aspect of Glass to be really really ugly? Atleast make the Raid Ship interesting :/

The Queen's ship is prettier and uses the same base model. Wings are different, plus that emblem and you can't cheese to get it lol

Edit: Chasing Infinity

MADGAME

Yeah, last week hit 30 on my main. My titan is 29 and will be there soon...

In other news, I finally reached 100 ascendant energy in my bank, which is even more amazing when you realize that I have a bunch of level 300 weapons. Thanks for nothing, RNG!

I experienced a similar issue. I had all my gear maxed out, and every Raid, Daily, Weekly, etc only gave me shards. I went almost a week straight without receiving any energy. Ended up with over 100, when all I needed was energy to upgrade weapons. I seriously was beginning to think I ended up on some gag reel black list at Bungie.

It started turning around a bit the last few days, but still only getting enough energy to where I seriously need to prioritize my upgrades.

BLU-82

How else are you supposed to get XP when you're done with bounties? Got like a pixel left to get the regenerating ammo for Invective.

The patrol missions give tiny amounts of XP too if you get bored of the door. I seem to remember the priority target missions giving 300xp.

Maybe I'm blind.. or something. But switching my PS4 from the living room to my PC monitor has increased my average K/D in crucible from 0.5 to 2.1 wut? Is that screen smoothing crap messing me up? Am I blind as a bat from afar?

LiK

Maybe I'm blind.. or something. But switching my PS4 from the living room to my PC monitor has increased my average K/D in crucible from 0.5 to 2.1 wut? Is that screen smoothing crap messing me up? Am I blind as a bat from afar?

Does your living room TV have game mode on?

lunlunqq

So far for conflux checkpoint at hard around 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 5pm Pacific
Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame
I will try to join you guys if you guys don't mind me not being able to talk. My baby will be askeep at that time. Lvl 29 sunlock. All the necessary weapons maxed.

I don't know the reason for it, but I always play better on a monitor. I can see the entire image without having to move my eyes as much I think? when I play on a large screen 50+ inches you have to kind of scan the TV and you have more stuff in your peripheral.

They didn't leave themselves an easy way to do that, but they could, sure. But it would probably have to be like 10 more levels and new abilities for subclasses. or just slots for "light" to atleast give a base lvl20 some points of light

Basically they would just let you reach level 22 without gear and then be bumped up appropriately with gear up to 32 (or whatever the new cap would be). In that way, new gear wouldn't have to have more light and make your old gear obsolete. That said, that's exactly what expansions to MMOs have been doing for years now. Even with a raised level cap that is purely achieved through experience, they still bring out gear that is better than the previous best gear.

I agree, they've painted themselves in to a weird corner, but I really don't see them leaving 30 as the level cap for another two years. Rightly or wrongly, people will leave the game in droves if they don't up it.

I decided to discard my Exotic Weapon Bountie for Thorn.

500 kills in crucible with Void weapons, but deaths take away our kills? fuck dat. Up your ass, I won't do it.

if opportunity strikes again for another Exoitc Bounty, which one is the easiest?

E92 M3

Yes it is so awful that the higher level you get the smaller the selection of armour. Who thought that was a good idea, it should be the opposite where higher level means more selection.

I feel there is more variety playing my 14 Hunter and 11 Warlock.

That's why they need to include a vanity slot or let us use high stats for lower level armor to open up customization.

Anyone want to cheese Atheon for me tonight on hard? I have the checkpoint ready.

I tried getting some guys from destinylfg to help me out last night but they were clearly in it just to nab my checkpoint.

Tonight is the last chance for cheese.

500 kills in crucible with Void weapons, but deaths take away our kills? fuck dat. Up your ass, I won't do it.

if opportunity strikes again for another Exoitc Bounty, which one is the easiest?

The easiest is "A Voice In The Wilderness" by far, and the prize is "Super Good Advice" heavy machinegun, not everyone likes that gun tho, is somewhat underwhelming.

MADGAME

I will try to join you guys if you guys don't mind me not being able to talk. My baby will be askeep at that time. Lvl 29 sunlock. All the necessary weapons maxed.

I think that would be okay as long as you would be able to hear the rest of the team speaking, since defending the confluxes sometimes require on the fly adjustments depending on enemy movement, gaurdians down, etc.

Fitts

Invective. It can be cleared in around an hour. (as long as you have about $10k glimmer)

Trojan

B1U3Lu.jpg

Like I mentioned above, it's not too terribly difficult. Each kill is worth 5 points towards the 500 total. A death subtracts 2 points. Play rumble and equip void secondary and heavy weapons. You can go negative in the match and still earn points towards the bounty.

How much time did you put into your Warlock?

10 and a half hours.

Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of playtime (and Crucible stats) experimenting with Guardian setups.

Initially, I had a Level 26+ Titan, a Level 24 Warlock and I was working on a Hunter. I then deleted my Warlock and Hunter and went with a Titan-only setup. I ended up with a Level 30 and two Level 26s (more or less depending on the gear). Then I deleted my third Titan and ended up with this Warlock I'm going to delete.

At least when I'll recreate a Titan, the only annoyance will be levelling it up to 20. From that point on I can just re-equip the Titan gear I already had in my Vault.

Atkison04

Reposting from recruiting thread:

Looking to recruit 4 other people to raid with this upcoming Friday. A buddy (level 28 warlock) and myself (level 29 warlock/28 hunter) are looking to dive into the raid for the first time. Wanting to play legit and would like some gaffers to fill in the open slots. Either new to raid players or some experienced ones, doesn't really matter. Just wanting to do this for fun and enjoy it for the first time. We've both watched several youtube videos of the different stages and it honestly feels a bit overwhelming but we are looking forward to it. Please respond in this thread or send friend request to the7thAssassin on PS4. Will repost this mid-week when the time gets closer.

I think that would be okay as long as you would be able to hear the rest of the team speaking, since defending the confluxes sometimes require on the fly adjustments depending on enemy movement, gaurdians down, etc.
If you got a spot, I'll help you out Mad later tonight. Should be on at around 8PM EST as usual. I did the conflux part yesterday with a team of 29 so it should be slightly easier for us with a 30.

I see Bungie has fixed the bug where a player might not get randomly thrown to the title screen. I, for one, welcome this much needed randomness into the game.

Shito

Heh, a friend at work told me exactly the same thing at lunch. ^^
As a PVE player myself, I agree that those PVP tasks that can go *down* are quite nasty, and shouldn't be that prevalent in exotic bounties.

Invective is indeed easier, did it myself, but be warned that it has one of those ugly PVP mechanics as well, where you need to accumulate 25 more kills than deaths. Luckily, assists count as kills.

ocean

Banned
College_Boy, I won't be able to join you at 1pm EST, forgot I had to run an errand. If you're gonna play later in the night I'd love to join you at Hard Templar if you still have the checkpoint by then!

I won't be checking the thread that often for a few hours so PM me (I get an email that way) when you're getting on in case I'm close to home by then.

Agent

Beat hard raid and got a Mythoclast last night so all I can think about at work right now is starting to level it up tonight. I don't care if its nerfed right now, looking forward to it getting a PvE buff.

Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame

Care if I join in as well? lvl29 Hunter with fully upgraded VoC

EDIT:
Anyone down to do the raid at 5am EST tomorrow? Either those getting up early or up late for the reset time?

I'll be setting my alarm for 4:30am and will be on shortly after.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan (1 raid armour away from 30)
10 exotic weapons and tons of legendaries
3 Void weapons maxed for the raid
I will most likely be awake. And if we can get enough people, I would like to join in.

LordofPwn

Exotic gear doesn't give more Light than Raid Legendaries. You could have all four armor slots with Exotics and you'd still end up at 120 Light (Level 30) - just like with the Raid set.

My guess is the upcoming expansion will offer new Raid gear that goes above what current Raid gear does, and then maybe offer an upgrade path for current Exotics to match the new Raid Legendaries. So for instance, our current Raid gear maxes out at 30 Light (like our Exotics). Maybe the next Raid will offer gear that maxes at 35 Light (making numbers up here), and there'll be special bounty-type assignments in order to take our current Exotic (not Legendary) gear up to 35.

this was going to be my next point. The Raid set is essentially a group of exotics, but the game won't allow multiple exotics, but again the raid set is very situational. Exotics are situational to how you want to play, and the raid set is situational as to what you fight.

I expect the next raid set to be no different.

That being said i like your idea of a solution to the problem. i love the idea of utilizing the bounty system more.

What would it "break" exactly?
It would be just like now, instead you would have another tier of gear to reach when leveling up. It's just like all those blues you got when first hitting 20, with a lower light stat.
At 20, you probably wouldn't be able to get those high end gears anyway.

Once again: take a look at what MMOs have been doing for the past 10 years or so.
Tiered gear after the level cap is a common thing now.
The only thing Bungie did was to "unify" it under the same "level" stat.

Thats what i've been saying, they can do it with a higher tier, but a legendary is the same tier as another legendary. thats what it would break. they just have to come up with a like "pearlescent" tier, somthing higher than exotic.

Basically they would just let you reach level 22 without gear and then be bumped up appropriately with gear up to 32 (or whatever the new cap would be). In that way, new gear wouldn't have to have more light and make your old gear obsolete. That said, that's exactly what expansions to MMOs have been doing for years now. Even with a raised level cap that is purely achieved through experience, they still bring out gear that is better than the previous best gear.

I agree, they've painted themselves in to a weird corner, but I really don't see them leaving 30 as the level cap for another two years. Rightly or wrongly, people will leave the game in droves if they don't up it.
but only 2 levels seems like a bad idea.

I'm just trying to say not to believe a "leak" especially when that leak doesn't even say that there is a player level increase, only activity level, which they've said before, which didn't happen. Dont get upset when a level increase doesnt happen.

I would like a cap increase sure, but even after almost 200 hours and a half dozen raid attempts i'm still at level 29, but i have gotten 2 Mythoclasts... in a row...

Yeah, this is my experience so far, tons of shards and energies, not even one raid gear piece...it sucks, i would gladly grind my way up to level 30 doing anything instead of playing the raid over and over again with nothing guaranteed, fuck this random shit.

Heh, a friend at work told me exactly the same thing at lunch. ^^
As a PVE player myself, I agree that those PVP tasks that can go *down* are quite nasty, and shouldn't be that prevalent in exotic bounties.

Invective is indeed easier, did it myself, but be warned that it has one of those ugly PVP mechanics as well, where you need to accumulate 25 more kills than deaths. Luckily, assists count as kills.

I will wait until the Fusion Exotic mission or Machine Gun Exotic mission appear.

Besides, a Hand Caonnon with only 6 chambers = meh when you have that nice Vanguard one from the Quarter Master that is already pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom