• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Well....

There is a good reason to get dupes, the stats. I got 3 raid boots. Amusingly, one was +STR, one was +DISC, one was +INT.

So, there's a decent reason to get multiples.

I already maxed out my Bracers when I got the dupes so I had no inkling to get dupes even with different stats. Just want some damn greaves.

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

yWzp6ba.jpg

I don't feel unique or "Legend", too little variety in gear at end game.

:(

Looks just like mine! Except for all the raid gear... :p I'm jelly... -_-

Bizazedo

I've gotten the shaders Substance 321 and one of the Dead Orbit ones. The Dead Orbit one doesn't look different enough from Chatterwhite, although I do notice the black highlights. Substance 321 is the only one that really goes with my Armamentarium I've started rocking due to the stupidity of Exotics not changing colors...!

So dumb. So....so dumb.

Someone showed me / explained how Titan lightning grenades work, finally, because why the fuck would something in-game do it, right?

Immediately massacred people/ got multiple double and triple kills with them in Crucible. Awesome gametype that is Salvage helped, but I can't wait to use them on Point B in Blind Watch.

They are amazing.

Did the Atheon cheese on hard yesterday. Is it still possible to do the templar cheese and get the drops? Haven't done the templar on hard yet.

LordofPwn

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint, that's how MMO's / raiding works.

New raid is introduced, better gear is introduced.

"better gear" in this game is "Situational gear" though. For instance, the VoG gear may get you to level 30 and help you survive in the next raid, but my guess is that your ability to do more damage to oracles will be useless in the next raid. And because gear in this game increases your level unlike a lot of mmos and rpgs, their "system" would break by adding new gear to get you to higher levels than 30, unless they add a new tier or "rarity" or by allowing you to equip more than 1 exotic at a time. cause why use exotics when you can just wear the new legendary set that gets me to lvl 32? a 2 level difference makes a ton of difference in PVE.

Deku Tree

Did the Atheon cheese on hard yesterday. Is it still possible to do the templar cheese and get the drops? Haven't done the templar on hard yet.

Yes. But you need the save. Or you need to get there legit.

BTW, how many checkpoints are there in the hard Templar fight? Just one in the middle when you get the drops?

Shito

"better gear" in this game is "Situational gear" though. For instance, the VoG gear may get you to level 30 and help you survive in the next raid, but my guess is that your ability to do more damage to oracles will be useless in the next raid. And because gear in this game increases your level unlike a lot of mmos and rpgs, their "system" would break by adding new gear to get you to higher levels than 30, unless they add a new tier or "rarity" or by allowing you to equip more than 1 exotic at a time. cause why use exotics when you can just wear the new legendary set that gets me to lvl 32? a 2 level difference makes a ton of difference in PVE.
You really think they set the cap so low not to raise it?
Ever ever?

Bizazedo

They'll add new Exotics. Yes, our current Exotics will eventually become garbage tier. I think there's already a datamined Titan helmet that's not released yet.

And it doesn't break the system to add more gear, it just makes people take longer to level up / spend longer farming Ass materials.

LordofPwn

Basically this. You don't expect them to keep the cap at 30 until Destiny 2 do you? Even Borderlands 1 upped their level cap with expansions. That's just how these types of games work.

But borderlands had a traditional leveling system, where xp earned you levels. this game does not do that once you hit 20.

I would really like if Bungie changed it so raid gear is not necessary to get to 30 and above once they add in a level cap raise. I've been 29 for like 3 weeks, in any other game like this you would easily hit 30 in 3 weeks. I've done the raid every week, doing hard first for double the loot, normal and then hard to have extra loot RNG rolls, nadda. NEED THOSE DAMN GAUNTLETS!

Being at the mercy of RNG to level up is an awful system. I could have been focusing more on my Hunter and Warlock alts if my Titan was 30 by now, instead I just have a bit of time to level them up here and there. Hunter is at 14 and Warlock at 11.

MADGAME

You wanna lead a party to raid that sucker later? :p I jest... kinda...

Sure, I'd love to. I won't be home and logged in until 6pm-ish Central Time this evening (about 8 hours from now), but would be up for it if we can get a team. Really need level 29's/30's though.

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

I don't feel unique or "Legend", too little variety in gear at end game.

:(

Yes it is so awful that the higher level you get the smaller the selection of armour. Who thought that was a good idea, it should be the opposite where higher level means more selection.

I feel there is more variety playing my 14 Hunter and 11 Warlock.

I would really like if Bungie changed it so raid gear is not necessary to get to 30 and above once they add in a level cap raise. I've been 29 for like 3 weeks, in any other game like this you would easily hit 30 in 3 weeks. I've done the raid every week, doing hard first for double the loot, normal and then hard to have extra loot RNG rolls, nadda. NEED THOSE DAMN GAUNTLETS!

Being at the mercy of RNG to level up is an awful system. I could have been focusing more on my Hunter and Warlock alts if my Titan was 30 by now, instead I just have a bit of time to level them up here and there. Hunter is at 14 and Warlock at 11.
I've stopped caring about level 30. By doing that, I've gotten my alt Warlock up to level 28 already, and I'm working on a Hunter as well.

Shito

But borderlands had a traditional leveling system, where xp earned you levels. this game does not do that once you hit 20.
Lots of MMOs use the same mechanics after the level cap, but usually they keep it separated (see "item level").
This is hardly new, and in all of them extensions always introduce new higher tier gears.

well in other games like this, even if it took 3 weeks or more to reach the next level, you were still making progress.

you haven't made any progress to 30 in the last 3 weeks, and you could very well take another 3 weeks to get there. or, you can get lucky and hit it tomorrow.

well in other games like this, even if it took 3 weeks or more to reach the next level, you were still making progress.

you haven't made any progress to 30 in the last 3 weeks, and you could very well take another 3 weeks to get there. or, you can get lucky and hit it tomorrow.

This makes me so sad :(

God damn you Bungie!!!!

Deku Tree

Sure, I'd love to. I won't be home and logged in until 6pm-ish Central Time this evening (about 8 hours from now), but would be up for it if we can get a team. Really need level 29's/30's though.

I can join by about 9pm est. Level 29 warlock with fully upgraded void weapons . Gonna be booked up before that though. Feel free to go without me if you have a crew and want to start earlier.

Bizazedo

Maybe Xur will have the Exotic Titan Gaunts for you.

Only reason I can hit 30 now (just need 7 more Ass shards, so happy) is Xur was selling the Armamentarium. Raid chest has never dropped for me.

My stat distribution won't be ideal, the gauntlets are STR sadly that I have, but I can fix that in the long run. Level 30 is so much more important than stats, sadly.\

I still dont like the method they use to handle difficulty with the severe penalties to damage by level.
Wonder if they'll add a kill timer to the initial spawn in the Templar area when someone jumps down to initiate the battle.

I've only done it legit on Normal, on Hard there've always been at least a few of us sniping. Part of me would love to see this just to see the panic.

Ok. Just to be clear, you think they won't increase the light level of new gear but you at least leave the possibility of achieving a higher level through experience right? Because it's going to happen one way or another. I would agree that we don't know exactly how, but the level cap is going to be raised eventually.

MADGAME

I can join by about 9pm est. Level 29 warlock with fully upgraded void weapons . Gonna be booked up before that though. Feel free to go without me if you have a crew and want to start earlier.

Time works for me, allows me to knock out the dailies and easy 5,000 bounties

This makes me so sad :(

God damn you Bungie!!!!

everything else is based around grinding for rep. don't see why the raid isn't considered its own faction either. if bungie wanted to goal post the level cap, they should have just had raid bounties. then they could control the minimum date level 30s and raid rewards would appear.

i don't know - anything has to be better than a hidden luck stat.

I've only done it legit on Normal, on Hard there've always been at least a few of us sniping. Part of me would love to see this just to see the panic.

Yeah seeing as how you can make quick work of the Oracles and Templar doing it...I'm pretty sure it's going to get patched as well.

Also "closing" the spirit bloom room until the end of the entire encounter.

Ah, unfortunately that's midnight for me so it's a bit late, work in the morning... Otherwise I'd join up.

ocean

Banned

What do you mean you do Normal and Hard again after doing Hard? You'll get zero additional drops, what's that RNG roll you mention?

Am_I_Evil

Anyone up for hard Atheon checkpoint at appx 8pm eastern? I've got the point but haven't completed this yet....we can cheese it or do it normally (i cannot cheese as i am a level 29 Hunter, would need some warlocks for that)...

PS4 - Am_I_Evil - 8pm(ish)

LordofPwn

You really think they set the cap so low not to raise it?
Ever ever?

With the current system they have in place, i do not see them raising the cap. if they add a new tier of gear aka higher than exotic, or by allowing us to equip more than 1 exotic thats how we can get to levels higher than 30.

They'll add new Exotics. Yes, our current Exotics will eventually become garbage tier. I think there's already a datamined Titan helmet that's not released yet.

And it doesn't break the system to add more gear, it just makes people take longer to level up / spend longer farming Ass materials.

by making a legendary set better than another legendary set thats also better than exotics would break the game. there is new gear coming yes, but stat wise "light" wont be any better than current exotics. this game is not like other games where anyone can get to the level cap just by getting xp. lvl 30 in this game is achieved solely by completing specific activities and getting specific gear, with the new raid they are allowing another avenue to achieve level 30. Could the next hard mode raid be a level 32 activity, yes, if you could only get to level 30, wouldnt that certainly make it hard to do?

I just don't see a logical solution to being able to get to above level 30 especially if it's only 2 levels.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I can probably join at that time if a spot is open, level 30 hunter.

Tovarisc

On the armor diversity front, are any other Warlocks annoyed that the Tengu Operant sets aren't legendary? It's probably my favorite Warlock set but there's no reason to wear it once you hit 20.

So coooooool.

Yeah, maybe most rad looking warlock armor set is basically level 10 stuff.

Such waste.

My biggest complaint right now with this game is lack of different armor sets and ships. The weapons seem to be bare minimum enough but there is not enough armor sets. The ships are an even bigger joke, Yes its just cosmetic but there are what? 8 ship designs in this game? I don't get it, if they serve no purpose how about you guys model like 50-100 different ones?

edit: I was looking at my screenshots from leveling my titan and remember all the different armor she had while leveling awwwwww. now its the same set forever because without it im deleveled, and to make it worse its the same set every other titan has.

geeee

So, just got the Thorn bounty. Here we go....

It's really not that bad. I did the entire thing -- start to finish -- in like 3 hours yesterday afternoon. For the crucible portion just stick to rumble and put on your best void fusion rifle and void heavy.

Is this the best way to level...anything? Gonna try to power level my alts after I get the basic missions out of the way.

At the level 20 mission. You get like ~700 exp if you kill everything except the Knight. Then just wipe and repeat.

Also anyone else find the Aspect of Glass to be really really ugly? Atleast make the Raid Ship interesting :/

MADGAME

I can probably join at that time if a spot is open, level 30 hunter.

Nice, a spot is yours if you want it. And cool, you made it to 30!

So far for conflux checkpoint at hard around 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 5pm Pacific
Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My biggest complaint right now with this game is lack of different armor sets and ships. The weapons seem to be bare minimum enough but there is not enough armor sets. The ships are an even bigger joke, Yes its just cosmetic but there are what? 8 ship designs in this game? I don't get it, if they serve no purpose how about you guys model like 50-100 different ones?

Maybe they didn't model 100 different ships because they serve no purpose? I'll agree with the armors but I assume they will be coming eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom