• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Thats what i've been saying, they can do it with a higher tier, but a legendary is the same tier as another legendary. thats what it would break. they just have to come up with a like "pearlescent" tier, somthing higher than exotic.
But legendaries are already "tiered".
Raid legendary > standard legendary.
And it doesn't break anything. It's just like a lvl20 blue being better than a lvl16 one.

Milennia

Anyone down to do the raid at 5am EST tomorrow? Either those getting up early or up late for the reset time?

I'll be setting my alarm for 4:30am and will be on shortly after.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan (1 raid armour away from 30)
10 exotic weapons and tons of legendaries
3 Void weapons maxed for the raid

I'll be up for it assuming it's hard mode-

PSN cyborg1

29 sunsinger multiple hard clears

void666

Banned
If you go to orbit as soon as he falls, you keep the checkpoint, you don´t get loot though.

Edit: You must die once before knock him off too

I already got the loot this week. I'll give it a try later if i can find a HM checkpoint.

Well I have the checkpoint if you fellas wanna join in later, I will be on around 8pm PST

PSN: Alpha-Perro

I must be back home by then. I have a warlock 28. Managed to knock him off once.
irus_void

cakely

I decided to discard my Exotic Weapon Bountie for Thorn.

500 kills in crucible with Void weapons, but deaths take away our kills? fuck dat. Up your ass, I won't do it.

if opportunity strikes again for another Exoitc Bounty, which one is the easiest?

Void subclass, void shotgun, void machine gun. Assists and kills are worth 5 points each, and a death only counts for -2.

It took me about three hours of crucible to complete (did bad juju at the same time) and I'm a completely average 1.04 k/d player.

Temidien

Neo Member
So, just got the Thorn bounty. Here we go....

Same here, not looking forward to grinding crucible for hours or tracking down better void weapons to be more effective.

As a player who always does well in PvP but actively dislikes the heart-palpating anxiety of it, this won't be any fun at all.

Hey guys -- question. :)

Would anyone be willing to help carry my level 25 Titan alt through the Nightfall? It's got a bunch of hand me down exotic and legendary weapons so I'll be able to atleast help out.

In return I can run someones alt through the Nightfall with my 29 Warlock. If anyone is interested let me know :) PS4 PSN: ScareGoat

I'll be on around 5PM PST today.

Lfg seems to be dead at this hour so I'll try my luck here. Looking to get my alt through raid. I've beat countless times on normal and hard. I'm a 26 titan, maxed epilogue and confluence. Have icebreaker handy and know all strats.

Xb1
Gt: cito1109

cakely

Maybe I'm blind.. or something. But switching my PS4 from the living room to my PC monitor has increased my average K/D in crucible from 0.5 to 2.1 wut? Is that screen smoothing crap messing me up? Am I blind as a bat from afar?

Your living room TV might have input lag. Adding 70ms to your reaction time is a recipe for disaster in an online FPS.

void666

Banned
Void subclass, void shotgun, void machine gun. Assists and kills are worth 5 points each, and a death only counts for -2.

It took me about three hours of crucible to complete (did bad juju at the same time) and I'm a completely average 1.04 k/d player.

It took me 7 or 8 matches iirc. Voidwalker with atheon's epilogue (void AR), void fusion rifle and void RL. I was dreading the pvp part of the bounty but after the first match i had 65 points.
But honestly without AE i wouldn't have even tried.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Bungie could solve so many issues if they just let us equip more than 1 exotic armor/weapon.

If they're worried about OPness in PvP, just have the exotic abilities turned off in the Crucible.

Problem solved.

Steroyd

Bungie could solve so many issues if they just let us equip more than 1 exotic armor/weapon.

If they're worried about OPness in PvP, just have the exotic abilities turned off in the Crucible.

Problem solved.

No no no, not problem solved!

I am NOT going to let my only advantage over fucking bladedancers get pissed into the wind like that. :mad:

*strokes Saint Helm-14*

kidko

The best thing to come of the Iron Banner is the lvl1 shader. Nothing else looks good with The Heart of Praxic Fire

Sullichin

Problem solved.

I don't like either of these ideas. Multiple exotics would defeat much of the purpose of making multiple loadouts for the same character for me. And removing their abilities in PVP would be defeating the purpose of exotics as well.

Bloodsent

Anyone down to do the raid at 5am EST tomorrow? Either those getting up early or up late for the reset time?

I'll be setting my alarm for 4:30am and will be on shortly after.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan (1 raid armour away from 30)
10 exotic weapons and tons of legendaries
3 Void weapons maxed for the raid

I am game, if hard mode. Level 29 Sunslinger
PSN: Bloodsent

I don't like either of these ideas. Multiple exotics would defeat much of the purpose of making multiple loadouts for the same character for me. And removing their abilities in PVP would be defeating the purpose of exotics as well.

With armor the rule with exotics makes sense. With weapons it really doesn't. If anything it makes legendary counterparts for most exotics more appealing because they don't handcuff you like exotics

golem

500 kills in crucible with Void weapons, but deaths take away our kills? fuck dat. Up your ass, I won't do it.

if opportunity strikes again for another Exoitc Bounty, which one is the easiest?

These and the raid are the only legitimate challenges in Destiny.

I might be behind the times, but when did they patch in a spawn door on the bridge overlooking the first big encounter in the earth strike?

I'm talking about the room with the laser barriers Ghost has to hack through. There's a bridge behind the scan point you could hide up on and snipe enemies from, but now there's a spawn door that spits out stealth enemies every once and a while.

Keeps things lively, but I swear it's a recent addition.

It really isn't that difficult. 5 points per kill and -2 per death. You can have a KD of 0.5 and still get the bounty done

Tawpgun

Loved seeing the tears from everyone about the Atheon fix. RIP cheesers.

I also await the day the relic bubble is patched so you can't shoot through it. Gonna be a juicy day on the Destiny OT and subreddit.

B1U3Lu.jpg

Yeah the name is a lie, it's actually Vault of ass.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm a level 25 (just short of 26) Hunter playing on a PS4. I have a couple of pieces of Legendary gear and a couple Legendary heavy weapons, all of which were earned through decrypted engrams before the patch (except for my newest Legendary heavy weapon). My Hunter's details:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018435263951/2305843009219842625

I mostly play PVP. I'm not the best, but I don't suck either. The game overall is fun to play. I just found the story missions to be ass, the story telling ass and the grinding boring. I can't bring myself to do anything in the game alone, except of course the PVP.

Anyway, the point of this post is if you want to add somone else to your list of potential Destiny playmates, add me. MyPSN ID is "mf3freak".

I also await the day the relic bubble is patched so you can't shoot through it. Gonna be a juicy day on the Destiny OT and subreddit.

Isn't that the point of the relic? I guess you can use the super for the relic and that is pretty effective against atheon

Is there some indication that you should not be able to shoot through the relic bouble? Given the relatively short window where you do more damage, I imagine it would be a tedious fight otherwise.

LiK

Huh, not allowing to shoot through relic shield is kinda dumb. Shooting through it together as a team is one of the best feelings in the Raid.

void666

Banned
Something i noticed yesterday while soloing the templar. I wasn't being able to one shot harpies. I had the subclasses stuff set to high agility low armor. Once i raised the armor i could one shot them. Same with my hunter.

Weeks ago when the nightfall was the mars strike my titan was doing more damage than my warlock using the same sniper rifle.

I did some testing yesterday with a hunter equiped with hawkmoon. Shot some dregs in the cosmodrome. Tried high and low armor. No difference.

Am i crazy here?

That...would be really dumb. Not sure how that is a cheese either.

E92 M3

I don't think they will touch the relic after random teleporting.

Something i noticed yesterday while soloing the templar. I wasn't being able to one shot harpies. I had the subclasses stuff set to high agility low armor. Once i raised the armor i could one shot them. Same with my hunter.

Weeks ago when the nightfall was the mars strike my titan was doing more damage than my warlock using the same sniper rifle.

I did some testing yesterday with a hunter equiped with hawkmoon. Shot some dregs in the cosmodrome. Tried high and low armor. No difference.

Am i crazy here?

You may be on to something. Keep testing.

kidko

I might be behind the times, but when did they patch in a spawn door on the bridge overlooking the first big encounter in the earth strike?

I'm talking about the room with the laser barriers Ghost has to hack through. There's a bridge behind the scan point you could hide up on and snipe enemies from, but now there's a spawn door that spits out stealth enemies every once and a while.

Keeps things lively, but I swear it's a recent addition.

I think it's always been there. It's not a good place to hang out. you're better off jumping down from there and running down the hall to your left.

MADGAME

I would like to participate! I have a 29 Titan.

If you got a spot, I'll help you out Mad later tonight. Should be on at around 8PM EST as usual. I did the conflux part yesterday with a team of 29 so it should be slightly easier for us with a 30.

Care if I join in as well? lvl29 Hunter with fully upgraded VoC

For conflux checkpoint at hard around 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 5pm Pacific:

Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame
lunlunqq
Palmer V1 - Can you send me a FR on PSN? Same as Gaf.
Sentient
Looks like a strong team to me!

Care if I join in as well? lvl29 Hunter with fully upgraded VoC
Ugh, looks like some folks replied beforehand but if plans change for anyone then you are in. Send me a FR on PSN if you like, same as GAF.

Unrelated - I just realized the description for the Vex Mytho was meant to be read in a loop, related to it's mechanical infrastructure. Well played, Bungie.

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into ...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

hitme

Got a checkpoint at Atheon on hard.

Those on my PSN friends list, message me. I'll be on in a couple of hours. I need your cheese.

I'm liking The Crash a lot more then the Invective.

So is there any reason Crucible doesn't offer raid level gear? Is Crucible not intended to be a viable form of progression?
Crucible gear only gets you too 29. You can only progress from gear from the raid after that. That's the only area for lvl 30 gear.

Where did you ever hear you would get raid type gear in PVP?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So is there any reason Crucible doesn't offer raid level gear? Is Crucible not intended to be a viable form of progression?

This may be a dumb question, but what do you care about raid level gear if you aren't doing the raid? Level 30 gear is meaningless otherwise.

Tawpgun

So you want Atheon to be most anti-fun encounter of whole game?

Not sure if they'll fix it but I'm pretty sure its a bug. It makes no sense that you should be able to shoot through it. It's also fairly glitchy as far as damage getting in.

I think Atheon is already the most anti fun encounter of the entire vault of glass. It's too monotonous. Random teleport will help but once eveyrone knows the roles it still devolves into 3-5 cycles of clearing oracles, jumping out, into middle and safely unloading on atheon. It gets kinda repetetive. The Templar is a harder fight than Atheon.

I think the fight would be a lot more interesting if you had to damage him on the move. And I'm pretty sure thats the way it was intended.

That being said, it might be one of those "Meh not worth fixing" things. Who knows.

but only 2 levels seems like a bad idea.

I'm just trying to say not to believe a "leak" especially when that leak doesn't even say that there is a player level increase, only activity level, which they've said before, which didn't happen. Dont get upset when a level increase doesnt happen.

I would like a cap increase sure, but even after almost 200 hours and a half dozen raid attempts i'm still at level 29, but i have gotten 2 Mythoclasts... in a row...

I'm personally not taking the leak as word at the moment. I only really brought it up as smoke for the fire. I also think 2 levels is too low (5 seems more reasonable) but it really depends on the method they decide to increase levels from here on out (though pure experience or through gear). I DO expect a level increase though. Especially if the content goes past 30. Even before taking leaks in to account, I think it's only logical that it should.

Dante316

This may be a dumb question, but what do you care about raid level gear if you aren't doing the raid? Level 30 gear is meaningless otherwise.

Agreed, level 30 is meaningless if you dont do heroic raid. The stats you get are random too so I have 0 discipline on my 30 so I switch armors to have stats I want and that puts me at lvl 28 which is perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom