• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

It's not as easy as it is with the DS4, that's for sure. But, I found remote playing Destiny to be really, really good! I haven't tried any PVP, but PVE has been fantastic.

The one thing I can't figure out is how to do "R2". I compare weapons and armour all the time. When I remote play, I can't do that because there is no "R2" and the R2 soft button mapped to the touchscreen won't do it either. However, if I'm running around the environment, the soft R2 works just fine. WTF. It must be a bug.

Yeah I noticed that. I just can't aim or navigate for shit. Probably need more practice

Deku Tree

Nice, a spot is yours if you want it. And cool, you made it to 30!

Originally Posted by MADGAME
For conflux checkpoint at hard around 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 5pm Pacific:

Deku Tree
Commish
Madgame
lunlunqq
Palmer V1 - Can you send me a FR on PSN? Same as Gaf.
Sentient

Looks like a strong team to me!

Ugh, looks like some folks replied beforehand but if plans change for anyone then you are in. Send me a FR on PSN if you like, same as GAF.

Unrelated - I just realized the description for the Vex Mytho was meant to be read in a loop, related to it's mechanical infrastructure. Well played, Bungie.

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into ...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

I can try to be on by close to 8:30pm est tonight. But I am not going to be on before then.... If you need to start earlier it is Ok with me if you start without me. If you folks can wait then I am still happy to join.

Nameless

Looks like rumors of Grim Citizen's demise were greatly exaggerated(by me). A couple hour long target practice sessions and a weekend of play and I feels just like it did pre nerf. Hell, the tweaks to the stability probably lead to a few more headshots. Good news, since my brief search for a new main left a lot to be desired.

btkadams

Also: One of the best investments you can when you are starting to raid is a void fusion rifle. 77 Wizard has a longer warmup time, but its accuracy means you can engage earlier anyway. Light Beware is a great choice if you can find it in void.

_____
My smoothest runs almost always skip the bubble shield on Atheon. Too often splash damage gets someone killed and scattering as vengeance runs out can be dicey. Keeping everyone at their positions usually means supplicants are more thoroughly mopped up and no damage time is lost hopping to the platform.
Yeah, I just had a rare-level void fusion for the raid, but it was super helpful. I'm saving up marks for the 77 Wizard. I'm making progress on my Pocket Infinity bounty, but it's not void damage unfortunately.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So the Shadow Price I got as steward for Vanguard 3 on my alt has:

Third Eye
Field Scout giving it 42 in the mag
And faster reload on kill

If I used ARs in pvp this would be awesome. I might have to try it...

I am so jealous of this gun. I really really want it.

smoothj

Ran the raid yesterday but we couldn't get past the Templar. I am only level 25 titan. I did get the boots though. Are these the best boots I'll be able to get all the way to 29 or 30? Should I just focus on upgrading them all the way?

Fixed1979

Ran the raid yesterday but we couldn't get past the Templar. I am only level 25 titan. I did get the boots though. Are these the best boots I'll be able to get all the way to 29 or 30? Should I just focus on upgrading them all the way?

If you want to get to lvl30 then you'll need to max those boots out.

btkadams

I thought you had to be level 26 to do the raid?

E92 M3

I hate you. Those boots have been so elusive for me.

Vespene

Whenever you get a raid legendary, it should be your primary goal for ass shards as they are the hardest to get piece of gear in the game. Exotic armor, while it provides more light, can be easily replaced through Xur.

Smidget

Almost at The New Order's rank 2 finally and have had the max 200 marks for a while. Then I have strange coins to use that I might be able to buy something Exotic this weekend. Is it smart just to get the higher light stuff since I'm only level 25 and then worry about better weapons?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone out there that can hook me up with finishing off some of my raid stop gaps?

I need Atheon on my Titan 27 - Normal Raid
I need Gatekeepers + Atheon on 27 - Hunter Normal Raid
28 Warlock needs Oracles, Templar, Gatekeepers for Hard Raid

I swear to god I join random groups, somehow Oracles/Templar get downed, but either people fuck up a lot on the Gatekeepers or burn out beating Gatekeeper that when Atheon can't be cheesed or tried legit a few times people give up

I seriously hate the only Fireteam leader gets the checkpoint bullshit
I earned as much as 5 others, I should also have it, it's stupid looking for said leader and hoping they didn't finish or start the raid from the start, and see it falter at the exact same place you got ditched in last raid

If there is anyone out there who is cheesing Atheon, can you please let me join so I can get some fucking drops
I'm getting tired of getting fucked over every raid group I join and get assed out cause of very weird situations

Some GAFfers invite and just coax or have time constraints... then why the hell do the Raid in the first place!

ocean

Banned
Anyone out there that can hook me up with finishing off some of my raid stop gaps?

I need Atheon on my Titan 27 - Normal Raid
I need Gatekeepers + Atheon on 27 - Hunter Normal Raid
28 Warlock needs Oracles, Templar, Gatekeepers for Hard Raid

I swear to god I join random groups, somehow Oracles/Templar get downed, but either people fuck up a lot on the Gatekeepers or burn out beating Gatekeeper that when Atheon can't be cheesed or tried legit a few times people give up

I seriously hate the only Fireteam leader gets the checkpoint bullshit
I earned as much as 5 others, I should also have it, it's stupid looking for said leader and hoping they didn't finish or start the raid from the start, and see it falter at the exact same place you got ditched in last raid
Is that Fireteam leader checkpoint thing even working? Joining a team at Atheon gives me the checkpoint regardless of whether I'm leader or not :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't get why people keep saying this. This is a game where you want to get better and better loot and higher and higher levels. I see someone wandering around with better loot and a higher level and I want what they have. I don't think to myself "oh, phft, raid gear, I don't want that."

Every time I see that statement made in these threads I can't help but see just wilful ignorance of what kind of game this is. I'm not arguing one way or another that level 30 should be attainable only through raid gear, but this attitude and response towards people who question it should not be the final word in the argument.

My point is that it's not "better" loot because, if all you are doing is PvP, then being level 30 instead of level 29 doesn't make much difference (note - maybe the new Iron Banner will change this). To me, it's like saying you want a motorcycle (level 30 gear) when you are stuck in the middle of the ocean (doing pvp) because other people (those on land, aka doing the raid) are getting motorcycles. What good will a motorcycle do you if you're in the middle of the ocean?

To me, it makes sense that, to get the best PvE gear, you have to do PvE. What's missing, and what other games have done, is set it up so that, to get the best PvP gear, you have to do PvP. WoW was the same way at launch - you had to do PvE content in order to get the best PvP weapons/armor. Eventually they introduced more PvP-focused gear that was obtainable only through PvP.

Bungie should make it so if a person dies during the platforming part of the raid everybody has to do it over again.

Yeah but they can just have one person do it and the rest can leave and rejoin, would start outside the vault. I think you can skip the entire maze like this as well.

SighFight

Looking for 3 more for Normal raid on PS4, going for completion start to finish today. We are all new to it except for one of us that has only done the raid once.

We are beginning at 2 EST (10mins), and are looking for hunters of another defender Titan!

So far we have:
1- Myself (blewjayy on PSN) - Lvl 27 Warlock Sunsinger
2 -Inaper - Lvl 27 Titan Defender
3- pranoy10 - Lvl 27 Warlock Sunsinger
4- ???
5- ???
6- ???

Add me up if you don't already have me on your friends list and join in!

Of not to late. I sent you also request. Lv 27 hunter.

Booties

Banned
I don't think calling the random teleporting an RNG thing is quite the same.

RNG is more of a dice roll, but the benefit of each side is very different. If you're in a room with 6 guardians, all of which are level 28-30, what difference does it make that everyone can be teleported at one time? It's not comparable to stuff like the crucible which can give me a white helmet and another person an ass shard.

It just means you have to try harder and cheese less. Get over it.

Void subclass, void shotgun, void machine gun. Assists and kills are worth 5 points each, and a death only counts for -2.

It took me about three hours of crucible to complete (did bad juju at the same time) and I'm a completely average 1.04 k/d player.

I was going to say the same thing. I am not really a MP guy and i just played control with this setup replacing machine gun with rockets.

Tovarisc

Shotguns still running rampant in the Crucible. Bungie's incompetence really blows me away.

They would need to redesign almost every Crucible map in order to make shotgun actually less viable choice. They can't balance weapon class for PvP when maps are build around of having a lot turns and short distances / corridors.

Well okay they can "balance" shotguns for this shit map design, but in process they could just delete shotguns from the game as whole.

Definitely not the case with me. I've Raided a couple times on someone else's game and have not received any sort of checkpoint.

Weird. I always get every checkpoint in raid even if I'm not fireteam leader.

Nori Chan

Keep those boots and throw away everything else. Nothing else will be of use to you unless you don't want to hit 30 ever.
I thought you had to be level 26 to do the raid?
You can play in the raid when you are level 23

Overdoziz

Banned
You're an evil person.
You gotta admit it's pretty underwhelming as it is. Hopefully the next raid will have an obstacle course or something. Something like the Indiana Jones maps in Halo Reach would be interesting.
Yeah but they can just have one person do it and the rest can leave and rejoin, would start outside the vault. I think you can skip the entire maze like this as well.
Well that's just stupid.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Namikaze1

You gotta admit, it's pretty underwhelming as it is. Hopefully the next raid will have an obstacle course or something. Something like the Indiana Jones maps in Halo Reach would be interesting.
So we're going to run away from a giant boulder rolling toward us? No wait! A giant rolling ogre pretending to be Samus from Metroid! :D

Shotguns still running rampant in the Crucible. Bungie's incompetence really blows me away.

I actually used a shotgun in the Crucible for the first time since the patch (never really interested me before), and you have to get pretty fucking close to someone to kill them with it. The range on my Found Verdict is abysmal too and didn't have any upgrades, so it's not like people are getting kills from ridiculous ranges.

I feel like people won't stop complaining about shotguns until you can't one-shot someone at all.

ethomaz

Banned
Definitely not the case with me. I've Raided a couple times on someone else's game and have not received any sort of checkpoint.
Normal checkpoints needs to be accessed via Square... Hard checkpoints is directly... works for all members of the firesteam since he reached a checkpoint or died.

So you can enter in a firesteam, die and back to the Orbit with the checkpoint.

BTW I will be up for Hard Raid tonight from the Oracle part because I need three bosses rewards and 2 chests (I can start from beginning too).

Tovarisc

I actually used a shotgun in the Crucible for the first time since the patch (never really interested me before), and you have to get pretty fucking close to someone to kill them with it. The range on my Found Verdict is abysmal too and didn't have any upgrades, so it's not like people are getting kills from ridiculous ranges.

I feel like people won't stop complaining about shotguns until you can't one-shot someone at all.

Found Verdict has maybe longest reach out of all shotguns. It can OHK players in Crucible at laughable long ranges for being shotgun.

I always use shotgun in Crucible and I think they are a joke in a sense that they are way too effective. I still blame map design over CQB weapon class.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I readily admit I haven't PvP'd as much as others have, but I really haven't seen shotguns as a big problem, at least not more than fusion rifles. Both can kill you with one hit, but fusion rifles actually have pretty good range on them.

Completed hard raid last night. Got rocket launcher, which was cool. Then after Atheon died I got 2x Atheon's Epilogue and the Raid speeder, both of which I already have.

909.gif

LiK

I readily admit I haven't PvP'd as much as others have, but I really haven't seen shotguns as a big problem, at least not more than fusion rifles. Both can kill you with one hit, but fusion rifles actually have pretty good range on them.

Yep, FRs can kill you one hit in midrange. Shotties from midrange still take a few hits to kill me from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom